The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The appalling scenes about food poisoning in last night's vlog. So unprofessional in front of guests.
Yes, the teasing of Dan in the kitchen is typical of British humour, and we enjoy the banter,. I've worked in kitchens, it's typical workplace humour. British humour is mostly based on sarcasm. A lot of people don't get it and think it's bullying, but it's based on being as creative, humorous and outrageous as possible with insults. The person recieving the banter responds in equal measure and everyone enjoys themselves. It's usually only done with people you have a great relationship with, love and respect. If you don't like someone, or don't know them well, or they are very sensitive, going through an emotional time, you wouldn't do it as it would then be bullying.
However, it was appalling to carry it on in front of the guests. Not professional. You do not expect jokes about food poisoning when you are eating a meal. It's not done. Extremely rude. It's juvenile behaviour.
Poor Dan went along with the joke, but he must have been mortified, though being British he wouldn't admit it. I wonder if he'll
find excuses next time they ask him.
Was Stephanie drunk? Was Philip the instigator?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
So BJJ isolates for days so he can pick up his sick friend. She is dumped in marquis apt where "they will cook for themselves". But then Philip is back in kitchen, dining and entry hall interacting with the others. And leaves it until last minute to pick flowers. How ridiculous.
His 'self isolation' has been used several times online to showcase him being such a good friend, such a wonderful and kind person, while in fact he is putting his friend in great risk. That's not ridiculous, it's pathetic and reprehensible and should account to his true character.

Wait wait!!

Am I crazy? I thought Teabag was uploading daily videos starting today? (He also said he was starting last Monday (August 2) as well??) Can anyone confirm I'm not losing my mind?
I'm sure he's preparing all seven daily vlogs before putting out the first, desperately trying to prevent having to break yet another promise. Delaying the actual timeline is his only chance of regaining some control, as his backstabbing bff SJ must have told him.

Frank's still posting to low-key complain about it. He would probably love to vent.
I doubt that very much. They have been made aware of us tattlers months ago, yet he hasn't joined. As far as I can tell, that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Except it's no joke, at all. With his reckless and careless behavior he is making a mockery of people who do take this disease serious. I thoroughly hope it will open the eyes of some of the superfans, it's about time they realize it's not all love and laughter at the HMN, it's grab and grifting and all strategies are allowed, even stupid negligence and ignorance.

Hear hear. But with all their laugh and laughter they will probably argue they mean well, that is what counts. No, you morons, responsible behavior counts and is what will eventually get us all out of this mess, no thanks to you lot. There really are no more excuses for their stupidity.

My feelings exactly. This was the sequel to the -grief-and-cry-in-the-church misery she put out a few weeks ago, which landed her so much praise and comfort from her super fans. Snorty wheeling his grandfather into every sentence is for exactly the same reason, it's just obscene and perverse, you are so right about that. You can see their thoughts of money shining through their fake sobbing.
Its so cringy, and so manipulative. Its not genuine grief after all this time If it is they need grief counselling.
Stop with the fake misery Stephanie and Philip. Can't we just have one episode where you don't mention your father/grandfather? . I lost my parents young. You move on. Get a grip the pair of you and stop using tears to elicit sympathy and money. I've recently been to the funeral of someone who died unexpectedly at the age of 30, that's tragedy

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Anyone who shows total ignorance of real life and what being successful is all about.

I am still astounded anyone thinks filming crying ramblings displaying mental development issues, uploading it where it exists FOREVER is a successful life.
She literally stated that the fact that she's still alive means she is successful. Could that bar go any lower?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Did anyone see the recent Patreon video.. In that Stephanie mentions about Tatiana who is selmar's gf for the past 6 months.. They have never met.. And September is the first time she is meeting selmar... And will be Introduced to selmar's mother and then brought to lalande to introduce to the rest... One thing i can agree with Stephanie on this.. Stephanie is very skeptical of this girl and tells selmar to be careful
Girl? More likely to be some guy with a computer in a darkened room playing Selmar to extract his money.

I suspect the "meeting" with Tatiana in Holland will be delayed at the last minute because Tats hasn't got the money for the fare/her mother has been taken ill/she's had a gallbladder relapse and could darling Selmar send money now? I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
the chalk could be for place cards for the table settings.
Also, I dont see Dan doing the cooking ever again after that fiasco. sj spent too much time away from her guests to inspect each moment of the prep process. why spend time at the shinto when he could be with his family? also where is his vlog today!!?? He was getting a surprise yesterday!!
In his own vlog about the cooking, Dan mentioned not having had the time to film himself plating the food, so he had to ask SJ for pictures of how it turned out. We now know what really happened: SJ ruined his rough material by standing in front of his camera all the time, filming him herself while constantly talking down on him and his skills, not just as a chef but as a vlogger as well. Instead of handing in her shots (as she expects him to hand in the drone shots he makes of the HMN) she threw him some lousy photographs and used the filmed stuff to mock him. Deplorable.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
However, it was appalling to carry it on in front of the guests. Not professional. You do not expect jokes about food poisoning when you are eating a meal. It's not done. Extremely rude. It's juvenile behaviour.
Poor Dan went along with the joke, but he must have been mortified, though being British he wouldn't admit it. I wonder if he'll
So agree with you!

