The Chateau Diaries #283 New Year, Same Shopping Addiction. Hey, it's not romance, just finance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh that bought back an amazing memory @Lady Avonlea 😊
I worked for a Blue Chip company in the UK for many years before retiring. The company booked thousands of hotel rooms per year all over the country, but a good percentage in London.
I was called by a senior chappie from The Rubén’s at the Palace and invited to stay for a night. Hubby and I duly went and it was amazing. Food, staff everything. I’m sure they’ve re-decorated it, but we got up graded (honestly), to ‘The African Suite’. Sumptuous it was. We felt like royalty.
Fanny would have loved it 😁
Unfortunately, a corporate rate could not be agreed and the hotel never made it onto the coveted ‘preferred’ hotel list.
If any of you ever want to stay somewhere in London and can afford the rates, I highly recommend The Red Carnation Group 👌🏻
Same! I can also highly recommend The Reuben’s. Really lovely. Great service and the dining was superb. Just got another email invite for a return accommodation this spring. A real upgrade if we book soon, not a faux Fanny one. 👍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
@carolcostello6967
9 hours ago
Enough of Phillip we are so tired of seeing him.

@kaybentick7735
1 day ago
I’m bailing out if I don’t see some DIY content soon...

@Hellyers
1 hour ago
"Philip, i dont listen to you" you're becoming your mother Stephanie

ricado372
3 hours ago
I'm 99% certain that you're not allowed to have the flex type cables buried behind that fabric like that. Buried cable needs to be in gain . Especially when they pass through walls. A simple thumb tack could be pushed straight into a live wire. I'm not sure if you discovered the wall light problem. I was a day late watching that, but check on the box that they are dimmable bulbs. When they are just basic leds, that's what happens when connected via a dimmer switch .

sabrinasouth5989
4 hours ago
“Philip I don’t listen to you “. She finally confessed what I already knew

fredwilliams6843
6 hours ago
Only thing missing is a mirror on the ceiling above the bed.

WTF?
susanhayirli8474
7 hours ago
Making this video is the hardest thing but thank you for raising awareness of such a horrific disease

kathrynaston6841
9 hours ago
I ALMOST sent you a message saying that when you returned from your trip to pick up the Charles and Camilla furniture, you placed the two blinds in the fabric closet AND FILMED IT

@love_France
10 hours ago
Beautiful mirror but just awful walls!

jomeyer13
1 hour ago
i now your room is your palace. your sanctuary so well i ignore that your fathers shocking painting there does clash....... as does the lovely black and white and pink painting clashes with painting... Good things i guess take time.
she’s live in the grotto for 20 years how much bloody time does she want 😂🤣😆🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 22
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
@billybudd I was perusing recipes for something to cook over the weekend. For some reason I always want to cook in extreme weather. I came across this one that struck my fancy and thought it would appeal to you as well. Obviously it’s not a fast, single day recipe but it sounds lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@billybudd I was perusing recipes for something to cook over the weekend. For some reason I always want to cook in extreme weather. I came across this one that struck my fancy and thought it would appeal to you as well. Obviously it’s not a fast, single day recipe but it sounds lovely.

Gosh that sounds good. I am a citrus freak. And Moroccan spice with fruit is one of the best things to eat, thank you.

• Heart
Yes, they are heaven. You deserve to treat yourself to some.
Oh, yes! I have put on my "to do" list to take a look at what plastic buttons I would like to replace with some of these.
So you know that here in the US you can't really get mother of pearl buttons anymore? Even just plain ones are non-existent, they're all plastic, and faux shell. I have several cashmere cardigans that have real mother of pearl buttons (they're older ones) and even though the dry cleaner wraps them before they're cleaned, a couple came back broken and I need to replace them (the one extra per garment has already been used!), so now, I'm going to replace with these! And perhaps some extra sets for some linen pieces I have.

The shipping will probably cost more than the buttons themselves - LOL! - but I don't care! I must have them!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
According to yesterday's Age we are in two successive waves so that makes it Covid wave 10. Just letting you know this variant affects the lungs and is the reason for the spike in hospitalisations in Victoria. It made me think of you as I remember you saying you have lung issues and have oxygen.
I am certainly going to get the next injection for that !
I have to go to the Alfred in Feb. for my check-up and it will be interesting to see if they let me come into the hospital or do it over the computer .
Loving this cooler weather Gertie...... gosh I bet it was super hot where you are .
The weather has been weird .

