The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t mind her teasing Dan in the kitchen but I thought it was a bridge to far to joke about being poisoned to the guests. Seriously Dan is a chef and it is his reputation. I could see the fear of Marie or Philip or someone else poisoning them! Certainly wasn’t funny and not to mention they are her B&B guests!
Also to leave in the video the use of an actual paintbrush to glaze the deserts was a bit much as well. I loved however how quickly PJJ pivoted the blame to Marie!
I thought the food looked delicious.
Phillip is such a little weasel.
Well his scapegoat is gone now, he'll have to pick on somebody his own size.... 🦔 🐿

what the actual f*ck-did she tell the guests she was going to check Dan wasn’t poisoning them? why why why?

what a nasty witch-no glory for Dan, an actual chef, smdh View attachment 698730
Really, I'm paying you €50 for a meal whose chef you don't trust? This would be your fault, chatelaine, and that you don't know it, film and publish it, and are legally liable in every sense for all of it just shows what a self-destructive asshole you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I feel so sad for self employed people ...... how can they just keep doing this!
I have a girlfriend that was in a supermarket this week and it became a "hot zone"..... she is self isolating at home and the Gov rang her up and came round to test her and ask questions..... today the Health Dept and a Army person arrived at the door to ask if she is living alone ( she does and they know that ) plus she had to the up the nose test again. They were not mucking about with her!
If she is ok ... she will be able to get out next Tuesday .
I have heard many people over the radio say they have come back to Melbourne via plane and no one checked them !!
So .... some places they really go for it and yet .... places like the darn airport they do not !!!
Nuts !!!!
Gosh , Sydney is getting worse.
I know this isn't going to be a popular post, but I honestly feel like the borders in all countries need to be closed until this is contained. At the rate we are going, we will never get there. People just refuse to do the right things, wear a mask, get vaccinated, you know common decency for your fellow humans. The healthcare systems are on the verge of collapse all over the world, nurses, doctors leaving because they are just burned out and who can blame them. The area I live in has a 99% vaccination rate, but other parts of our state have 40%, the farther east you go in our state the dumber they get. I just saw where Sturgis is having their huge biker rally again after last year there were 1000's of cases, but you know "freedom" and all. You just can not fix stupid! I think if you refuse to do the right thing and get the vaccination, you should be denied healthcare, at least in countries that have full access to the vaccine. Thanks for the rant, I hope you all stay safe and healthy and we see the end of this soon. 😷✌

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
I salute all you brave ones who watch the vlogs. Without your bravery, we'd not be on the 50th thread.
I sacrificed myself for your salvation :))
But i admit that i dont have the strenght anymore, it fells like my braincells are dying with every second of the footage

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
*** PHILOSOPHICAL MUSINGS FROM THE CAVE IN THE WILDERNESS ***

Why do the château vloggers make vlogs? Apart from the obvious reason - financial gain -, is there another subconscious reason that the vloggers themselves are not even aware of? All the vloggers share one key characteristic: they are all exiles, mainly from the UK; they are anglophones living in a foreign country, struggling to find an identity in an alien culture with an alien language; and none of them are particularly creative or linguistically proficient in the language of the host society. By making themselves the object of the camera's gaze, are the vlogs a subconscious quest for meaning? A quest for meaning that ultimately fails as their lives have no real meaning. That is in fact what the vlogs convey - that their lives have no real meaning. Perhaps they had no real meaning in their native country and the fact that they are now living in another country has simply made the matter worse. Hence the need to constantly make videos of their lives. They are of course unaware of the lack of meaning in their lives and the videos themselves become the meaning, while in fact documenting lives without meaning. Financial gain will do much to fill this void, but, just as wallpapering over cracks does not remove them, the void will always be there, growing ever larger ...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

Why do the château vloggers make vlogs? Apart from the obvious reason - financial gain -, is there another subconscious reason that the vloggers themselves are not even aware of? All the vloggers share one key characteristic: they are all exiles, mainly from the UK; they are anglophones living in a foreign country, struggling to find an identity in an alien culture with an alien language; and none of them are particularly creative or linguistically proficient in the language of the host society. By making themselves the object of the camera's gaze, are the vlogs a subconscious quest for meaning? A quest for meaning that ultimately fails as their lives have no real meaning. That is in fact what the vlogs convey - that their lives have no real meaning. Perhaps they had no real meaning in their native country and the fact that they are now living in another country has simply made the matter worse. Hence the need to constantly make videos of their lives. They are of course unaware of the lack of meaning in their lives and the videos themselves become the meaning, while in fact documenting lives without meaning. Financial gain will do much to fill this void, but, just as wallpapering over cracks does not remove them, the void will always be there, growing ever larger ...
Vlogging and The New Existentialism: A Treatise by The TaxInspector

