The Chateau Diaries #51 Peeing on Dan's marbles instead of polishing their own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think MP went to Oxford, just Nic, Ollie and Steph. I think the Jarvis clan met MP and his family through having a house in South Africa where he comes from. His mother lives there and IJ, SJ, etc., visited her when they were last in SA and she attended Percy and IJ's wedding in France.
I wonder where the South African connection comes from.in the first place.I.know they have a house there,but why South Africa?

Reactions: 4
She is just useless. I guess it will be "run back home to the SHITOO" for the little twit.

1. Who borrows a apartment?
2. Where are said apartment dwellers to go while she borrows it.
3. What 30 year old supposed world traveler, does not have a friend to couch surf for a few weeks?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
From the comments of yesterdays CD flog...
Robin, are you Anna or Peter??? :unsure:

Robin
10 hours ago (edited)
Stephanie, There is a British couple named Anna and Peter who had a Chateau and lost it due to the pandemic ruining their careers. They are sweet, creative, slightly eccentric, seemingly wonderful people— just like yourself and all the good souls you attract to Lalande. This is a stretch—a long shot— but they just filmed their last day at their Chateau, after putting their hearts and souls into refurbishing it, and are absolutely heartbroken that they had to sell it due to this wretched pandemic. It appears to me they could use some local friends, and a big dose of camaraderie and support. They are moving to a country home, somewhere in southern France. I just thought perhaps you could reach out to them, watch their channel, and send them some words of encouragement, or perhaps invite them to Lalande for a day or two. You are inarguably the “Queen” of Chateau owners, and have such a big heart. I watch their channel and they seem like such lovely, warm, interesting people. It has been hard watching their heartbreak. I thought of you and imagined how your reaching out to them, being that you have so much in common, might be an awesome thing. ❤
miriam taylor
4 hours ago
Their Channel is called" Its a wonderful Life," I think they are moving nearer to Her than the south of France. I was in floods of tears watching this vlog this morning!
The Suburban Chateau
1 hour ago
I’m afraid to watch their latest vlog- my heart aches for them.
'Mother Theresa Stephaneeeeeee please reach out to Peter and Anna and help them'. Oh wait , Didn't they said they would never beg for money, ask for Patreons, Buy me a Coffee????? 'Stuff em then' said Stephaneeeeeee 'they aint on board.
My heart aches for these Superfans, especially 'The Suburban Chateau' 🤷‍♀️🤔:rolleyes:🤣

Reactions: 6
I cannot agree with you here. They did not take any money from anyone. They are making vlogs. True, they are earning money from it. However, it must be very upsetting to have to give up your dream and downsize. They had a lot of offers of financial assistance they declined. They have fallen on their swords when they could have accepted the help and stayed where they were. They lost out because they wanted to be honorable and stick to their principles. Can we not cut them some slack? All they are doing is showing their heartbreak. They are not asking for anything. I do agree, they seem to have a lot of possessions...but it is natural to cling onto what you have when you are losing so much. Personally, I wish them well.
I agree. But there is nothing wrong with accepting Patreon money if you are using it as you proposed and spend it wisely and not frivolously. People seem to not just want to watch, but participate and help in these restorations. Who are we to say that these people are fools for doing so? Transparency is the key. FWIW, I also don't think that folks accepting Patreon money need to live the lives of austere monks either - they have a right to buy themselves things, have savings and take holidays - they are entitled to earn a living as part of entertaining us. It all comes down to following thru on what you've promised.

Reactions: 8
This just popped up. 😆
Chateau Unwrapped!4 minutes ago
Hello lovely people!! The uploading of tonight’s video has been stuck on processing for the past hour and a half... As soon as it finishes I’ll set the premiere. Please keep an eye out ❤ See you there! X
Hope it stays stuck....but what WILL the charities DO????? Oh wait, money never gets to a charity for MONTHS AND MONTHS ANYWAY!!!! So no skin off their nose.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Mo does electrical work? yet they bring in the electrician (or what we are made to believe is one-don’t know his qualifications) for the cottage? and does Mo pay rent? does Sadie pay rent? does Michael pay rent? do Ma & Pa pay rent? do Titi and Blythe pay rent?

