Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

C'est moi

VIP Member
I'm popping in for a quick visit as I haven't been around for a couple of threads. It's a hectic time as we've recently relocated overseas and are very busy house-hunting. It's definitely going to take awhile to get settled, so I'll do my best to stay connected and apologize for any quiet periods.

It was quite a disquieting idea that I have anything in common with Fanny, but it recently dawned on me that I'm living the life Fanny always dreams of because we're staying in a hotel suite for a few weeks waiting for our shipment to arrive (although I thank God I don't have to tow Snorty around).

I can't believe Snorty paid 50EU for a tatty old photo album so he could play with his grandparents pictures (what happened to that boy in his childhood). But when Fanny said, "Oh, you're going to have so much fun. This is all your dreams come true", she just sounded like Snorty's mother finding a craft project to keep him occupied and out of her hair on his summer school break.

That Barbie dinner was a joke. Atleast one guest had the good sense to have his face covered.
I don't recall Grifter Barbie or Just 'Do Nothing' Ken, but I do recall LAZY TOWN STEPHANIE DOLL.

Stephanie is a fictional character from the Icelandic children's television show LazyTown. She is an aspiring cheerleader and dancer who inspires the other citizens of the titular town to stay active. She has pink hair and as such is nicknamed 'Pinky' by the puppet character Trixie.

Stephanie is a real life Lazy Town doll living with her misfit cast in Lazy Town.

View attachment 2352092View attachment 2352095

View attachment 2352096View attachment 2352101View attachment 2352102View attachment 2352124

View attachment 2352125View attachment 2352126
I remember this from when my son was small. It was dubbed into French. Lots of running around and doing exercise. Can't remember what it was called in French.

Reactions: 6

UvulaDonor

VIP Member
Totally agree.
The steps should have gone right the way around.
Even if she had done so they are dangerous.
I can see her toppling down when she gets older.
As it is her husband isn't tip top . . . he's had a knee reconstruction this year.

I don't know which I dislike more . . . the steps or the brick 'rug'.
The 'rug' is going to make it so hot out there.

I think many of her plants are transactional purchases.
Working with Kayla is exposure for Kayla's business.
Her tulips which I think she gets from Brecks . . . she never says she buys them, she orders them.
And the chap who supplied the trees and plants for the front still has his advertising signs out on display.
I think there are kickbacks in all directions.

Again this reminds me of Stephanie.
She alludes to a frugal mindset with visits to the op shop (thrift shop) but spends up big and benefits from transactional relationships.
I watched a few of her vlogs a while back and didn't like her garden................ or her. It felt like she was teaching me to suck eggs.

Reactions: 5