The Chateau Diaries #61 Loud, in your face and gaudy, it rather sums up the chatelaine!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I liked Selmar a lot, I think he is a generous, kind soul. He's much more talented than MP. When Selmar started grifting I lost all respect for him. His vlogs are tedious at best. But I am cautiously happy for him. I hope it works out, but Tatyana is sending out major warning flags.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I see all these YouTube comments about MPK’s talents and knowledge…like he’s DaVinci or something. That’s extreme to say the least. To be fair, he does have talents… I have to say he does a good job with filming and editing, and his shots of the chateau grounds set to music, as well as the drone shots, have been beautiful. And his artwork is nice….not groundbreaking, but nice. What work has been done on the cottage is also nice (thanks largely to Sean and Pa…but MPK made the design decisions). However, I’ve found that his “extensive knowledge” is superficial at best…really, just tidbits of info that anyone could pick up with a quick search. A “jack of all trades but master of none” comes to mind. He IS an expert with the Aga…he has more in-depth knowledge about that stove than anyone except the Aga factory! He could probably get a job as a sales rep for them!
Surely the point is this: Talent, creativity, experience is only worth anything to yourself or to anyone else if you use it. And he does not use his consistently. The odd flash of genius is no good to anyone without resilience. It isn't Doing it Ourselves he ought to call his channel, nor even Putting Me First. It is Putting Myself First and To Hell with Everyone Else. He is 35. I don't believe he knows that much about Agas. But if he does, I wish he would get a job with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree with you on all of it. The room at the Duomo place was a bargain at the price - I would have stayed there. But, I think Steph should not have eaten a 7 course taster menu with wine flight at lunchtime that cost 250 euros because that is going too far. Or have it, but just don't vlog about it. If I were advising her: She would be advising her patrons that she was keeping aside twenty per cent of her earnings from Youtube to pay towards the chateau herself. She would also stop the GAG and say that she was paying $500 a month herself to a different charity each month and invite viewers to match that with smaller contributions and name the givers as it seems to be the acknowledgement that makes them happy. She would also state that gifts of cash during the live would be kept and not spent - and that these would be put towards the future maintenance and staffing of the chateau. She would make clear that Potts was paying 10 per cent of the running costs of the chateau and Nic 40 per cent. (Not the renovations, just the bills they were paying before all this started). Finally, Gerry would be paying for the renovations of his own apartment and once he has moved in, a rent sufficient to cover the running costs of it.
Well, everything you stated makes perfect SENSE!👍👍👌👌
But Fanny and company have NONE!!
Therein lies our dissatisfaction.

Reactions: 15
I wonder if SJ and Tatyana will barely meet? She needs a house sitter, Nati will probably travel home for the winter after B&B is closed and she and her support squirrel will be traveling most of the time.
Good point. They would be performing a useful role for SJ and SS. And they would have their own chateau for six months of the year. Seems ideal.

Reactions: 8
View attachment 749506

Seethevolcane is bitter. Perhaps he wasn't allowed in the sand pit.
I do believe we are more than 15 people on Tattle, yet I do get déjà vu from hearing that expression... 🧐
Brenda is that you? 🧐🧐🧐
I guess, Hell hath no fury like a Dear Brenda scorned.
she or he has a good nom de plume....seethevolcane......i guess in no time is gonna explode..... btw stupid and delusional misfits...uhm...the pot is calling the kettle black...

