The Chateau Diaries #293 You can crop and you can travel, but the orange fence is still there!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @ComtesseRose for the diligence and thread creations as always. Love the title @Toronto .

I too thought the servants quarters where much better prior to the expensive paper installation. To me it now feels claustrophobic, the paintwork is awful, not the right blue at all. Perhaps if it had been painted a warm cream the rest wouldn't have felt so overdone. As for the furniture, well I'm all for saving and using old beauties, but not if they are boggin (Irish term for dirty enough to make you wretch). A good clean and dare I say it a sympathetic lick of paint, even a light color wash (not applied by SJ) may have helped that too.
Can we not give wallpaper a rest? Serenely painted walls will do.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I'm surprised Maria didn't immediately leave the shitoo after hearing Fanny call the attic bedroom the servant's room. Fanny, once again, insert your foot in mouth, just like when you referred to a walk as a waddle. Fanny, you think you're something special, but you're common as muck and just a self-entitled, mean girl.

After returning from SA Fanny & Snorty were back at the shitoo for maybe 5-7 days before leaving for Belgium, the Netherlands and god knows where else. In all that time we never saw Amuary leave the kitchen. Amuary has entirely checked out. There is SFA happening at the shitoo!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Amuary see Dans progress, his sponsored workshop, his camaraderie with Nick and Cameron his pride and joy in what he is achieving, his vlogging and editing. His connection with the history of the chateau off to meet an old inhabitant in Paris tomorrow. You have achieved very little since arriving at CHMN, we have watched the life sucked out of you, Natti is all-over you like a rash and we Tattlers await the day that you blow up and walk away, stand on your own and make something of your life that does not have you riding on your cuz's coat tails and the crazy Chateau de Lalande and its obscene hoarded fixtures and fittings.
You read my mind. I hope it is not too late.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Just realized that @Hedda Hopper has been awol for three months. I hope she and her husband are doing as best as possible. We’ll be here when she needs a break from the world.
Bonjour mes amis! I have been taking a break from Tattle and CD. We've had a lot going on here at home with my husband's dementia but things have settled down for now. I've been keeping up somewhat with the comings and goings of CD and Tattle, mainly the EPIC ENGAGEMENT! Also, Marie's new and unimproved fantasy life - purchase car, pay off debts, and BUY A HOUSE!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
TEABAG is PAINTING in the Chateau Bedroom on Billsters blog tonight. Promising to paint stone trompe I'oeil in stairway, he did Fannys wood panelling very well at CHMN, Simon and Yannis doing fab plaster work quickly and neatly.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
TEABAG is PAINTING in the Chateau Bedroom on Billsters blog tonight. Promising to paint stone trompe I'oeil in stairway, he did Fannys wood panelling very well at CHMN, Simon and Yannis doing fab plaster work quickly and neatly.
Teabag is painting stone trompe l’oeil? That should make Billy feel right at home!

IMG_6435.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
After watching this past summers bedroom redo, Ive started to think that they must have went on and filmed. After the accident. She acted like the accident had them all depressed and Jerry just went home, but he worked on the wallpaper, so he didn’t just go home. Also PhiPhi mostly re-did that bedroom. She was absent for most of what was filmed. She must have been in bed crying, and used the accident as an excuse to not film for CD, but to film for tv instead. Accident be damned.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Why can't the crazed cult see that Fanny never was interested in renovations and now she is not even interested in Chateau Diaries. She is out of friends, out of content and only interested in herself, adulation and money. She has nothing to do and nothing to say.
---

Billy loves to boast about Gwen's money

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
After watching this past summers bedroom redo, Ive started to think that they must have went on and filmed. After the accident. She acted like the accident had them all depressed and Jerry just went home, but he worked on the wallpaper, so he didn’t just go home. Also PhiPhi mostly re-did that bedroom. She was absent for most of what was filmed. She must have been in bed crying, and used the accident as an excuse to not film for CD, but to film for tv instead. Accident be damned.
I think the bedroom redecorating happened ages before the accident. The accident was much later and the ch4 team left without filming anything. I think they had planned to film the Christmas episodes

• Heart
Reactions: 30
You read my mind. I hope it is not too late.
I think for Dan things worked out for the best. If Amaury was on board progress would have been sooooo much slower, he'd still be creating a workshop and I think the channel would have just been inane laddish banter. Judging by Amaury's and Natti's IG account they have been too influenced by Fanny and don't have the vision to create interesting content. Judging by the decor of their tiny house they also have no taste.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
OhIDontKnow…I just watched the vlog from then (when she explained what happened re. Accident) and it was not warm weather. Marie was using an electric blanket. In last night’s vlog they were dressed for warmer weather. The wallpapering was done well before the accident - probably late summer/September.

Reactions: 26
Bonjour mes amis! I have been taking a break from Tattle and CD. We've had a lot going on here at home with my husband's dementia but things have settled down for now. I've been keeping up somewhat with the comings and goings of CD and Tattle, mainly the EPIC ENGAGEMENT! Also, Marie's new and unimproved fantasy life - purchase car, pay off debts, and BUY A HOUSE!
Glad to hear from you. Keep your head up and put on your best Easter bonnet.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
In previous threads there has been bit of discussion about Kirsten and Joerg. I have been watching them for years and enjoyed their content.
After their last vlog I perused their vlog site and looked at their links.

