The Chateau Diaries #64 Blowin' it in Barbados; Livin' it up in Versailles like it’s 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Took the liberty of creating a new thread, dear @MojoDublin. Figured it might be the wee hours where you're at.

Thanks to @Linus and @notanangel for the combined title!

MOST-LIKED POST

Marquis de Potpourri
VIP Member

Friday at 3:53 PM
BEHOLD, what my mother sent me!
Gossip between two NY society mommies (my mom's friends). 😉😝
Oh, SJ’s taste is so far out, unimpressive and appalling to these NY women!
FD93ADB5-72F0-4993-8F94-1EC23BF95FC6.jpeg

Last edited: Friday at 4:01 PM

Reactions:CountessPompidoo, Marten, JumpingJacks and 45 others

The second most-liked is also mine, so let's skip that... :)

THE THIRD MOST-LIKED POST

LaFrancaise123

Friday at 2:49 PM
This comment in the comments section of Stephanie's last vlog (at Christie's). It's like a soap opera 😅

Sad that these people still don't understand the situation. Slow....
Tania

4 hours ago
Chateau Diaries, I started watching Michael Petherick because you had him on you channel, but lately his channel and patreon has been hit and miss because he went to Spain for a long time and now has disappeared again. I asked the question on his last video "If Michael has stopped creating content can he please tell the 514 people who pay Patreon subscriptions so they can cancel their subscriptions." but it keeps getting deleted. Could you please intervene and ask Michael to let all of his you tube subscribers and Patreons know that the channel will continue or if they need to cancel their subscription.
Show less

View attachment 760334
Reactions:You, CountessPompidoo, dumbblonde and 38 others

@Moderator please note new thread. Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Wonder if this happened as one of the upstairs bathrooms was refitted or if it's from one of the vintage bathrooms? Or possibly the tiny kitchen.....
And Fanny....just because "the plumbing is there" doesn't mean that it won't still need replacing. 🙄 She's clueless, no wonder her radiators are dousing the downstairs.
I noticed that too. I have an apartment above me and have some similar drips on my ceiling beams but they don't look like dried blood. :oops:
Houses like that must leak some really gross tea to the floors below when the plumbing leaks. Aged ceiling tea.

I agree - he's very honest about his lack of formal qualifications and his upbringing. He's selling his personal taste and not claiming any particular expertise.
I'm getting the vibe that he might make an appearance on CD soon. :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Responding to @FlyByeNight's post in the previous thread, I have no doubt whatever that the auction houses are fences and money launderers of the highest caliber. It goes to the heart of what they do and who they are. Whitewashing the provenance of stolen goods is itself an art.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Continuing from the previous thread: I finally figured out that BPD isn't referring to Bi-Polar. Is declining reading comprehension a bad sign for someone in her 50s?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree with the person in the comments on MPKs jam making vlog. That jam would have leached copper in it. He should have added sugar at the same time to neutralise it.
Ingesting copper on a regular basis causes nausea and health issues.
Hope no one gets this jam for Christmas! Watch out Stephanie!
Teabag is in no danger of copper poisoning as he is never at home to use the pan. Hope Andrew hasn't been eating the jam? 🤔

