The Chateau Diaries #40 Vampire of the vanities, the grifters return

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Chateau Diaries #40 Church Of Stephinology - Vampire Of The Vanities -The Grifters Return

Congratulations @Heathcliffe :m:m:m:m:m 23.6% Vote @thread 39

Thank you @Hercule P for compiling a Chateau dictionary! and updates
Thanks to @ploppityplop2 for the intro.
Thanks to @MojoDublin and @Rory for Glossaries.
Thanks to @NotAChatelaine for Tattle.Life Word of The Day
Honourable Mention @Gibson Now Resident Q

Tarts boudoir - Chateau de Lalande
HMN - heap in the middle of nowhere
Flat 34B - bolt hole 🕳 SJ 🇬🇧

LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie (b.1975)
SSB- She Who Shouts from the balcony, SJ
QBC- Queen of bed chambers - SJ
MB - Madame Boneyparts -SJ
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Fanny - Stephanie Jarvis

MMAF - Mad Man's Arse Face, i.e. mummy
Mini Apron - Isabelle Jarvis (nee Biggio, b.1942) married 1962/3 to Derek Jarvis, widowed 2009, married to Percy Atfield year???

Potty/MP - Michael Potts
Cinder-Ruth- MPotts current squeeze Ruth Kelly (b.1981)

Nitti/Nutty - Nati Oliveto

Floral Roadkill (FRK / RK) - Marie Wiik (b.1991)

BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip Janssen
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
UH - Uriah Heep - Philip
Renfield - Philip
Pip - Philip
The Ward - Philip

MP/MP2/MPK - Michael Petherick (b.1986)
MOLD: Man Of LOST Design - Michael Petherick
Crybaby - Michael Petherick
Sir Trotter BDSM - Michael Petherick
Teabag Trotter - Michael Petherick
Master - Swedish director of 🎥 Elias Truedsson
BS - Billy Spielberg - Billy Petherick (b.1988)
Trotter, Petherdick - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sherrie Petherick
Pa Trotter - Mr Petherick Esq
PILF: The only Petherick I'd like to be filmed with - Pa 'Mick' Trotter

Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin) from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Jumpsuit Jill - rabid serial deletor of unfan comments on premier 💴 chat - Jill Scott, New Zealand

Donegals - Limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info

Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)

MBNS;GF - more boring narc stuff; gimme facts

PSDFHB - princess 👸 shouting down from her balcony
PRSDBP - princess 👸 in her robe shouting down from her balcony at the peasants

Wet Blanket - Fun hoover
Mickey Dodger - Woman who avoids sexual encounters

Thanks to @Rory for the SSB Main Squeeze Glossary:

1. Gregory Francis Mannion Clark - Husband and boyfriend, on and off at uni. SJ approx 18
2. Nic Larkin - apparently just friends at uni (but also dated according to CB?)
3. Married Husband 22-24??? (wedding registered in July 1999, she was 23 at the time)
4. Michael Potts met through Oliver Strong on and off 10 years. Open relationship in the end. Buys Chateau 2005 during relationship age 29.
5. Edmond Fokker van Craayenstein (player in tight trousers who pretends to be an aristocrat-BF with guy who said "let the 80 years-olds die off")
6. Mason Dwinell on and off (last we heard he is still staring at the sun?)
7. Ludwig Norweigner (otherwise known as Nordic Weirdo, alcoholic friend unceremoniously dumped at the train station without a ticket)
8. James Jardine (turned out to be "too much" for the girl who never has enough)
9. Daniel Hengeveld (nicknamed Druggy Daniel, because of his not so secret habits. IJ was furious about that romance and the fact that he introduced narcotics into the shat-o. Christmas 2016)
10. Various volunteers ad nauseum (bread oven guy Walton, Christian We etc.)
11. BJJ (any port in a storm, eh Stephanie?)

Tattle.Life Word of the day

parwhobble' (19th-century English dialect): to dominate a conversation by talking continuously, without listening to a word from anyone else.

'snollygoster' (19th century): an individual guided by personal gain rather than by principles.

‘ingordigiousness’: extreme greed; an insatiable desire for wealth at any cost.

