The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie Jarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if Steph and Hanni knew each other previously? Would explain why they appear so tight so fast.....
My fav is Selmar....Love watching him repurpose stuff.....there’s so much intent in all he does and his calm energy is a great balance to the more frenetic types. (plus he’s a great dog dad)

Then mummy .....even though I think I’d be terrified of her in person

Reactions: 5
I think it goes without saying that everyone loves Selmar and Diesel - they are such a great combo. The way he looked out for those four little Ians and kept his camper van door open at night and hardly slept to keep them safe was so lovely.

I also like Ian the builder too - he's a real character.

Antoine makes me smile as he's got a mischievous little twinkle in his eye. I actually like the Elusive Nic too although he doesn't appear much, his paper bag manages to convey a great deal of humour.

I don't think Hanni and Stephanie knew each other previously. I feel that there is a vulnerability about Hanni and that she's a slightly troubled soul underneath that zany, hyperactive exterior and that Stephanie has taken her under her wing a bit. I just hope Hanni doesn't get too attached as everyone seems to want a piece of Stephanie at the moment (and I don't mean in a sexual way although there's probably quite a few who would like to)!

Reactions: 9
I haven’t watched in weeks but I’m going to catch up now so that I can understand what everyone is saying about this Hanni 😬

First 5 minutes and she’s opening her matching dressing gown and pretending she didn’t know Stephanie had one 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't think Hanni and Stephanie knew each other previously. I feel that there is a vulnerability about Hanni and that she's a slightly troubled soul underneath that zany, hyperactive exterior and that Stephanie has taken her under her wing a bit. I just hope Hanni doesn't get too attached as everyone seems to want a piece of Stephanie at the moment (and I don't mean in a sexual way although there's probably quite a few who would like to)!
I think you’ve intuited exactly what is going with Hanni and Stephanie. It’s kind of Stephanie to take under her wing, but Hanni is paying her for the privilege staying at La Lande. Stephanie’s parents were both psychiatric nurses, they may have imparted some of their knowledge on how to help people.

@Lieileen Agree, Stephanie and Natti must have cut Hanni a deal. I figure Hanni must be paying £3000 a month to stay at La Lande. Rates are about £100, a night with the patreon discount.

Diesel is adorable. I don’t have a favourite character, they are all good in they’re own way - the animals and the people!

Last edited:
Not sure I could have stayed there alone the way Stephanie used to....ok in the day.....but night time - no close neighbours.....the creaking of old timber....yikes! I can see why she got involved in the Workaway program......

Reactions: 6
Not sure I could have stayed there alone the way Stephanie used to....ok in the day.....but night time - no close neighbours.....the creaking of old timber....yikes! I can see why she got involved in the Workaway program......
You get used to it. I grew up in a 350 year-old house which was a convent in a market town of France in the 17e century. I was six when we moved in. The first nights, I was terrified in my bedroom. Then, you learn to live with the house and its noises, cracks etc. 😊

• Wow
  • Heart
@alafolie someone in another thread had mentioned the film Single white female re Hannis appearances. Just wondering if she’s planning on staying there forever 🙃 enjoy the matching clothes & wearing espadrilles. the present packaging hugging & the baked Alaska incident to name but a few highlights when you catch up with all the episodes. It’s a brilliant channel & I’m loving Kat at the Chateau shes such fun! I also love some of the other channels like life of Ryan. UK TV has been even more awful than usual since the beginning of lockdown & I find myself watching all these YouTube channels & dreaming of a holiday in France next year fingers crossed!

Reactions: 2
@Takeaway is there another thread about the Chateau Diaries? Can you link it?
Just seen Sundays at the Chateau and it turns out Hanni is renting Michael Potts' apartment and Stephanie bought her a wardrobe for it which is coming next week so it sounds like she's planning on staying for a while.
Nice to see Stephanie and Marie spending time together at Emmaus. Loved the cocktail cabinet they made and Stephanie's green dress was absolutely lovely.

@alafolie someone in another thread had mentioned the film Single white female re Hannis appearances. Just wondering if she’s planning on staying there forever 🙃 enjoy the matching clothes & wearing espadrilles. the present packaging hugging & the baked Alaska incident to name but a few highlights when you catch up with all the episodes. It’s a brilliant channel & I’m loving Kat at the Chateau shes such fun! I also love some of the other channels like life of Ryan. UK TV has been even more awful than usual since the beginning of lockdown & I find myself watching all these YouTube channels & dreaming of a holiday in France next year fingers crossed!
I like Kat too.

