The Chateau Diaries #305 2 containers full of junk and off to the brocante to buy more. Weeee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Neighbour just called us to say northern lights visible above our place. Hubby delighted as he thinks he can now cross Trip to Iceland off my bucket list. Orangy pink river of light.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
This is from 2010 but so much could be said of CHMN, imagine Alex P going there !
Oh Pyke! Alex is cool. I ended up watching the whole thing, she had her work cut out, resistant to change on crack! I would adore Alex to march into the Shitoo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
To all of you who have posted the Northern Lights - how lucky you are!
It's passing over my area in the US around 3:00 a.m........unfortunately, on the weather report this evening they said we probably would not be able to view it, since we have nothing but rain and clouds. I am fairly upset about that! Our local news said that it was putting on quite a show in Europe and it appears it has!

Enjoy it and thanks for sharing your pictures!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Aha! Gotcha witch!!! Those are vintage, one-of-a-kind Richard Minadeo earrings! Perhaps she had ratfaced Permasmile source them! Here’s a selection of what’s currently on the market.

One tip for Old Babes, I forget where I picked it up: No Interesting Earrings.
They look weird with both Botox and wrinkles.
Study Catherine Deneuve's earrings in Indochine. All plain pendants as the Belle Cath was beginning to decay about the jaw and neck.
Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 5.25.04 PM.png

These things Fanny has on are the very definition of Interesting Earrings. Which don't look good on anybody over 23.
Good one, @MRShavershamsdress.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh, so you’ve heard of her exploits?!?🧐🫣😂
Great series called a Very British Scandal with Clare Foy and Paul Bethany. Interesting times and the Duke of Argyle doesn’t come away unscathed either. Sort a product of their class but not Very nice people.
---
There was a vlog I ran across earlier this week from Tales from Tuscany. But the video is no longer available as they had photos of the dump. Thought it was interesting that it was allowed but when I click on the link it states the video is no longer available but I can watch it on my app. If this was shared previously, my apologies, I was neck deep at work. If I can figure a way to grab screenshots I will but it may be next week as the weekenView attachment 2927943d is very busy. When looking at their account, it appears this video was redone.

This is the weblink:
Nobody was at the chateau lol how unexpected 😂🤣😆 plus wtf with these sunglasses - style prison 😂 OMG she’s talking about the distance anbd how far away the HMN is and the long drive. Natzi day off but it’s the busy tourist season so that’s why it’s expected that fanny, snorts and natzi aren’t there. Huh I don’t get it can someone explain 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
We have an excellent food truck culture here and several are known for their Baja fish tacos. I’ve never seen them made with salmon. It’s always been with a firm grilled white fish or a flakey fried white fish. Here it’s commonly tilapia or cod and always served as you described them. The fish would normally take a backseat to the flavors of the other ingredients, which is why freshness is paramount here.
I think Baja fish tacos your way may be one of the top 20 good things to eat. Perfect balance. So scrummy. I killed myself once and made the salsa with fresh tomatillos. Now that was delicious.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
OMG....... just watching the latest CD and the load of boxes lining that hallway full of books and More to come!!!
Bat tit Crazy.
---
Another OMG........ now FRK has to wear a brooch on her apron! :rolleyes:

You can bet that cornflower on the Pav's FRK made have been pissed on by the dogs in the Vege garden! :ROFLMAO:

Snorts at the end of the table acting like King of the Castle ! :cautious:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
This would be a better option, if you have the $$$$
I have a girlfriend who planned on buying into this (pre-covid). I recall sitting in her kitchen looking at a couple of brochures. It's like a condo on the water and the owners vote on their itinerary a couple of years ahead. She had inherited lots of money pre-marriage and didn't plan to include her hubby in this adventure, but as it happens, she developed MS, the plan was shelved and now, in her late 50's, she's increasingly reliant on her hubby for care.
$hit happens!
(Cautionary tale Snorty & Fanny, this could happen to you)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
To all of you who have posted the Northern Lights - how lucky you are!
It's passing over my area in the US around 3:00 a.m........unfortunately, on the weather report this evening they said we probably would not be able to view it, since we have nothing but rain and clouds. I am fairly upset about that! Our local news said that it was putting on quite a show in Europe and it appears it has!

Enjoy it and thanks for sharing your pictures!
It's misty outside where I am in England but other parts have a beautiful shows. Do not despair tho as it's supposed to be until Sunday. So you may be able to see something. :)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
After at @Pekey comment re the boxes in corridor I fast forwarded to the section in video. OMG/JMJ! 66 - 67 boxes of books, weighing up to 15 kilos (as per Grant’s comment).

Grant has packed her father’s art books (I thought they were not going to be packed). So a maximum estimate of up to 1000 kilos (1 tonne!) of books which aren’t looked at, dusted or ownership remembered. I just can’t fathom this.

How on earth are they going to get these down stairs? They don’t even own a hand trolley. I remember a guest/patron gifted Amaury 2 small wheeled platform trolleys for moving furniture.

Grant insist Stephanie hire conveyer belts to transport them down the stairs. When Stephanie said a ‘team of us’ is needed she means a team of you…and your daughter.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Where was the promised perfect guest experience? Did I miss something?
While FRK did not use gloves to plate the food (probably wiping her runny nose between assembling courses), she did use a bag to make the forking pavlovas (my God- how many times can she make a pavlova in this month? Why not just bake a damn cake for a change! Was it wrong @billybudd I hoped that bag contained buttercream frosting to go atop a cake?!? SMH!) Fanny pulease- the "perfect guest experience" is eschewing your terrible overpriced lodging and dining options for a Novotel and to eat local. No one wants to stay at your sketchy, hazardous overpriced Shitoo that you rave about being "armazing" just to meet you and Sir Snortsalot for an overpriced sad dinner. There are so many better Chateaux to stay at nearby. Even the promise of unwashed Yves Delorme towels cannot gloss over the fact those showers are going to be cold, and the chef has obviously contracted whatever respiratory illness Fanny has contracted on her many travels as of late. People are wisening up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
How on earth are they going to get these down stairs?
Well it won't be her delicate boyfriend Snort or her!!!
Its disgusting Rory !!!
---
Where was the promised perfect guest experience? Did I miss something?
Yes you did Lady Pink!
You get a Free Workout dragging her books to the container and Don't Go There with a Free massage- girl, you have to PAY for that out of Your own $$$$ :mad:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
After at @Pekey comment re the boxes in corridor I fast forwarded to the section in video. OMG/JMJ! 66 - 67 boxes of books, weighing up to 15 kilos (as per Grant’s comment).

Grant has packed her father’s art books (I thought they were not going to be packed). So a maximum estimate of up to 1000 kilos (1 tonne!) of books which aren’t looked at, dusted or ownership remembered. I just can’t fathom this.

How on earth are they going to get these down stairs? They don’t even own a hand trolley. I remember a guest/patron gifted Amaury 2 small wheeled platform trolleys for moving furniture.

Grant insist Stephanie hire conveyer belts to transport them down the stairs. When Stephanie said a ‘team of us’ is needed she means a team of you…and your daughter.
Fanny better order more containers. To think Fanny made Selmar hide his caravan out back in the woods.
Soon the shitoo is going to look like a gypsy caravan site.
1715395529582.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
To think Fanny made Selmar hide his caravan out back in the woods.
Soon the shitoo is going to look like a gypsy caravan site.
Poor bloody Selmar and Diesel ....... you ugly - go hide!!! :mad:
Your right Lady A...... it will look like a gypsy caravan site BUT........ Fanny and Snorts can have a Gypsy Wedding ..... Paaaarfect !

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.