Unless they all have bought in to the Château if they don’t pay rent or something as equal I’m pretty sure Gwen would get really really pissy! Perhaps not for your husband’s parents but for your husband’s brother and his boyfriend and his sister and her kids and her boyfriend that might get old

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She is just useless. I guess it will be "run back home to the SHITOO" for the little twit.
She has a monthly income now so why can't she jolly well rent something? She has a nerve to beg for somewhere to stay when she's living off proceeds from begging as well! She's probably living in Miranda's house for most of the month and then has to wait a couple more weeks before returning to France. Is she actually doing anything to set up her business at all? What was the point of coming to the UK just for a very short time, doing next to nothing, and looking for free accommodation? I don't think she has any intention of setting up a proper business. I think she's just going to attempt to make her living from social media and drifting round the country staying with chateau-related friends and relatives. I wonder if she paid any rent to SJ's cousin when she was living in her house? Because of Brexit, it will probably be illegal for her to stay here for more than 3 months at a time as well. If she has no flower business and I doubt if she'll get any wedding work in the UK, she really didn't need to buy a vehicle at all!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I also imagine that MP is a bit younger than SJ. Ollie and Nic.
He looks younger, although I have never seen baghead to compare. Just another toyboy? :ROFLMAO: Perhaps SJ raised or mothered them, hence they cannot escape mothers influence. That would make IJ their granny..:cool:

Reactions: 2
Ivo is a bit shocked by Nostril's snorting and decides he's lost his appetite. Besides, his friend Stephanie seems to need a servant. Time to get back to the museum, just need to say hello to the bats in the attic first. 🦇

440956.jpg
🦇

• Haha
Reactions: 15
1. Who borrows a apartment?
2. Where are said apartment dwellers to go while she borrows it.
3. What 30 year old supposed world traveler, does not have a friend to couch surf for a few weeks?
Koo koo FRK!
And WHY did she not figure out housing BEFORE she went????
If I have to hear her say she worked " in the corporate world" one more time....!!!!!!!!!
She cannot get herself out of a paper bag!
Corporate world. What. A. Joke.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wonder where the South African connection comes from.in the first place.I.know they have a house there,but why South Africa?
I thought that they got the south africa place when her parents went to Sa to meet Potty’s parents and they really loved it out there. She said in one of her early vlogs. Think she met Potty in the uk.

Reactions: 15
She has a monthly income now so why can;t she jolly well rent something? She has a nerve to beg for somewhere to stay when she's living off begging as well!
Good point! I forgot she gets Patreon $$ and You tube revenue too!!!
What is wrong with HER....WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????? ( Too many carbs)

Reactions: 7
I thought that they got the south africa place when her parents went to Sa to meet Potty’s parents and they really loved it out there. She said in one of her early vlogs. Think she met Potty in the uk.
Compared to UK prices, SA property prices are very affordable.

Reactions: 3
This just popped up. 😆
Chateau Unwrapped!4 minutes ago
Hello lovely people!! The uploading of tonight’s video has been stuck on processing for the past hour and a half... As soon as it finishes I’ll set the premiere. Please keep an eye out ❤ See you there! X
And there it is -Unwrapping with Cara and Nutty! Yay! (y) :) 😝

I HATE them, making Cara sit on a too small chair, she looks sooo uncomfortable all squeezed in behind the low table, Snorty's expensive teaset, and huge parcels. Grrrr!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
So, I Gargled/Googled Petherick and found some that may not have been so useless, probably on Pa's side:

Somewhere, the genes seem to have blown a gasket.
Are we playing Jeopardy?

For $1000, the category is "Pethericks--the genes seem to have been blown a basket."
Easy....the answer is: Who is Sherri Petherick?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.