The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talk about stepping up, it's about time SJ realizes she's losing her first spot in vlog-lala-land. Tonight's episode of her series features Dan the Gardener as her Chef, but that story has been told (and shown) in his own daily vlogs days ago, so we all already know what happened. She's clearly not controlling the narrative anymore!
I felt there were not enough yummy noises in Dan the manomano’s vlog. So I’m looking forward to this sequel and all the OTT giggles from the guests pissed up on cheap bubbles.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If Mojo doesn't mind I can give you a bit of info. The Republic of Ireland passed out the UK last weekend with over 72.4% of the population double vaccinated. Also for the first time last weekend we opened 30 vaccine centres around the country for drop ins - up until then it was by appointment only; register on hub and text appointment notice received, which can be deferred if date doesn't suit. The attendance at the drop ins was brilliant. Mostly 16 & 17 year olds who got Pfizer. Pharmacies have been giving that age group Jansen also. The centres opened at 8am and the queuing started at 6am (credit to the kids who got up so early on a bank holiday weekend). I volunteer at a centre and we should see 2500 people daily who have been given appointments but some days we get poor turn out - sometimes down near 50% - some of these have been given 10 previous appointments. This results in registration and vaccination staff waiting around but costing the country (tax payer) and meanwhile others still waiting for theirs. I believe some centres are opening up for drop ins again this weekend.
Not sure what is right anymore. One of my best friends, since we were 16, had her 2nd. Shot...and it is going very, very bad for her.
I am scared af for, just found out. She has a developmentally disabled son, and he is totally dependent on her. She may not make it.
I am praying hard right now...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Has anyone seen anything about Cara Winsor Hehir landing at Lalande. I went looking couldn’t find anything but I know there are talented sleuths amongst the tattlers. I did see more of her bio and works of art. She is not only a performance artist (from comedy to Shakespeare) but also an artist that does work with textiles. I guess her preferred is wool. Like her very colourful! She is also a lyricist.
Did I dream it or was there a conversation between her and the sewist? I seem to remember a conversation around arrival dates and who would be at the chateau.

If I am remembering correctly then I wonder why Sara and Steve are staying with Vivienne & Simon and not there to greet Cara. I know I would prefer anything other than LaLande.
PS: I also find that German fellow Klaus disturbing. I wonder how they screen people. Didn’t sound like much of a criteria. I would have deadbolts everywhere and I think I would get over my allergy/fear/dislike of dogs and I would have a very large scary one!

I think steve and Sarah are staying with Vivian because of the dogs. Also the German is indeed odd.

Not sure what is right anymore. One of my best friends, since we were 16, had her 2nd. Shot...and it is going very, very bad for her.
I am scared af for, just found out. She has a developmentally disabled son, and he is totally dependent on her. She may not make it.

I was terribly ill on my first moderna shot, sicker than I’ve ever been.

@LonePalm to clarify, I did wonder if Nicki P was angling for patreon money for a new kitchen and it made me feel uncomfortable.
Every time one of them or one of the YouTube channel starts asking or talking about patron they always say our followers begged us to have it

. Why is FRK featuring SJ again for her ’Success Stories’? Once was surely enough! Premiering at 9.pm.

I believe I heard SJ said she was interviewing MW

I was thinking the same thing however the idea that they can't find French craftsmen or that no one in France can do the work is a bit of the stretch. I have been watching the Chateau de Versailles Youtube videos and I am rendered speechless by the artistry and skills demonstrated by the expert gilders, stone masons, etc.
At least the Fleuries use French locals

Not everyone. Some take July and some take August. But it’s not usually a 4 week holiday, workers or self employed artisans can’t afford to have that much holiday. It was just such a whoo haa in earlier threads regarding only English being employed, hence the ‘just s thought’ may have triggered the longer term memories, or else we would be being very hypocritical by condoning one household use of English workers and being critical of others.
Truly haven’t personally had longer than 5 days off in a row since 1997

I felt there were not enough yummy noises in Dan the manomano’s vlog. So I’m looking forward to this sequel and all the OTT giggles from the guests pissed up on cheap bubbles.

