The Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe because it’s a BBC show there’s a learning remit that has to be met. Or something.

I don’t think these sewers are as strong as other series. Love Joe though. Patrick and Esme are obviously set up as good cop bad cop which is old and unnecessary.

Reactions: 1
I love this programme, wish I could sew like some of them, my favourites Liz I just like how different she is not a girlie girl can see her being more rock or punk like

Don’t like Claire she doesn’t talk,seems like looks down on everyone doesn’t even acknowledge a thank you sometimes
Theres loads of gay women who look like Liz. I had to look again when I first saw this because I thought she was someone I used to know.

I didn't agree with who went last night either.
Same, I was shocked. The one who left definitely has more potential and has made some stunning garments (I think the one it should have been has made some really messy sewing misakes in the past?) Nothing against them they've made some amazing stuff but not everything needs o rings. I would definitely actually wear the clothes the one who went made 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I find the time limits frustrating for the contestants. I know there needs to be a limit for filming purposes, but for 3 out of 4 contestants to not finish the Marilyn dresses this week just shows the time scale wasn't enough

Reactions: 6
Me neither! Thought it should have been Matt.
Matt must have some dirt on someone as his final garment has been weak for the past few weeks imo - he should've gone when he messed up his gold 80s dress.
I hope Nicole wins - I like her very much. I find Clare quite smug.

• Heart
I would like Nicole to win - I find Clare humourless and very cold. She also never says "thank you" when someone says well done or when she gets top spot. That said, I think she's the best sewer technically although I'm not a fan of her designs. I thought Nicole's made to measure dress this week was gorgeous.

Reactions: 2
The design was lush but she fucked it which why I was a bit baffled by the evictee. Patrick and Esmee actively stopped her making an error in the Marilyn challenge - she has been ushered to the final I reckon.

I think Claire is edited to appear sharp and school marm-ish. You can’t possibly go for for that level of retro emersion and not have the requisite British manners that go with it all.

The design was lush but she fucked it which why I was a bit baffled by the evictee. Patrick and Esmee actively stopped her making an error in the Marilyn challenge - she has been ushered to the final I reckon.

I think Claire is edited to appear sharp and school marm-ish. You can’t possibly go for for that level of retro emersion and not have the requisite British manners that go with it all.
I agree with both points. Clare herself said her style is 'Young Miss Marple', they've made it so.

Reactions: 2
Nicole’s been getting a right kicking within the sewing community - unfairly in my opinion. She’s definitely the most creative of the finalists and has a steely core with how she manages to come up trumps after doing badly in earlier rounds

Nicole’s been getting a right kicking within the sewing community - unfairly in my opinion. She’s definitely the most creative of the finalists and has a steely core with how she manages to come up trumps after doing badly in earlier rounds
Ooo what's being said?

To those of you that sew, do you think some of the time frames are unfair? On Sewing Bee and Bake Off etc when they criticise them because things aren't perfect I think "That's because you rushed them!" I'm sure none of them sit down to sew a blouse and think "Right I'm going to do this in 90 minutes!"
Yes! Also they don't cut their fabric out with the care because there is no time to fiddle around placing pattern pieces (and they can use as much as they want) so there is a lot of waste.

Late to the party, but don’t understand how the best made to measure was sent home? Bizarre.

Anyone watching?
Quick question: why has Patrick got stubble AND a moustache? Why not either stubble or the ‘tache? It really bugs me!

Anyone watching?
Quick question: why has Patrick got stubble AND a moustache? Why not either stubble or the ‘tache? It really bugs me!
😂 so true. He’s a mess! I posted in this thread the other week how he irritates me but I seemed to be in the minority haha