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh, yes! I have put on my "to do" list to take a look at what plastic buttons I would like to replace with some of these.
So you know that here in the US you can't really get mother of pearl buttons anymore? Even just plain ones are non-existent, they're all plastic, and faux shell. I have several cashmere cardigans that have real mother of pearl buttons (they're older ones) and even though the dry cleaner wraps them before they're cleaned, a couple came back broken and I need to replace them (the one extra per garment has already been used!), so now, I'm going to replace with these! And perhaps some extra sets for some linen pieces I have.

The shipping will probably cost more than the buttons themselves - LOL! - but I don't care! I must have them!
You'll freak when you see them in person. And they'll be perfect for plain cardigans, true luxe. Only the Frenchies could make buttons objects of true lust.

• Heart
tat
She moved it alright and the sign. That's where Dumber suggested putting the black and white painting.
I would hate to be in any place when a fire broke out but ......... OMG - the Falling Down Castle would be a certain death trap with all that old tat going on fire and trying to get out of that place would be horrific ...... and she removed the fire extinguisher !!! ⚰🔥

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I am certainly going to get the next injection for that !
I have to go to the Alfred in Feb. for my check-up and it will be interesting to see if they let me come into the hospital or do it over the computer .
Loving this cooler weather Gertie...... gosh I bet it was super hot where you are .
The weather has been weird .
I got the injection in October ( and I have never missed any) and came down with Covid the week before Christmas. MD recommended a script for Paxlovid due to my age, to reduce the symptoms. I was pretty darned sick for about a 5 days..my head is still stopped up with sinus infedtion and it also impacted my digestive system on top of lungs etc.. Sorry if derailing or TMI Have no idea where I got it as have been exposed tons of times and never got it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I got the injection in October ( and I have never missed any) and came down with Covid the week before Christmas. MD recommended a script for Paxlovid due to my age, to reduce the symptoms. I was pretty darned sick for about a 5 days..my head is still stopped up with sinus infedtion and it also impacted my digestive system on top of lungs etc.. Sorry if derailing or TMI Have no idea where I got it as have been exposed tons of times and never got it.
I’ve found using “real” Sudafed helps immensely with sinus infections and even opens up the lungs a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The Gibbon is always watching, judging and haunting.
Oooooo......... I wonder if she is looking over FRK's shoulder for tasty tempting hints at cookery school ??? 🍰🍨🍮🍪🍧
---
So sorry to hear that Frenchie!
I got covid last year for the first time and I know where I got it ..... from Hubs!
Now , where he got it we do not know!
Its a shocking thing and new strains are running wild here .
Why the lot at the Falling Down Castle do not have it 24/7 I do not know ..... they are not clean and they travel all the timean d probably with no hand sanitiser with them .... only a sad but crazed dog !

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
You may have seen this, but first time for me. bleeping horrific how the work a way people were expected to work for free?
Looks more like slave labour!! All while fanny was in bed until lunchtime having tea bought to her.
Just take, take, take. A fortune from YouTube subs, patreons and the grifting..... in yesterday's vlog still begging re stars. This vid has really bought home just how bad she is. Would her fans think this is OK? This is nothing like her narrative of sharing the Shitoo with friends, it's pure exploration.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
You may have seen this, but first time for me. bleeping horrific how the work a way people were expected to work for free?
Looks more like slave labour!! All while fanny was in bed until lunchtime having tea bought to her.
Just take, take, take. A fortune from YouTube subs, patreons and the grifting..... in yesterday's vlog still begging re stars. This vid has really bought home just how bad she is. Would her fans think this is OK? This is nothing like her narrative of sharing the Shitoo with friends, it's pure exploration.
Here you go Nettle Flower, they can just click the link. Disgusting, isn’t it. Comments from 3 years ago are still relevant today.

ninninin656
3 years ago (edited)
I always suspected that Stephanie basically exploits her "volunteers" for free labour that exceeds what the program is meant to offer. We see them work insanely hard morning, noon and night living in half-finished rooms without heating/air-con. They work their asses off for nothing while she skips around her chateau in her designer bath-robe, it's not right, sorry. I don't mind her making money, her vlogs are entertaining, but she needs to pay her staff now that she has such a high income from youtube and the Patreon. Also - you have to clean?! I remember how she said in a video they have a hired cleaner... Anyway, you were an utter delight and I wish you all the best for your now hopefully PAID new job!