Funny about the ooohs and ahhh as if it wasn’t just roast chicken or salmon

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
do you know any details which vaccine how old and what is happening - blood clot?
I had 2nd pfizer a long time ago and many many ppl around me also moderna all are ok so far, sending positive energy

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Everyone who appears on yt videos willingly will be at one point judged, diagnosed, spied on socials etc. This is a fact, even if it is not cute, it is the reality.
You are telling us not to diagnose someone online, how do you draw the line, we can say one thing and cannot say another? Because at one point it hurt your colleague? Do you think the 2 are comparable?
I am saying that I over-reacted emotionally due to being triggered about a memory. Write what you want. Next time I'll sit on my hands.
I admit I'd also like to be free to call SJ a narcissist without an official diagnosis -- as many here do -- and now I see the danger in this place of wanting my cake and eating it too. Someone's gonna catcha. :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8
She's clearly not controlling the narrative anymore!
Good observation. SJ has nothing exclusive to feature anymore, and it's her fault. She shoots content days (even weeks) in advance, and it's all stale even before it comes out. She treats vlogging like "British TV"! It does not work like that for her "line of work."

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I am saying that I over-reacted emotionally due to being triggered about a memory. Write what you want. Next time I'll sit on my hands.
I admit I'd also like to be free to call SJ a narcissist without an official diagnosis -- as many here do -- and now I see the danger in this place of wanting my cake and eating it too. Someone's gonna catcha. :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:
ok I take it, I didn't understand the dual standard, we can say that I came for you too strong

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My husband is one of those people who rocks up to someone's house and starts DIY ing I'm afraid. He always has a toolkit on his car. It's an obsession. He has to fiddle with things. He's just adjusting the fridge freezer doors right now as he says they "creak". He looks a bit dodgy too. I think this guest was just one of those DIY obsessives.
Oooo! Lucky you!
Any chance you could send him round to my house...? (Pretty please ;-) Apart from me, there's loads of stuff he can fiddle with here to his heart's content LOL!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Good observation. SJ has nothing exclusive to feature anymore, and it's her fault. She shoots content days (even weeks) in advance, and it's all stale even before it comes out. She treats vlogging like "British TV"! It does not work like that for her "line of work."
this must be so hard on her (if she realized that) that all the backdrop and all the minions and slaves are hers and still she started to lose the plot the originality the sparkle on top ... what I predict is that Dan will be soon excused, with narcs it is like that, whoever is in the way of the ray of light which is supposed to shine only on them, will soon be made redundant

Reactions: 16
In LalaLande, it's only SJ who's allowed to be the narrator and 'dynamic'.
Wonder where that control-freakery comes from...?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
But high vaxx, so most of those cases symptom free. It makes a difference.

She’s scarily close to where I live, don’t think she’ll bother visiting our corner of the south though, far too chavvy.
Yes of course, wasn’t thinking of those who had been vaccinated so hopefully no or very little symptoms.
I get the feeling she is somewhere between Andover and Winchester

Reactions: 4
Thank you for succinctly answering my question. Your experience and your colleague’s experience are certainly not uncommon and you are right that there can be some painful horrible experiences for people on the spectrum. But I do think you maybe missed my point a bit-I was celebrating the ingenuity of our companion-maybe because I spend so much time working and living with people on the spectrum I don’t feel it’s a “handicap.” Additionally autistic people can have a great sense of humor. This person was one of them. We also never got lost in the city due to his eidetic memory.

Everyone has feelings about experiences which were unpleasant. If you are ever interested in autism advocacy there are organizations all over the world who would love to have your enthusiasm to expand the reach of their work.
Good to know! Thank you. I have friends with autistic children and we've supported their fundraising for their organization but I admit that is an issue that drains me. I feel enthusiasm about preventing people from being bullied. I have been a bully myself, and also bullied. Many humans are rough n' tumble animals, just with nice clothes and manners to gloss it over. I'm sure many can relate.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Omg these threads are going so fast....i cannot keep up...it also means many people are finding Tattle...and that Fanny Flash is not on the good track...i also would want to know how many people are lurking without an account.....and have the same questions and topics we all talk about...

Reactions: 26
I was thinking the same thing however the idea that they can't find French craftsmen or that no one in France can do the work is a bit of the stretch. I have been watching the Chateau de Versailles Youtube videos and I am rendered speechless by the artistry and skills demonstrated by the expert gilders, stone masons, etc.
Ah...but I expect that genuine French master artisans come with a steep price tag. Seems to me that so much of the 'improvements' at HMN are done on the cheap or by one of the gang of 'talented' friends.

Reactions: 11
@Jeeves in on of MW videos I could have sworn that she said her mother lived in England. She said the name of the place. I think it was when she was about to pick up the car. I may have fallen asleep while watching and dreamt it!
It would however explain some things if that were the case.

Reactions: 9
@Jeeves in on of MW videos I could have sworn that she said her mother lived in England. She said the name of the place. I think it was when she was about to pick up the car. I may have fallen asleep while watching and dreamt it!
It would however explain some things if that were the case.
Mummy’s second wedding - was how FRK described it
Guess she was a riot of a teenager

Never grew out of the sullen look 👀

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.