The Chateau Diaries #61 Loud, in your face and gaudy, it rather sums up the chatelaine!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aga defending here, (no I'm not MPK, and Ive never worked for Aga.! ). The main advantage of the Aga is that it can be used to run your hot water central /heating system if you have the water circulating through radiators.
The Aga is usually on 24 hours and the cast iron body gives off retained heat throughout the day. You can dry clothes over it. Cooking is very different to the conventional oven. Speeds up cooking times remarkably. You can cook for an army in an Aga. When I was a child in the country, everybody had some sort of range stove supplying hot water too. A Rayburn was a popular make in the UK. We had something called a Yorkshire range, which heated up a fireback boiler for our hot water., you used it to cook on, boil kettles on, dry clothes, and it heated the downstairs rooms. As a child my job was to keep it lit. I'm surprised Stephanie does not use the range cooker in her kitchen more effectively. I miss the old ranges. I've got a gas one but it doesn't do hot water.
Yes it would be too hot in summer but you don't keep it running 24 hours then Just use it for hot water or cooking as needed.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if all the negative messages on the channel are from Tattlers working undercover, rather than disillusioned fans? I put negative comments on sometimes and ask pertinent questions in the comments. Other Tattlers do it too. I've seen my real name on here a few times in comments. I hope the majority of comments are from disenchanted fans. Still seeds of doubt are being sown.
I (before I joined here) used to post comments. When I was a 'fan' and positive they were ignored, when I slightly suggested something or even made an honest comment they did not like - I was swooped on by a flock of parent plovers. It was so irritating. I deleted posts to get rid of the stupidity.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So last flog SSB proclaimed something about happiness is living inside a wheel of Parmesan cheese. This flog, living is paaarfect because she is doing so inside of a “green pea”. She has validated herself because she acknowledged the slave history that is VERY directly associated with their accommodation and then gets back to lala bubble with the Spode à la Barbados. SSB acknowledges (who?!?!😉) by saying BJJ will be on the toilet all night due to his crème brûlée indulgence. I missed the double indentations in the bed @Arfarf- but trust they are there! All of this… to this point… why do people celebrate this narrow lifestyle?! Thank you to all who have posted all the dissenting flog comments. Grrrrrrrrr. I hope it’s true love otherwise they will lock themselves out of reality beyond return. Lalalalala🎼🎭, or it’ll happen regardless… is it too late!?
I'm appalled by her lack of sensitivity - mentioning the connection with slavery but hardly any real life acknowledgement (mixed feelings, love of beauty and cruel past - obviously the first prevails, translated into luxury and entitlement). When you get to know the real SJ, all the signs are very obvious and always present. Like her confession that she tried to save some money on renting a car (because SHE doesn't find cars that important) but she can't resist to mention that she nevertheless got a huge upgrade, at zero extra charge. This is who she actually is: constantly denominating what comes her way to prove the world revolves around her. Yes, superfans, this is that poor girl that could not afford to buy food you are so desperately trying to help.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Yes it would be too hot in summer but you don't keep it running 24 hours then Just use it for hot water or cooking as needed.
I had an aga in the first home I bought in Tassie I had NO idea how it all worked. It had a wet back - so heated the hot water. I could not stand it in the summer so had to switch back to electric. It was a witch to keep at an even temp (oven) and the wood I needed was stuff for a dolls house firebox - so small. I was chopping wood and carrying water. I thought it would be so good - I could be off grid - I was out of my mind. Never again! I had a kitchen twice the size of the cottage and when that thing was burning hot - it was like Satan was sitting on the thermostat - I had to open doors - in WINTER! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 18
]
What have you done with the REAL Heathcliff?????

The REAL Heathcliffe IS, and always WAS, : MRS Heathcliffe !! It's obvious now. Which means Gibson IS the only straight in the village !!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She does that because she is trying to justify her travels, spending, eating- by linking it all to La la Land because she knows those stupid Patreons will fall for it...and not complain that anything that her Patreon account was started for has been done at all!!!
No lake. No chapel. No terrace. No facade. Nothing.
Somehow her stupid "followers" think that all these vacations have something to do with the Chateau! When really they must never have traveled outside their own front door and love that they can watch her go, go, go...on their dime!!! That is the rub...that they are too????? Niave???? Ignorant???? Blind???? That they like to throw their money down the drain???
So she keeps repeating- like a mantra...." Lalande, Lalande...." Like hypnosis!

