The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Zilla like. 🦖🦖🦖
In my David Attenborough voice ......

That there is a MumZilla ..... a very controlling animal with a nasty manner for she will defend her children no matter what ,especially if the old "green back " is taken away from her child. They need this to survive and party !!!
You may find the MumZilla lazing in the forests of France right near Chateau's and she will come out of her hiding hole and transport her child any place they need to go.
Beware the MumZilla !!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
My squeeze has an MBA too, in Strategic Management. She usually describes it as Master of Bugger All, MBA, get it? She also calls Google Gargle cos of the stuff it spits out. Smart babe. Just saying.
My husband is a musician and a couple of weeks ago this guy comes up to him and introduces himself as "the bass guitar player from the top ranked country cover band in Tucson". My husband looks at him and repeats this back to him and says, "that's one hell of a first name". The guy just looked at him with this blank look! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Crikey, they even had it looking like Stephanie did manual labour.
Bloody hell ...... I am trying to catch up as I am on the other side of the world and trying to read , read, read quickly I "see" ...
Stephanie in labour !!!
When was she pregnant? :ROFLMAO:

Can't slow down as I have two "Prev" to go !!!!!:geek:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Still watching SJ in Le Mans...... what is with those shoes.... she knows the town has cobble stones :rolleyes:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
OMG you made me look at a bunch of semi-naked, well-endowed young men.....Thanks! :D
I had a look too, wonder if I should surprise my lady with a photograph of me in underpants taken from floor angle...inspired :ROFLMAO: 🍸 Perhaps young Andrew is turning out to be a role model for me, like Trotter boy...not. I wonder what Andrew's daily rate is for being a "companion"? He is a lovely lad to throw in some cleaning as well. What are people on paying them money for ? They film making a salad...tidying up card board boxes, whinging and begging. I am not a hobby psychologist, but Trotter has frightenly many of the signs of a "Grandiose Narcissist". The entitlement, the raging temper if "caught out" or things not going his way, the manipulative skills, the vindictiveness, etc. etc. Why are people still under his spell? Is the charm not fading? And while I am asking questions, how is Tatyana? Her sister is named Karen. I bet all of my socks that Tatyana was in fact named Belinda, Belinda and Karen sounds about right. People tend to stick to sort of matching names with their kids. Tatyana must be a stage name. She must be a scammer, poor gullible Selmar. We should look after our ladies, but when he defended her I was thinking it a bit odd as he has never met her as far as I can gather. He is defending an imaginary girlfriend. I did watch Stephanie and Phillip today, a fairly interesting vlog...though a bit dull too. My wife is no longer sure that they are in fact sleeping together, and I am a bit puzzled too...she acts quite maternal with him sometimes. The one piece suit...well. No words.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Latest odd SJ pronunciations: "innuvative". "African battick"! I can't believe the gobbledygook she comes out with. She was educated and grew up in the UK. You would think, just from general knowledge, she would know these words! It's also so obvious that she's learnt the cathedral info off by heart from a guide book as she sounds as if she's reading it! She is intensely annoying.
She thinks she's a 38 bust, I doubt it somehow. What about BJJ's women's jumpsuit? The pair of them are mad. Even if the clothes are from a brocante, neither of them needs even one more item of clothing! She just cannot walk into a shop or market without buying something. She definitely has a spending disorder.
Oh no! There's going to be a second Le Mans vlog at the antiques fair. She's obviously glad to be away from LL. She seems really manic at the moment and definitely up for another spending spree. BJJ just enables her! I really hope SJ paid for George and Sarah's dinner after staying at their chateau with her servants!
Although I think the dress was a European size 38 which is a UK 10.

I used to enjoy his early shows shown on UKTV. He knows his stuff, he may not be everyone's cup of tea though.
I really enjoyed Watching his Cornish renovation, was it called it’s not easy being green.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Fanny (and other French vloggers) said that France basically shuts in August, vacations etc. I don't think that excuses the months long saga of the downstairs loo. It really wasn't as complicated as she made it out to be. I'm kind of horrified about the back hallway just dripping with moisture and a semi-proper drainage system only being installed around back This Year.
That €19,000 Fortuny fabric purchase last year could have paid for these issues 5 times over.
Yet she introduces MORE grand plans and ideas! Big fancy expensive garden. Let's keep a laser focus on tracking what is done and what is not done, versus how much time should this stuff usually take to do? Michael is a more juicy salacious story lately, but SJ is not much different than Michael! They're both using chateaus to bait you into using YOUR money to feed THEIR personal desires.

I know she said there was a delay in the downstairs loo due to something about a pipe (?) but they must have solved that? Because they've now installed all the walls? What's stopping them from FINISHING? She only a few weeks ago did a big apology for lack of progress. Right? Then, right back on the road again. That shows how much she really cares.