Château dictionary

BasMinger:
Château de Basmaignée/aka Trotter Towers,🏰 the spin off Vlogs of the Trotters. @Jeeves

Begmania: château de Basmaignée @Le Comte de Monte Cristo

Cadge: Cadeaux at the Châteaux' channel @Definitely Maybe

Dadification: The attribution of Derek's nature or characteristics at each and every opportunity. 👀 @Jeeves

(a) Derek, to be a Derek: someone who is obsessed with boobs @Gibson

(a) Fouquet: as in to pull a Fouquet. The act of using public funds to finance once lavish lifestyle, in honour of the Great Nicolas Fouquet, Louis the XIV’s finance minister and builder of celebrated Château of Vaux-le-Vicomte (the most ostentatious Château of its time, pre-dating the Versailles renovations) who finished his life in jail being accused by the King of mismanagement of funds. 💰@justcommonsense

GAG: Grab a Gift @Mrs O 🎁

Gustavo: male prostitute with expensive tastes 🕺🍾🎁💎 @Hercule P

High Priestess Skankadankadingdong: SJ's name @lalablahblah

Madrid syndrom: stricto sensu, long journey to have some bedroom activities in a very expensive hotel in the middle of a pandemy ✈🧢👬🍸 🕶🍾
Flexible version, long journey to have some bedroom activities in a very expensive place 😏🍹@Hercule P

Petherfending: defending Petherick @Joy no toile

Philipicate (verb)
@Marquis de Potpourri when BJJ...
a) ...annoying shares an opinion behind the camera,
b) ...makes things and ideas more confusing;
c) ...pretends to be an expert on something.

Pontiphilcate : @Jeeves

Selmobile: Selmar’s camper-van vehicle of love and adventure🚐 @Princess and the Pea or @Gibson ?????

Spored: bored with Spode, I am so spored right now, or Diesel is spored; he wants his old dog dish back. @ProfessorPlum

Stephanese: What would be your definition? :) @mummydearest

Stephfending: when I actually do feel the need to defend SJ. @Milre

Stephiphany: a sudden awareness of the chance to swindle @ProfessorPlum

Trolliosis: a debilitating condition caused by Tattlers asking questions or making observations relating to grifting @lalablahblah

To Versailles: to behave like Marie-Antoinette (Sofia Coppola’s dancing, dressing-up, gambling, romanticising nature version of Marie-Antoinette) As in They Versailled again all night yesterday! 💅💃👠👑💎@justcommonsense

To Versailles up: to make Versailles-inspired design choices that, depending on taste and budget, may result in a nouveau-riche or tat-like look. As in They Versailled up the entrance, it looks [insert preferred adjective]! 💍🛎🎇👑@justcommonsense

prick.jpeg

ArtWork @Linus

church.jpg

ARTWORK @Linus

POST OF THE LAST THREAD
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER @Heathcliffe

[IMG alt="Heathcliffe"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/m/154/154826.jpg?1604421294[/IMG]
Heathcliffe

Friday at 9:32 AM
Stroppy said:
The only off putting thing is the black underbags, otherwise Dana ROCKS the yellow, WOW that figure, Skank don't even try, you can't compete. If you are here Dana I need to know your exercise secrets😘
Can I be a sad old man (not fifty quite yet!) and raise my sword against this "beauty bashing" that is going on here. I am the first one to admit that I am swayed by lovely looking women,- but I will still say that what is inside makes a difference. Charisma, confidence, happiness, a love of life, humour, etc. A personality. Black bags under eyes is in fact not particularly important if you shine on people you are with. My wife is a real green eyed monster if I talk to a sparkely woman at a party say, she will afterwards be quick to point out that this woman had thin hair, fat ankles, saggy boobs, etc...well, she used to , now I have told her off so many times that I think she has stopped. It is childish! Imperfections can be rather perfect if you don't let it stop you from enjoying life and sparkle. I always get told off here if I say I find Stephanie attractive, and now Dana. Well, I don't care my friends! They are attractive, love it or lump it. They are not perfect in any way, none of us are, but they are attractive people and they sparkle (most of the time). Beauty bashing is so silly, often the most attractive people are not in any way picture perfect. My first wife used to fancy Gerard Depardieu! It used to annoy me at the time as I was young and handsome and thought he looked like a troll :LOL: I love the gossip here, the humour, the fun, and it is always important to have the devils advocate in place and to dare to critisise...but beauty bashing, calling people ugly etc is just in my opinion very low indeed. :coffee::sneaky:

Reactions:You, SuneGulf, Caroline1510 and 49 others

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Yel

@MojoDublin I think it's best to stop this polling for a thread title.