Laughing out loud in my living room by myself!!!!!😂😂😂
I mean can we please TALK about how NOTHING is done with 30k a month?? So far, they DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE STOOPID REFRIGERATOR!! I mean... that's mini!! Mini goal - the rest of it has now turned into just building "apartments" for friends and family!! And BOY who gets left what in the chateau?? So all of those millions of kids their wives and their kids kids??? How are they going to decide WHO has to pay for the roof? HOW to pay for the roof? Because it's is MOST DEFINITELY NOT a bnb- it is NOT gites to rent - when will these kids get to go and stay?? Who gets Xmas when they have their parents their kids etc?? The WHOLE POINT of patreon was to help her renovate and save the chateau for the enjoyment of the country - I mean NOTHING has happened - EVERYTHING goes into her bedroom , she buys SO MUCH CRAP - and now the crap is just getting really expensive. Nothing is finished - what happened to the freaking ARCHITECT? Where is a project manager - this is just a silly rich girl dilettante playing very expensive dress up. ALSO they have more than enough money to actually HIRE a chef/cook.... why to is DAN COOKING - I mean does he work all day in the garden and then cook too?? Is the princess just beyond making a bed or a sandwich?? Or is she just clacking around in her stupid expensive lobster shoes? What happened to the chapel - did Marie finally understand that she was considered Stephanie's DUFF? ugh.... and little miss thing should have sold that London apartment LONG ago if she ever actually meant to have a BUSINESS!!... and if I have to listen to her laugh and twirl like she is 7.... shoot me.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
So last flog SSB proclaimed something about happiness is living inside a wheel of Parmesan cheese. This flog, living is paaarfect because she is doing so inside of a “green pea”. She has validated herself because she acknowledged the slave history that is VERY directly associated with their accommodation and then gets back to lala bubble with the Spode à la Barbados. SSB acknowledges (who?!?!😉) by saying BJJ will be on the toilet all night due to his crème brûlée indulgence. I missed the double indentations in the bed @Arfarf- but trust they are there! All of this… to this point… why do people celebrate this narrow lifestyle?! Thank you to all who have posted all the dissenting flog comments. Grrrrrrrrr. I hope it’s true love otherwise they will lock themselves out of reality beyond return. Lalalalala🎼🎭, or it’ll happen regardless… is it too late!?
Bet he has been on the toilet!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Do you think her and Phyllis even care that her viewers were disgusted with her title choice today?
Or are they too full of themselves and enraptured in their mutual obsession with each other that they just tune all else out?
I mean, really?
She didn't know about the flooding in New York???
Now Snorts hasn't finished his 1st grade reader...so I don't expect him to be able to read a paper yet or read news on the internet....oh, wait 🤔... He buys tit loads off of ebay.????....🤔🤔
You are right !!! They have no clue.

Afghanistan ? What a looooovely name ! Can I buy some for Lalaaaaande ? It would be paaaaarrfect for the Graaaand Salon !

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I've decided to refer to Steppy as "That Colonizer" from a HMN.
She reminds me of Nero, fiddling whilst Rome burns.
She probably slept very well on land that's soaked in the blood of thousands.
I despise her.
And before I forget, FRK should fk right back off to Norway. That girl
is vapid, vacuous and profoundly boring.
Her Views are WAY down since she left the “Shitshow”. She’s probably not manifesting very much cash right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
One day I went to the shop to find all they had in the canned food aisle at the end of the day, were 6 cans of butter beans /fava beans. No other cans of anything.
I made hummus with some and a great vegetarian cassoulet with the rest. Both were delicious. We had to be very inventive. Made me appreciate how much we take supermarkets for granted in normal circumstances.
Here in Tassie in lockdown we had a restriction on certain items. So you could buy in a visit one of flour, pasta, tinned tomatoes etc. It was like a war ration. What I did find funny was people sent multiple family members in to buy items. Ever seen a 12 year old with cash buy flour LOL! I did...

You are right !!! They have no clue.

