The Chateau Diaries #293 You can crop and you can travel, but the orange fence is still there!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, how much wonga do we reckon they dropped in Brussels?

Which chandelier is going to make an appearance at some point ad that they were given a discount.

Cache pot, cache pot, cache pot, give me strength. Anyone think he was an expert, christ he's boring AF with his pseudo posh accent.

You can't distinguish between Baccarat and Cristal d'Arcques. I think an expert (which you're not Phiphi) would have somehting to say about it. Tosser!

Marie lost interest after 10 min, surprised she lasted that long as they will be an absolute pain in the arse to be with.

She needs to change the name of the channel to Shopping with Hinge & Bracket.

'This is the life', it certainy is on someone elses dime.

Well, high paying patrons, I hope you're happy with your lot.

1709707047885.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I know a lot of you don't like comments on people's appearance but I can't help it. Fanny's skin is so weird it looks too big for her face as though she has climbed in to a giant saggy foreskin. Fanny Foreskin Face the botox ain't cutting it.
---
Where was this posted? Well let home the chickens are coming home to roost. They are a joke on other people purse. This flog 3 countries again and more shopping they are talking the bloody piss. I am not sure which is more off putting the constant travel and shopping or the faux frugality of "we don't need it-60 euros is too much" whenever has their shopping or travel been about need (well the trip to London is a need to dodge paying taxes) but seriously when are people going to stop paying for these spoilt pretentious brats.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I know a lot of you don't like comments on people's appearance but I can't help it. Fanny's skin is so weird it looks too big for her face as though she has climbed in to a giant saggy foreskin. Fanny Foreskin Face the botox ain't cutting it.
---

Where was this posted? Well let home the chickens are coming home to roost. They are a joke on other people purse. This flog 3 countries again and more shopping they are talking the bloody piss. I am not sure which is more off putting the constant travel and shopping or the faux frugality of "we don't need it-60 euros is too much" whenever has their shopping or travel been about need (well the trip to London is a need to dodge paying taxes) but seriously when are people going to stop paying for these spoilt pretentious brats.
It was posted on the chateau de Lalande Facebook page under the latest vlog

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
---

I have decided not to worry about commenting on their appearances. It is relevant to the filth which is going on....if they live badly and piss all over people, then they are fair game in my opinion. Stephanie Jarvis is a washed-up wannabe, any chance of her marrying up is stuffed, she would embarrass any decent man.
Let's face it, she does have some capital and property, but she is hardly an economic catch. Many professional women of her age have accumulated similar amounts. She is past the trophy wife era and would never be considered. She has no society background. She has aged dramatically and is no beauty.
This all sounds superficial, but Stephanie Jarvis thinks she is something she is not. She tries to portray the siren image and fails every time. So, in the end, she can only attract a gay, dumb arse in PhiPhi.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Yes, there were a lot of moments like that "farm" comment while I was watching that made me like them! I'm just not a fan of their filming style with the dramatic music and still pictures of everything. I like it ok, but am not sure I can watch it week after week. For this particular vlog, it was good, though. Hopefully, it evolves. I also had trouble understanding them, mostly because I couldn't hear them very well. It wasn't the Selmar quality of not being able to hear them, but it was close.

Anyhow, I agree with you - I look forward to seeing what they do and will give them a chance.
Give them some time to get their heads around 'vlogging' Not everyone takes a course like Dan did with that NY guy <can't recall his name>

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I was reading about an influencer who killed two young men and the judge said this after she was convicted and it seems to ring true to a lot of the Chateauverse:

'Your tawdry fame as an influencer has made you utterly self obsessed with... no apparent awareness of the impact you have on others, oblivious to the damage you do.'

The judge pointed to the negative impact of social media in the background to the murders.

• Heart
I just cancelled my hate watch Patreon subscription. We get them here reliably and I don’t have any fucks left to give.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I suspect Emma maybe on tattle as her Facebook profile seems to have been created solely for this post. This is worth keeping an eye on until they get out of bed:

Françoise Moulin
Is it your money or the Patreons' money that buys all that stuff you don't need?

