The Depression Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That really sucks, I’m so sorry. I’m in the same boat. I will be a total hypocrite and tell you to please phone the doctor though, seriously.
I just felt like mine weren’t working and making me even more tired, but it’s so dumb I know, and I have to take my own advice and ask for help, again. I really hope you do the same ❤
Yeah I just cba sometimes and then get withdrawals. I need something for my anxiety

Reactions: 1
I have a doctors appointment next week but before I sound like a raging alcoholic to them. Can i drink at all with 50mg sertraline? And also the grapefruit thing... what about gin distilled with grapefruit? Most citrus gins are made this way.

I normally only have 1 or 2 gins per week but I am going out with friends in a couple of weeks and im terrified i wont be able to drink. Reason I am terrified is most of my depression is due to ongoing infertility issues so me not drinking on a night out, they will all be asking if I am... 🙄 so at least 1 gin in hand should keep them off my back

I have a doctors appointment next week but before I sound like a raging alcoholic to them. Can i drink at all with 50mg sertraline? And also the grapefruit thing... what about gin distilled with grapefruit? Most citrus gins are made this way.

I normally only have 1 or 2 gins per week but I am going out with friends in a couple of weeks and im terrified i wont be able to drink. Reason I am terrified is most of my depression is due to ongoing infertility issues so me not drinking on a night out, they will all be asking if I am... 🙄 so at least 1 gin in hand should keep them off my back
Don’t worry, drinking a little isn’t a big deal. The reason thry say don’t is because it has a depressive effect and I believe it can cause nausea with sertraline. Grapefruit of all kinds needs to be avoided if it is contra-indicated because it interferes with proteins in the small intestine and the liver that normally break down most medications, leading to higher levels of them in your blood and potentially greater side effects.

• Wow
Don’t worry, drinking a little isn’t a big deal. The reason thry say don’t is because it has a depressive effect and I believe it can cause nausea with sertraline. Grapefruit of all kinds needs to be avoided if it is contra-indicated because it interferes with proteins in the small intestine and the liver that normally break down most medications, leading to higher levels of them in your blood and potentially greater side effects.
So no gin? (Grapefruit based) not even a little bit? 😂🙈 only thing i have about me

I just haven't slept much in 2 days and I've just hit a wall. I just end up arguing with my own brain when it comes to trying to sleep
I’m so sorry, Penguin ! I know it is difficult, but try to get some sleep, at least a couple of hours, it’s so important for your body. Have you tried falling asleep to the sound of TV/music? I do this sometimes when I don’t want to focus on my own thoughts too much .

I’m on fluoxetine not sertraline, but I am in the same boat as you, haven’t taken my meds for a couple of days and I know how it feels. You are not alone, we are always here to listen to you and support you 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I just haven't slept much in 2 days and I've just hit a wall. I just end up arguing with my own brain when it comes to trying to sleep
Sucks. Sleep deprivation fucks your whole system. A few things I fo, turn on amesitation video
I’m so sorry, Penguin ! I know it is difficult, but try to get some sleep, at least a couple of hours, it’s so important for your body. Have you tried falling asleep to the sound of TV/music? I do this sometimes when I don’t want to focus on my own thoughts too much .

I’m on fluoxetine not sertraline, but I am in the same boat as you, haven’t taken my meds for a couple of days and I know how it feels. You are not alone, we are always here to listen to you and support you 💖
Why are you guys not taking your meds? If you’re going through withdrawal you’ll feel rough.

Reactions: 3

Yeah I tend to use tv to fall asleep. I cant deal with silence. Yeah i need to get back on my meds this weekend. Also avoiding doctors because I never know how to explain myself

Thank you 💚

Sucks. Sleep deprivation fucks your whole system. A few things I fo, turn on amesitation video

Why are you guys not taking your meds? If you’re going through withdrawal you’ll feel rough.
I forgot to refill my days of the weeks pill pots last week and just haven't got round to it still

I ran out of mine and you can only buy them from a certain place here. I got caught up in some work/family drama and did not have time to go and buy a new pack. I’m back on it now, but I missed one day and it still made a difference.