• Haha
  • Heart
I think Michael did work for AGA in England. I worry he's headed for a Brian Epstein end - an overdose. He certainly has the same addiction Brian had to mean straight boys. He certainly has a sex addiction that controls everything he does. Sex, hustlers and drugs will not end well for him, but he can't control himself. He can't stop himself from spending the YouTube and Patreon money on these things.
Yes, thanks for that reminder…I do recall he said in an earlier vlog he worked for Aga at one time. I can’t comment about drug use because I don’t know for sure (although the signs are there). He may have a sex addiction, but he seems to genuinely want a relationship with someone. To me, it all boils down to a level of immaturity and inability to make good decisions. A lack of focus, and acting in the short term without considering long term consequences. I keep saying to myself “MPK, what were you thinking?” And, the problem with Patreon money is that no one has any idea what he’s really using it for. Cottage? Meth? Hookers? We need a speadsheet! With percentages!!! 😆

Reactions: 14
omg i cannot keep up..not even with the vlogs...I guess i have to sell my part in the the place..move to the Bourgogne permanently and become a full time tattler....do you think its possible i can get patreons... :rolleyes: its a nice place..maybe i can sit under a tree and make some commentvlogs....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I wonder if SJ and Tatyana will barely meet? She needs a house sitter, Nati will probably travel home for the winter after B&B is closed and she and her support squirrel will be traveling most of the time.
my thoughts as well.

I suspect SJ is hoping tatty has some managerial skills, with the intent tats and Selmar will run the place while SJ lives her best life.

SJ will make nice.

Reactions: 7
YouTube suggested a U.S. home restoration channel to me that I've been enjoying, so I thought some of you with a love of old homes might too. A married couple (in their 50's) from Arkansas are currently restoring 4 Victorian-era homes in the southern U.S. The houses had been abandoned and were in horrible shape. They do the majority of the work themselves. They both have full-time jobs, so they do the restoration work on the weekends (he's in advertising, she's a bridal gown designer). They don't have Patreon (yet, anyway). The channel is "Our Restoration Nation" if you want to check it out.
I had watched them for bit last year but stopped when one of the houses burnt to the ground after a lightning strike. A GoFundMe ensued to try and recoup their investment in it. They should have had builders insurance on it but never received the dec pages and there was a possibility of suing the insurance agent.
Also, they concentrate on saving slave owner Era homes. I feel like most of those should crumble into dust.

Reactions: 6
He is the Aga Master and very little else. His art skills are average and his vlog making is tedious - 3 days and 3 vlogs to paint a door. These grannies are seduced by the Peterick blue eyes.
I thought his Aga rap was mental.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'll wager that Selmar and Tatiana will soon be begging for money to fund their love nest. Selmar already has a chateau picked out and he will want Tatiana to be his Queen. She probably sees herself as the next Stephanie. Selmar has said over and over again that he wants his own chateau - that's his dream - one with a ballroom. Tatiana will be his tango partner.

Reactions: 13
my thoughts as well.

I suspect SJ is hoping tatty has some managerial skills, with the intent tats and Selmar will run the place while SJ lives her best life.

SJ will make nice.
I will be very sad if she manages to oppress them even further than she already has Selmar.
The tango instruction duo living in a camper at Lalande. How too awful is that?

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Michael is not creative, he is a copiest. He does not have any original ideas of his own. If he was really an artist he'd be creating things, which he isn't. He plays piano butI have no idea how good he is.

• Haha
Let's not forget, Tatyana was a fan of Selmar's and sought him out. Bellow, is how she describes herself on her YT bio. She was thanked, by Selmar, for setting up his Patreon account. May 4th, Mrs. Hill Duin 🤔 To me, she seems to have an agenda. I will reserve judgement for now. Time will tell.

Tatyana Valda Belinda Hill
46 subscribers

ABOUT
Description Independent Producer/ Indie TV Presenter/ Content Producer of Television Programing(Factual)

Queens day before & Kings day now
May 4, 2021
comments...

4 months ago
You're so cute. 🇳🇱 My future mother-in-law is looking fabulous! 😏

Selmar Duin

Hide 2 replies

Selmar Duin
Selmar Duin

4 months ago
He beautiful, that sounds so exiting, good and nice. Mrs. Hill Duin X

3 months ago
@Selmar Duin ❤😘

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
[QUOTE Cottage? Meth? Hookers? We need a speadsheet! With percentages!!! 😆
[/QUOTE]
Thread title candidate ^^^^

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.