The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In all of this, one of the factors is who performs well in front of the camera....there are those who do, can spin a yarn so fanciful, that people believe it...and boy do they succeed.... you don't need me to mention names, there's far too many. Maybe, at the moment, Dan is an exception, but time will tell, and those like Selmar and FRK, who have been told its easy, any one can do it, you can make a mint....but no matter how hard they try, fail miserably. That's not necessarily their fault, but we can't all be successful in the limelight, you just have to learn to accept with good grace your limitations, and work with them.

Reactions: 18
I really like the Fleuries - a well deserved vacation for a hard working family, without any over the top gushing over hotel rooms, food, shopping etc. Just a genuinely loving family enjoying spending time with each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Dan: Works as a gardener, renovating a derelict farmhouse, dad to 2 small boys, husband to self-employed hairstylist, produces daily vlogs
Michael Patheterick: makes a salad, produces a vlog sometimes, rarely, once in a while

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
I would not be surprised if this scandal wasn't picked up by the tabloid press like the Daily Mail. It's very juicy. The Pethericks know how michael's vlogs have opened them up to many lawsuits, he has admitted to so much misuse of the money people entrusted to him for restoration.
I don't think they are well known outside a small limited number of people who like watching chateaux reno videos on YouTube.
They are small fry, nobodies really. The tabloids like to go after celebrities, footballers etc. I don't know anyone who watches except myself. Most people have never heard of him. They may have seen him on Escape to the Chateau way back, but that's a niche programme too. SJ and MPK are not rich and famous or even celebrities although superfans seem to think they are😂
Most of the Patreons and subscribers are willing to pay money to live vicariously through these vlogs. Maybe they enjoy the drama? I think a lot of it is due to the pandemic lockdowns, the subscribers will drop as the pandemic re wdes and people return to normal life. I doubt anyone would take out a case against MPK . He's small time. None will have lost a fortune. All they have to do is unsubscribe and move on to a better vlogger
Stephanie needs to distance herself now and sever all ties with MPK. He's too toxic now.
Superfans are beginning to realise and the tide is turning against Michael.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Well Sean and the rest of the family and others did work on Dick and Angela's chateau and the show made it seem like Dick and his "buddy Steve" and Angela did all the work, so she isn't talking out of her ass. We ALL have seen that Sean and Pa work on the cottage and Michael "works" by being filmed and editing, so not so sure why you are pointing out the obvious ...
do Dick & Angel edit the tv show? not trying to be snarky but really am not sure

Reactions: 9
do Dick & Angel edit the tv show? not trying to be snarky but really am not sure
Good question! They are not listed as producers on IMDB for Escape to the Chateau DIY, just their own ETTC, but I'm sure they had a big say in what was shown on both... and they have since decided to rebrand ETTCDIY as "Chateau DIY" with a new host, so pretty sure they're not involved in this project anymore?... probably sick of dealing with all these grifters!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you for choosing my thread title. I feel very honoured with so much great competition for it. Thank you to @MojoDublin for setting up all the threads and keeping us so entertained.

Someone on here (Mummy Dearest?) wondered what was going on in Andrew's head. Where the hell is Marie and her Success Stories when you need her. There is no one I want to watch her interview but Andrew might be the exception. He would be a hard tooth to pull, so a skilled interviewer might be needed, but in the absence of that, or even a competent one, I could be drawn into watching Marie. A truth drug would probably need to be administered to get anything worth listening to. Anyone like to take up the challenge of how that dialogue might play out?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Well Sean and the rest of the family and others did work on Dick and Angela's chateau and the show made it seem like Dick and his "buddy Steve" and Angela did all the work, so she isn't talking out of her ass. We ALL have seen that Sean and Pa work on the cottage and Michael "works" by being filmed and editing, so not so sure why you are pointing out the obvious ...
Because I was pointing out the obvious. :)

I agree editing on a large show such as ETTC, would engineer that the stars of the show were doing all the work. They do however show progression and pass on knowledge because he can do the work.

Michael pretends he Is going to produce vlogs/content in exchange for patron monies which run into thousands. There's a difference-
Obvious for TV as opposed to
Obvious in lack of for exchange of money.

