The Chateau Diaries #30 The Charlatan Chatelaine & the French Heritage Society

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Assuming you mean she’s overdue for a Botox top up? The only other thing I can think of is early menopause and it’s not being kind!
What do you mean by early menopause? She turns 46 this year. I thought that would be appropriate timing for menopause.
(I can't believe I'm opening this can of worms with a bunch of women)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
😰 It's Saturday morning in Canada and I have 33 pages of reading to catch up! :eek:

I am curious what Brenda Gibbons has been up to, as I have heard that she was going off again in one of her pages.

Side note, but has anyone read this article about Escape to the Chateau series? I could only read a few paragraphs until a window popped up asking me to subscribe and pay. I am not familiar with this newspaper/media, so I am not sure if they are trash or not.
In a way, I would not be surprised it it were all true, as I work in film and tv and once some people are put in front of the cameras they turn into entitled monsters, but who knows.

I think that I need to make a whole pot of tea to get caught up on all the posts and watching P. Phillips funeral.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What do you mean by early menopause. She turns 46 this year. I thought that would be appropriate timing for menopause.
😂 start of menopause is usually 50, early 50’s. Perimenopausal is mid to late 40’s with usually no symptoms, minimal changes

😰 It's Saturday morning in Canada and I have 33 pages of reading to catch up! :eek:

I am curious what Brenda Gibbons has been up to, as I have heard that she was going off again in one of her pages.

Side note, but has anyone read this article about Escape to the Chateau series? I could only read a few paragraphs until a window popped up asking me to subscribe and pay. I am not familiar with this newspaper/media, so I am not sure if they are trash or not.
In a way, I would not be surprised it it were all true, as I work in film and tv and once some people are put in front of the cameras they turn into entitled monsters, but who knows.

I think that I need to make a whole pot of tea to get caught up on all the posts and watching P. Phillips funeral.
Full article on Strawbridges a few pages back.

Reactions: 6
😂 start of menopause is usually 50, early 50’s. Perimenopausal is mid to late 40’s with usually no symptoms, minimal changes
The internet tells me that menopause typically occurs between the ages 45 and 55, the average age being about 51. Still seems to me that it would be just the right timing for our Shitelaine to have menopause.
(But I really don't care either way 😅 )

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I agree, they made the right decision to save that stove. Such a shame they don't use it.
It may not match the architecture of the home ( ha ha but what does in that house ) , but a big butcher block cover top could be made to put over this old stove and make this area a perfect prep place near the window there for veggies or assembling ingredients ( would not cut meat directly on it as it would be very hard to sanitize it afterwards). It would be big and heavy but could be built in such a way that handles could be cut out within the wood so that it could be easily lifted by 2 people and removed.

Reactions: 15

Yes I posted screenshots of the whole article on previous page 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 4
OK - so I do not see excessive drinking. I see people enjoying a life that includes drinking. If she is an alcoholic, I see no evidence of it. Goodness knows where all the calories are going as there are plenty of those in cocktails and champagne.
She has declared herself non profit - it is perfectly legal to do so as far as we know. Her accountant will have checked with the authorities. Avoidance of taxes is perfectly legal and indeed wise. Evasion is a different matter. If she is ever accused of that then my attitude would rapidly U turn. The 40,000 euros a month - I think is perfectly fair. I watch two vlogs and a patreon vlog - which adds up to about an hour and a quarter per week (I agree with everything you say about the Gift Grab and think it should be stopped and so never watch) - for my £5.50 per month. For £1.10 per hour, this is very inexpensive entertainment, If people do not want to pay her minimum, I understand they can even reduce their contribution to $1 per month, or see everything for free (including GAG) except the patreon vlog. I am not sure what lies she is telling - she is remarkably open. She has not hidden her additional wealth - we are all aware she has plenty. Whose lives is she destroying "DOWN THE ROAD"? Every person who is at that chateau is there of their own free will and she is paying them or offered them employment. These people are adults, free to do as they wish. Until I see anything illegal or immoral, I won't be making those accusations. So what does it come down to - whether you like her or not. And you do not, and I do. This does not mean that there is not a great deal to criticise, to be irritated by, to enjoy, to laugh at, and to discuss. And believe me, I have far more in common with the Tattle crew than I have for the live chat fans, with whom I have nothing in common.
Whether I personally like SJ or not is completely irrelevant, as is your £5.50 per month and your calculation accounting for that amount. I am not saying you should or shouldn’t pay for what she is putting out, that is indeed a personal decision. You are fortunate enough to have more information at your disposal since you are reading here, information most fans and patrons have not because they choose to look the other way and believe that she is telling the truth and nothing but. I’m still pretty convinced that many of them, were they to read here too, would be prone to change their minds about helping her.
Knowing what you know, since you are reading here, saying that she has not hidden her personal wealth and is remarkably open, is a complete joke that I in no way can take serious. She has literally said on several occasions she could not afford to buy food without the help of her viewers, which is a complete and dispicable lie, a very effective one as it has turned out.
Many of her other lies and half truths have been exposed here. You might not find them serious enough to act on, but it’s very clear she’s only telling and showing us what she want us to know and see. There's a lot of interesting posts here explaining her narcissistic behavior and the devastating effects it has on the people around her, the same behavior you apparently value as innocent and morally just, or entertaining. Being an adult has nothing to do with being vulnerable for that kind of behavior, nor does their initial choice of staying. We know she's paying (some of) them, but we have no actual proof she is employing them, do we. As in following the French rules. My bet is she's not, but you don't have to take my word for it, obviously.
It's quite clear to me that there’s no sense in arguing while ignoring or downplaying the facts. All I am saying is that’s not “seeing it as it is” but "seeing it as you want it to be".

