The Chateau Diaries #63 A holiday from a holiday, a honeymoon, and two dents in a bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SJ and MPK talk as if they're the font of all knowledge.
According to this concerned viewer, Teabeg made toxic jam using a copper kettle before adding sugar to the fruit . But MPK said that copper is the BEST for making jam. Who should I believe? This viewer…or the man-child that can’t figure out how to make whipped cream and blames French cows for the issue (because, of course, he CAN’T be wrong)?

Reactions: 23
Agree.

Fun to write here but it goes only so far.

Nice to post links to the authorities here but when will they be aware.

I'd love to see a lot of things happen. I'd love to see Asia Argento get her comeuppance for her cheating shenanigans before Anthony Bourdain's death. I'd love to see the Trump $$$ trail truly uncovered and the green path lead to orange suits in jail, then next let's track more of their oligarch Moneyland friends. I'd love to see French authorities dig into revenue from newfangled digital payment systems. I mean, every year before January 31, even Google sends me documentation for the $600 a year -- coffee money -- I make from Adsense revenue, so the IRS has paperwork to track. France wants its share too, doesn't it?

Reactions: 12
True. My fiancee and I like the cleaner simpler modern design bathrooms. When I showed my mom SJ's vlog after dinner tonight, she said the blue bathroom reminded her of the ensuite at my grandparents' house in Montreal in the 80s, which they renovated three times since. Luckily, the bathrooms in the villa we got are all updated.

Reactions: 18
I agree - he's very honest about his lack of formal qualifications and his upbringing. He's selling his personal taste and not claiming any particular expertise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
To Michael, French cows are bitches.

Reactions: 15
I fully agree! It was either lazy editing or “wait! I voiced compassion and that will boost my image” (whether it was fully or fleetingly felt).

Reactions: 11
This is a masterpiece of observation. Bring out the spikes.

It occurred to me ... what if {sputter}{sputter} they're all one and the same kind of person. The know the people who provide the laundering services, and I'm not talking about the dry cleaner in the strip center with the Five Guys. One is successfully entrenched, one is adjacent and aspires to need the services and perhaps already does. They have the same thought process, the same values, the same motives.

At first I had a bad taste, then I came around and thought, right, I think I agree. Because, how many other terrible events have anniversary dates where we'd be admonished to schedule something fun decades later?

How many terrible events have NO anniversary dates at all, where just as many or more people died, but the event isn't popular with the world's leading culture and news media?

There will be no anniversary date for Covid deaths. Because it's been a steady slow drip of death for nearly 2 years now, around the world. Instead of one big horrible event at one time on one day.

Our brains tend to think the big blasts of instant catastrophic events are the worst. I think we put too much emphasis on these things, and not enough on the other steady slow drips.

I despise SJ. But are we going to hold her accountable to soberly observe 9/11 for the rest of her life? It's just another day where she lives. That's just a fact of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Espe is correct. Fanny did not go to a boarding school, she went to a state funded secondary school, Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham
Facts not supposition, Tattlers!
OK...so, is Somerville College considered a University since it's apparently associated with Oxford University? And can she actually claim to have gone to Oxford University when she actually just went to college?

Hmmmm....I think I would have had that cleaned BEFORE it could stain those nice ceiling panels....just sayin'....

That's very true but she was trying to impress that estate agent...and probably hoping he ISN'T a fan of her vlog so he wouldn't know about her loo problems.....

Reactions: 5
OK...so, is Somerville College considered a University since it's apparently associated with Oxford University? And can she actually claim to have gone to Oxford University when she actually just went to college?
Oxford University is made up of more than 30 different colleges. Colleges are academic communities, where students usually have their tutorials. Each one has its own dining hall, bar, common room and library, and lots of college groups and societies.

Reactions: 16
I agree - he's very honest about his lack of formal qualifications and his upbringing. He's selling his personal taste and not claiming any particular expertise.
OMG!!...He's just a BABY!!!!....And he was in a live-in relationship with an older man???...All I could think about was my young grandkids getting into relationships like that....

Is this thread supposed to be shut down since a new one has been started?

Reactions: 4
I love this. The similar thing I can think of is physical traumatic injuries. You don't give a trauma injury a name that makes it seem like it's the person's own fault. Unlike all the psychiatric diagnoses that have the word "personality" in them.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.