The Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think at the moment (unless someone really pulls something out of the bag!) Nicole really deserves to win.

Reactions: 2
I still don’t like Claire there’s something off about her I don’t particularly like her attitude. She comes across as the school goody goody who’s secretly happy when other people mess up 😂
For pure consistency alone I think Nicole deserves to win.
Oh yes I second that. There's been a few times where she's copied others fabric choice, either the exact fabric used or a similar one. 🧐

Loving it, I'm a born again sewer.......though knitting is still my first love........totally agree with the Claire comments, she gets on my pip.

Reactions: 1
I love GBSB! Do a lot of sewing myself although nowhere near to that standard and can't imagine what it's like sewing under that much pressure.

Agree with what everyone's said about Clare, I find her really irritating and lacking in imagination beyond her niche.

Nicole to win!!!

To those of you that sew, do you think some of the time frames are unfair? On Sewing Bee and Bake Off etc when they criticise them because things aren't perfect I think "That's because you rushed them!" I'm sure none of them sit down to sew a blouse and think "Right I'm going to do this in 90 minutes!"

To those of you that sew, do you think some of the time frames are unfair? On Sewing Bee and Bake Off etc when they criticise them because things aren't perfect I think "That's because you rushed them!" I'm sure none of them sit down to sew a blouse and think "Right I'm going to do this in 90 minutes!"
Totally! It's amazing what they do achieve. It usually takes me 90 mins to cut the pattern paper then fabric out let alone sew it together. Also whenever I do rush things I always make loads of mistakes.

I love this programme, wish I could sew like some of them, my favourites Liz I just like how different she is not a girlie girl can see her being more rock or punk like

Don’t like Claire she doesn’t talk,seems like looks down on everyone doesn’t even acknowledge a thank you sometimes

Reactions: 5
:D That's why I could never do this show, to me sewing is as much about making the item as it is doing something relaxing for a bit (until my sewing machine decides to start playing up and I start swearing like a sailor).

Am I the only one that likes Clare? I'd be happy for either her or Liz to win.

I like Nicole. Clare, I like her style, but I think she is used to being the best at everything. Hmm..😒

I think the vintage girl with the glasses will win even tho as yous have said there is something about her, never liked her. Think she is claire

It all seemed strangely flat tonight. I got up to make a drink half way through, fed the cat, etc. Not gripped at all.

I think Clare will win now unless next week is totally out of her comfort zone. Her transformation yesterday was fab but other than that she just doesn’t seem at all creative or interesting like the other two.

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure why that woman dresses like something from war time but its not a good look.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yes the one that went going was odd. The flapper dress was immaculate.

I wonder if Claire dresses as a land girl when she’s being a Dr (she is a doctor right)?

I love love love Esme’s style.

Last edited:
It's just not doing it for me Im afraid. And im interested in sewing. the 1940s one reminds me of the class swot, she's a Respiratory consultant, obviously good at whatever she turns her hand to, so that pissed me off for starters! Is it not enough that she's a flippin doctor, does she have to be good at sewing as well?!! Patrick is boring me, I find Esme a bit mean. And Im not a fan of Joe Lycett, really irritates me when he makes the gay man jokes, eg about a flap at the back of some outfit for easy access. No one else there is making sexual jokes, it's so tired. they need to change the format, the part where they have to all rush over to grab the best fabric for a task makes me cringe. I like Liz and Hazel and Nicole. Oh, also while im on a moan 😂 the bit where they do a bit about the history of whatever they're making bores me rigid. to be fair, I didntenjoy the history of shortbread bits on the Bake Off either.

Reactions: 3
It's just not doing it for me Im afraid. And im interested in sewing. the 1940s one reminds me of the class swot, she's a Respiratory consultant, obviously good at whatever she turns her hand to, so that pissed me off for starters! Is it not enough that she's a flippin doctor, does she have to be good at sewing as well?!! Patrick is boring me, I find Esme a bit mean. And Im not a fan of Joe Lycett, really irritates me when he makes the gay man jokes, eg about a flap at the back of some outfit for easy access. No one else there is making sexual jokes, it's so tired. they need to change the format, the part where they have to all rush over to grab the best fabric for a task makes me cringe. I like Liz and Hazel and Nicole. Oh, also while im on a moan 😂 the bit where they do a bit about the history of whatever they're making bores me rigid. to be fair, I didntenjoy the history of shortbread bits on the Bake Off either.
Oh I love Joe Lycett 😂

Hate the history bits too, I just wanna see someone sew a sleeve on back to front 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4