The Depression Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sending positive thoughts to everyone struggling today. Just remember its one day! Think about something nice at the end of the tunnel if it helps.

For me that will be tonight once my pjs are on and im back in my own house šŸ˜‚

This year's been awful for me but thankfully im in a position (albeit medicated) to recognise how hard its been and give myself a pat on the back for being here today! Things change, dont give up the best is coming I promise
Donā€™t ā€œapologiseā€ for being medicated, if you needed medicine for anything other than mental health it would be totally normal
I was awake from yesterday morning til 2pm today. Got 4h sleep. Ate a ready meal. Now playing animal crossing. It's hard to imagine that I once enjoyed festivities.
just do what feel best for you. the pressure to comply with what is expected at this time of year is not helpful for anyoneā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Feeling really fed up, and upset, I miss my little dog, didn't think he wouldn't be with me now, I've no one to talk about how I feel, I'm used to that, but sometimes it's hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My kid slept three hours so itā€™s been a slog but thank duck itā€™s over; I hope she calms down into sleeping a little more now.. sheā€™s never been great but Christmas excitement has made it almost unbearable.. sleep deprivation, sensory meltdowns urgh not fun.

stayed away from alcohol as I know Iā€™d be walking to the nearest bridge if I went down that route. Iā€™m glad I got through it today, I cooked dinner I cleaned up.. I had a shower. I feel like Iā€™ve achieved more than Ithought
Opening gifts made me feel worse, how ungrateful do I sound? There was just no thought behind anything, god I sound awful donā€™t I.. it just exacerbated that stupid voice in my head - youā€™re not worthy bla bla.
Then for feeling that way I just thought next year I am not buying extended family and friends anything but donating to charity and Iā€™ll ask of them not to buy anything for me either. That way that ungrateful niggling voice can be gone.
Hope everyone else got through today xxx

• Heart
I try to look at Christmas for what it is. Just a day society and itā€™s made up rules forces us to take part of ā¤
It is just silly, all made up bull.
Take care all! You made it through!

• Heart
I tried to keep away from social media but I had a little look. A close family member went away for Christmas and itā€™s been so miserable for them, they did something stupid and nobody spoke to them (not out family) for the most part but of course on social media it was the best Christmas! Itā€™s all fake - donā€™t believe the photos everyone posts about their happy, magical days because itā€™s mostly bollocks šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 8
my anxiety's really done a number on me today. I cannot stop thinking, my skin is crawling and it's exhausting me

l I just want to enjoy life without having all this tit in my head, is that really too much to ask?

• Heart
Hope everyone is beginning to unwind a little from the stress of expectation. Itā€™s not an easy time of year but we are out the other end and can pat ourselves on the back.

@Maid22 Im so sorry about your dog. I lost my cat in October and found the Facebook page Ralph Site Pet Loss very helpful. You are able to connect with others who are grieving their beloved pets.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've been wandering around this draughty old house like Miss Havisham. Sometimes a good old fashioned cup of tea and a natter with a friend is better than therapy. I invite you all to an imaginary cuppa and cake this afternoon at 3 pm. Let's keep it weird! Sending lots and lots xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Really glad I've found this thread as I was considering starting something similar. I'm struggling, more than usual and it's probably my own fault. I'm on sertraline but last month I felt so so low and stopped taking my tablets (duck knows why), the longer it went on for the harder it felt to go back to taking them. Christmas I just felt so unhappy, I had to force the joy/smiles for my children then cried in my room later. I used to love Christmas but these days I really struggle to find joy in things and then I feel like a terrible person/mum. Every day I tell myself my kids deserve better. My daughter also struggles with her mental health, she's attempted suicide twice and she's been particularly bad as she split from her abusive ex. She says she can't live without him and I'm so worried for her, I constantly feel like I'll fail her, I need to get better to help her. The situation is the exact same as my sister and I'm terrified I'll wake up one day and she too will have ended the pain permanently. I really am rambling now, just feel I have no one in real life to talk to and dumping my thoughts on an anonymous forum helps a little.
Sending love to all ā¤

