The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
do Dick & Angel edit the tv show? not trying to be snarky but really am not sure
I'm sure they would be well aware but not sitting in an editing room with the director and editors ( I work in film and tv ). There would have been concept meetings and production meetings of how the format of the show would go . In ETTCDIY, the script for Dicks narration made almost all the chateau owners sound stupid or always completing a task " just. in time " for guests to show up, also they would come to film their few minute segments when the work was already done by the chateau owners.

Reactions: 11
is it another trip to pick up another vanload of crap?
Yes, it's exactly that; they are off to an antiques fair and there will be another vlog where they'll be loading up with all their purchases. SJ thinks Le Mans is the nicest town in France and she would like to live there!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
A
Ahhhh! The Horror! 😱😱😱 I may have been specifically blocked by Ma Petherick on Facebook. I don't see that "Escape to...." page that she posted that, nor can I find any posts she has made. I laughed at 1, just 1, comment in a post last week and I have been eradicated. 🥺 Whatever will I do?
Thank your lucky stars 🌟 She is worse than Brenda for having a trigger finger.
If it's any compensation I didn't want to go on fb to look. :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
MW: Today, (ha, ha), I'm interviewing Andrew, who is a very dear friend (ha, ha). He's so inspiring and I'm very greatful to have met him, (ha, ha). Andrew, you and your twin brother have built a very successful business, ha, ha. What were you doing in Madrid? (ha, ha).

Andrew: (Smiling) Que?

Marie: (Ha, ha, ha, ha). And what is the secret of your success? (ha, ha).

Andrew: (Still smiling) Que?
Bloody brilliant and scarily accurate, I am sure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm sure they would be well aware but not sitting in an editing room with the director and editors ( I work in film and tv ). There would have been concept meetings and production meetings of how the format of the show would go . In ETTCDIY, the script for Dicks narration made almost all the chateau owners sound stupid or always completing a task " just. in time " for guests to show up, also they would come to film their few minute segments when the work was already done by the chateau owners.
I agree with that, I didn't enjoy listening to the script at times, as felt some of the owners really worked hard. The ' last minute bit' always made me laugh. They would have filmed in blocks before moving on.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Now, I have seen it all! 😆 :sick: :m
But the real question is, who wore it better?
View attachment 679649 View attachment 679650
Oh God, they’re both horrendous! But I’m going to give major points to anyone who willing wore a terry cloth jumpsuit in the 70’s, hopefully the material was good at wicking up sweat.

Philip just looks like he’s getting ready to snake someone’s drain, that or he already did and glued the removed drain hair to his head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Another very boring travel flog - how many times can you recite the Wikipedia page of an old cathedral, walk around in a town saying how much you love everything, shop and eat before people realize this is just a big vanity project/scam?!

It's very redundant and uninteresting, which I think is why I liked the Fleuries so much today, a REAL vacation doing something interesting (sailboat trip) without bragging about your intellect/knowledge and shopping addiction.

**BJJ saying the reason for their trip was the antiques fair just showed she has NO interests (including in the restoration of the shatoo) except shopping! If she did she would be home taking care of that crumbling facade immediately.
You mean, she is no longer Doing It Herself, but Letting Everyone Else Do It.....

• Haha
Reactions: 15
yeah that stuff seemed awfully canned-sad but it’s all just BS isn’t it

Reactions: 9
yeah-thinking I’m typically talent doesn’t get to have a say on the edit-but Dick’s been around for awhile and is smart enough to know when to flex

I will say-on D&A’s show they do in fact give credit and often showed/mentioned the people helping them/employed at the Chateau-we saw all sorts of people including Michael, Sadie, and Sean, Gunther (not his real name), the artists painting walls, Steve, Steve’s wife
They were actually very clever. They never suggested they did all the work themselves. They openly admitted they used volunteers. They just made sure that they did not share the limelight. Volunteers and employees kept very much in the background and their Success Stories never delved into. No chat or speculation or distraction. D&A and family were front and centre at all times. They are multi millionaires but careful not to flash the cash. Their holidays will be discreet, much of their wealth concealed. They have to remain likeable and relatable to the viewers - who would lose interest if they did not believe they could emulate them, even in their dreams.

Reactions: 18
I was thinking of Manuel in Fawlty Towers! So many similarities between several chateaux and Fawlty Towers!
I actually know that one-strangely because I watched on PBS (I think) after being a huge Monty Python Flying Circus fan in my high school days-every blue moon I‘ll watch an episode

• Heart
Reactions: 10
God help us all, Phillip just bought a womans blue jumpsuit and has plans on actually wearing it. There are some things, the eyes just cant unsee what they see. He looks just plain silly.
MOAR PJ/MP slash.
PJ shows up at Begmania in his blue ladies' jumpsuit. MP sticks his fingers down the back of the neck to inspect the label. If it's Louis Vuitton, Le Col or even Lulu Lemon he will let PJ play with the Aga and the Spode tea cannisters.
If it's Top Shop or Monoprix, MP strips PJ to his thong and makes him clean the bathrooms in big pink rubber gloves, with floral cuffs, with totally inefficient natural/organic cleaning fluids in time to old Sylvester tracks. Wearing a vintage Hermes kerchief Rosie the riveter style.
You make me feel.
Mighty real.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I agree with that, I didn't enjoy listening to the script at times, as felt some of the owners really worked hard. The ' last minute bit' always made me laugh. They would have filmed in blocks before moving on.
When I started watching ETTCDIY, this is when the tables turned for me liking Dick and Angela and started to look into more about them and figured out about the Pethericks being dropped because of the artwork issue. It's all a big mess and I don't think that they are innocent but also don't think that Michael or his family handled it all well at all either.

Reactions: 9
Sherri is a Moderator of these 2 Private Facebook Groups.... she pulled all of the video postings Thursday/Friday. Especially since Sadie's last video also asked for €5000 for her boyfriend's car. Bad timing.
Wait she really asked for 5,000 for her BOYFRIENDS car?! These people really know no bounds!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Well pot Cherie is calling Dick the kettle black...they are all the same...although some are better hiding things than others...That fat Dick isnt even capable of doing much hard work...its al a show..done by real craftsmen....look at all the vans on their grounds when they are doing a job....but those two are more clever to hide it... than the Pathetics...but in the end all that bunch of English chateauowners are all birds of the same flock...a bunch of beggars and lyers...
I usually agree with all you say. But I cannot agree with this. D&A are in a class of their own. They are television presenters. They are seasoned professionals and I believe they work very hard and are paid accordingly. Sure, people can donate if they want to these self made millionaires, but they do not beg. They have made a career for themselves and actually, I do not grudge them a penny. And no, I am not, before anyone suggests it, Angel.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.