@caligulalonghbottom2629
3 years ago
Agreed. I think this video was meant to show people this very fact... I like her but theres alot wrong with her as well. She's greedy. The whole new gift channel was the last straw. She exploits kindness. She does it with her friends as well...the very story about getting her boyfriend to buy the chateau with her was always a bit bizarre to me as well. She's played her cards right to live out her childish fantasy and continues to do so.

@caligulalonghbottom2629
3 years ago
@ninninin656 I mean, people can be friends with their exes but it just seems unusual. They treat her like a child. Of course, we have no idea what really goes on, they could all be fine but it all adds up to a bit of a weird situation. The only thing I really care about is her greed. I don't want to follow or support it. Its not a historical landmark, she shouldn't be constantly using volunteers. Shes using other people, both volunteers and patrons to fund her entire lifestyle

@newbeginnings-myeverydaylife
3 years ago
The Workaway site states that they must be paid a full wage if doing any work towards someones business or income. (She does not pay them - but if they bought the matter up with Workaway - they would have to be paid). At my Homestead we only ask they work 3 hours a day. You can say how long -up to 5 hours per day. At Stephanies they have to stay there after their working hours if they want to eat - but also have to cook for her friends (after their work hours! and take turns cleaning up), Opening the presents and other filming (parties etc are out of their work hours - but notice these things are actually the eating/food/drink time - so if they do not stay and take part - no food!) They have very little actual free time there!

@chichiblanchett6367
3 years ago
@allycialynn4201 it's like volunteering to be a housekeeper at The Four Seasons Hotel. The Owner of the Chateau shouldn't be allowed to use this volunteer program. She's using volunteers to be servants. periodt.

rawsunnata829
3 years ago (edited)
Now I am 100% sure that I do not want to be a volunteer

I DO NOT THINK THIS COMMENTER HAS MADE IT TO THE Dump yet to volunteer!

@scrappybee14
3 years ago
ChiChiBlanchett hundreds of people are on a waiting list to volunteer because they want to be part of LaLand. I plan to work my ass off and I also plan to play hard. The patreon account is used to restore and run the Chateau. Thousands watch every video and adore her and everyone there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Here you go Nettle Flower, they can just click the link. Disgusting, isn’t it. Comments from 3 years ago are still relevant today.

ninninin656
3 years ago (edited)
I always suspected that Stephanie basically exploits her "volunteers" for free labour that exceeds what the program is meant to offer. We see them work insanely hard morning, noon and night living in half-finished rooms without heating/air-con. They work their asses off for nothing while she skips around her chateau in her designer bath-robe, it's not right, sorry. I don't mind her making money, her vlogs are entertaining, but she needs to pay her staff now that she has such a high income from youtube and the Patreon. Also - you have to clean?! I remember how she said in a video they have a hired cleaner... Anyway, you were an utter delight and I wish you all the best for your now hopefully PAID new job!

@caligulalonghbottom2629
3 years ago
Agreed. I think this video was meant to show people this very fact... I like her but theres alot wrong with her as well. She's greedy. The whole new gift channel was the last straw. She exploits kindness. She does it with her friends as well...the very story about getting her boyfriend to buy the chateau with her was always a bit bizarre to me as well. She's played her cards right to live out her childish fantasy and continues to do so.

@caligulalonghbottom2629
3 years ago
@ninninin656 I mean, people can be friends with their exes but it just seems unusual. They treat her like a child. Of course, we have no idea what really goes on, they could all be fine but it all adds up to a bit of a weird situation. The only thing I really care about is her greed. I don't want to follow or support it. Its not a historical landmark, she shouldn't be constantly using volunteers. Shes using other people, both volunteers and patrons to fund her entire lifestyle

3 years ago
The Workaway site states that they must be paid a full wage if doing any work towards someones business or income. (She does not pay them - but if they bought the matter up with Workaway - they would have to be paid). At my Homestead we only ask they work 3 hours a day. You can say how long -up to 5 hours per day. At Stephanies they have to stay there after their working hours if they want to eat - but also have to cook for her friends (after their work hours! and take turns cleaning up), Opening the presents and other filming (parties etc are out of their work hours - but notice these things are actually the eating/food/drink time - so if they do not stay and take part - no food!) They have very little actual free time there!

ninninin656
3 years ago (edited)

@caligulalonghbottom2629
3 years ago

@caligulalonghbottom2629
3 years ago

3 years ago
Oh Gracie you are lovely Thankyou 😘

Fanny is the worst type of bleep!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.