Not much has also been shown (other than by Sean) of works in around Basminger either. As Ma herself tries to say that money from YouTube is for all of the upkeep.
A bit of pointing surely couldn't use up all of that money. Ma and Sadie gardening and looking after chickens must also cost ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Not off topic at all. As Stephanie is a consistent and shameless abuser of animals.
It's never too late to file a complaint about neglect and abuse of chickens, peacocks, sheep at Lalande with the local animal protection authorities.
Allez-y but you'll need irrefutable evidence ...

Reactions: 11
I really like the Fleuries - a well deserved vacation for a hard working family, without any over the top gushing over hotel rooms, food, shopping etc. Just a genuinely loving family enjoying spending time with each other.
I enjoyed that as well.

Reactions: 12
[QUOT="KyBourbon, post: 5728492, member: 262807"]
Hello, I’m new to the site (I was a fan of “Doing It Ourselves” but found Tattle after watching the last Michael “Truth” video and thought “I can’t be the only person who thinks this is wrong on so many levels”). I don’t know if anyone caught it, but in the video that was removed, he flat out said he probably wouldn’t be producing videos for a while…maybe not until the end of the year (unless he got a lot of money) (The other two videos he just released were already in progress, just delayed due to editing issues).

Definitely a Sly one MP...the setup has been laid...oh he may not be doing “DIO videos”...but other specialty types of videos will most likely be in the making...perhaps even as we type...😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Remember this? Send a note to MPK so he can stuff it into a wall...presumably for insulation. Said he wouldn't read any of them. He was as good as his word that time. Wonder if anyone sent £€$ Perhaps he ought to tear out some of that fancy woodwork to find out. 😅
Opened it, extracted the money, did not read the note, stuffed it in the wall, spent the funds.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Personally was hoping he wouldn't. The one's I have seen are pretty much rubbish anyway.
Talking of Ma Petherick, Mrs G follows the ETTCDIY fan club page of fb (I don't do fb) apparently there was discussion of a new roof on Dick and Angel's Chateau. Ma was seen to comment that he never gives credit for anyone else doing the work and pretends to do it all himself.
If someone can screenshot that and post.
Talk about oblivious to her own sons grifting and pretending to work or produce content when others do the work, whilst calling other people names. Jealousy is a nasty trait. They will be infamous for five minutes but not famous. Immoral group of money grubbing parasites that they are.
In fact they all are...the whole ETTCDIY club....they are all the same..jealous,,,,nasty beggars and grifters...what a nightmare that tv company created....

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think a lot of it is due to the pandemic lockdowns, the subscribers will drop as the pandemic re wdes and people return to normal life.
That won't be happening anytime soon ... there's growing evidence that the vaccines don't work and there'll be more variants, each one more infectious than the last one. In the meantime, these scroungers are conning thousands out of unsuspecting idiots ... . The world has been turned upside down by Covid ... before the pandemic the floggers were earning relatively little on YouTube and now they're making thousands out of showing people how to make an omelette or a salad ...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Another very boring travel flog - how many times can you recite the Wikipedia page of an old cathedral, walk around in a town saying how much you love everything, shop and eat before people realize this is just a big vanity project/scam?!

It's very redundant and uninteresting, which I think is why I liked the Fleuries so much today, a REAL vacation doing something interesting (sailboat trip) without bragging about your intellect/knowledge and shopping addiction.

**BJJ saying the reason for their trip was the antiques fair just showed she has NO interests (including in the restoration of the shatoo) except shopping! If she did she would be home taking care of that crumbling facade immediately.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Good question! They are not listed as producers on IMDB for Escape to the Chateau DIY, just their own ETTC, but I'm sure they had a big say in what was shown on both... and they have since decided to rebrand ETTCDIY as "Chateau DIY" with a new host, so pretty sure they're not involved in this project anymore?... probably sick of dealing with all these grifters!
yeah-thinking I’m typically talent doesn’t get to have a say on the edit-but Dick’s been around for awhile and is smart enough to know when to flex

I will say-on D&A’s show they do in fact give credit and often showed/mentioned the people helping them/employed at the Chateau-we saw all sorts of people including Michael, Sadie, and Sean, Gunther (not his real name), the artists painting walls, Steve, Steve’s wife

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.