The Hills

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I finished Selling Sunset and it made me so desperate to rewatch The Hills so I got my other half to download it all for me and I’ve been stuck in a hole ever since 😂

Anyone else love this show?! Watching it now in my late twenties I can see through EVERYONE but ten years ago I honestly based my life off of these people hahaha I wanted to be Audrina so bad and probably explains why my late teens and early 20s was spent getting pied off by dirty, grungey looking long haired boys a la Justin Bobby 😂😂😂

The smell of toxicity and gaslighting though is RIFE now I watch it back with an adults mindset but damn it made good telly

Who did you love/hate/love to hate?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Me too, so much. I just watched all of them on amazon prime. I still (tragically) have the same haircut as Lauren and rewatching has made me lust over my flared jeans, big belts and boob tubes of old.

I know it’s not real but I’m furious with Lauren for not going to Paris. Can’t believe I thought it was romantic the first time round 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Me too, so much. I just watched all of them on amazon prime. I still (tragically) have the same haircut as Lauren and rewatching has made me lust over my flared jeans, big belts and boob tubes of old.

I know it’s not real but I’m furious with Lauren for not going to Paris. Can’t believe I thought it was romantic the first time round 🤣
I will never be over Lauren NoT going to Paris and that loser boyfriend Jason.

obviously now I can understand why with Jason’s substance / drinking abuse but I was like Paris!!!!

I hated Kristin watching it and love hate Justin Bobby a man so great he had two names. Loved Brody as he is just soooo fit but hate him how as he just seems like a dick.
disliked Stephanie, Heidi and Spencer (all insane) still don’t like them now. I loved the hills so much I wanted to go to the night clubs and hot spots when I turned 21 (it came out like when I was 16/7? I can’t remember haha but then obviously it all died down

Reactions: 5
So strange, I started re-watching them today too!!!!! I really hated Heidi. LOVED Lauren and Audrina - could never decide which one I wanted to be like more 🤣

Haha yesss you have the side fringe?! I love it! I think their hairstyles are still totally amazing, I wanna go brunette again thanks to audrina and have the choppy cut!!

Reactions: 4
Ahh I loved this show! I was early 20s when it came out, and genuinely believed in all the drama - I remember being gutted when it all came out how fake the scenes were! Back then, there really wasn’t much reality TV like this around so I just totally fell for it! 🤣🙈
I re-watch it every so often still, and can’t believe I ever seriously thought it was real - still love it though!

I will never be over Lauren NoT going to Paris and that loser boyfriend Jason.

obviously now I can understand why with Jason’s substance / drinking abuse but I was like Paris!!!!

I hated Kristin watching it and love hate Justin Bobby a man so great he had two names. Loved Brody as he is just soooo fit but hate him how as he just seems like a dick.
disliked Stephanie, Heidi and Spencer (all insane) still don’t like them now. I loved the hills so much I wanted to go to the night clubs and hot spots when I turned 21 (it came out like when I was 16/7? I can’t remember haha but then obviously it all died down
Les Deux! The scene of many a dramatic moment. Would have given my right arm to go there back in the day.

Yes, still have the side fringe and highlights, I’m stuck in the early noughties! Get me a job with Kelly Cutrone, I’m ready to go.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I lovedddd the hills! Totally related to everything they went through and now as an adult you can’t believe all the petty drama

i always thought i was ‘audrina’ in my life as I had a similar relationship with my boyf at the time and justin bobby was sooo hot lol

can’t believe heidi and spencer are still married.

also love that LC hasn’t changed and remained so normal all these years later. Fave reality person ever.

Les Deux! The scene of many a dramatic moment. Would have given my right arm to go there back in the day.

Yes, still have the side fringe and highlights, I’m stuck in the early noughties! Get me a job with Kelly Cutrone, I’m ready to go.
Haha Kelly Cutrone was so scary but badass! I loved how little fucks she gave about the show 😂

can’t believe heidi and spencer are still married.

also love that LC hasn’t changed and remained so normal all these years later. Fave reality person ever.

I’m SO surprised they’re still married too although I feel like they are a match made in heaven, both as narcissistic as each other so who else would have them?!

