The Chateau Diaries #311 Got to pretend to be in the UK for 181 days a year to be a UK tax resident!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[
Absolutely mystifying all beige menu from Marie this time around. Marie's Mood Ring™: Food vandalism.
Cold and wet in Crozon yesterday, featuring Potts dressed as octogenarian Tom Jones.

Starter
"Iconic Emergency Soup": Potatoes, leeks, carrots, onions, blue cheese, coriander, and chili.
Marie's Mood Ring™: Chaos from order. Baby tit brown with a garnish of guano.
View attachment 2989030

Entree:
Slow-roasted pork belly, sweet potato, sauteed spinach, celeriac puree, zucchini, mushroom, and nasturtium leaves.
Marie's Mood Ring™: Chaos from order: Winter food, also baby tit brown.
Three ounces out-of-season burned meat, disguised by one-ounce servings of five vegetables, none complementary to each other or the burned pork, garnished with too-big leathery nasturtium leaves, better one small and the rest in a chiffonade. The meat took so long to cook and the portion was so meager, I had three hours to mess around with vegetables and made them as brown as I could.
View attachment 2989032

Dessert:
White chocolate cream with mango sorbet, passionfruit, Norwegian pannekaker (?), flowers from the garden and three berries.
Marie's Mood Ring™: Chaos from order: Dissonant components uglified with garnish. I will take the ugliest fruit I can find as garnish, passionfruit seeds, to continue with my baby tit brown theme. I will stifle mango and passionfruit flavors with white chocolate, an essentially flavorless empty calorie food. I will then add too-rustic and not crisp-enough pancake, and snark three berries, an ugly, incoherent presentation with three unacceptable components -- slimy passionfruit seeds, white chocolate, and non-edible flowers.
View attachment 2989036

Cold Spring Night Dinner, sans baby tit, at Lalande Reset with the unsuitable and out-of-season groceries:

Sweet Potato, Chili and Lime Soup
Slow-Roasted Pork Belly
Leek and Carrot Gratin
Edna Lewis' Featherlight Potato Rolls
Norwegian Pancakes, Filled with Lalande Honey-Sweetened Fresh Cream Cheese, and Homemade Peach-Mango Jam, with Peach, Mango, Rosemary Syrup

What's in season in France now is figs, apricots, almonds, celery and melon. Noire du Berry chicken is served at the local restaurant which offers excellent terroir food of the Berry, three course meals, at €13 and €15, Le Relais du Facteur. Meaning, if the chef at Relais can swing it, the chicken is probably expensive but not prohibitively. (S/he serves it classic, with vin jaune sauce.)
Going here for deep, rich, warming yet light summery flavors.

Home-Smoked Vauvre River Trout, Grilled Figs, Fig Vinaigrette, Toasts
Noire du Berry Chicken Pot au Feu, with Carrots, Potatoes, Leeks (No paywall, gift article)
Wheat Baguette with Chervil Butter Served in Individual Molds
Sheep and Cow Cheeses of the Berry:
Crottin de Chavignol
Pouligny Saint Pierre
Selles sur Cher
Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine
Valençay
Celery Hearts, Homemade Melon Chutney, Homemade Whole Grain Sesame Crackers (No paywall)
Homemade Apricot Ice Cream, Apricot Coulis, Fresh Apricot and Fresh Almond Garnish
Amaretti with Fresh Almonds
@billybudd - look again! There are NOT three berries on that plate! There are one and a half blueberries on that plate - to help save money (LOL!) she cuts them in half.

1718223818866.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Yep those fuckers missed the wedding. Everyone else arrived the night before Viv kept mentioning everyone working etc Fanny and Snorts don't and they missed the wedding. Permasmile looked nice.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Spotted in the DM tonight. The chickens have come in roost.