• Heart
I ran out of mine and you can only buy them from a certain place here. I got caught up in some work/family drama and did not have time to go and buy a new pack. I’m back on it now, but I missed one day and it still made a difference.
Ah ok. Please try and keep topped up. The consistency is so important for managing your symptoms. ❤

Yeah I tend to use tv to fall asleep. I cant deal with silence. Yeah i need to get back on my meds this weekend. Also avoiding doctors because I never know how to explain myself

Thank you 💚

I forgot to refill my days of the weeks pill pots last week and just haven't got round to it still
Insomnia is one of the biggest withdrawal symptoms. What are you struggling to explain? Do they make you discuss every time you need more pills? I’ve managed to convince mine to give me two months worth and I can get my repeat after week 6, to ensure I always have a supply. But it took some convincing at first because they said I was a suicide risk. Until I sarcastically informed him that pills were not my method of choice! I work in healthcare and am very fastidious about taking my meds because I know how important consistency is, especially with depression and PTSD. It needs managing every day. Other things I do are a hot bath before bed and I use a rain sounds video with a black screen on my laptop to help me get to sleep. YouTube has loads of different videos for sleeping that aren’t interrupted with ads. You could also try going for a walk, the fresh air will tire you out. ❤

Last edited:
Ah ok. Please try and keep topped up. The consistency is so important for managing your symptoms. ❤

Insomnia is one of the biggest withdrawal symptoms. What are you struggling to explain? Do they make you discuss every time you need more pills? I’ve managed to convince mine to give me two months worth and I can get my repeat after week 6, to ensure I always have a supply. But it took some convincing at first because they said I was a suicide risk. Until I sarcastically informed him that pills were not my method of choice! I work in healthcare and am very fastidious about taking my meds because I know how important consistency is, especially with depression and PTSD. It needs managing every day. Other things I do are a hot bath before bed and I use a rain sounds video with a black screen on my laptop to help me get to sleep. YouTube has loads of different videos for sleeping that aren’t interrupted with ads. You could also try going for a walk, the fresh air will tire you out. ❤
I have brain issues and get alot of brain fog so sometimes I just forget whether I've taken them. I get a couple or months worth at a time but the box they're in stays downstairs because I have previously tried to overdose so don't need the temptation in my bedroom.

Just put a fresh box into my handbag to take upstairs to refill

@Professor Farnsworth all refilled

20210701_184349.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Everything is so bleeping tit right now. I do not want to exist anymore. I’m so bleeping pissed off that because I was born 30 years ago I now have to live through this absolute slog of a life full of absolute cunts and annoying things that happen. I can’t even kill myself because that would traumatise my kids and hurt people close to me. I just see no way of me ever getting to the point where I feel happy and content in life. Never, it’s always going to be hard, there’s always going to be tit coming my way and I’m always going to be depressed and anxious so duck it. is It even worth it? Seems like you only get to actually enjoy your life if you are rich which I’ll never be.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Everything is so bleeping tit right now. I do not want to exist anymore. I’m so bleeping pissed off that because I was born 30 years ago I now have to live through this absolute slog of a life full of absolute cunts and annoying things that happen. I can’t even kill myself because that would traumatise my kids and hurt people close to me. I just see no way of me ever getting to the point where I feel happy and content in life. Never, it’s always going to be hard, there’s always going to be tit coming my way and I’m always going to be depressed and anxious so duck it. is It even worth it? Seems like you only get to actually enjoy your life if you are rich which I’ll never be.
I’m really sorry you feel this way. There was a time in my life where I could have written a very similar post myself, but I’m in a slightly better place right now. I just want you to know that your feelings matter, I care about you and I’m here to listen to you if you need somebody. Sending you hugs! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How is everyone today? I’m feeling a lot lighter than Weds and looking forward to a chilled night and lie in tomorrow (although no doubt I’ll be awake at 7 because I don’t have to be!). I have linch with my mum on Sunday, which is always tough depending on whether she’s decided to be filtered or not! Hopefully I won’t get the annoying side haha!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How is everyone today? I’m feeling a lot lighter than Weds and looking forward to a chilled night and lie in tomorrow (although no doubt I’ll be awake at 7 because I don’t have to be!). I have linch with my mum on Sunday, which is always tough depending on whether she’s decided to be filtered or not! Hopefully I won’t get the annoying side haha!
I actually slept about 2am until 8am. Took my sertraline and accidentally fell asleep again until 1.30pm. Oops

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.