Linda Lord
Françoise Moulin I am alarmed at the amount of money spent on travel and unnecessary shopping. They have spent at least €50,000 since Christmas on themselves, so I canceled my patreon account as they can afford to pay for their own restorations

Z-dbClQDXLv.png
Top fan
Belinda Davies
Linda Lord, well done you. Its now beyond a joke, the money they seem to have to spend on more tatt and very expensive holidays. I've never known two people to spend money like there's no tomorrow.
Did they take the poor dog this time? It must think Marie is his mum.

Sacha van Keep
Françoise Moulin i have the same worry, my Patreon money is hard earned, did not have vacation for a year and i am looking at safari's, trips to England , the Netherlands etc..i feel a joke.

Yvonne Fessler
Françoise Moulin They certainly seem to get around!! Who is paying for all their trips? During this time are there paying guests to finance their lifestyle? Does anyone know?

Laura Nolan Cincinat
Françoise Moulin Are you a Patreon subscriber?

Emma Miller
I was a patron but it’s very obvious she can afford Reno but chooses to travel and shop instead. Her friends have outgrown the party castle all she has left is a very very dull boyfriend who contibutes nothing other than to drive her to airports and more shops.

Emma Miller
when she stopped letting her London flat told me she didn’t need the money. Who has ever been on TWENTY SAFARIS.

Emma Miller
why not get back to Lalande and do some prep for the bed and breakfast season. They have been travelling since Christmas on patron dime.

Emma Miller
chateau diaries spends patron money on travelling , eating out but worse shopping and shopping. They constantly vlog and show all the things they don’t even know they have.

Emma Miller
why not get back to Lalande and do some prep for the bed and breakfast season. They have been travelling since Christmas on patron dime.

Emma Miller
Kristi Beisecker Happy shopping.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Please save me from ever having to look at another Murano chandelier while Stephanie coos about their beauteous glory. I loathe them and can only think of fairground tat whenever I see one of the multi-coloured confections. I’ll concede (grudgingly) they might look marvellous in the right place. The location of “the right place” is open to debate.

Stephanie and her spendthrift sidekick are such innocents abroad about buying from a dealer vs buying at auction. It doesn’t seem to occur to them that as soon as an item goes through a sale room and into a dealer’s stock, there’s a mark up which takes into account total purchase price, transport charges and restoration. Add to that a percentage to cover the dealer’s overheads. Then, most probably, multiply by three to arrive at the ticket price (this is dependent on all sort of variables - pick-up something for a song and you’ll up the ante). It gives wriggle room for negotiation with a non-trade purchaser, plus the ability to “sharpen the pencil” when selling to another dealer.

Dealers don’t operate as a charity. When Steff and Philip went to the Dordogne, ostensibly as part of SJ’s convalescence after her hospital stay, they chanced upon that showroom in Sarlat. I say “chanced upon” but take that with a cachepot of salt: it’s well-known and its stock in featured in the online central directory of French furniture and decorative items. Having a shop in Sarlat inevitably means the stock carries a premium.

I have no idea how much SJ and the prancing spent chez Monsieur Renaud. The purchases included the Murano chandelier (groan!) which is hanging in SJ’s bombsite sitting room, the duchesse brisée set up and a couple of armchairs. Monsieur R then took them off to his barn where they bought the bedroom “suite” for Natty’s apartment (ha!). They spied the Napoleon III writing table and got that, with the cost of restoration thrown in. Monsieur R’s largesse continued with the addition of some sort of strange wooden decorative thing and library steps.

The hapless duo thought they’d done some very clever shopping, failing to realise that a dealer’s mind is a high speed calculator. Monsieur R’s “largesse” wasn’t really largesse at all. He knew what he could sell for without denting the overall profit margin.

Dealers rub their hands in glee when people like SJ and the prancing twerp hove into view.

(I await the arrival of the pietra dura table they saw in Brussels as SJ seemed beguiled by the idea of it sitting in the centre of the open air gazebo.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Caroline Murphy
I really enjoyed watching the old CD. I thought Stephanie was kind and fun. Right now, all I see is an opportunist. Didn’t think Stephanie was like this but recently she has shown her true colours. Sad

Emma Miller
Caroline Murphy Money changes people.

Emma Miller

Barry Black
Emma Miller really, why do you bother watching?

Emma Miller
Barry Black Because it is like a car crash.

Emma Miller
What if the balance of power was a bloke paying for everything and deciding when and what you can eat, travel, buy, sleep.

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.