The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
amazing that Selmar is the one with the need to bring aby jesus to chapel when Sj is alwasy stressing how important is the nativity set for her ....

without any feeling of self importance, I do believe that everyhting they do now, how they behave, what they chose to show and not show is connected to what is written here in one way or another

our fellow Agents are doing a tremendous job, some sacrificed their own privacy and helped to expose the world of these spoiled OLD INFANTS and most importantly helped to save the sanity of many others who were unknowingly sinking into the nonexistent chateau lake

not just other people's money but also other people's time and backs

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I think Selmar might be a time traveler...

And her uncle (?) reminds me of someone else...

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
SJ isn't overtly classist to me at all, and when she says something that makes me cringe it's usually more colonialist like "look at the darling pygmies in the jungle on this toile". Plus she's got Bren representing her on social media.

Reactions: 16
Just been off checking the various Facebook fan haunts.

It looks like the spring cleaning has started with the on-line realm. Not a “nasty” comment or post to be easily found (by me anyway).

It is all peacocks, hedgehogs and (simply arranged) flowers now!

Reactions: 9
The other problem with opening the place up for tours is that the house is not really ‘historic’. Look at her fathers paintings everywhere. Then all the pictures of herself/hedgehogs/peacocks etc., that they’ve had framed and put up. To say nothing of the Brocante odd bodge of furniture all through the house ... sorry Chateau! It’s not Hampton Court or Kensington Palace is it?

Reactions: 18
Only problem here: you actually need to like making bread and jams, you need to love entertain strangers coming to your place. You need to like having nervous brides with their mums and mother in laws around. Don't see this with SJ

Didn't you hear him say in Limoges that the streets are as old as SJ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I think running a chambre d'hote is hard work enough without dealing with all the drama of putting on weddings or the administrative hassle of running a shop. I would not want to do it.

Vlogging on YT was really a stroke of genius for SJ. If she is smart, she has set her sights on something that generates YT-like income without all the hard graft: cookbooks, wallpaper, wrapping paper, cards, towels, carpets, Christmas music. These are all things that people can buy on a repeat basis. If she plays her cards right--and her brand does not become too damaged by permitting amateurs like Brenda Gibbons or Cbomb run her other social media--SJ could be set up for life.

Reactions: 22
Michael Potts said he has a 9 hour drive till home. Maybe I am aging faster than them, I feel tired just thinking about it, but to drive that long and maybe with snow on the roads for only a couple of days to then decorate a tree? And getting a covid test done before which you can't get at any corner and which needs to be somewhat organised? To see his ex? My husband would not even come, and I would not ask it from him

I think Selmar might be a time traveler...

View attachment 377533

And her uncle (?) reminds me of someone else...
Michael Potts timetravelled too.

Looks like she has left Facebook?
Certainly looks like Ms Sadie has either removed her FB profile or has hidden behind privacy settings. The sanitation of CD-related social media continues. This is a direct affront to us here on Tattle. We will be reduced to commenting only on the released videos. I think somebody is taking overall control of the social media space . . . something we identified that needed doing a while ago. They will be ‘locked down’ and controlled in the media space, just like the Strawbridges, before we know it!

At least neither of her cousins looks like Mason

SJ is on record “no weddings at Lalande”. Obviously he mother and Percy were an exception. But all of the other chateaux owners with Dick and Angel at the top, all say weddings are about the only way to stay solvent. Can anyone imagine SJ allowing someone else to be Queen?!?!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.