The Chateau Diaries #311 Got to pretend to be in the UK for 181 days a year to be a UK tax resident!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fanny "lives in the fear of not able to film", the codeine has kicked in! More like she lives in fear that the "gravy train" will be coming to an end.

Where did the codeine come from Fanny? There are exercises you can do while in bed for your back or hip, check your vast library, don't you have any books on health? You have books on everything else!
She has a bad back from paint stripping so spends the day in bed? But cant Rog through multiple airports in the last 8 months with no sign of overkill…….and the only reason she should b3 in bed all £at with a bad back at her age is if Phiphi has been hammering her all night. I know this fro personal experience…..I pulled a hip muscle from spending the darkness hours doing just that, also with a much younger man. But the benefits outweigh the body pain and enable yo7 to push through. Clearly she’s not being shagged enough. I can only see Phiphi dipping his toe in the lady pond for a few seconds then getting a shiver and falling asleep. Poor Steph is doomed to a life of dissatisfaction and broccunting

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Trying to keep up here but my garden has been consuming most of my time. However I have to say Fanny is lying… about most everything. She most likely has convinced herself these lies are truth. No way in hell throwing clips together takes hours of her precious time. Her viewers need to stop funding her via Patreon. What she makes off you tube alone could fund her projects, I mean this outrageous grifting has taken the cake IMO.

Her level of taking advantage of people is disgusting and she is raking in such big numbers yet I have NEVER seen her give in a charitable way (Except the embarrassing contribution in SA). She could pay it forward a bit and help so many in need… including animals. I have never witnessed such a selfish unsympathetic privileged person in all my days.

I know you all know this… just putting it on record. Hope everyone is doing ok. I know some are struggling with health issues my thoughts and prayers for your healing.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I've often wondered with the likelihood of so many of these being robo-comments, how many are repeat commenters (or does each one get a new fake username?). Where have all of her rabid faithful gone?
I’ve had the same thought lately. Especially given the rise of ChatGPT. It’s precisely the sort of tool our poor, pitiful, poisonous princess would take advantage of.

• Heart
How proud the prancing twerp looks, standing there in his ill-fitting jacket that’s straining to contain his podgy tum.

View attachment 2987551

As if those two useless individuals will be of any help chez Richmond. Just an excuse for another lengthy leisure drive.
Fanny has a dodgy hip, bad back and can’t lift anything heavier than that damn yellow Souleiado bag. Snorty won’t want to break a nail or put Ratso, his emotional support dog, down. Exactly how much heavy lifting are the lazy, gruesome twosome going to be able to do at Tante and Oncle’s - NONE! Better they send Grunt and his daughter down south to get crap done, but Fanny needs a holiday and at a push she hates staying at the shitoo for more than 3 days.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Clearly they are going down south to tant’n’tons to play ‘empty the boxes’ so that they are on hand to grab absolutely anything the older-hoarders decide they CAN live without and whisk it straight back to restock the millimetres of empty space available in Narnia or for Dingo to pack away to rot in the manky containers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Fanny has a dodgy hip, bad back and can’t lift anything heavier than that damn yellow Souleiado bag. Snorty won’t want to break a nail or put Ratso, his emotional support dog, down. Exactly how much heavy lifting are the lazy, gruesome twosome going to be able to do at Tante and Oncle’s - NONE! Better they send Grunt and his daughter down south to get crap done, but Fanny needs a holiday and at a push she hates staying at the shitoo for more than 3 days.
The can go and buy more shite for the petit appartement, she won't have a bad back or dodgy hip for that.

The next big holiday will be the quest for a stone for the stoneless ring.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
How proud the prancing twerp looks, standing there in his ill-fitting jacket that’s straining to contain his podgy tum.

View attachment 2987551

As if those two useless individuals will be of any help chez Richmond. Just an excuse for another lengthy leisure drive.
If it's any consolation it's really windy here at the moment. And I mean really windy. Folk who aren't from here find it difficult to deal with and often give up and move on.
---
If old Dingo is doing chores around LaLaLande for Fanny and Co. and he does not lift a finger at home..... well, when he finally gets home old Mrs Dingo will set the dogs on him !!:ROFLMAO:
And not without reason.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
M&M there are a number of her books and books about her on Australian ebay !
I am not sure where you live so postage could be $$ but I think well worth it.
I have found four or five books on eBay, coming from Australia (of course), all manner of different price points. I haven't really looked at them in depth, as I'll wait to see what Gertie thinks is a good one. Shipping from Australia seems to be in the $30 ($45 AUD roughly) range. I also found at least one of her older books on Amazon - it's called 'The Vision of Edna Walling', which looks like a good one, shipping out of New York.

