The Chateau Diaries #64 Blowin' it in Barbados; Livin' it up in Versailles like it’s 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hark at the Snark, seems a good title for a children's book.

Are we sitting comfortably? Then I will begin.
There once lived a miserable old Snark in a large Chateau in the middle of nowhere.
She moaned and groaned that there were no holidays to be had and food was scarce.
Little did the Snark realise tha byt other people worked for these things.
The Snark's mother was reading the newspaper and despairing that her ungrateful Snark daughter would never get out of bed and earn a living.
She spotted and advert for a TV show and knowing that the daughter Snark loved an audience, she rang up.
Now, I will let you into a secret. You and I dear reader, know what happened next to the Snark. Yes, that's right. She turned into a grifter Snark and sold her life on YouTube.
On that day a new disease spread across the world. People were unable to tear themselves away from the Snark. Discussions were had, immunisation therapy occurred. Questions were asked. Still the Grifter Snark grew bigger and bigger and bigger.
The Grifter Snark, then decided to multiply and was joined by the Trotter Snark and the Snorting Snark.
Then what happened???? Lol!!!
Tell us more!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I used to watch a show when we lived in Canada called Distant Shores. I loved that show and the couple, they were NOT grifters, but your comment about sailing made me think of them. If you haven't seen them you might like it.
I've watched them all- I actually like them, but I do make fun of Sheryl and her hair (I always remark during the intro with her in a swimsuit by the dinghy, "Cheesecake!") They've come along way from their first sailboat (even their second Southerly was auto-everything- even the thru-hulls.) But, Paul can repair almost anything, and I enjoy their adventures. I met them at a Boat Show, and they are really lovely people in real life. Not nearly as fun as Bob Bitchin and Jody, though!

Reactions: 1
You are so right and this makes me think that Jill probably made Steph buy all the things she intended for the 4th vignette and that's why there are only three now.
So next video:
Dear Patreons,
I am taking 4 months off to pick up my buys from Christie's. The reason is I need to go via cruise ship because it would simply be too complicated to fly everything in and this way we can quarantine on board.
But the good news is I got a mayor discount with my local van rental since I am a regular customer now.
Phil will accompany me because I am scared to drive the van off the ship. There will be no vlogs because there is no historical architecture on board. We might make a stop at the iceberg where the Titanic sank but I can't promise you to see more than 1/7 of it.
But every now and then I can show you a glimpse of the sea-it so reminds me of the lost lake at Lalande.
I booked an inside cabin, of course, but guess what, they gave me an upgrade and I got the ocean view crystal suite instead which comes with a beverage package so we saved alot.
Nati will film how Selmar screws the screw (I mean in the downstairs loo) so hopefully I will find time to edit during the captains dinner. Unfortunately it's not a costume ball but I make sure to bring some weird inappropriate clothes.
A huge thank you to all of you to make this possible!
PRICELESS!!!!!.....:love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I've watched them all- I actually like them, but I do make fun of Sheryl and her hair (I always remark during the intro with her in a swimsuit by the dinghy, "Cheesecake!") They've come along way from their first sailboat (even their second Southerly was auto-everything- even the thru-hulls.) But, Paul can repair almost anything, and I enjoy their adventures. I met them at a Boat Show, and they are really lovely people in real life. Not nearly as fun as Bob Bitchin and Jody, though!
I'm so glad to hear they are as genuine as they seem. Yes, her hair is thing of it's own for sure.

Some other tastemakers:

Not a nightie in sight.
I bet Aerin Lauder completed all of her assignments. She must be appalled to even be mentioned in the same company of SJ.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
  1. [IMG alt="prettyplease"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/s/193/193569.jpg?1630811872[/IMG]
    The Chateau Diaries #64 Blowin' it in Barbados; Livin' it up in Versailles like it’s 2019
    New thread title…”Cue the Flying Monkeys”
  2. W
    I like "Jarvis flakes" as a thread title. Simple, concise, damning.
  3. [IMG alt="MojoDublin"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/s/150/150816.jpg?1607669055[/IMG]
    Title thread 🧵 Author ✍ @sandro37 dear, your true socialclimbing self will always shine through 😘
  4. [IMG alt="MojoDublin"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/s/150/150816.jpg?1607669055[/IMG]
    Title thread 🧵 Author ✍ @BubbleWorld Christie's decided in the meantime that they had seen enough. 😈
  5. [IMG alt="MojoDublin"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/s/150/150816.jpg?1607669055[/IMG]
    Title thread 🧵 Author ✍ @OneMoonbeam Fanny - the dust of a thousand Egyptian camels 🐫
  6. [IMG alt="Arfarf"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/s/215/215519.jpg?1622901370[/IMG]
    Getting goofy here. I got up too early.... Contractor with Covid is out of quarantine....Said he would resume early this week but I guess that did not include Monday!! Lol. How about this for a thread title? "Hey! Who is wearing the pants here? Fanny? Phyllis? Or Nobody?" Or how about... "...

