The Chateau Diaries #53 The liar, the tit and the wardrobe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Penitent corner can be resurrected. šŸ˜‡ Three hail Mary's and a watch of Selmar's vlogs for a week, should sort out any problems.
Personally never a big fan, it was Trotter boys cry me a vlog that sent me here. The missus is the one who slavishly watched. In fact, I just realised. I have probably watched more since joining this site!!! šŸ˜±
She doesn't own any Shittoo related paraphernalia though ;)

They are awful and very brazen in their attitude.
Oh Father, please not Selmar's vlogs, only half of one takes a week.
How about I throw away my tiki hut toile sheets, which I slept on until they were rags, and still haven't thrown away, like a good hoarder? One Ryan for a week of Selmar?šŸ˜¬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I am a reeling a bit here to hear Phil and Angelina were renting; I always assumed they were owners. I lost interest when they became self-pitying during a tough financial time. But this compounds the situation substantially, for me. I agree, lowest of the low, just money grabbing on the chateau bandwagon.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am a reeling a bit here to hear Phil and Angelina were renting; I always assumed they were owners. I lost interest when they became self-pitying during a tough financial time. But this compounds the situation substantially, for me. I agree, lowest of the low, just money grabbing on the chateau bandwagon.
They are renting. They did not buy the chateau they are living in. I do not know the terms of the rental, but think some element of the rental or lease of it is doing some improvements. They are grifters and chancers.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
They are renting. They did not buy the chateau they are living in. I do not know the terms of the rental, but think some element of the rental or lease of it is doing some improvements. They are grifters and chancers.
Really? omg thats so bad! I thought it was bad enough that they were pushing so hard for cash, but knowing that its just to fulfill a rent agreement (probably super cheap rent if they agreed to repair and do maintenance) so they can live there on the cheap is gross :confused:

Ah, with me it is what you don't see is what you get! :ROFLMAO: šŸ‘ŒšŸ· It would be hilarious to call in to a zoom or teams with everyone here, then we all had to guess who is who...I fear I would be far too easy to spot. And not because of my long blonde hair, foxy legs and laughter! I have a theory now of one of the names Stephanie may be here under...but I am not sure. Give me a hint blondie! Sorry we're discussing your life, but feel free to discuss us too! She's a true patreon of Tattle when she starts talking to Dan about his string, then not letting the subject rest. Even I spotted that one. So yes, it would be interesting to see you all, perhaps even fun, and definitely surprising (bound to be a few!) but it is unlikely to happen, and if it ever does the Daily Hate Mail is not getting an invite. I remember when I had to read Albert Camus books at school, something about a blind girl who killed herself when she could finally see...and what she saw was terrible. vaguely. Never liked French literature much, kill me!
I am so f*cking American I can be in the DAR without an application (kidding-they require you provide your pedigree-seriously-Iā€™m not a horse ladies, but I do have the pedigree and the papers to boot-just not the white lady attitude to be a member-my purple hair gives me away)

like @Gibson I wasnā€™t a fan of Fanny but did watch the boy genius until his ā€itā€™s not me -itā€™s youā€ wreck of a vlog-came here right after and then watched several back vlogs of Fanny-still donā€™t know who Hanni isā€¦

Reactions: 9
contd: I found this article:
Philip and Angelina Baillie-Smith, two London estate agents in their 30s, are currently leasing 13-bedroom Chateau du Bailleul in the Loire for less than they make renting out their three-bedroom flat in London Bridge. "Following your dream is an amazing thing but what if youā€™ve sunk every penny you have into the dream and it turns out you donā€™t like the reality?" says Philip.

ā€œTransaction costs for property sales are very high in France and itā€™s a much slower market than the UK, itā€™s not uncommon for properties to be for sale for years, so jumping in both feet first could land you in financial trouble if you change your mind and want to sell.

"Plus, living in a Chateau, after a while when the novelty wears off you see things you never thought would bother you at first when you were thinking with your heart not your head!"
Philip continues to sound a cautionary note as he points out that although the chateau costs less to rent than their London home, the running costs are significantly higher, making the chateau something of a "money pit destined to bankrupt you".