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
The title of the Success Stories' vlog about Marie: "The chateau who changed my life"!
Of course. It was a stupid error. I am sure once she has read your post she will correct it: "The chateau what changed my life."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

The void you mention has also been described as the line of despair. It is prevalent in all the world now thanks to the drunks masquerading as philosophers in the last 2 centuries. The adoption of Hegel's notion of synthesis, appropo thesis and anti-thesis, has resulted in this situation. The struggle for meaning has reduced man to be a cog in a machine and we see that clearly in the sycophantic behaviour in the chateau machine. The only values demonstrated are ego and finance, both inadequate to address the state of man. A longwinded highbrow way of saying they are morons with :poop: for brains and can't find values with a lesser temporal value, such as actually doing the renovations cos, after all, the farmhouse is older than any of them. Buying tat does not build a chateau, actually doing work does it, nicely. The irony is she uses the "chateau" to define herself as chatelaine but does not hold it dear. This cannot be self sustaining and the house of cards must fall. I can go on, as I have already, but you hopefully get the point. She must extract her digit and fix the building.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Dear Dan. I enjoyed the Chateau Diaries tonight, particularly because you featured in it. Glad the string that was too short to be of any use, in fact, turned out to be useful after all. My favourite part of your vlog for Thomas's birthday was when you (very gently) placed your children's legs in the lion's mouth. So humorous. Love those glimpses into your family life. More of Annalise as well please. Keep up the good work. The vlog where you took the children to the fair, and bought them a chocolate crepe was really good too.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It wasn't offensive at all Phoenix. She does have a very strange way of pronouncing French words lol! It's very annoying.Quite eccentric. If she was a famous celebrity I could imagine comedians really mocking her. I'm surprised she doesn't turn Philip's name into something drawn out and mispronounced. I wonder if she mispronounces Marie's name because she doesn't like her?
Oh, but she does mispronounce it, his real name is Patrick 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I cannot STAND the little f#@kin' Whippersnapper.
He is a jealous , little whimpering piece of male (? ) DNA.
Have I mentioned this before 🤔 ? Ha!

He is SO envious of Dan because Dan has LIFE SKILLS AND WANTS TO ACQUIRE MORE!!!!!
Unlike Phyllis who wants to be cradled like a baby. Jack P. or Thomas needs to donate their binkys to that ass.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
As a gay (I think) man I must say Annalise is a very very attractive and lovely woman.

I don’t know anything about her, but is she an actress too? Can’t help but to remember that Dan showed a little clip of her from a tv series or so.

Reactions: 25
Kettle's on!! (Is he a builders' tea or Earl Grey kind of diy fiddler...?)
Frequent pint mugs of black tea 😁.
He's just noticed the front gate is creaking so might be delayed. Seriously this man carries a tool kit in his car, and even a small multitool kit in his jacket. He heads straight for the kitchen when we visit anyone and checks for any possible DIY jobs. If he can't find any he heads out into the garden and starts pruning and weeding. In cafes and restaurants he will start mending wobbly tables. He can't sit still. He's like an older version of Dan. If any houses on our street have builders in, he'll be in there helping. I have to drag him out of DIY shops and timber merchants. I'm happy though, there are worse addictions😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
As a gay (I think) man I must say Annalise is a very very attractive and lovely woman.

I don’t know anything about her, but is she an actress too? Can’t help but to remember that Dan showed a little clip of her from a tv series or so.
she was in her youth , yes.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Well I left a comment on the shatoo vlog, let's see how long it lasts before it's deleted 😈

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
You can call me nostradamus. This vlog clearly showed the power struggle between Lalalands most popular vloggers.

I agree I wish Dan went full Gordon Ramsey and slammed her head between two pieces of crispy parmesan and shouted ‘WHAT ARE YOU?!’ SJ replies, ‘Un fromage idiot’

At the same time she can do what she wants and get away with it. She knows Dan can’t fight back, as he’ll end up showering under a piece of tarp in the old bakery shed, once the Chateau money tap is turned off. It’s fascinating viewing and I want more!

Insightful observations on vlogging, meaning of life and money by @TheTaxInspector and @BlackWolf 👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Usually we ALL get colds and manky moments.This year - nothing. Despite the very scary fact a deadly virus could hit our community, bad news..on the whole we have escaped all the winter lurgys!
So true...... my family and friend have not had the flu!!!

Reactions: 9

physical labor (hands dirty) nor intellectual labor (real research) are celebrated-even completion of the current tasks are just “oh it’s done and we move on” or ”it needs to redecorated”

she is filling the void with junk and random people-but there is no emotional commitment to anyone or anything-dare I say not even daddy‘s art-the casualness with which she choose frames for his work stunned me-we may not like it but she claims it is precious to her-but is it?

are the inhabitants the “Lost Boys Of Lalande?”

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.