The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe Andrew charges £125 per hour, no discount if you want a double act so £250 . Selmar has gone quiet on Tatty Yana, no updates since 21st July and not,as yet, responding to questions about how she is. She should have had her second operation by now, if it is all true, but not the ‘procedure’ she supposedly went to Turkey for! I think the sister contacting Selmar has been a significant development - I get the feeling Tatty Yana wasn’t expecting ( or hoping for ) that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I am not stephending her absence at all, merely an observation, trying to put myself in the shoes of the chateau dweller(s) in Lala Land.
To me it would be a nightmare (self-inflicted, of course!). I can't imagine how anyone can live with that many people around, who all want a piece of "me", probably including a few deranged ones. Hanging out in the kitchen, queueing for the non-existent toilet, forever wanting attention, asking inane questions.
But maybe the impending guests are reasonable human beings, away from their gushiness and sychophancy online? Who knows...

Reactions: 18
Philip is protective over Steph, I imagine he saw through Michael’s phony persona and saw the actual habitual manipulator. Besides, Michael clearly likes his boys butch and bronzed.
I think you are right here.

Reactions: 15
I couldn’t stand it either, it would mentally and physically exhaust me. And truth be told, if I had her money, I’d look for any reason to get away and have some retail therapy. I’m not stephending either, she chose to live like she does, but that place seems to be in constant commotion, volunteers, staff, guests, friends, family, handymen, always coming and going all the time. Cameras being shoved upside down, right side up and sideways in everyone’s faces 24/7 would be a constant source of anxiety for me, she seems to love it though. It would never be a life I’d chose, that’s for sure! Always having to be “on” for the cameras and guests. I could never fake it like she does. Not to mention the cooking demands, if I had the money, I’d pay any price to never do the cooking. She got herself into this mess, but now she can afford to escape it whenever she wants.

Reactions: 27
Do you think Mummy Dearest that LaLaLand and all there is to it sort of reminds her of the old peoples home she was brought up in?
It was a dementia home I think and that would be difficult as dementia takes on many different forms and she had to see it all and deal with it too.
Just a thought.

Reactions: 14
Although I think the dress was a European size 38 which is a UK 10.

I really enjoyed Watching his Cornish renovation, was it called it’s not easy being green.
I liked It's Not Easy Being Green. His kids Charlotte and James who were young adults then were great. Didn't care much for his hippie wife who often seemed to be in a world of her own. She did all the cooking for the army of volunteers. They had volunteers from all over the world, who were very much an integral part of the family. Or am I being naive and it was all showbiz?

Reactions: 7
Oh golly gosh, how could I forget the cameras?! And the endless grocery shopping, and cooking, and communal meals! A nightmare!
But then some people love that sort of thing. I am that sad sort of person who, after 30 years of providing well balanced, vegetarian, nutritious and edible meals for all and sundry ("What's for dinner, Ma?" "Take it or leave it! " ) is now very happy with a boiled egg and soldiers!

Last edited:
I worked in a dementia unit in LTC, (and everywhere else, it’s what you do as a night nurse) and it can be chaotic, mostly in the evening (Sundowner’s Syndrome). Dementia units are generally a calm environment, it needs to be so residents don’t get agitated. Speaking as a nurse, especially in LTC because you take care of the same people for extended periods of time, you become detached, not uncaring, just careful about getting emotionally close to the residents. People die expectedly and unexpectedly, I learned how to navigate it very carefully. I don’t have a clue how her family ran their home, so I don’t know if she was around the residents on the regular, I would think she was, being that she lived there. Now imagine being a child and living in this environment and having people remember you one day and not the next, having people die. As a child, I imagine she became attached to her favorites and wondering why they were here one day and are gone the next. That’s heavy! Death is a hard thing for children to comprehend. Over time, she probably learned how to become more detached and death wasn’t as much of a shock. Again, not stephending here, but I’m sure it affected her. It affected me and I was an adult when I was figuring how to deal with all this. She never really seems that upset when people leave, this could explain why. I’m sure she wasn’t hands on, actually taking care of residents, she probably provided them with company and entertainment, I could see her singing to them, old people make great audiences. So yea, Lalande is probably very similar. I don’t think she’s uncaring, just detached. Hope this helps answer your question.

Last edited:
Reactions: 35
She could have gotten ahead of this and reduced stress for herself by being honest and owning up to it. I know of several popular social media people in the U.S. who say point-blank on camera that while they're chatty and seem normal on camera, in real life if you ran into them, they would be awkward. They will tell you they are shy and weird at real life conversation. You would never know it from their online persona. This also makes them seem real and can endear you to them. But SJ has chosen a path of seeming like perfection. Her narcissism may not allow her to do this.

Reactions: 19
Charlotte! Thank you, I couldn't remember her name. I don't recall global volunteers, but there were a lot of James' college friends there. The two friends, Jim and Anda, were helping from the beginning. The only time Bridget annoyed me was about not eating the pigs; she seemed a bit self-righteous.

Something I really enjoyed was it wasn't edited to create drama like so many shows are. I don't know how much conflict wasn't shown, but it was nice this way. There weren't any fake deadlines to meet, but they didn't waste any time getting a toilet functional.

Reactions: 12
My Mother died with dementia and heart failure a year and a half ago and boy it was hard to deal with and I am an adult!
Nursing in a dementia ward must have been so hard too !!!
My Mother was always angry at me - some patients not so , that must have been confusing for her but I guess you start to think of it as "normal" for them and as you say - she would always have an audience for her singing and stories.
I think it would have been so hard as a child and I guess she did become detached but that is some doing for a child all the same.
Yes you answered my question Mummy Dearest and gave me some more to think about too!
I do miss my Mum.

Reactions: 31
People here started thinking they're an item because supposedly somebody said they were seen in the village holding hands...that's the only reason.

Reactions: 9
That is how I came to find Tattle. One day I was watching SJ and her constant hysterical laugh was grating on me so bad I had to search on Google, "is it normal to laugh every day"...many searches later and I found this place. I couldn't understand how someone could be happy 247...each and every video, the same laugh, especially in that place...that's not normal. Many YouTubers, especially those that post regularly, always mention having a bad day. The only bad day moment I have watched SJ have, was that peachick saga.

Reactions: 21
They did bin Begmania for being too boring after all

Slightly late with this, but isn't it time we stopped calling Petherdick 'Teabag' and just referred to him as 'Tealeaf'. (One for the UK Tattlers)

I agree with all you have said but I do not believe for one minute that they were all above board with the Michael artwork situation, they were conniving and looking out for themselves and Michael and his family were too gullible .
I agree with you both but let's not forget that these TV shows Aka reality shows are scripted and more often than not have the villain and the victims, possibly only a quarter of what we see is actually factual so going into these shows I'm sure everyone is fully aware of how they function! If the petherdicks had half of the brain matter of A&D they could have been millionaires by now but they're so lazy and love playing the victim role, the begging is just to disgusting!

Reactions: 8
Her over the top drama whenever someone leaves has always stuck out to me as being beyond phony. And then the pouting.

) after being a huge Monty Python Flying Circus fan i
There are similarities with Monty Python too! I was watching SJ walking, she has a particular, very self-conscious walk when she knows a camera is watching her from behind (plus the frequent exaggerated hand movements), and I know it was more extreme in MP, but I suddenly thought of the Ministry of Silly Walks! Also, with all the chicken on the menu: roast chicken; chicken with turnips; chicken with hummus, etc., it reminded me of the restaurant that only ever served spam: spam with rice; spam with cheese; spam with potatoes, etc. Sorry, think I am regressing; it's the fault of the CD vlogs, that's the effect they have on the brain!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.