I've always thought their on-air personas were fake - like her hair colour that doesn't suit her. But it's her eyebrows that bug me the most.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Ton and Oncle's house in the S of F looks big, the grand staircase... I wonder if they're making it two apartments, Amaury&Nutti would be upstairs... I can't see them wanting stairs, they aren't getting any younger. Would be an ideal situation actually.
When they all are settled in the south if France, there is little reason for Auntie and uncle to make a trip to the dump, except very rarely. Stephanie’s going to lose a huge chunk of her CD continent. I guess she plans on going down to her apartment in the south of France and barging in on our aunt, uncle, Cuz, and nutty Frequently in order to film content to fill up a few days a month. That’s gonna leave a large hole in her cast of characters at the dump. I guess you will now have Annalise, Marie if she hasn’t already left, Snorty, and the garden crew, If the not so grand salon, renovation starts in November, she will pass to the crew for months before she takes all for her 3 to 4 months of winter holidays.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Look what puny Pottie got from his restoration of his tack room apartment since the grift began.

The kitchen, with its Portuguese marble worksurface, is fully equipped, and also has a wine fridge, dish washer and small fridge.Heating to be installed, and a bathroom / bath tub update. Did Amaury make interior shutters for the Potty place? He got the apartment and hallway painted, etc.

Stephanie has announced that the tack room is available for rent! Alas, the tack room has no open slots for June, July, 1 3 night 4 day slot open in August, and 1 3 night 4 day stay in September, and 2 days in October ( but the room rental requires a 3 night stay, so nothing in October, 2024).

Lalande
Learn More

ARRIVING
Thu 15 August 2024

NIGHTS

GUESTS
2 Adults

BEST RATE
€930.00 $ 1001.00

This is the publicity photos and yet the chandelier is missing most of it's bulbs........

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
View attachment 2990406

While the Patreons are deluded enough to open their wallets to Fanny and buy stars en-masse, I don't believe any of them are daft enough to think their name would be on the chapel ceiling next to their star... Fanny led her viewers to believe she was going to put up a master directory for those who purchased stars. Ah, but alas, instead you get a "link" to click and a picture of a star. Something is fishy- Fanny has zero integrity- who is to say she hasn't "resold" the same stars over and over again- "Sorry- the chapel required more work, so now you are a fractional owner of a star!" Her scamming knows no bounds.
There is no publicly available master directory to show all the stars and to whom they are dedicated. That is super shady. I believe when people purchased a star, they thought they were publicly honoring their loved ones With a notice that would be available to the public on the Internet. You are right TRex, they just get an individualized link to their one star that they are renting for seven years.

I think they could be double selling stars or they want to make it difficult to add up all the stars that have been sold to precisely calculate the amount of money they’ve actually received from the star scam.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
This is the publicity photos and yet the chandelier is missing most of it's bulbs........
The bulbs would be academic, anyway, as the chandelier metal chain doesn’t look as if there’s wiring for electricity threaded through it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
There is no publicly available master directory to show all the stars and to whom they are dedicated. That is super shady. I believe when people purchased a star, they thought they were publicly honoring their loved ones With a notice that would be available to the public on the Internet. You are right TRex, they just get an individualized link to their one star that they are renting for seven years.

I think they could be double selling stars or they want to make it difficult to add up all the stars that have been sold to precisely calculate the amount of money they’ve actually received from the star scam.
You can't find it on their website, but it's here, you have to go in to buy one and see what's available, but you're absolutely right, I could not find anything until I typed in to google 'La lande adopt a star' There's no link on their website. https://www.chateaudelalande.com/adopt-a-star/borromeo-constellation/

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
That might explain all the new dump accounts... Nutti knows about all the old ones so they can't use them to pass blame onto Amaury...
I wonder what happened to the original Ian … like Shrek, I think he was smitten with her ( he gave her a pink hard hat years and years ago and called her Princess ) He also tried to win her over with pain au chocolate (he knows she’s a greedy pig) .They clearly had a massive fall out after that upstairs bathroom leak and he was never seen again .

I recall he’s married - I think his wife own a clothes / shoe shop in the village (?) Back in Ye Olden Days I (wrongly) thought she even maybe Clara. Mrs Ian will have SO much info on Despicable Fanny from way back when. . As soon as I’m in that area of France (which is no time soon), I’m going into her shop and try to speak with her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.