The Daily Mail

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's been a guilty pleasure of mine since childhood as both my parents read it.
Some academic research of newspaper reading habits conducted in the 90's suggest personal news paper choices are influenced by parents reading habits. I don't know if it's valid but it was/has been in my case. I also read the Times as they did.
I go straight to comments. Rarely even read the articles.
I've had people call me a fascist or dodgy for reading it. Had arguments about it with freinds. They started them not me. I don't give a tit what other papers people read. Unless it's the Volkischer Beobachter.
It's reductive and juvenile thinking all mail readers are dodgy. Just like any generalisations. It's always lazy thinking.
Tattle owes DM and DM owes Tattle by my reckoning. I found out about here from there tbh. I suspect quite a few have.
I notice where the DM have picked clips out of You Tubers interviews with people, some famous, to blow up into "shocking" headlines, as they are out of context to the whole interview.
A recent one I've noticed, from a long interview with the Pricey, has engendered a lot of articles in the DM. 🙄

Reactions: 1
Alexandra Shulmans tragically out of touch bilge has gone mail plus by the looks of it.
How has she seemingly managed such a successfull writing/journalism career? This has always perplexed me.
Still I'm not the target audience.
I wouldn't want to be either in all fairness.
IIRC some family influence back in the day?
It's the epitome of beige pabulum. You lose IQ points reading it.
Witter.Bleat.Witter.
To quote a John Osbourne line - "The platitude from outer space".

Alexandra Shulmans tragically out of touch bilge has gone mail plus by the looks of it.
How has she seemingly managed such a successfull writing/journalism career? This has always perplexed me.
Still I'm not the target audience.
I wouldn't want to be either in all fairness.
IIRC some family influence back in the day?
It's the epitome of beige pabulum. You lose IQ points reading it.
Witter.Bleat.Witter.
To quote a John Osbourne line - "The platitude from outer space".
Nepotism really, her mum was in the media which is why she got all her jobs 🤭

The Mail should mix it up a bit with their columnists really, guess their target audience like the ones they’ve had for years

Reactions: 2
I'd like to know how many subscribers they've got for the Mail+ . I wonder if it's paying off. I don't subscribe and I don't think I ever will. I can get news anywhere and the articles are never that interesting.

Does anyone here subscribe? What do you get for your money?

Reactions: 2
I'd like to know how many subscribers they've got for the Mail+ . I wonder if it's paying off. I don't subscribe and I don't think I ever will. I can get news anywhere and the articles are never that interesting.

Does anyone here subscribe? What do you get for your money?
Also I’ve said this before but the articles that will get them the most traffic and engagement are often behind mail plus. Think they’re shooting themselves in the foot

I wonder what AS's take on the Ukraine situation is?

"It's all jolly unpleasant but is the down in Putins puffer jacket ethically sourced?"

I don't understand the Mail+ business model as all the exclusive articles appear on the app for free by the next day, if not the same day.

I'm having to stop browsing it for a bit for the sake of my sanity.
I keep thinking about Marie Antoinette and the guillotine every time Im on there now,
I know how Patrick Bateman must have felt when the ATM started talking to him asking for sacrificial offerings,