The Chateau Diaries #3 Escape to La La Land

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The neves will be overcome by the prospect of unalloyed praise from her many "friends", from far and wide, who will egg her on bolster her confidence.

Such a shame that these festive vlogs by Donegal's answer to Martha Stewart will only be seen by those lucky enough to be in her Facebook inner sanctum.
🚨🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🚨

👀 hold tight .... featuring on a blog close to you 😝👁😝

I wouldn't be surprised if he was betrayed. I mean look at how fast Stephanie has seemed to dump him for Oliver. That doesn't sit well with me as it was Micahel who helped her in the first place with youtube. I can understand why there is a rift between them.
Think a few cross wires here ...

Oliver lives and works in uk 🇬🇧

The channel was about vacations and the arts ect ... world 🌎 is in lock down so no vacations

On MP - brutally honest here I loved dick n angle And until there’s more clarity other than his admission on patron he signed a non disclosure so he can’t and won’t speak - kudos to him

I don’t doubt he FINISHED designs or interpretations of designs ... personally I don’t .... but there’s a fine line in their part that “I’m Not acknowledging “ his ... improvements
I get the impression he signed and has leisure to repent - not knowing his true value

Still not quite in Love 😍 with the Strawbridge sss 🙄

Lastly ... noticed LOTL left a angry face on your comment ..... is she here or has someone else in donegal adopting her signature .... the mind boggles 😝🦄🦄🦄🦄

Very true, and that could explain the second gofund me page...LOL!
Another go fund me ....

Ahhhh lads that’s taking liberty 🗽
Seriously 😐
Nope 👎 bad firm he’s got patron at 5 k a month .........

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
On Facebook and YouTube there are regular comments by folks saying they have emailed the chateau but not had a response for weeks. I think that is quite shockingly rude. Nati is now manager full-time, but there can't be that much to occupy her surely? The B&B and workshop season is over, so just running the household can't be over taxing. Even if they are getting hundreds of emails from potential volunteers or guests it should still be possible to plough through them with at least an acknowledgement on the same day.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
On Facebook and YouTube there are regular comments by folks saying they have emailed the chateau but not had a response for weeks. I think that is quite shockingly rude. Nati is now manager full-time, but there can't be that much to occupy her surely? The B&B and workshop season is over, so just running the household can't be over taxing. Even if they are getting hundreds of emails from potential volunteers or guests it should still be possible to plough through them with at least an acknowledgement on the same day.
It’s easy enough to set up an automated custom reply to at least acknowledge receipt.

Reactions: 12
On MP - brutally honest here I loved dick n angle And until there’s more clarity other than his admission on patron he signed a non disclosure so he can’t and won’t speak - kudos to him

I don’t doubt he FINISHED designs or interpretations of designs ... personally I don’t .... but there’s a fine line in their part that “I’m Not acknowledging “ his ... improvements
I get the impression he signed and has leisure to repent - not knowing his true value

Still not quite in Love 😍 with the Strawbridge sss 🙄
Trotter boy didn't understand what he signed when he entered the show. Otherwise there'd be a lawsuit pending already, instead of this ranting in social media.

Reactions: 3
Oh exactly, his youtube channel took off over night.

Is this really Stephanie Jarvis being petty and getting angry at comments? You rake in over $22, 297.00 a month via pateron and other forms of revenue due to youtube. Get over yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Is this really Stephanie Jarvis being petty and getting angry at comments? You rake in over $22, 297.00 a month via pateron and other forms of revenue due to youtube. Get over yourself.
I very much doubt ‘our’ @StephanieJarvis is the LOTL. I like your style, whoever you are, though - just enough reactions to keep us guessing but no more. Challenge @StephanieJarvis - post a picture of a hedgehog here if it is really you . . .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Regarding Dana, I believe she’s married. There is a vlog where SJ stops by her house for dinner and she introduces her husband. Perhaps they aren’t together anymore? It was within the past few months. I’m going to try and find it and link if I do. Does anyone else remember this?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wasn't the supersonic speed at which Michael Petherick's YouTube channel took off something to do with Stephanie tagging him/it on one of the Chateau Diaries' episodes and a Y/T alogrithm kicked in?

Maybe he did help with the designs, but kept his silence and didn't ask for acknowledgement. It was only after they're kicked out from the show they brought this up. Very passive aggressive behavior. I guess they wanted their fans to raise hell against Angela, but he needs to fight his own battles.
I've just watched (YouTube provides endlesws opportunity to while away time early on a Sunday morning!) the Chateau Diaries vlog about the transformation of the Chambre de la Tour (in part using her own footage and in part using some ETTC DIY footage). In the voiceover she mentions two pieces of Angel's potagerie design that she, SJ, had framed (what would Lalande be without framing?!) and says that the design was something that Michael had "helped with". Michael's recent - ages after the potagerie design was unveiled by the Strawbridges - fit of public pique through veiled remarks - is a marriage of sour grapes and naivety.

I am not a fan of his for all sorts of reasons, however I do think the trompe l'oeil panelling Michael created in the Chambre de la Tour was terrific. I've seen similar faux panelling in real life, and it is a very clever optical illusion.