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I do think Marie is never going to leave the shatoo. SJJ announced that Marie will be put on the payroll for putting out breakfast when the B&B reopens. It's okay. This is where she belongs being shuffled from shed to shed and room to room all the while gathering weeds for her many jars. I do hope she doesn't end up locked in the attic as an old woman.
Poor Marie, I really fear her not ever finding a guy at that place. Doesn't she need sex at all? All of them? They are all so young, how can they go for a week without? No wonder she looks sullen.That's so sad.... Sorry to bother you with sextalk, I am just reminiscing those days when I used to have sex twice a day. Now I do laundry twice a day😂

PJJ is going to be so jealous! I can't wait to see how he reacts on the vlogs as he can't control his facial expressions. SJJ will be ordering PJJ around while sitting on the veranda with her cousin drinking champagne after a hard day of panel figuring.
Royals can marry their cousins right? 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
What do you mean by early menopause? She turns 46 this year. I thought that would be appropriate timing for menopause.
Indeed by 47 I was starting the menopause and my friend was late 30s. My face hasn’t collapsed like hers though. I think if she was to put a little weight on her face would look better,

• Heart
Reactions: 11
"Only when human sorrows are turned into a toy with glaring colors will baby people become interested - for a while at least.
The people are a very fickle baby that must have a new toy everyday." Emma Goldman

SJ is not stupid. She knows the ride will end, it's just a matter of when. Her collection of people; (fans, lovers, volunteers, family, friends and even haters) will move on, leaving her with the memories, (and a bunch of ugly stuff), of her glory days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
One can't read the article if not subscriber.
I am not at all surprised.
Nasty pieces of work those two.
Greed and show off, that's their middle name.
Calling a suite "la potagerie" :eek: The word potagerie does not exist. Why did'nt they ask?
Oh no sorry, they know better.
Potagerie: not in the "Larousse", not in the "Robert". Could be a made up word for a factory where soup (potage) is made????? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Wikiped is not a reference for French dictionnary.
A narrow boat in the moat, decorated by Andrea Putman? No, wrecked by Angela Strawbridge.
A camper van decorated with taste? No, just ugly tat.
A glamping area? No, a tent floating on the water and on the bank of the moat. Damp and dark with molded bed sheets guaranted.
Stables and tack room tastefully transformed into a charming flat? No, plasterboard carelessly stuck on dusty walls + wreckage of original features + decoration as charming as a restaurant on the M1.
The orangerie: last time I was courageous enough to watch them, they were building a loo. Yes, yes. The orangerie does not have running water and the loo is now a wooden shed outside the orangerie. Dry loo. Ecofriendly I have to say. Do they have a proper loo now???? Mystery and blue frogs!
Building 2 aviaries outside, with cats lurking around them.:mad: Were they even birds for outside??? For sure, a whim from the grande prêtresse de la déco. Poor birds.
Cooking chickens in an old oil tank:sick: Yum!!
How do people pay a lot for what this couple has to offer is beyond me.
They are not worth it