new thread
the-chateau-diaries-65-fanny-the-dust-of-a-thousand-egyptian-camels.22999

moderator please be advised reported

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just googled thin bald man with tattoos and Phyllis is just not that type. 😂 😂 😂 😂
LOL...I had to Google that myself to see what was on offer....definitely NOT Phillip's aesthetic....LOL

Maybe he could adopt the tree lopper look?
I don't think he'd have quite the sex appeal as the tree man has....LMAO

No flogging of tattlers occur on my watch ;)

To be honest would we really lose interest in the dross that is put out? I have known whole pages whiz by on the pronunciation of certain words by our beloved Chatelaine.
Poems have been written, views have been given, money wasting has been mused over. Building and renovations have definitely been discussed.
Absolutely...I bow down to your superior wisdom....:giggle:

Hark at the Snark, seems a good title for a children's book.

Are we sitting comfortably? Then I will begin.
There once lived a miserable old Snark in a large Chateau in the middle of nowhere.
She moaned and groaned that there were no holidays to be had and food was scarce.
Little did the Snark realise that other people worked for these things.
The Snark's mother was reading the newspaper and despairing that her ungrateful Snark daughter would never get out of bed and earn a living.
She spotted and advert for a TV show and knowing that the daughter Snark loved an audience, she rang up.
Now, I will let you into a secret. You and I dear reader, know what happened next to the Snark. Yes, that's right. She turned into a grifter Snark and sold her life on YouTube.
On that day a new disease spread across the world. People were unable to tear themselves away from the Snark. Discussions were had, immunisation therapy occurred. Questions were asked. Still the Grifter Snark grew bigger and bigger and bigger.
The Grifter Snark, then decided to multiply and was joined by the Trotter Snark and the Snorting Snark.
:ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:....Again!!!ROTFLMAO..:LOL:...PRICELESS!

I am in total agreement. It's not just the Shitoo-laine (she and the other Shitoo-owners are late to the game), as there are quite a few in the sailing community who have been running this con for years- Delos, LaVagabonde, the trainwreck formerly known as "Little Miss Lone Star"... It is just as bad in the boating community- "I will buy a boat I don't know how to sail, and make videos! We'll never have to work again!" Some bypass US and UK taxes by making their home port another country (Caribbean).
I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan and I totally LOVE your avatar!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I wouldn't say better before. I enjoy most of the opinions on here and some voices get lost when threads move quickly and issues chop and change according to which Chateau, Vlogger etc.
I am also guilty of it as noted in my original post, so not unaware. Also it would need a majority consent.
Personally I don't have time to follow positano Diaries, or the zillion other chateau owners who are springing up. So not always that useful as threads lose a different kind of momentum.
Good points. I can not keep up with all the channel on YT with chateaus. A few that give shout outs to Beggar boy and Fanny grab my attention. Probably just looking for some of that cash action. I have a confession to make.....I didn't understand (at first) the Patreon thing - I thought the total on Fannys was for the year - like tea begs gofundme - when I realized it was MONTHLY - I was driven to find out more about them all. So it is very useful threads stay on topic.😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh no. I quite enjoy La Vagabonde! Why are they grifters?
They do seem so sweet, and loving, don't they? "Look at us in our perfect lives, with our perfect babies!" While they cry for Patreons to subscribe and like them (they make a TON of money with Patreon and YouTube), they tell the viewers, "Oh no, this brand new boat is just a loaner from the manufacturer that we are going to have to pay for eventually!" Which is not quite true... They've culled the art of grifting. But, I will agree- of all the sailing videos, they are the more pleasant ones to watch. Neither actually works other than editing videos, and grifting from island to island. They do produce beautiful videos, and I do see the appeal by those who dream of this way of life. In reality, actually owning a sailboat is quite a different story- like a chateau, it's not a beautiful perfect dream- but a life of constant maintenance. From having the chase down leaks topside (even in a new sailboat), to the constant maintenance (bottom jobs, repairing sails, etc.), to paying a diver every month to clean your boat bottom- it's not reality.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.