On a side note, while one can't be anything other than impressed that Stephanie taught herself to make curtains, pelmets, swags etc and has made everything herself. I just wish she'd gone one step further and used interlining for the curtains throughout the chateau. It makes the fabric hang so much better. helps keep out draughts and also blocks daylight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
@Bonjouramour Dana herself said in a comment somewhere last week that she had separated from her partner/husband this summer.

Re the Youtube algorithm. It favoured both parties. Stephanie mentioned Michael's new channel which drove traffic to him, and he then referenced her channel and drove all the new viewers to Stephanie. She has slowly built up and maintained her patreon numbers due to superior and consistent content and doesn't owe Michael any favours.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The setting is a chateau kitchen in the gastronomic splendour of France. The introduction is dramatic, the full moon, the chateau in the dawn light, the inspirational score. Boy Trotter brings us a recipe tailored for the occasion. . . scotch eggs (huh?).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I wonder why Ryan's, Petherick and Dans didn't took off that fast since I believe every fan of lalande went over to watch them after announcement. Same thing should have happened there... Algorithm and such...

But also some of those complaining are rude or not realistic expecting answers too soon. Some are really whining. If you follow her chanel you might know it will take a while and that presents aren opend in order of arriving. If I send something nobody asked for I don't expect an answer at all actually Considering requests for B&B I am sure Nati answers properly since this is business.

Regarding Dana, I believe she’s married. There is a vlog where SJ stops by her house for dinner and she introduces her husband. Perhaps they aren’t together anymore? It was within the past few months. I’m going to try and find it and link if I do. Does anyone else remember this?
Yes, that's what I remember, too. But it seems they split

I very much doubt ‘our’ @StephanieJarvis is the LOTL. I like your style, whoever you are, though - just enough reactions to keep us guessing but no more. Challenge @StephanieJarvis - post a picture of a hedgehog here if it is really you . . .
Yes to Hedgehog🤗

I wouldn't be surprised if he was betrayed. I mean look at how fast Stephanie has seemed to dump him for Oliver. That doesn't sit well with me as it was Micahel who helped her in the first place with youtube. I can understand why there is a rift between them.
He might get even more trouble since he didn't really followed the nondisclosure in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
She put on recently she hasnt been with him, since August! So to quash comments regarding her closeness with Selmar I guess....

What I don't understand how MP claims he did all the designs of Angels fabrics. Without being acknowledged. Was he really betrayed or was he so stupid to agree to do it and signed something to give up rights? And why doesn't he just do new designs and make money of it.
From what I remember, Angel did the design,but it needed tweaking, and MP came and helped her to do this..
He was being employed to wait at weddings at their chateau, as their friendship grew, he appeared in more scenes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
The setting is a chateau kitchen in the gastronomic splendour of France. The introduction is dramatic, the full moon, the chateau in the dawn light, the inspirational score. Boy Trotter brings us a recipe tailored for the occasion. . . scotch eggs (huh?).
The most bizarre choice. Do they (apart from St Gwendoline, obviously) embrace anything about living in France?

I only continued watching to see how long it took Not A Masterchef to mention the Fortnum & Mason hamper full of F&M tea which was the most incongruous backdrop to the scotch egg assembly line. Another gift, I thought, from a fawning fan but no...he'd bought himself a treat. This coming from the petulant truculent teenager who only the other day professed to be down to his last €45. Madness. It's all "labels". God alone knows how, when and why F&M became his online corner shop.

And I wish he'd stop the affectation of wearing a flat cap indoors, even if it's the finest Donegal tweed woven from unicorn hair by leprechauns.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
She's a battleship in full sails, cannons blazing :) (like people say about women with big hair, strong colors, lots of bold fantasy jewelry, high heels...) I enjoy her style.
I agree on the clothing style, I have a friend exactly the same , she could put on a bin bag and look fantastic .

Reactions: 4
I agree on the clothing style, I have a friend exactly the same , she could put on a bin bag and look fantastic .
About Stephanie's clothing style ... Not for a French taste I'm afraid. Her style looks awful for French eyes. Sorry.
Especially her bright yellow jacket with shoulders pads and her high heels black boots with sort of strass on them. Horror 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 12
About Stephanie's clothing style ... Not for a French taste I'm afraid. Her style looks awful for French eyes. Sorry.
Especially her bright yellow jacket with shoulders pads and her high heels black boots with sort of strass on them. Horror 😱
Don’t be sorry Calvignac, SJ doesn’t always get it right , wearing pyjamas and a dressing gown ( however nice ) until nearly lunch time is not stylish. My friend is the truly stylish one . In desperation I have even bought a book on how to dress like a parisian :) but it never seems to work .:(

Reactions: 6
SJ likes to disguise and her motto is "more is more" in dressing, decorating and furnishing. Frames and panelings must get a golden pimp up, even the espagnolettes of the windows have to get a golden paint (never seen this before and I've seen a lot of these window-locks).
French (parisian) style is sober, not over-accessorized, few coulours and so on, very different to LOTLs !
French (classy) women wouldn't wear a necklace like the one Philipp repaired.

But I noticed that she is dressing in a more plainer way when she is doing her videos outside of Lalande (e.g. in the La Mirande- and the Souleiado-videos).
To blend in ?
To appear more classy ?

• Heart
  • Angry
I thought Billy forced him to do something on the Pethericks channel to get subscribers

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.