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Whether I personally like SJ or not is completely irrelevant, as is your £5.50 per month and your calculation accounting for that amount. I am not saying you should or shouldn’t pay for what she is putting out, that is indeed a personal decision. You are fortunate enough to have more information at your disposal since you are reading here, information most fans and patrons have not because they choose to look the other way and believe that she is telling the truth and nothing but. I’m still pretty convinced that many of them, were they to read here too, would be prone to change their minds about helping her.
Knowing what you know, since you are reading here, saying that she has not hidden her personal wealth and is remarkably open, is a complete joke that I in no way can take serious. She has literally said on several occasions she could not afford to buy food without the help of her viewers, which is a complete and dispicable lie, a very effective one as it has turned out.
Many of her other lies and half truths have been exposed here. You might not find them serious enough to act on, but it’s very clear she’s only telling and showing us what she want us to know and see. There's a lot of interesting posts here explaining her narcissistic behavior and the devastating effects it has on the people around her, the same behavior you apparently value as innocent and morally just, or entertaining. Being an adult has nothing to do with being vulnerable for that kind of behavior, nor does their initial choice of staying. We know she's paying (some of) them, but we have no actual proof she is employing them, do we. As in following the French rules. My bet is she's not, but you don't have to take my word for it, obviously.
It's quite clear to me that there’s no sense in arguing while ignoring or downplaying the facts. All I am saying is that’s not “seeing it as it is” but "seeing it as you want it to be".
💜
Indeed

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am not at all surprised.
Nasty pieces of work those .....
......Building 2 aviaries outside, with cats lurking around them.:mad: Were they even birds for outside??? For sure, a whim from the grande prêtresse de la déco. Poor birds.

How do people pay a lot for what this couple has to offer is beyond me.
They are not worth it
It was at this point, that I lost any respect for them, and haven't watched them since. Poor birds had no shelter from the sun, wind or rain. Cruel...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
OK - so I do not see excessive drinking. I see people enjoying a life that includes drinking. If she is an alcoholic, I see no evidence of it. Goodness knows where all the calories are going as there are plenty of those in cocktails and champagne.
She has declared herself non profit - it is perfectly legal to do so as far as we know. Her accountant will have checked with the authorities. Avoidance of taxes is perfectly legal and indeed wise. Evasion is a different matter. If she is ever accused of that then my attitude would rapidly U turn. The 40,000 euros a month - I think is perfectly fair. I watch two vlogs and a patreon vlog - which adds up to about an hour and a quarter per week (I agree with everything you say about the Gift Grab and think it should be stopped and so never watch) - for my £5.50 per month. For £1.10 per hour, this is very inexpensive entertainment, If people do not want to pay her minimum, I understand they can even reduce their contribution to $1 per month, or see everything for free (including GAG) except the patreon vlog. I am not sure what lies she is telling - she is remarkably open. She has not hidden her additional wealth - we are all aware she has plenty. Whose lives is she destroying "DOWN THE ROAD"? Every person who is at that chateau is there of their own free will and she is paying them or offered them employment. These people are adults, free to do as they wish. Until I see anything illegal or immoral, I won't be making those accusations. So what does it come down to - whether you like her or not. And you do not, and I do. This does not mean that there is not a great deal to criticise, to be irritated by, to enjoy, to laugh at, and to discuss. And believe me, I have far more in common with the Tattle crew than I have for the live chat fans, with whom I have nothing in common.
Is this Isabelle by chance? LOL!!! She has lied from day one about her wealth. If somebody can't even hold down a job, how is one going to buy a flat in London? Yeah none of her stories add up. I wouldn't dream of wasting my hard earned money on that spoilt brat.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
The internet tells me that menopause typically occurs between the ages 45 and 55, the average age being about 51. Still seems to me that it would be just the right timing for our Shitelaine to have menopause.
(But I really don't care either way 😅 )
I am 50 and feel like menopause since almost 8 years (hairloss, moodswings, weight gain, moodswings, sleeping problems, moodswings,... 😉) and my gyn keeps teeling me nope. So I am pretty scared actually for once it really hits me😳

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.