Reactions: 16
As we speak 🗣
SSB and snorts are in Italy 🇮🇹
With bag head and Marie
And Vivian
No surprise. As I mentioned yesterday, SJ's longtime friend Kim Raad, the one who was supplying her with pocket money in her horrible poor years, is at the HMN at the moment and SJ usually makes a point of avoiding her. Kim has long been the guinea pig for SJ's grifting without any effort or give something back in return, perfecting this game to use on her generous patrons.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
And just why in heavens name have they gone to Italy? They really ought to be blacklisted from 99% of the EU and 100% from the rest of the free world. Stephanie you idiot, there's still a pandemic going on! I'll bet they won't quarantine themselves when they return to the chateau, either. Good thing Percy can't get a visa just now because you know he and IJ could fall ill from all of Stephanie's and Phillips stupidity.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
In his own vlog about the cooking, Dan mentioned not having had the time to film himself plating the food, so he had to ask SJ for pictures of how it turned out. We now know what really happened: SJ ruined his rough material by standing in front of his camera all the time, filming him herself while constantly talking down on him and his skills, not just as a chef but as a vlogger as well. Instead of handing in her shots (as she expects him to hand in the drone shots he makes of the HMN) she threw him some lousy photographs and used the filmed stuff to mock him. Deplorable.
I will assume that Dan has now made it on SJ's personal blacklist.

Reactions: 15
This is very true. I hope he does snap very soon as it would be epic. If he didn’t have kids, for sure it’d happened by now but something changes the chemicals in the brain and you think of them first.

Stephanie clearly very jealous about Dan’s €2k vlogging camera. I think she completely underestimated him. When he got the job, she probably thought he’s a rough and ready gardener - zero threat but will prune my bushes. 100% looks down at him and beneath her based on class and upbringing.

She probably encouraged him to start vlogging a year ago. Now he’s Daily Dan the Manomano! A rogue beast out of control in the chateau-verse. He has all the gear and is editing in real time compared to her lazy (week late) self.

It’s a classic, she knows, he knows and he knows, she knows he knows. But we’ll just play along like it’s aaalllll fine.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
British Humour. Not necessarily the best tactic to make your BnB guests enjoy their food! :ROFLMAO:
But surely NOT mention poisoning at least three times, or four, after every course?!!:mad:
Noticed that too - it was a rather strange way to address the guests being led like lambs to the slaughter. Food poisioning NOT going to happen with DAN SJ - he kept well away from your kitchen to prep that lot. It was actually a very weird vlog all round - was that her 'revenge'on Dan moment ? Can think of better ones Fanny.

I will assume that Dan has now made it on SJ's personal blacklist.
I think she was having a go at being ironic to serve him at his vlog piss take on the catty shatty - it failed.

It's a youtuber thing I guess.It can be worse actually...like adopting a kid for views and then getting rid of him like a piece of furniture
she is adopting full grown adults for viewa and gets rid of them when not needed anymore - marie, selmar, thomas, ............

• Heart
The appalling scenes about food poisoning in last night's vlog. So unprofessional in front of guests.
Yes, the teasing of Dan in the kitchen is typical of British humour, and we enjoy the banter,. I've worked in kitchens, it's typical workplace humour. British humour is mostly based on sarcasm. A lot of people don't get it and think it's bullying, but it's based on being as creative, humorous and outrageous as possible with insults. The person recieving the banter responds in equal measure and everyone enjoys themselves. It's usually only done with people you have a great relationship with, love and respect. If you don't like someone, or don't know them well, or they are very sensitive, going through an emotional time, you wouldn't do it as it would then be bullying.
Was Stephanie drunk? Was Philip the instigator?
I think Stephanie had a tummy churning after eating rhubarb and earl grey tea jam, peanuts and crisps = all the while waiting for real food to arrive. Knew where she was coming from trying at banter - Agree - felt a bit off when guests hear it...heavens imagine if any of them did get sick LOL?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
she is adopting full grown adults for viewa and gets rid of them when not needed anymore - marie, selmar, thomas, ............
Sadly, these adults are really children themselves. But there is no doubt, they are there to serve her purposes.

• Heart
Its so cringy, and so manipulative. Its not genuine grief after all this time If it is they need grief counselling.
Stop with the fake misery Stephanie and Philip. Can't we just have one episode where you don't mention your father/grandfather? . I lost my parents young. You move on. Get a grip the pair of you and stop using tears to elicit sympathy and money. I've recently been to the funeral of someone who died unexpectedly at the age of 30, that's tragedy
So sorry love you lost someone so young x

• Sad
  • Heart
did you hear him today when asked if he could carry the “studio lighting around” for Dan,
Squirrel Boys says “but I’m carrying around your plates”
what a slug

View attachment 699084
Dan would and did suss out better angles of the Shitoo, he made it look positively glowing in his vlog.
Also, I noticed he doesn't do 'camera in your face' as a vlogger-unlike Steph. He also has a nicer bit of kit.
Steph could learn a lot.

I would love to tie BJJ to a chair, in his jumpsuit WITHOUT THE BELT!!!!!!, out in the dark woods, by himself with only his woodland creatures to surround him( and possibly eat and chew a leg off while he screams like the little lady he is) and THEN ...drum roll....
SMASH all the plates in front of him!!!!!! 😵 WAIT. WAIT. IT GETS BETTER!!!
And then hot glue all of his granny cutlery to his body!!!
(And the crowd goes wild)!!!!!!
I'm a useless individual 'Get me out of Here...!'
New title for that ever popular game show.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Would someone please explain to me what a “hedge grow” is….or is it just a word from the newly developed FRK language that we will be required to learn in order to comprehend her vlogs (NOT).

Also, she makes it very clear that you must help other people on your way “up” only so that you will have success….
I wonder if she is going to do megan's 40 min of mentoring

• Haha
I did partially watch the vlog re Steve and Sara's new chateau.
And definitely no to the bone orchard in their back yard...
Quiet neighbours, no barbecueing, no ghettoblaster, no complaining about weeds...........

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.