It was a miracle Lauren stayed sane throughout - she probably watched everyone else slowly lose their minds and thought NOPE not for me!!

I forgot how annoying Lo is though, Jesus she’s like an old grandma!!

The drama! The meaningful looks! I've just rewatched up until when Lauren leaves, but couldn't deal with Kristin at all so I've stopped just after Speidi's wedding. With hindsight, Whitney was the only one of them with any common sense and maturity although I do think Lauren took a lot of crap she didn't deserve. I worked in NY in the early 00s and had a few Paris trips myself so I was living for those segments, total memory lane.

There's a podcast called Les Deux You Remember The First Time? that talks about LA around the same time, definitely worth a listen.

Reactions: 3
The job in Paris was fake 😭😭😭

It’s soo weird reading about stuff like this! Since rewatching I’ve googled so much and Audrina and Justin Bobby weren’t even really dating, they were just good friends and any dating they did was off-air but everything on air was mostly fake.

Apparently his whole relationship with Kristen was ALL fake, apparently she was up for anything so agreed to fake the whole thing for the show 😂🙈

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Also I read that Audrina didn’t just randomly meet Lauren and Heidi by living in the same apartment block, she was scouted and brought in by MTV to be their ‘friend’!

I do want to know though if ANY of the seemingly dramatic moments were real?! Eg the New Year’s Eve argument between Lauren and Jason, where she then stormed off in taxi with Heidi? The argument between Lauren and Heidi/Spencer - “you KNOW what you did!” Or the drama where Jen Bunny hooked up with Brody and the girls fell out??
(ps yes I have clearly watched all the episodes too many times! 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Also I read that Audrina didn’t just randomly meet Lauren and Heidi by living in the same apartment block, she was scouted and brought in by MTV to be their ‘friend’!

I do want to know though if ANY of the seemingly dramatic moments were real?! Eg the New Year’s Eve argument between Lauren and Jason, where she then stormed off in taxi with Heidi? The argument between Lauren and Heidi/Spencer - “you KNOW what you did!” Or the drama where Jen Bunny hooked up with Brody and the girls fell out??
(ps yes I have clearly watched all the episodes too many times! 🤣)
Some of them must be real for sure but I think the ‘chance’ meetings (people like Jason and Stephen Colletti coming back on the scene AGAIN) were all just made up.

Also I don’t know if anyone noticed or remembers but when Stephanie Pratt first goes up to Lauren and Audrina in the club shouting at them for bullying Heidi she’s got Roxy with her, who I’m 99% sure then went onto be a Whitney’s pal in The City?! So clearly an actress or a stooge hahaha

Yeh its been discussed briefly in tbe selling sunset thread, roxy girl was an actress, she appeared in a few tv shows.

i still love the hills, even if it is all fake. Though i remember one show they said some stuff was real and they were told what to discuss or they had to re-do scenes if the camera crew didn’t manage to catch it

The job in Paris was fake 😭😭😭

I'm a bit sad to hear this only because that line about Lauren being "the girl who didn't go to Paris" is so iconic even now. When I think of LC I think of Paris lol. I listened to a podcast where the host re-watched the episodes of Laguna Beach and the Hills and basically gave more background information. It was interesting. She also kept referring to LC as "The Queen of Kohls" which is a department store here in the USA. I'm not sure what you would compare it to in the UK. I only go in there to see what her brand is selling and she does have some cute stuff.

I can recommend Lauren's books that are based on The Hills - called LA Candy and I think there might be 3 of them

• Heart
Oh I love this thread !!! I must have rewatched the hills ten times. Has anyone watched the new series ? Not a patch on the old of course but i still watched it. Did anyone watch Cavalli spin off show i got so fed up with it after the first series i gave up !

The shop uncommon james just sells a load of tat from china ! Would live the gossip on why her and the hubby broke up and if he really did carry on with Kelly!!

I can recommend Lauren's books that are based on The Hills - called LA Candy and I think there might be 3 of them
OMG I forgot about these!! I had them all hahah they were so aesthetically pleasing too like they went well back in the day of all white Ikea furniture when everyone stored their Real Technique makeup brushes in those Ikea flower pots 😂😂😂

• Haha