The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still my favorite title for new thread.
Did I mention that after my friends left SJ rented that part of the chateau out to an American woman with two small children, without fixing what caused the fire to begin with, not concerned apparently with the potential danger that family was in. When that family started traveling she kept cashing the rent and at the same time used that place for volunteers, guests and other purposes.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Ooops Last paragraph was in response to suggestion for next thread ‘Venetian crown whilst the chateau burns down’ ... apologies haven’t got time to look back to original source. Some of us have got to get out of bed and go to work 😉🛌👸💤

Did I mention that after my friends left SJ rented that part of the chateau out to an American woman with two small children, without fixing what caused the fire to begin with, not concerned apparently with the potential danger that family was in. When that family started traveling she kept cashing the rent and at the same time used that place for volunteers, guests and other purposes.
What ? But that’s illegal on so many levels. Completely outrageous . There is no defence to such irresponsible behaviour and shows what a greedy. selfish person she is at heart. Literally no consideration for anyone other than herself.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Is the lady still friends with Stephanie?

On Instagram it looks they still follow each other....if I have the right person. She does work in Africa? And her instagram is public

Reactions: 8
You know whilst shocked I am not suprised when I think about it. They only got fire extinguishers throughout chat-oo last year. I remember being amazed that people would stay in such an old venue. Also the amount of alcohol and parties and candles. It's a wonder the place hasn't gone up.

Reactions: 18
Basically her ‘donating to charity’ is on the back of all those people who are buying and sending gifts. How easy is it to be generous with ‘other people’s money’ and then take credit for it. The Gift Grab is nothing short of appalling, even more so in a time of pandemic and hardship, and she is blatantly encouraging it, no doubt disguised under the banner of ‘I’m doing it for charity’

Lurker of the Shattoo threads and now a brand new poster, yes I found this site thanks to BG. I'm not a Super Fan but very disappointed in what I've read in the threads (so far). Yes I even (still now) donate money on Patreon, but this shall cease as of tonight. How is SJ able to get away with this, when its not even hard to find the real info on her...

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Perhaps this alludes to inheritance tax and therefore income falling (‘business’) after his death. Maybe they had to sell assets to pay a tax bill ?

Clara may I ask did you ever get a picture of the sort of man Derek Jarvis was (say from conversations) Bohemian ? Eccentric ? Brilliant ? Amusing ? Under the thumb of Isabelle ? And also, the relationship he had with Stephanie ? Im not alluding in any way to anything illicit but I don’t know of another child/person who is quite so spoilt and indulged as SJ has been (‘so then we went shopping’ / ‘Daddy bought me this linen in Russia’ /My father bought this furniture for me’ / Daddy and I always shopped at this gallery’/ ‘Daddy and I loved shopping at Spode’/ ‘Daddy andI loved the Factory Shoos ‘ .... etc etc 😹 🛍 🛍 🛍 🛍

Lurker of the Shattoo threads and now a brand new poster, yes I found this site thanks to BG. I'm not a Super Fan but very disappointed in what I've read in the threads (so far). Yes I even (still now) donate money on Patreon, but this shall cease as of tonight. How is SJ able to get away with this, when its not even hard to find the real info on her...
Welcome here ! So pleased you have seen the veil lift. I have been following these threads and the CD’s from inception. One thing I have never been able to fathom, and I ask you this with great respect for the choice you made to donate, I understand you’ve enjoyed the vlogs and they’ve brought you pleasure, indeed I really enjoyed those early ones of chateau life and Stephanie’s more natural ‘performances’ myself, but when Patreon money started rolling in, I was amazed that a woman who has SOOO much, would be given even more (perhaps on occasion from people with less than she has....) to me this is the greatest mystery of all

My question is ‘on what basis did you donate and give SJ money ?’ Was it just that the videos brought you enjoyment or was there an aspect that you thought she was struggling and wanted to help her fulfill her dream ?
It’s not a catch question and neither answer is wrong btw !

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Is the lady still friends with Stephanie?

On Instagram it looks they still follow each other....if I have the right person. She does work in Africa? And her instagram is public
That's her.

Perhaps this alludes to inheritance tax and therefore income falling (‘business’) after his death. Maybe they had to sell assets to pay a tax bill ?

Clara may I ask did you ever get a picture of the sort of man Derek Jarvis was (say from conversations) Bohemian ? Eccentric ? Brilliant ? Amusing ? Under the thumb of Isabelle ? And also, the relationship he had with Stephanie ? Im not alluding in any way to anything illicit but I don’t know of another child/person who is quite so spoilt and indulged as SJ has been (‘so then we went shopping’ / ‘Daddy bought me this linen in Russia’ /My father bought this furniture for me’ / Daddy and I always shopped at this gallery’/ ‘Daddy and I loved shopping at Spode’/ ‘Daddy andI loved the Factory Shoos ‘ .... etc etc 😹 🛍 🛍 🛍 🛍
All I know is, is that Isabelle really did not want children and having SJ was her compromise to Derek's desire of having a family.