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I watched "It's a wonderful life" with Anna doing a tour of their new property which seems to have a lot of potential. Her voice was so quiet that they had to use sub-titles but at least, she seemed more like an adult and wasn't using the baby girl voice that she always used when talking to him. I can't see why they have to call themselves Master Peter and Miss Anna. Even if they use those names in private, why tell the public? There is something odd and slightly creepy about them but I admire them for not having a Patron account. Their general knowledge isn't brilliant. I had to laugh at her thinking that Muntjac deer are called "Monk Jacks" and he thinks that Araldite adhesive is "Arudite"!
well I donā€™t think any of us thought they were great thinkers-just sweet nerds tryinā€™ their best

I bet though their families are quite happy about patreon and buy me a coffee because otherwise those beggars would ask them for money. šŸ˜‚ What is it that people rather ask publicly for money instead of minimizing costs, selling stuff or trying to earn some extra money with a side job?

They've never presented themselves as renters on their vlog. I guess if you came across their YT channel by chance like I did, you'd never know. Thanks Tattle! Financially it would make sense to lease a heap instead of buying but damn....they never should have gone the Patreon or buy a coffee route! What grifters.

contd: I found this article:
Philip and Angelina Baillie-Smith, two London estate agents in their 30s, are currently leasing 13-bedroom Chateau du Bailleul in the Loire for less than they make renting out their three-bedroom flat in London Bridge. "Following your dream is an amazing thing but what if youā€™ve sunk every penny you have into the dream and it turns out you donā€™t like the reality?" says Philip.

ā€œTransaction costs for property sales are very high in France and itā€™s a much slower market than the UK, itā€™s not uncommon for properties to be for sale for years, so jumping in both feet first could land you in financial trouble if you change your mind and want to sell.

"Plus, living in a Chateau, after a while when the novelty wears off you see things you never thought would bother you at first when you were thinking with your heart not your head!"
Philip continues to sound a cautionary note as he points out that although the chateau costs less to rent than their London home, the running costs are significantly higher, making the chateau something of a "money pit destined to bankrupt you".
okay these two I disliked fro the started-yuck just yuck

Reactions: 9
They have conned themselves into a caretaker job, which they have to pay for, and now try to con cash out of their patreons and coffee buyers. I would be too ashamed to look the camera in the eye.

They've never presented themselves as renters on their vlog. I guess if you came across their YT channel by chance like I did, you'd never know. Thanks Tattle! Financially it would make sense to lease a heap instead of buying but damn....they never should have gone the Patreon or buy a coffee route! What grifters.
You are so right.

Reactions: 12
Steph's clothes seem to go from one extreme to the other with nothing normal in between. She either wears clothes that are too small, too short and too revealing or ones which are too long, too frumpy and too ageing. That green, yellow and pink dress which she seems to wear on numerous occasions without washing, is about 3 sizes too big and makes her look like an old lady. Why can't she find a style more in fitting with her age, rather than going from teenagers' mini skirts to OAP frump?

I noticed BJJ coming to life and finding the spell on how to kill your mother in law, very amusing! He is still snorting and commentating while filming!

Ivo speaks far too quickly and although he has some interesting possessions, he clearly also has an acquisitive obsessive condition. Surely some of those objects should be in their original countries or in museums. Ivo knows a great deal but If he ever does guided tours or gives presentations, it must be excruciating to have to sit and listen to him for ages.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
my baseball team is wining a game and my favorite young pitcher is pitching a No-No in the 7th

I just realized this is off topic but Iā€™m not deleting cause itā€™s cool and Iā€™m nervous and excited

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Waiting for the next Chateau du Bailleul "premiere" šŸ™„ I'll just bet that hardly anyone watching will know they're sending ā‚¬Ā£$ to scammers. The jig is up, PhillieeeeešŸ§šŸ˜”

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Haven't a clue what you talking about, is baseball a bit like cricket? Just less structured?
šŸ˜ oh no you didnt- well the only thing I know about cricket is what I saw on Downtown Abbey-and our boys donā€™t wear sweet white sweaters and trousers-and they sure as tit need a cup when them come sliding into a base for a steal

and sooooo many rules my friend so many-Iā€™m still learning and Iā€™ve been a fan all my life
D7535053-3831-4A65-A2A1-62036B636F88.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
šŸ˜ oh no you didnt- well the only thing I know about cricket is what I saw on Downtown Abbey-and our boys donā€™t wear sweet white sweaters and trousers-and they sure as tit need a cup when them come sliding into a base for a steal

and sooooo many rules my friend so many-Iā€™m still learning and Iā€™ve been a fan all my life
I say less structured cos your sentence ended with 7th... 7th what - ball, over, batsman, bowler?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.