Finished catching up but haven’t watched the Sunday vlogs. What on Earth was going on with the baked alaska 😂 Hanni is so false, she clearly makes it up as she goes along.

• Haha
According to Hanni's Instagram, she spent about one month at the hospital because of Covid in April. Then, Monzo where she works got in troubles because of the Covid crisis. Maybe she needs some time away to recover from all this. Lalande is a perfect place for this.

Reactions: 4
According to Hanni's Instagram, she spent about one month at the hospital because of Covid in April. Then, Monzo where she works got in troubles because of the Covid crisis. Maybe she needs some time away to recover from all this. Lalande is a perfect place for this.
Wow! Gosh she must have been really poorly with it! They don’t keep you in for that long for nothing.....poor girl. Will be great to see her bloom at Lalande.......as I’m sure she will. Being very poorly often changes people’s goals and makes them re think things.....she’s in good hands I’d say.

@Raspberrybrulee #23 & #93 are 2 of the posts re SWF 👍 Sorry I’m new to this site, only found it when I searched online for Chateau info, didn’t know tattle existed until last Sunday 🥳

Thanks @Takeaway! I'm new to Tattle.life too and it was only when I googled Stephanie and the Chateau Diaries that I found this.

I enjoyed Sundays at the Chateau last night as I love the trips to Emmaus. It would be great to live near there as there are some fabulous bargains to be had. I liked the teapot for Mummy and the green sofa.

I watched Dan's video last night which I really enjoyed. What amazes me about Dan is the amount of energy he has and how quickly he makes progress compared to Stephanie and Michael. I think his urgency comes from wanting to create a warm and comfortable home for his young family as they currently exist in a building site and it can't be ideal when you have toddlers.

@Calvignac how are the Chateau Diaries received in France or are they not as well known there? Your childhood home sounds wonderful although I can imagine it would have been very scary to a six year old.

@alafolie I confess to looking at the hundred stars dressing gowns on ebay a little while ago but I really don't need another dressing gown so I had a word with myself! However Stephanie has influenced me to make my environment more beautiful and I have bought new bedding recently and I love it.

@Lululime I think Hanni may be getting a bit too comfortable at La Lande and wonder if they'll struggle to get her out of Michael's gorgeous apartment when he wants it back! I have to say it must be fun being there at the moment with Kat, Nati, Selmar and Marie so I'm not surprised she has booked for a long stay!

Thanks @Takeaway! I'm new to Tattle.life too and it was only when I googled Stephanie and the Chateau Diaries that I found this.

I enjoyed Sundays at the Chateau last night as I love the trips to Emmaus. It would be great to live near there as there are some fabulous bargains to be had. I liked the teapot for Mummy and the green sofa.

I watched Dan's video last night which I really enjoyed. What amazes me about Dan is the amount of energy he has and how quickly he makes progress compared to Stephanie and Michael. I think his urgency comes from wanting to create a warm and comfortable home for his young family as they currently exist in a building site and it can't be ideal when you have toddlers.

@Calvignac how are the Chateau Diaries received in France or are they not as well known there? Your childhood home sounds wonderful although I can imagine it would have been very scary to a six year old.

@alafolie I confess to looking at the hundred stars dressing gowns on ebay a little while ago but I really don't need another dressing gown so I had a word with myself! Stephanie has influenced me to make my environment more beautiful and I have bought new bedding recently and I love it.

@Lululime I think Hanni may be getting a bit too comfortable at La Lande and wonder if they'll struggle to get her out of Michael's gorgeous apartment when he wants it back! I have to say it must be fun being there at the moment with Kat, Nati, Selmar and Marie so I'm not surprised she has booked for a long stay!
I'm sorry to say that Stephanie and her Chateau Diaries channel are not known at all in France ! The French have no idea of Stephanie or Michael existence hahaha. First, their videos are in English. Second, the French are not interested in Brits living in France. 😂 I watch them because I live in Ireland and have been unable to go home this summer because of Covid restrictions and their videos remind me my native country. Haven't been there for one year now.
I'm watching Michael's latest video. I wanted to give him another chance but sorry to say that he's playing with the content of his videos. Once again, it's a two parts video like for the door.
This time, it's for the AGA. And he's trying to say that oak in France is cheap, as cheap as a good quality pine, as he put it in one of his answers in the comments section. I don't understand how people can believe this. But they do.