• Sad
  • Heart
Nearly time to vote for a new thread title!

@Hemerocallis - “Venetian crown while the chateau burns down”
@Raspberrybrulee - "Better a Mickey Dodger than an Edmund Fokker"

E.& o.e.

Or variations thereof... ???

I think it is interesting that the two most liked posts of this thread have been @Clara Burnett sharing the sordid details of SJ's narcissism, and @Raspberrybrulee pointing out that SJ is no different from any other celebrity/hussler using her looks to get ahead.

This is proof for me that tattlers on here seem to be a well balanced and well rounded bunch in their appraisal of the Chateau Diaries... I do think, though, that the moral barometer changes depending upon a person's life experience. Those who have been badly burned, or who have witnessed those they love being plucked bald by someone like SJ, will have a different opinion to those who have not...

So, let's celebrate the fact that we can discuss such a contentious issue and all agree to differ at times without turning psycho/sycophant.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Welcome here ! So pleased you have seen the veil lift. I have been following these threads and the CD’s from inception. One thing I have never been able to fathom, and I ask you this with great respect for the choice you made to donate, I understand you’ve enjoyed the vlogs and they’ve brought you pleasure, indeed I really enjoyed those early ones of chateau life and Stephanie’s more natural ‘performances’ myself, but when Patreon money started rolling in, I was amazed that a woman who has SOOO much, would be given even more (perhaps on occasion from people with less than she has....) to me this is the greatest mystery of all

My question is ‘on what basis did you donate and give SJ money ?’ Was it just that the videos brought you enjoyment or was there an aspect that you thought she was struggling and wanted to help her fulfill her dream ?
It’s not a catch question and neither answer is wrong btw !
No IHT on transfers between spouses.

Doting dads are not a new phenomenon - I’m one:)

• Heart
Reactions: 9

E.& o.e.

I think it is interesting that the two most liked posts of this thread have been @Clara Burnett sharing the sordid details of SJ's narcissism, and @Raspberrybrulee pointing out that SJ is no different from any other celebrity/hussler using her looks to get ahead.

This is proof for me that tattlers on here seem to be a well balanced and well rounded bunch in their appraisal of the Chateau Diaries... I do think, though, that the moral barometer changes depending upon a person's life experience. Those who have been badly burned, or who have witnessed those they love being plucked bald by someone like SJ, will have a different opinion to those who have not...

So, let's celebrate the fact that we can discuss such a contentious issue and all agree to differ at times without turning psycho/sycophant.
I sorta like this one;
... and pineapples (apologies for the oblique Meaning of Life quote)

• Heart
Reactions: 4

E.& o.e.

I agree. And @Raspberrybrulee made a laudable remark there. I have never been a part of any forum or group before joining here. Not even as a reader, this was just thrown up when I googled chateau diaries . Far from it being a place of haters, it’s full of intelligent, funny and erudite commentators, not always agreeing but respecting one another’s views.

Whilst I like to think I firmly know my own mind, there have been things I’ve read here which have altered my opinion or at the very least broadened my aspect of thought.

As a side note, Mr Fokker has added so much in visuals, humour and the cringe factor. Many thanks to Clara for so much info and personally introducing him 😹 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Chateau diaries #9: Chateau diarrheas
You got it, new member

What once burnt down can't burn again ?

OMG, I am so glad you found us, Clara. I almost get optimistic for 2021!

You know whilst shocked I am not suprised when I think about it. They only got fire extinguishers throughout chat-oo last year. I remember being amazed that people would stay in such an old venue. Also the amount of alcohol and parties and candles. It's a wonder the place hasn't gone up.
Yeah, only because viewers mentioned it. Isabelle should have insisted, since she ran a property like this

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
No IHT on transfers between spouses.

Doting dads are not a new phenomenon - I’m one:)
Thank you. I forgot. You are correct about inheritance between spouses.

Delighted to hear that. Nothing wrong with this. How marvellous to be the child of so much love and attention. I just hope your own offspring do not turn into spoilt, self-centred individuals who are unable to relate to real life.

Doting Daddy fine, but an unhealthily obsessed parent can turn out a child who beyond the eyes of the parent is ruined, unable to conduct themselves properly in relationships and with a sense of selfishness that makes it impossible for them to integrate in society and today’s world.

Don’t want to derail thread into child psychology psychobabble, but I have a friend who has brought up her daughter in a similar indulged way to SJ. Sad to say, at 30, that daughter is an overgrown toddler, completely useless in every respect, never had a job, unable to do anything without being funded and guided by the mother and has never put anything back into society. She’s a taker not a giver.

Many comparisons with SJ . And that’s not a good thing btw.

• Heart
Basically her ‘donating to charity’ is on the back of all those people who are buying and sending gifts. How easy is it to be generous with ‘other people’s money’ and then take credit for it. The Gift Grab is nothing short of appalling, even more so in a time of pandemic and hardship, and she is blatantly encouraging it, no doubt disguised under the banner of ‘I’m doing it for charity’
Question is :is she donating at all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.