Continuing from the previous thread: I finally figured out that BPD isn't referring to Bi-Polar. Is declining reading comprehension a bad sign for someone in her 50s?
A decline in reading comprehension could be due to a number of things. Best to consult your /their doctor first for an opinion and possible investigations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I agree with the person in the comments on MPKs jam making vlog. That jam would have leached copper in it. He should have added sugar at the same time to neutralise it.
Ingesting copper on a regular basis causes nausea and health issues.
Hope no one gets this jam for Christmas! Watch out Stephanie!
Teabag is in no danger of copper poisoning as he is never at home to use the pan. Hope Andrew hasn't been eating the jam? 🤔
I had no idea that was possible until reading the comment! And Teabeg is not only using a copper kettle, but also proclaiming it’s superiority without understanding or explaining how to mitigate the risk. Can be so dangerous when someone claims to be an expert but provides false or misleading information to unsuspecting viewers. Con artist.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I had no idea that was possible until reading the comment! And Teabeg is not only using a copper kettle, but also proclaiming it’s superiority without understanding or explaining how to mitigate the risk. Can be so dangerous when someone claims to be an expert but provides false or misleading information to unsuspecting viewers. Con artist.
These pans are safe for cooking generally, but you don't use them with acidic food, which reacts with the copper. This is ignorance on Teabag's part. He obviously acquired the pan for its good looks. He's clearly not an experienced cook . He must have used it because it had a thick base. I just don't understand why he did a jam making vlog in the first place. Maybe a misguided attempt to win over his patrons, presuming they are interested in jam. Rather patronising.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Took the liberty of creating a new thread, dear @MojoDublin. Figured it might be the wee hours where you're at.

Thanks to @Linus and @notanangel for the combined title!

MOST-LIKED POST

Marquis de Potpourri
VIP Member

Friday at 3:53 PM
BEHOLD, what my mother sent me!
Gossip between two NY society mommies (my mom's friends). 😉😝
Oh, SJ’s taste is so far out, unimpressive and appalling to these NY women!
FD93ADB5-72F0-4993-8F94-1EC23BF95FC6.jpeg

Last edited: Friday at 4:01 PM

Reactions:CountessPompidoo, Marten, JumpingJacks and 45 others

The second most-liked is also mine, so let's skip that... :)

THE THIRD MOST-LIKED POST

LaFrancaise123

Friday at 2:49 PM
This comment in the comments section of Stephanie's last vlog (at Christie's). It's like a soap opera 😅

Sad that these people still don't understand the situation. Slow....
Tania

4 hours ago
Chateau Diaries, I started watching Michael Petherick because you had him on you channel, but lately his channel and patreon has been hit and miss because he went to Spain for a long time and now has disappeared again. I asked the question on his last video "If Michael has stopped creating content can he please tell the 514 people who pay Patreon subscriptions so they can cancel their subscriptions." but it keeps getting deleted. Could you please intervene and ask Michael to let all of his you tube subscribers and Patreons know that the channel will continue or if they need to cancel their subscription.
Show less

View attachment 760334
Reactions:You, CountessPompidoo, dumbblonde and 38 others

@Moderator please note new thread. Thanks!
@Marquis de Potpourri Superb job
😈😈😈😈

… WTG yesterdays brunch was themed -Last of the summer Prosecco
….. glad today is a day off …..

Congratulations @Linus and @notanangel 😎
Loving the title 😈😈😈😈😈

• Heart
Reactions: 30
These pans are safe for cooking generally, but you don't use them with acidic food, which reacts with the copper. This is ignorance on Teabag's part. He obviously acquired the pan for its good looks. He's clearly not an experienced cook . He must have used it because it had a thick base. I just don't understand why he did a jam making vlog in the first place. Maybe a misguided attempt to win over his patrons, presuming they are interested in jam. Rather patronising.
Toxic Royal Jam! What was the penalty for poisoning the king? Boiled in oil? 😊 I’m sure the AGA would do a great job bringing the oil to the perfect temperature.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Copper pots should be lined, usually with tin. The only time it is recommended to not be lined is a copper bowl to whip egg whites into a meringue. A much stiffer result. Many acidic fruits and vegetables are best processed in a non reactive vessel.
Sorry Hippy Dippy just saw your post.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Responding to @FlyByeNight's post in the previous thread, I have no doubt whatever that the auction houses are fences and money launderers of the highest caliber. It goes to the heart of what they do and who they are. Whitewashing the provenance of stolen goods is itself an art.
There was a Hobby Lobby vs Christie's, Epic of Gilgamesh situation too. Rich people are the worst. Even Oklahoma is mad about it because they had to give it back or something.

