The Dalai Lama asked a child to ‘suck my tongue’

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I have been so annoyed to see how this has been minimised by a load of people, desperate to find an excuse for this behaviour, where there in no excuse.

I wonder how the victim, a boy is feeling in all this?

It is my belief that high-profile and admired people in many walks of life have an intense duality to their characters which is only exposed later. Or indeed, after it’s too late.

Whilst the media tries to dismiss what happened here, there will continue to be vulnerable victims of powerful adult (usually male) predators.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I can’t believe how the media have tried to spin this as somewhat innocent and tried to bury it, it was a joke apparently because he jokes around 🫠

But if it was a male celebrity that said it they’d be ALL OVER IT 😂😂😂

Reactions: 24
I agree, I’ve seen people making all kinds of excuses - dementia for one(!) if an 87 year old guy at the bus stop asked to suck somebody’s child’s tongue there is no way that anyone would be making excuses! It’s sickening.

The most obvious explanation is usually the correct one.

Reactions: 23
Were people minimising it? Who? Buddhists? Because everything I’ve seen people were disgusted by it!

I’m just shocked how little has been said about it when they can usually get weeks out of an incident like this with a normal “celebrity” that isn’t a religious/spiritual hippy dippy bouncy castle church goer type.
---
Were people minimising it? Who? Buddhists? Because everything I’ve seen people were disgusted by it!
BBC news presenter almost excused it, same on Irish media.

Reactions: 12
I’m just shocked how little has been said about it when they can usually get weeks out of an incident like this with a normal “celebrity” that isn’t a religious/spiritual hippy dippy bouncy castle church goer type.
---

BBC news presenter almost excused it, same on Irish media.
Not familiar with Irish media but I’m actually not surprised to hear that the BBC excused it, I imagine channel 4 would do similar.

I wish people would stop treating religious figures as revered and special. They are human beings in a job at the end of the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I saw him speak in Glasgow coming up for 20 years ago and his behaviour set alarm bells for me then. Lots of people fawning over him so I didn't feel I could say anything but he came over as very handsy and slightly inappropriate.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
His actions disgusted sickened me.
The media response disgusted me, it should be questioning for longer why he thought it was OK, why his people/adults went along with his behaviour laughing it. It was very clear that the boy was shocked and uneasy at DL behaviour.
Power imbalance is not jokey. Asking a child or non consenting adult to suck your tongue is not jokey.
People trying to say it could be inappropriateness from dementia, well if it is then he needs to be kept away to protect others (and himself)

i feel so sorry for the boy, I hope he's not getting grief from anyone including his peers for making global news about this.

(I always give the DL the side eye - he loves the celebrity worship too much)

Reactions: 17
I saw him speak in Glasgow coming up for 20 years ago and his behaviour set alarm bells for me then. Lots of people fawning over him so I didn't feel I could say anything but he came over as very handsy and slightly inappropriate.
Really? What was he doing?

Reactions: 1
When he was meeting people, holding on to them a bit too long. Being giggly, which I always find slightly off in grown men. It was a long time ago so no specifics really, I just remember that "ugh, avoid" feeling.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
When he was meeting people, holding on to them a bit too long. Being giggly, which I always find slightly off in grown men. It was a long time ago so no specifics really, I just remember that "ugh, avoid" feeling.
If you have the feeling, it's your gut telling you what ain't right, follow it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
All these types are the same…
not just the Catholics who we know are a bunch of………

Reactions: 15
Loads of Tibetan Buddhists trying to defend his behaviour by guilt tripping how hurt their feelings are for this portrayal of their spiritual leader. Claiming it was lost in translation, the parents and kid consented, the video was edited, the Chinese are behind it and the final one, it's an ancient Tibetan tradition to stick your tongue out and the old man didn't really want the kid to suck his tongue, it was just his playful nature.

I mean talk about defending sexual abuse with a lot of BS excuses. They just don't want to face the facts their leader is not superhuman or God but a flawed old man who let his mask slip.

Reactions: 13
A few years ago now, think it was sue Perkins in the ganji met him. Can't remember why now but I found his demeanor strange.

Reactions: 6
Until this news story I never knew sucking a tongue was a thing, let alone something you joke about with a child. He’s clearly a pervert/ peeedo. There should be NO excusing this behaviour. This will be the tip of the iceberg too, I bet he’s been protected for years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
He’s got a lot of involvement with children’s charities, he’s great friends with a local guy that does a lot for those charities , he’s a regular visitor here. I’ve never heard anything untoward about him there’s even a mural dedicated to him , the tongue sucking is weird though I know he’s a very touchy ,feely person but have never seen him do that before ,would be interesting to know if it’s actually a thing where he comes from, it’s certainly not here 🤢

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I think it's weird people are explaining it away as a cultural thing.

Sticking your tongue out at people is respectful in Tibetian culture because an evil folklore figure had a black tongue = OK. Not heard of that one, but OK.

But asking a child to suck your tongue is the bleeping weird and unacceptable part... don't play dumb.

Reactions: 18
DL also tickled lady gagas knee once. I think he tries his luck for his own thrills and that’s him done. Definitely not right though asking a child to such his tongue. His many other children will see that and think it’s ok. And diseases you don’t know whose carrying what doesn’t the DL fear oral herpes 🤮

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Proper gutted about this one! I’m glad it’s all coming out that anyone with a bit of influence or power is a total perv though

So,
Apparently he does things like this to “put people at ease”

right so, pretty sure many in prison used that same line, wonder if it’s ok to ask alter boys this 😑

• Sick