These thread titles are supposed to be something relevant and suggested by members when a new thread is coming. Polling just as the current thread is opening seems unnecessary and defeats the point.

Best to just suggest near the end and people can like to vote 🙂

Reactions: 12
From previous thread Not A Chatelaine
Not 'fending anybody but just a general thought: if someone buys a property which carries the word "chateau" in its name and it's been known as such locally for generations, regardless of whether it is actually a gentleman's country residence, a large farm house, a hunting lodge, then I suppose the new owner is simply following suit. Rather than adding the word chateau as a modern day pretentious affectation...which would make them a complete laughing stock for miles around!

I agree with you.
But in the case of the Mas de Pradié, it has never been known locally as a "chateau". Only Mas de Pradié.

It's only in their BnB websites that it is referred as a "chateau".

Reactions: 8
I love his taste actually. I have a bit of experience in the decor realm and he’s got great taste in my opinion. The soft furnishings are bit smushed but fabulous choices in objects and combining everything in an eclectic way. It’s not for everyone, but for people who love antiques he’s on the money.
me too!…I like to see items in homes which fascinate the residents enough to be collected (not hoarded)—the homeowner will usually know a bit about the item’s history and can make interesting small talk

their home didn’t feel chaotic-actually rather calm

less Stephanie in this Vlog-always a plus

only annoyance was George’s sunglasses inside but maybe he has a vision issue so that annoyance is on me

enjoying everyone discussing how a chateau becomes a chateau-some really do seem like lovely large farm houses to me and some seem … (👀 at you Lalande Transfer Station)

Reactions: 11
Why do others think Kat has returned? Is she a summer cook to replace Marie? The events co-ordinator? I can't work it out as SJ is out if there as often as she can now.

Why do others think Kat has returned? Is she a summer cook to replace Marie? The events co-ordinator? I can't work it out as SJ is out if there as often as she can now.
Going further down that rabbit hole. Why hasn't Hanni returned?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Good point @ComtesseRose didn't she leave clothes there as she thought she would be back, got sick with covid, stuck in UK? Is she still a patreon?

From previous thread Not A Chatelaine
Not 'fending anybody but just a general thought: if someone buys a property which carries the word "chateau" in its name and it's been known as such locally for generations, regardless of whether it is actually a gentleman's country residence, a large farm house, a hunting lodge, then I suppose the new owner is simply following suit. Rather than adding the word chateau as a modern day pretentious affectation...which would make them a complete laughing stock for miles around!

I agree with you.
But in the case of the Mas de Pradié, it has never been known locally as a "chateau". Only Mas de Pradié.

It's only in their BnB websites that it is referred as a "chateau".
It could have something to do with search algorithms as well. They are more likely to get seen with “chateau” in the name. Especially with the ex pat market.

Reactions: 7
She has excellent credentials to take on the organisation of the music workshops!

Reactions: 20
Good point @ComtesseRose didn't she leave clothes there as she thought she would be back, got sick with covid, stuck in UK? Is she still a patreon?
I thought Hanni had Covid and had recovered BEFORE her stay at the chateau last year.
Maybe she has a REAL job now and cannot take an unlimited leave or vacation.

Reactions: 15
From MPK's instagram stories... Maybe he is color blind? That ho-ho green looks very blue. 🤪

Typically a person with a tritan-type color vision deficiency does not see blue colors well, and may have difficulty seeing the difference between blue and green.

1623077805246.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
From MPK's instagram stories... Maybe he is color blind? That ho-ho green looks very blue. 🤪

Typically a person with a tritan-type color vision deficiency does not see blue colors well, and may have difficulty seeing the difference between blue and green.

View attachment 607177
Looks more green than blue to me.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.