For those Tattlers who are not familiar with their vlogs they are a middle aged, childless German couple who live in Cheshire, England. I don't know what his job is but Kirsten is a stay at home wife who creates Youtube vlogs which she calls her work. They have a very comfortable lifestyle.
Trips back to Germany, a holiday last year to Vienna, numerous weekends away to BnBs and boutique hotels, antiquing, redecorating their Victorian home with quality fabrics and wallpapers. They were going to partially replace their kitchen but have decided to totally replace it, and the utility room, using lovely De Vol cabinetry.

If there were two vloggers who did not need financial assistanceI it's these two. I was incensed when I saw they now have a link for buy me a coffee to help in the purchase of cameras etc. I waited a few days to see if I still felt strongly enough to leave a comment . . . and I did.

@user-wj8tk1co8p
5 hours ago
I very much enjoy your vlogs but was dismayed to see you now have a link to buy me a coffee. You enjoy frequent holidays, weekends away, expensive fabrics and wallpapers for your home and are installing a De Vol kitchen. In this time of a cost of living crisis I find it galling that you put your hand out for money. Welcome to the world of You tube grifters.

LKinh9ia7a5MCUTCOZQaZWRQ=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

@KirstenJoerg

1 hour ago
Let me tell you something: the things we share on YouTube are NOT holidays, this is my work. Respect it or not! When we go to places and stay there, we work nonstop to film everything. We have done 2 collaborations last year because we are so picky and literally say no to everything yet we have high costs for creating content, our camera gear and all. Have we ever mentioned anything about buy me a coffee? No, we have not. If you feel we are grifters, then so be it. We can’t change what you think.
Show less

dQ13gFbKpxaCNZ3JSgD47uRs=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

@user-wj8tk1co8p
0 seconds ago
I did not suggest that you mentioned buy me a coffee in your vlogs. However, you have it linked to your site. I am disappointed that you can not see the optics in this current economic climate.

I hit a nerve. She can't see that she has a life some would regard as 'privileged' yet puts her hand out for money. I've relegated them to the Stephanie Jarvis bin.
---
I think for Dan things worked out for the best. If Amaury was on board progress would have been sooooo much slower, he'd still be creating a workshop and I think the channel would have just been inane laddish banter. Judging by Amaury's and Natti's IG account they have been too influenced by Fanny and don't have the vision to create interesting content. Judging by the decor of their tiny house they also have no taste.
I was thinking the same thing . . . the 'what ifs' of Amaury and Dan moving forward together on that project. In hindsight, I think Amaury would have been an an anchor.
---
I was thinking the same thing . . . the 'what ifs' of Amaury and Dan moving forward together on that project. In hindsight, I think Amaury would have been an an anchor.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
In previous threads there has been bit of discussion about Kirsten and Joerg. I have been watching them for years and enjoyed their content.

For those Tattlers who are not familiar with their vlogs they are a middle aged, childless German couple who live in Cheshire, England. I don't know what his job is but Kirsten is a stay at home wife who creates Youtube vlogs which she calls her work. They have a very comfortable lifestyle.
Trips back to Germany, a holiday last year to Vienna, numerous weekends away to BnBs and boutique hotels, antiquing, redecorating their Victorian home with quality fabrics and wallpapers. They were going to partially replace their kitchen but have decided to totally replace it, and the utility room, using lovely De Vol cabinetry.

If there were two vloggers who did not need financial assistanceI it's these two. I was incensed when I saw they now have a link for buy me a coffee to help in the purchase of cameras etc. I waited a few days to see if I still felt strongly enough to leave a comment . . . and I did.

@user-wj8tk1co8p
5 hours ago
I very much enjoy your vlogs but was dismayed to see you now have a link to buy me a coffee. You enjoy frequent holidays, weekends away, expensive fabrics and wallpapers for your home and are installing a De Vol kitchen. In this time of a cost of living crisis I find it galling that you put your hand out for money. Welcome to the world of You tube grifters.

View attachment 2796898
@KirstenJoerg

1 hour ago
Let me tell you something: the things we share on YouTube are NOT holidays, this is my work. Respect it or not! When we go to places and stay there, we work nonstop to film everything. We have done 2 collaborations last year because we are so picky and literally say no to everything yet we have high costs for creating content, our camera gear and all. Have we ever mentioned anything about buy me a coffee? No, we have not. If you feel we are grifters, then so be it. We can’t change what you think.
Show less

View attachment 2796899
@user-wj8tk1co8p
0 seconds ago
I did not suggest that you mentioned buy me a coffee in your vlogs. However, you have it linked to your site. I am disappointed that you can not see the optics in this current economic climate.

I hit a nerve. She can't see that she has a life some would regard as 'privileged' yet puts her hand out for money. I've relegated them to the Stephanie Jarvis bin.
---

---

Haven't watched the couple you have pointed out but it is amazing that someone who can afford a deVol kitchen that starts at £30k thinks it is acceptable to put out the begging bowl. They get paid for their YouTube missives by the ad revenue and can do sponsorship-the entitlement of these grifters is so galling isn't it and they just don't see how wrong it is. The world owes us a living.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

@user-wj8tk1co8p
5 hours ago

View attachment 2796898
@KirstenJoerg

1 hour ago
Show less

View attachment 2796899
@user-wj8tk1co8p
0 seconds ago

---
Most people if not all start YouTube to make a source of income. Should they need it or not. There is nothing wrong with having a ‘buy me a coffee’.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.