The Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker- Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yip. Enjoyed. I had no idea who he was apart from the smash smash smash video.
I've mixed feelings about him.

Reactions: 1
I'd never heard of him or his viral video. I still think the rape could be plausible, wouldn't be the first straight man to viciously attack a gay guy due to sexual assault (or self disgust). But going back a second time does make me question it.

For me what I found interesting is all the 'talking heads' thinking they are there to tell their experiences but actually ending up making themselves look awful and opportunistic. It was more of a commentary on modern media and social media really

Reactions: 3
I watched it - I had no idea who he was but you could you could tell it wasn’t going to end well. He was so unstable and volatile! No one will ever know what actually happened but for some reason he killed that guy - maybe he thought because he’d lived outside the law for so long he could get away with it.

Reactions: 4
Watched it at the weekend - had no idea who he was or the viral video of him going smash smash smash! As said above, why would you go back to a house where someone has already raped you?

Amazed he got a 57 year sentence - shame we don't have these kind of sentencing in the UK!

Reactions: 5
Our sentences are a joke aren't they?
The mums interpretation of what went on was enlightening, but the cousin said the windows in the bedroom were blacked out, seems excessive.
He said he'd given the man he assaulted a spliff laced with something and that may have led to his behaviour. I'm glad he's in jail, I think he could have continued killing and hurting people. You get put off with the yeah dude, peace man, surfer dude routine.

What I posted in the watching thread -

I imagine he will have committed a string of violent offenses across the country prior to the hatchet incident. I don't get what anyone ever saw in him, he clearly was not a nice guy. Does show how people lap things up though I guess, and it was a time when that kind of social media mania was just starting to take off.

I remember when smash! went viral.

Two things can be true at once: Kai was a dangerous and mentally ill individual + also suffered terrible ab*se as a child (hence the mental illness) and was r*ped by that man.

As for going back to that man's house, well he fed him and gave him somewhere warm to stay at night, so it's not surprising. No one questions the motives when a woman goes back to her attacker. I absolutely believe that man took advantage of him in which case nothing of value has been lost with his death, and if Kai gets some stability, treatment and care in prison then that's good too.

Legit question, do woman go back to rapists/attackers if they are strangers they just met? Can't say I've heard of that, that i can remember anyway. Going back to men they love and have a relationship I have, but not a stranger

I think he used men for food and a place to stay and they possibly wanted something in return. I think he's impulsive with a warped sense of right and wrong, if he views a person's actions as wrong he thinks he has the right to stop them by any means.
There's some sort of saviour complex, stealing to feed the homeless etc. Hates authority, power, rules. Perhaps he returned to this man's home because he felt he was going to hurt or take advantage of someone else and decided to stop him. That's my take on him anyway, I think if he wasn't apprehended he may have gone on a crusade finding people like that and killing them.
There were no signs of disturbance or struggle that man didn't know what hit him.

I definitely think he was raped but equally that Kai is a traumatised person and while he should be doing time for murder I think 57 years is excessive.

Reactions: 2
I couldn't watch to the end, ended up googling what happened. The people who were trying to make money off of him at the beginning were just the worst, that woman who wanted to make him into a reality star!

Reactions: 2