Afghanistan ? What a looooovely name ! Can I buy some for Lalaaaaande ? It would be paaaaarrfect for the Graaaand Salon !
LOL and this :" I hear they do lovely rugs - what a treat for the downstairs loo if I can get a mat from the Afghans - never knew dogs could weave..amazzzing"

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Cooz?🤣 This place is an education 🤣
It is 😂😂
I also love the words we all use differently. I’ve been brave enough recently to ask when a word is used differently to what we would usually use in the UK and the responses are polite and often spark a discussion. This is what I love about being here. Although the infiltrators never mention that do they.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I had an aga in the first home I bought in Tassie I had NO idea how it all worked. It had a wet back - so heated the hot water. I could not stand it in the summer so had to switch back to electric. It was a witch to keep at an even temp (oven) and the wood I needed was stuff for a dolls house firebox - so small. I was chopping wood and carrying water. I thought it would be so good - I could be off grid - I was out of my mind. Never again! I had a kitchen twice the size of the cottage and when that thing was burning hot - it was like Satan was sitting on the thermostat - I had to open doors - in WINTER! LOL
Oh no. Poor you. Sounds awful. This kind of system is better suited to a cooler wetter climate like the UK, and not to a small house. We would not use our range in summer, but switched our boiler over to electric just to heat up the water. It was great the rest of the year though, especially cold wet winters.

Reactions: 8
I think this is the whole point.
So many of us started watching in the beginning because of the chateau renovation and the apparent realities of daily chateau life at the time, but her vlogging has become almost nothing to do with the chateau any more (apart from endless purchasing of tat) and has just morphed into the tra-la-la Stephanie Show ✨ and her version of 'life'.
At least that's why I've become jaded with her and her carry on.
Plus of course the gross mismanagement of funds, creative accounting takes on a whole new dimension in the Stepha-verse.
Thank you. Exactly. Exaty why I started watching and exactly why I peek and fast forward to the whole thing. I also thought - yay - by watching these fun videos i am helping keeping her business afloat during covid. Yup - whatever - it is certainly not that any more.... I give her 3 years tops- maybe she could squeeze in 5 - with all of thos late to the dance... after that- bye bye

Reactions: 12
Yes, it was said with sarcasm. ;)
Burrr nar doh
Grrande sallon
Pattrion
Spode
Fllip
Amaaaazing
Paarrfect

Easy!

She'll be a grand lass when she says gravy properly and jam butty. 😀🤣

I may be tempted to watch.
Don’t do it!
Phyllis was at Snort Level 11 for most of the video.
SJ clearly forgot that if you are up before noon (damn jet lag) one needs to wear sunblock if one ventures outdoors. Be ready for more of her face to be slowly sliding South.

Reactions: 10
Oh no. Poor you. Sounds awful. This kind of system is better suited to a cooler wetter climate like the UK, and not to a small house. We would not use our range in summer, but switched our boiler over to electric just to heat up the water. It was great the rest of the year though, especially cold wet winters.
Ya know how we always say, things are a learning curve. I cut my teeth on Tassie gardening in that property. It has served me well - that place had clay soil. Now I have loam and what a difference..my back loves me!

The neighbors very fast dog ate my Aga. Along with all the chickens.
Brilliant!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Here in Tassie in lockdown we had a restriction on certain items. So you could buy in a visit one of flour, pasta, tinned tomatoes etc. It was like a war ration. What I did find funny was people sent multiple family members in to buy items. Ever seen a 12 year old with cash buy flour LOL! I did...

LOL and this :" I hear they do lovely rugs - what a treat for the downstairs loo if I can get a mat from the Afghans - never knew dogs could weave..amazzzing"
We had similar restrictions too. But not on less popular items. That's how I managed to get 6 tins of butter beans. They were on. sale as they couldn't get rid of them 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Do you think her and Phyllis even care that her viewers were disgusted with her title choice today?
Of course not. The fact that she thinks she can make jokes about something as serious as this should tell us all which finger she will put up when it comes to other people's misery...

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I still reckon that Michael Potts is Tandoori, as he wanted a Tandoori oven at Lalalande. Plus the Dutch GP has finished so he has time to visit Tattle.
Hey Potts, get back to editing your photos!
And no offense- but did he make that book on shutterfly? 🤣🤣🤣 or one of those place where you enter the photos a d yoi can pretend it's a real book.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I found this comment on Billy’s vlog…I wonder what that “certain gossip website” is? 🤔. No one is making it worse…just pointing out the obvious. MPK makes the decisions. I think little brother needs to step in to assist MPK…maybe talk sense into him.

View attachment 751100
(y) 😄 We're making it worse!?! I knew it was our fault all along. Where is partyboy looking at dolphins at the moment? Jikki give us the news!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.