Reactions: 9
Copper pots should be lined, usually with tin. The only time it is recommended to not be lined is a copper bowl to whip egg whites into a meringue. A much stiffer result. Many acidic fruits and vegetables are best processed in a non reactive vessel.
Sorry Hippy Dippy just saw your post.
No problem, I agree that tin lined copper pans are much safer. I didn't know about the copper bowls and meringue. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: 8
Morning fellow tattlers. Taking the goddaughter to school this morning so up early for me at the moment. I showed her CD yesterday and she asked why the strange women was shrieking so much. Out of the mouth of babes huh!
She is nearly 15 and watches nothing but YouTube. Her favourite is Jules and Jenna. Can’t quite work them out. They seem a little fake. Goddaughter thinks they are marvellous.
Interesting fact for you all. SJ went to the same secondary school as Ed Sheeran and they shared the same music teacher. I assume he became a better teacher once SJ had left 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I just don't understand why he did a jam making vlog in the first place. Maybe a misguided attempt to win over his patrons, presuming they are interested in jam. Rather patronising.
That entire Jam video was strange. MPK had just finished his seven daily vlogs, then on Day 8 he released the Jam vlog. At the end of the vlog he says “see you tomorrow” and then goes silent for 3 weeks (and counting). It’s almost as if he’d already filmed it earlier and then released it out of sequence (just to get it out). And yes, I do think he’s patronizing. His viewers give him feedback about what they’d like to see, but I don’t think he listens to them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
That entire Jam video was strange. MPK had just finished his seven daily vlogs, then on Day 8 he released the Jam vlog. At the end of the vlog he says “see you tomorrow” and then goes silent for 3 weeks (and counting). It’s almost as if he’d already filmed it earlier and then released it out of sequence (just to get it out). And yes, I do think he’s patronizing. His viewers give him feedback about what they’d like to see, but I don’t think he listens to them.
I liked how Castle Ten Berghe's episode today was entitled "Where have we been??" And then he just mowed the lawn. :ROFLMAO: It doesn't take much Mike.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think it’s fascinating how SJ keeps showing us her own mistakes (literally at the end of last nights flog) and demise.
She’s only as good as the last dress she bought (that white thing she rustled en route in Italy in the outlet) and she knows it, so she wears it over and over again. Also, the content of last night’s episode was filmed months ago, when she was still supposed to be in lock down or at least restricted to necessary travels only, but we already know she’s always determined not to be hold back by rules and regulations meant for common people, never for her. If you deemed her intolerable back then as much as I did, the upgraded current version of the shittelaine will push you further over that edge of disgust, leaving no room for doubt she will take care of her own downfall one way or another. Better spend those bucks people keep throwing at you, right SJ? And keep showing us those shittoos that are much nicer than your own farmhouse, if only to raise some understanding for the plight you find yourself in.
Hope you had a nice fancy ball at Versialles (thanks for that modernization, Floral Moron) SJ, it might or might not be your last, you never know.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
It's a dirty market in antiquities it appears and Christies is right up there with the best of them it seems. Daddy Jarvis must have known the best places to shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Also, the content of last night’s episode was filmed months ago, when she was still supposed to be in lock down or at least restricted to necessary travels only, but we already know she’s always determined not to be hold back by rules and regulations meant for common people, never for her
as usual - spot on

interesting sting to the tail - when the bloopers occurred
The barley con sealed FURY was not missed behind those glasses 🤓 When the car went by

thought there you are the mask 😷 is falling

so that was a full 3 week holiday flew back to London - for a few days only to land back to the FArmhouse to change and leave for another holiday

guess the patrons are AWARE … YouTube isn’t covering all the travelling 🧳
Only unlike MOLD … deleting their comments won’t work on patron

The declining interaction on patron - isn’t compliance … you got the heads up last time you went on holiday and delayed the renovation updates ….

ohhh 😮 they know your double dipping in the patron funds

you accountant failed to lodge your association accounts …..

not a good look 👀😈

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.