The Crown - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely loved season 1 and 2 I was obsessed! I’m currently on season 3 and finding it a bit boring now.

Reactions: 3
I am almost finished season 2 and just adore Claire Foy as the queen. I am not looking forward to Olivia Colman being the queen...I have just never taken to her? Of the bits I've seen of her being the queen, it almost feels parody. Alsoooo... Claire has blue eyes and Olivia has brown yet she doesn't wear blue contacts in the show even though Queen Elizabeth has blue eyes. So small but that bothers me.

Reactions: 6
I am almost finished season 2 and just adore Claire Foy as the queen. I am not looking forward to Olivia Colman being the queen...I have just never taken to her? Of the bits I've seen of her being the queen, it almost feels parody. Alsoooo... Claire has blue eyes and Olivia has brown yet she doesn't wear blue contacts in the show even though Queen Elizabeth has blue eyes. So small but that bothers me.
I am so glad I found this thread luv... can't bleeping STAND Olivia Colman, most overrated actress there ever was xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I got half way through the second episode and turned off. I want to love this show so will try again!

I also thought the queens dad died when she was super young... quick google and that was queen victoria 😂

I am so glad I found this thread luv... can't bleeping STAND Olivia Colman, most overrated actress there ever was xx
She plays the same character with the only difference being the change of pitch in her annoying voice.
The most believeable bit of her acting was in the Kev/Bev advert.

• Heart
Im on the fog episode. Its like they predicited this year 😂 useless government masks...

Reactions: 4
I'm still half way through S1, and I must say Claire Foy is outstanding!

Given the consensus for S3 I really am not looking forward to seeing Colman carry on as the Queen - never really rated her much, even though she had a fairly major role in Peep Show (my fave comedy)

Reactions: 5
Just started season 3 and the change of cast is off putting!

I just found this thread and wanted to read without planning to comment since it's kinda between series atm I suppose but I just read through and I'm really surprised that the general consensus on the Michael Fagan episode is that it was a waste of time.

That episode made me cry my eyes out tbh. I'm a northerner, from a city just about as anti-conservatives as there is in the country. I remember a lot of the devastation Thatcher brought, it's shaped my life tbh. My entire family and community was affected dramatically by that era & many have never recovered from it still to this day, or before they died. The Michael Fagan episode really personified that to me - I thought focusing on that one man, his life solely and the completely break down of everything he had and knew rather than trying to make a broader, generalised view of the devastation drove home the point very well. Her policies destroyed, not only half of the country (the Northern half of course) but thousands of people and their communities in the process. I knew many people who were or easily could have been Michael Fagans ...in fact tbh, in much of the North still it's very easy for that fate, or worse still, to find you due to the aftermath of her time as PM; especially so with current economic events. I seriously envy any of you that couldn't empathise with or weren't moved somewhat by that episode.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Late to this but watching The Crown has given me a new found respect for the monarchy. I thought it all was rather pointless yet well meaning before. A few points:

-I can't believe how bloody old most of our politicians used to be.
-Claire Foy was fantastic. An absolute masterclass in acting. Phillip was great too.
-Poor Margaret, they told her story very well.
-I really dislike Olivia Coleman. I think she got confused and thought she was playing Queen Victoria. There was one facial expression and no warmth at all. I'm starting to think she's actually a pretty crap actress. It really seems like the Queen had a personality change as soon as she took over the role. -The Aberfan episode really shocked me.
-HBC is fine as Margaret but, as a previous poster said, it's a gift of a role.

• Heart
I think s4 was better than s3. Probably because of Josh O'Connor and Emma Corrin. I'm looking forward to S5.

I rewatched s1 and 2 for the first time since it aired and now I regret it because s3 doesn't have the same emotion to it at all. Claire made a great Queen, and though I felt that Matt made Philip a lot more icy than he possibly was, the two of them had great chemistry and worked well together. Loved Vanessa as Margaret, I think she portrayed her complexity very well. Also enjoyed every scene with Uncle David, what a whinge he was eh 😂 not a fan of the actress that played the Queen Mother but I think she portrayed the meddling realistically.
In comparison, watching Olivia as the Queen is like watching paint dry, and she has one singular expression throughout. The actor playing Philip is great but he's let down by Olivia's portrayal. S3 was redeemed by Charles and Anne imo, and then Diana in s4.

Reactions: 3
I rewatched s1 and 2 for the first time since it aired and now I regret it because s3 doesn't have the same emotion to it at all. Claire made a great Queen, and though I felt that Matt made Philip a lot more icy than he possibly was, the two of them had great chemistry and worked well together. Loved Vanessa as Margaret, I think she portrayed her complexity very well. Also enjoyed every scene with Uncle David, what a whinge he was eh 😂 not a fan of the actress that played the Queen Mother but I think she portrayed the meddling realistically.
In comparison, watching Olivia as the Queen is like watching paint dry, and she has one singular expression throughout. The actor playing Philip is great but he's let down by Olivia's portrayal. S3 was redeemed by Charles and Anne imo, and then Diana in s4.
I agree. You’d think playing Diana would be an impossible task in this country but she did it perfectly.

I agree. You’d think playing Diana would be an impossible task in this country but she did it perfectly.
I was so so skeptical and she totally proved me wrong. Absolutely loved Emma Corrin. And I actually really like Elizabeth Debicki who is due to play her next but I'm also sad we won't see Emma anymore.