Ma, Pa and sis didn't get to see those vlogs before Michael posted them. If they had they would have stopped him from publishing them. Billy and Gwen don't care. They have forbidden Michael from publishing any new vlogs so he'll be going radio-silent for a long time.
Both you and Silly Milly write in a way that implies you know first hand detail about the chateaus and the people. Hmmmm. True?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I had a look too, wonder if I should surprise my lady with a photograph of me in underpants taken from floor angle...inspired :ROFLMAO: 🍸 Perhaps young Andrew is turning out to be a role model for me, like Trotter boy...not. I wonder what Andrew's daily rate is for being a "companion"? He is a lovely lad to throw in some cleaning as well. What are people on paying them money for ? They film making a salad...tidying up card board boxes, whinging and begging. I am not a hobby psychologist, but Trotter has frightenly many of the signs of a "Grandiose Narcissist". The entitlement, the raging temper if "caught out" or things not going his way, the manipulative skills, the vindictiveness, etc. etc. Why are people still under his spell? Is the charm not fading? And while I am asking questions, how is Tatyana? Her sister is named Karen. I bet all of my socks that Tatyana was in fact named Belinda, Belinda and Karen sounds about right. People tend to stick to sort of matching names with their kids. Tatyana must be a stage name. She must be a scammer, poor gullible Selmar. We should look after our ladies, but when he defended her I was thinking it a bit odd as he has never met her as far as I can gather. He is defending an imaginary girlfriend. I did watch Stephanie and Phillip today, a fairly interesting vlog...though a bit dull too. My wife is no longer sure that they are in fact sleeping together, and I am a bit puzzled too...she acts quite maternal with him sometimes. The one piece suit...well. No words.
ROFL. How could anyone think for one moment that S and P are sleeping together? Maybe they'd sit in the bed together and do each other's toenails and face-masks. P is a gay as a goose! The question is, did he an M ever "do it?" If so, which was the bottom? These are the only things in question!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Another very boring travel flog - how many times can you recite the Wikipedia page of an old cathedral, walk around in a town saying how much you love everything, shop and eat before people realize this is just a big vanity project/scam?!

It's very redundant and uninteresting, which I think is why I liked the Fleuries so much today, a REAL vacation doing something interesting (sailboat trip) without bragging about your intellect/knowledge and shopping addiction.

**BJJ saying the reason for their trip was the antiques fair just showed she has NO interests (including in the restoration of the shatoo) except shopping! If she did she would be home taking care of that crumbling facade immediately.

Did anyone see this?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hmm, they are cool..also .very clever how to beg and somehow seem to hide that aspect....they are on a holiday....a bit strange..this is the season you yourself have to make money..living of the tourists...dont you all think....

A vacation in the time of year..when you have to earn your money. yourself....having a B and B......odd very odd...

A vacation in the time of year..when you have to earn your money. yourself....having a B and B......odd very odd...
You’re point is well taken, but they haven’t been anywhere on vacation in 3 years. It’s also their wedding anniversary. They mentioned that they thought if they didn’t take a break they were going to flat burn out. They just finished two or three rooms and filmed for the tv show. I don’t get a grifter vibe from them.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If it was stolen he should have insurance to replace it, no? Not sure why they need to beg instead of being responsible adults...

I guess this way they could still claim the insurance money, while making a quick 5,000!
He has insurance but apparently not on all his supplies of tools!

Reactions: 4
My wife is no longer sure that they are in fact sleeping together, and I am a bit puzzled too...she acts quite maternal with him sometimes.
This is all part of her strategy of smoke and mirrors, trying to hide the details of her personal life that should not be hidden to begin with is her only means of creating some kind of mystery around her persona. Remember Madame Mystery in Petherdick's crap? That is how SJ loves to portray herself to the public, while in real life there is nothing mysterious what so ever about her. She's a bored child who literally has no conversation skills other than a few enthusiastically placed adjectives. In real life she's very scared of being unmasked for the fraud she is and has taught herself the habits that work against that fear: always arrive late and make sure you leave before conversation could turn interesting and opinions are being voiced. It's going to be an interesting summer, with so many superfans coming to dinner. They will be very disappointed not to find the sparkling presence they were promised.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
SJ shows an ancient pillar with religious symbolism and makes fun of it.

Oh, SJ, I sure hope you don't offend any more of your religious fans!
There are already quite a few comments taking offense at SJ disrespecting houses of worship.

cd4.png

cd2.png
cd3.png

cd6.png

cd7.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
This is all part of her strategy of smoke and mirrors, trying to hide the details of her personal life that should not be hidden to begin with is her only means of creating some kind of mystery around her persona. Remember Madame Mystery in Petherdick's crap? That is how SJ loves to portray herself to the public, while in real life there is nothing mysterious what so ever about her. She's a bored child who literally has no conversation skills other than a few enthusiastically placed adjectives. In real life she's very scared of being unmasked for the fraud she is and has taught herself the habits that work against that fear: always arrive late and make sure you leave before conversation could turn interesting and opinions are being voiced. It's going to be an interesting summer, with so many superfans coming to dinner. They will be very disappointed not to find the sparkling presence they were promised.
Well she is hardly there at dinner. Aperitif at 800pm (she arrives late), dinner at 830pm with one side of her always having BJJ, then dinner ends at 1030 -1100pm.
No dancing in the kitchen doing dishes. No dancing in the grand salon. No dress up parties. Even Brenda got a dance show when she visited.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Although I think the dress was a European size 38 which is a UK 10.