I love reading books about garden designers. When I was younger and just learning to garden, I read a number of books that I really enjoyed because it's how I learned about plants. One of my favorites was called 'Dear Friend and Gardener', which was a collection of letters back and forth between Beth Chatto and Christopher Lloyd.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’d like to say, I honestly could care less about tit and tat at the farmhouse in the middle of nowhere to some and somewhere to others, Don’t care about the cast and characters, I do however feel empathy towards the animals that are not taken care of and I suppose if I lived in France or spoke French, I could do some reporting. That being said I just like y’all so I stick around for the ups and downs of the hags and tarts and get my daily laugh in. If I can piss off one of them on occasion it makes me giggle. But truthfully, if people want to waste money giving money to content creators go for it I myself just sent $10 in to river for something he said about the 14 soldiers lost in Afghanistan. So all of you have a grand day I said what I said

• Heart
Who at that wedding party is Snorts staying late at the party to dance with???
According to the clock in the bedroom it is 1.30 in the morning. Is Fanny lying just so she doesn’t have to show the weirdo hiding under the sheets or is Fanny pretending to work hard for HER viewers 🙄
Well, here is what REALLY happened. Snorts and the Egyptologist danced the night away with Permasmile bouncing around between them, and then the two left to dance by themselves outside under the lilacs. While lying Steph went to bed alone. As it should be.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I've often wondered with the likelihood of so many of these being robo-comments, how many are repeat commenters (or does each one get a new fake username?). Where have all of her rabid faithful gone?
You only have to look at who's available... Nutti has been distracted in the south of France.. so Snorts is doing it all alone, note how his nasty personality is shining through.. and the broken English isn't showing up as much.. Imagine sitting all day long in a dark, freezing, damp farmhouse answering comments all day long. No wonder she gained weight and looked rough... She's looking more her old self these days.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
@M&MsMom I looked through my tubs of books and could only find two.

Edna Walling And Her Gardens by Peter Watts. One chapter is devoted toBickleigh Vale Village referenced by @Pekey - a group of cottages built and landscaped in the main by Edna, with some help. I've given a link which may give you some insight as to how it looks.

I also have The Edna Walling Book of Australian Garden Design, edited by Margaret Barrett - a lucky op shop find. This book has a detailed list of plants favoured by EW.

I've got another three tubs to go through in one of the storage rooms. We literally just camp in this house and will list any I find. I'm pretty sure I have her biography and a book which is a collection of articles she used to write for Home Beautiful magazine here, both of which are enjoyable reads.

Not only was EW an Australian gardening pioneer with her own much sought after distinctive gardening style but a lesbian. She usually got about in jodhpurs and a jacket, very Beatrix Havergal, the woman who established the School of Horticulture for Ladies at Waterperry. Miss Trunchbull from Roald Dahl's Matilda was based on Beatrix.

I have books in Melbourne which detail and illustrate her designs and garden layout, however, I won't be back for another week and a half.
Thank you! Please, please don't put yourself out here going through all those tubs! I found a biography about her on Amazon, which I've ordered this morning called 'The Unusual Life of Edna Walling'. I suspected that the word 'unusual' was code for something to do with her sexual orientation!

I saw the book on eBay with her collection of writings in Home Beautiful magazine called 'Letters to Garden Lovers'...that's up my alley and the sort of thing I really enjoy. I'm going to get my husband to order for me. I also see your op shop find on eBay and I'd like that, too, but it's a little too pricey for me, although it's supposedly in mint condition and is here in the US. Also saw the book you posted here, the Bickleigh Vale one - that looks good, too! There are several vintage books by her on eBay and I'm going to have fun deciding which to get, but I'll have two to get me started!

But now....I have my own gardening to do. I have two more days of low to non-humidity days with temps in the 70's before it gets hot and humid here again on Thursday. It's overcast here today, which is perfect to work in, as I'm mostly on the side of my house that gets the hot sun. It's a large 20 foot by 6 foot bed, on a slope, so not so easy to work in and that poor side of my house always gets the short shrift, so I have a lot of weeding to do there. Out of nowhere, my husband has offered to help me, so I think even he realizes it's a lofty goal!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
"Wild strawberries" from the garden.
1718115881068.png

I saw this and thought of PhiPhi. Is this what he thinks he's doing?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Looks who's popped up on 'One Turret Short of a Chateau' comments. Condescending barstool :rolleyes::rolleyes:

qfZ6-9vz5-K8qEFJqJpbQJYQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

@LaReynedEpee
1 day ago
I've been wondering for a while how it's not expanded more. A couple of thoughts I have - people do go for the main château channels more. Another reason might be that this has more in the way of "adult" content - no problem for most of us, but I've seen a suggestion that YouTube promotes those less in favour of child-friendly. (Though personally I could do with less conspiracy theory nonsense that they insist on putting into my feed ) Of course, it does also take time to build - Nicki Positano said it took her 10 years to get to 100k subscribers then another year to go to 200k.
Still, in the end, it's advertising for the future business

And then proceeds to comment on tumble drying. Snorts is now an expert on laundry & drying techniques :

@susanamann1806
1 day ago
They did hang clothes in attic on lines that ran the length of the attic and those wooden laundry hanger things that they raised and lowered. Don't know the technical term. Flowers are so pretty. Go Merlot go

nUAPQCqHSR9flmILDnADA_W4=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

@chrislarsen2684
1 day ago
Word of Advice - Tumble Dryer!!

8QN1AcmWmlXKdp0ev5rGSwCw=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

@jenh9252
1 day ago
And shrunken clothes

qfZ6-9vz5-K8qEFJqJpbQJYQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

@LaReynedEpee
1 day ago
@jenh9252
Not if you know how to work it properly

Jesus he's insufferable.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
My bet is that Stephanie and Philip are going to SOF on the guise of "helping" Amaury's parents......so that they can see all the "stuff" they have and possibly get some of it for themselves. Stephanie doesn't do anything for anyone unless there's something in it for her. And I'm not just talking about footage for her vlog - she wants some of the family treasures!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.