The Depression Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else really struggling this festive season. My chest feels so tight, I can’t stand the thought of seeing family tomorrow, it’s just all a bit much.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Anyone else really struggling this festive season. My chest feels so tight, I can’t stand the thought of seeing family tomorrow, it’s just all a bit much.
Same, same. I’ve been crying on and off for the the last few days. Hope you’re ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am not even doing a Christmas dinner don’t have the want or energy. Hoping a local takeaway will be open. I know it’s only one day but it makes me terribly depressed thinking back to happier times when Christmas was fun and enjoyable. A lot has changed in my family and also my mental health and it will never be the same as it was. Sending love to all of you struggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m sorry to everyone struggling. It’s a very hard time of year. I borrowed this from another thread but thought I’d post here as these threads may go quiet over the next few days and you may not get a reply if you’re reaching out for help…

If you need to talk to someone if you are in a bad place you can call the Samaritans on 116 123. They are amazing people and they are open 24/7.
You can also text ‘shout’ to 85258 and they will chat to you over text
❤❤❤

• Heart
Sending massive love. Me, my husband and dog are not having a Xmas dinner or seeing either of our toxic families for the first time. No gifts. We've bought a few nice food bits, we've been able to afford gas so we are warm and that will have to do. I think forcing yourself into the spirit can be detrimental so this year we decided to accept we weren't in the spirit after a hard year.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve never felt less festive in my life.
Then I feel guilty, because I just can’t be bothered and I can’t even fake it for the sake of my kids (9&12).

Very much cannot be bothered with life.
I see these people posting online how amazing it is being with their family and friends, I’ve never felt so alone yet have my own small family. I can’t explain it. Anyway. Shout out to those struggling x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sending positive thoughts to everyone struggling today. Just remember its one day! Think about something nice at the end of the tunnel if it helps.

For me that will be tonight once my pjs are on and im back in my own house 😂

This year's been awful for me but thankfully im in a position (albeit medicated) to recognise how hard its been and give myself a pat on the back for being here today! Things change, dont give up the best is coming I promise

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I usually find holidays distracting but not this year, and I understand why some find them a hard time to get through. Be kind to yourself, Christmas will be over before you know it!

Sending love to everyone 💕

• Heart
I hope everyone has an okay day. I don’t know what to do with myself. I’m so anxious and sad. Cant concentrate on any tv. I’m just willing the day to finish. Might go for a walk later

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Didnt enjoy being forced to celebrate at all.
Just want my bed and some junk food

• Heart
Reactions: 9
hope everyone on this thread is doing ok today. hope you've got some self-care lined up if you need it. look after yourself

it can really suck, I know, but it's nearly over

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am so relieved it's over, it's been hard work trying to keep myself together, but it's done.
Hope everyone else on here are ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My MH on the whole today hasn’t been too bad, but I’ve forced myself to keep busy by cooking/cleaning/being the glorified taxi driver 😂 I’m starting to wind down and the thoughts are creeping in but going to use some of my lovely new toiletries I’ve got and have a pamper bath before bed ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was awake from yesterday morning til 2pm today. Got 4h sleep. Ate a ready meal. Now playing animal crossing. It's hard to imagine that I once enjoyed festivities.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I was awake from yesterday morning til 2pm today. Got 4h sleep. Ate a ready meal. Now playing animal crossing. It's hard to imagine that I once enjoyed festivities.
Your last sentence is exactly how I feel. Seems like a lifetime ago that it was a happy time. It’s nearly over now tomorrow is a new day ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.