• Heart
Really glad I've found this thread as I was considering starting something similar. I'm struggling, more than usual and it's probably my own fault. I'm on sertraline but last month I felt so so low and stopped taking my tablets (duck knows why), the longer it went on for the harder it felt to go back to taking them. Christmas I just felt so unhappy, I had to force the joy/smiles for my children then cried in my room later. I used to love Christmas but these days I really struggle to find joy in things and then I feel like a terrible person/mum. Every day I tell myself my kids deserve better. My daughter also struggles with her mental health, she's attempted suicide twice and she's been particularly bad as she split from her abusive ex. She says she can't live without him and I'm so worried for her, I constantly feel like I'll fail her, I need to get better to help her. The situation is the exact same as my sister and I'm terrified I'll wake up one day and she too will have ended the pain permanently. I really am rambling now, just feel I have no one in real life to talk to and dumping my thoughts on an anonymous forum helps a little.
Sending love to all ā¤
Sorry you feel like crapā¤ I stopped medicine by myself once but it got worse real fast. Have you started taking them again? I mean you do have meds for a reason, it helps making life a bit easier ā¤

• Heart
Sorry you feel like crapā¤ I stopped medicine by myself once but it got worse real fast. Have you started taking them again? I mean you do have meds for a reason, it helps making life a bit easier ā¤
Yeah i started only yesterday on a low dose, hoping to speak to my GP tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have been taking 50mg of sertraline for a few months after my anxiety got worse following a breakup. We were on/ off and now we have finally broke up for the last time and I feel like I want to die. I feel so bad for feeling like this because Iā€™m usually such a happy person. I wouldnā€™t do it because I love my family too much but I really would rather not be here.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sending love to all ā¤
Iā€™m so sorry you feel this way. Thatā€™s such a difficult situation to be in, especially considering the background with your sister. I really hope things get better for you and your daughter šŸ’— Iā€™m also glad you started taking meds again, please make sure you donā€™t quit cold turkey and talk to your doctor first
I have been taking 50mg of sertraline for a few months after my anxiety got worse following a breakup. We were on/ off and now we have finally broke up for the last time and I feel like I want to die. I feel so bad for feeling like this because Iā€™m usually such a happy person. I wouldnā€™t do it because I love my family too much but I really would rather not be here.
Oh thatā€™s so tough. I went through something similar this year, it almost broke me but now I donā€™t even want to look at him and his pictures make me cringe. I know it might seem impossible now, but you will get over your ex one day and never look back. Sending you a hug ā¤

How is everybody else doing? Hope youā€™ve all been able to get some rest and quality me time.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My GP upped me to 150mg of Sertraline and I was still taking it in the morning. I was asleep by 7pm most evenings and awake from 1am. Ended up making the decision to switch to taking them at night. I keep having very light sleep. I miss my deep sleeping like the dead sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah i started only yesterday on a low dose, hoping to speak to my GP tomorrow.
šŸŒŗ I got lots of anxiety starting with my meds. Brand similar to your meds. It could be that you feel worse for a few days now when you start taking Sertraline again.

Iā€™m 20 and have been struggling with constantly feeling sad since I was around 13. I used to use sh as a release but have managed to stay sober for nearly 9 months now. However I still feel really bad sometimes and struggling to find other ways of coping. My parents found out about it when I was 17 and I went to 2 counselling sessions before stopping because my dad kept shouting at me after for not tell him what Iā€™d talked about. Our relationship is a lot better now and Iā€™ve had the best Christmas and birthday in years. However things he said, and other incidents that caused me to feel down still play on my mind and keep me up at night. Sometimes Iā€™ll just be sitting having a nice evening with my family and Iā€™ll find my mind wondering to things I did and how they reacted. I do wish I could talk to someone but am unsure about how to do so. I still live at home and am a student so rarely leave my house unless itā€™s for university.

• Heart
My GP upped me to 150mg of Sertraline and I was still taking it in the morning. I was asleep by 7pm most evenings and awake from 1am. Ended up making the decision to switch to taking them at night. I keep having very light sleep. I miss my deep sleeping like the dead sleep.
I also started taking mine at night. Did make me feel anxious taking it in the morning.

Hi! New here, I have a wonderful elderly relative who is physically very fit but suffers from depression, but I have noticed they are going back to bed soon after they wake up (I go to give them breakfast and make sure they take their tablets now). Can any of you give me any advice on how to encourage them not to go back to bed, I suggest the radio or reading a book, but I feel out of my depth in what I can suggest/what may help. They lost their partner 7 years ago and know they are drinking alcohol more, and earlier in the day. I feel so helpless and they are so amazing I hate seeing them like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.