I really enjoyed Watching his Cornish renovation, was it called it’s not easy being green.
"Its Not Easy Being Green" was a British TV programme from 2006 about Dick and his first wife and family moving into an old house and living a "green" lifestyle rather than a renovation programme.There was some renovation as the place was very rundown. They renovated the well in one episode, installed a sustainable heating system etc. They were growing their own vegetables, using natural products rather than buying commercial ones, aiming for a more sustainable lifestyle.. Dick's first wife, Bridget is a conservationist and it was mostly her vision. (I used to know her as I am involved in that sort of thing. Haven't seen her in person for a few years, except I emailed last year her about an unusual type of bee that appeared on my land as she is a bee expert. ) .
It was before their divorce. They were separating at the time. (Nothing to do with Angel) .i loved the programme. It inspired me to lead a greener lifestyle and I grow most of my own fruit and vegetables on 2 large plots of land, and have tried to live in a similar way. Yes I'm one of those "nutty eco worriers" and so is my husband . That's what my eldest son calls us. 😂

I have got to stop watching Chateau Diaries.
I'm starting to dream about them . I dreamt the inhabitants of the chateau were looking for an old farmhouse to buy to house some of their collection of tat to free up some space at the chateau. All funded by Patreons. Awful it was 😲.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
ROFL. How could anyone think for one moment that S and P are sleeping together? Maybe they'd sit in the bed together and do each other's toenails and face-masks. P is a gay as a goose! The question is, did he an M ever "do it?" If so, which was the bottom? These are the only things in question!
I think there a lot of people out there that believe Philip and Steph are an item. There‘s times I question it, but I tend to sit more in the “they watch Netflix in bed together, drink wine, and fall asleep“ camp, it seems like they’re more playing it up for the camera. Their relationship is a tricky one to analyze. Her and Petherdick played up this ”flirty” image for the camera, one that would appeal to the masses and appeal to his audience, probably made of mostly older women and lot of them bought those two as an item. People see what they want. Although many of us knew, or had a hunch Michael was gay from the get go, he didn’t refute the comments about himself and Steph. It was helping his brand, so why deny it. He was probably worried about losing his more conservative fans and the money they were sending him. In reality, if he’d just been open from the start, he would have found most people really don’t care that much about his sexuality, as that’s not what drew them to the channel to begin with, and it probably would have brought in more money from his LGBTQ fans. Who can say? It’s just how I see it.

On to Philip and Steph and their odd dynamic. Here’s what I see… A 49 year old woman with the mental capacity of a 15 year old, a 24 year old man with the mental capacity of a 15 year old. They live like they are constantly on a shopping spree with Daddy’s credit card. They enjoy sleepovers, makeovers, shopping montages in teenage flicks, being the center of attention, and partying because Mom and Dad are away on a perma-vacation. I get a protective vibe from Philip, like Steph is his responsibility. Steph enjoys his company because he’s non-threatening and loves all the stuff she loves. They bond over ridiculous outfits, Napoleanic furniture, porcelain, linens, silverware and are kindred spirits. I don’t get a sexual vibe from either one of them, in fact they both seem like they’d be quite frigid in bed. Steph tries to be sexy, but always misses the mark, like an actor who lacks any acting skills, “Note to self, research ’how to flirt’”, “Hey Siri, what do sexy people wear?”. She very ‘I’m taking tips from my mom’s Cosmopolitan magazine’. Philip is the same way but in an ill fitted suit and taking tips from ‘Redbook’ and ’Martha Stewart Magazine’. The funny thing is, I don’t think he’s 100% gay, I get the feeling that he morphed into this vision of what Steph wants him to be, like a ‘Talented Mr. Ripley’ situation. She wants a BFF to galavant around Europe with, pretending to be actors in some high society film from the ’40s and ‘50s, just playing make-believe day in and day out. Again, just how I see it.

Now, MPK and Philip being together 😂. Nope, it’s clear they can’t stand each other! That Cadeaux when they filmed together was awkward AF! I was waiting for Philip to strangle Michael. Then when they had to play nice for the camera, making garlic bread, again super uncomfortable to watch. As I said, Philip is protective over Steph, I imagine he saw through Michael’s phony persona and saw the actual habitual manipulator. Besides, Michael clearly likes his boys butch and bronzed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.