Last edited:
@ raspberrybrulee I agree the Emmaus looks fantastic, & what lovely bargains we have a local one but the prices are about 4 times the price! I thought the same Re Hanni & the apartment! Where will Ruth & Michael stay when they visit as they do frequently! So they bought the wardrobe for Hanni but Michael & Ruth didn’t have one? Surprised as that apartment is beautiful. Stephanie has certainly inspired me in lots of ways, I love her channel. Re Dan I agree too, he just gets on with it & is making massive progress, they appear so grateful for the help from their channel & their content is always good. Lovely family. Re Michael Pethericks channel. I have unsubscribed as he is taking the mick now! And the Pethericks family channel! Seems like he’s got the patreons, the go fund me & the advertising money from YouTube & he doesn’t give a toss about the videos now, I’m sure he said initially he was going to do more than 1 a week? He’s now getting around £6.500.00 a month via patreon plus of course all the advertising revenue. He’s great with Stephanie & their pretend flirting but that’s it, he is wasting his talent with his hair & makeup skills (apparently he worked for MAC) I can’t see that cottage being finished any time soon. I looked back on his videos & he’s been on it for about 5 months, if he was my builder I would have sacked him by now. All he’s done is cleared the inside of the cottage & painted a door! Im sure thousands of people have subscribed to all these channels which gives them advertising funding & people forget to unsubscribe when the channels become pointless.

I'm sorry to say that Stephanie and her Chateau Diaries channel are not known at all in France ! The French have no idea of Stephanie or Michael existence hahaha. First, their videos are in English. Second, the French are not interested in Brits living in France. 😂 I watch them because I live in Ireland and have been unable to go home this summer because of Covid restrictions and their videos remind me my native country. Haven't been there for one year now.
I'm watching Michael's latest video. I wanted to give him another chance but sorry to say that he's playing with the content of his videos. Once again, it's a two parts video like for the door.
This time, it's for the AGA. And he's trying to say that oak in France is cheap, as cheap as a good quality pine, as he put it in one of his answers in the comments section. I don't understand how people can believe this. But they do.
@ raspberrybrulee I agree the Emmaus looks fantastic, & what lovely bargains we have a local one but the prices are about 4 times the price! I thought the same Re Hanni & the apartment! Where will Ruth & Michael stay when they visit as they do frequently! So they bought the wardrobe for Hanni but Michael & Ruth didn’t have one? Surprised as that apartment is beautiful. Stephanie has certainly inspired me in lots of ways, I love her channel. Re Dan I agree too, he just gets on with it & is making massive progress, they appear so grateful for the help from their channel & their content is always good. Lovely family. Re Michael Pethericks channel. I have unsubscribed as he is taking the mick now! And the Pethericks family channel! Seems like he’s got the patreons, the go fund me & the advertising money from YouTube & he doesn’t give a toss about the videos now, I’m sure he said initially he was going to do more than 1 a week? He’s now getting around £6.500.00 a month via patreon plus of course all the advertising revenue. He’s great with Stephanie & their pretend flirting but that’s it, he is wasting his talent with his hair & makeup skills (apparently he worked for MAC) I can’t see that cottage being finished any time soon. I looked back on his videos & he’s been on it for about 5 months, if he was my builder I would have sacked him by now. All he’s done is cleared the inside of the cottage & painted a door! Im sure thousands of people have subscribed to all these channels which gives them advertising funding & people forget to unsubscribe when the channels become pointless.
Agree with Micheal Petherick
His vlogs are gone so dull no life to them. He's acting like a big celeb now.

I can't figure Hanni out, but then I guess none of us can. On one hand she seems like a lost, little lamb on the other hand some of her behaviour is quite pushy.

It's clear she intended to stay long term at La Lande, but booked in initially as a B&B guest....then kept extending as she admits in one video. She didn't need to bring many clothes because she replacing her wardrobe anyways to match Stephanie.

@Raspberrybrulee Potts must have had her sign a rental agreement with an end date. It might a nice little bit of extra income for him, his work has probably been affected.

Having covid must have been terrifying, it's looks it's precipitated a transition on her perspective somehow. She's very lucky Stephanie is taking her under her wing. You can't fault Hanni for wanting to join the crew at La Lande, they seem like a fun, accepting lot, a lovely bunch to help her recuperate 😊

Also loved Stephanie's green dress and sparkly headband!

Watching them shop at Emmaus was weirdly inspiring, bringing spare bag next time I go to France! Which be who knows when 😷

I've never really watched Petherwick's videos. They don't capture my attention and I only have so much time. I can't be bothered to watch paint dry - literally. Stephanie does have a unique talent of putting together relaxing and interesting content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.