The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Buddhists were lacto-vegetarian.
Maybe he's like Philip.
He's Buddhist when it suits him just as Philip is allergic when the menu doesn't suit him.
When I heard SJ mention that Curtis' husband was a Buddhist monk I nearly flipped out! :ROFLMAO: :unsure: Generally, Buddhist monks can't marry or have sex according to the Vinaya Code, unless he's Zen Buddhist which most other Buddhists don't even consider Buddhism, but that doesn't explain why he eats meat and drinks wine!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Drac and Drago with some other bull tit after it are used as names for male skin head males it means dragon....They use these names to avoid prison... A group of us Native Americans were jumped by Skin heads leaving a Native event when we had to park blocks away in Denver...

The social experiment thing that's bull tit... No narc will allow negative image harming information to be put out... Unless it causes fear to keep them in control... Skankanee would not be harassing Selmar to remove videos if she was ok with Clara putting out the same info... Skankanee has sex parties etc she most likely has dirt on whoever Clara is....

As far as Clara attacking someone who was sick... There's only a very few profiles I buy their story.... There's a bunch of role playing going on... With narcs there's always a smear campaign on anyone against them... What better way to turn people ignorant of how narcs operate then use her account to attack people.... For all we know the victim profile is a shitshow dweller... Before people make statements you'd think they would educate themselves on Narcissists...
I think you make a very valid point with your assertion that “Skankanee would not be harassing Selmar to remove videos if she was ok with Clara putting out the same info.” That is an astute observation. I had wondered about that myself. I have never thought Stephanie would have been happy with some of the incredibly unflattering info that has been posted by the Clara account prior to Easter, 2023. I think we all know Mummy, Khillip, and the rest of the Dump crew read this site religiously. I don’t think Mummy has been pleased by some of the info revealed.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I would maybe want to go to #2 and #6. It's not like people are lined up waiting to get into most of these countries, quite the opposite, I'm sure.
Here is a list of 10 of the hardest countries to get a visa to visit
  1. Russia
  2. Cuba
  3. Iran
  4. Turkmenistan
  5. Chad
  6. Bhutan
  7. Saudi Arabia
  8. Western Sahara
  9. Somalia
  10. North Korea
It's highly dependent on what passport you have - I have a kiwi one and got a Russian visa easily.

Reactions: 7
I don't know about Tom Sawyer but Dick Strawbridge only charged his diggers & weeders £75.00 a day but they did get elevenses, lunch & tea thrown in for that (and as we see from the size of his family he doesn't feed them peanuts) plus a tour of the chateau & grounds.
Foraged flowers & even weeds featured in some of the Prize Gardens at the Chelsea Flower Show this year with a move towards more sustainability and I rather think the Tattlers commenting about FRK were more concerned with the cost of the workshops vs the content - obv rooting around for Lalande wild stuff has nothing to justify the ridiculous price either in materials or refreshments. There I would question her thought processes, & not the flowers per se.
A rash of radishes - always good for an argument - remember how Marie used them everywhere when she was cooking, hot, cold dishes, just stuck'em in. Now Maria making radish tartines, very scenic but I bet they tumble off when you try to eat them. She puts so much art in her cooking bc after all art is her real passion and it shows 😉. I do like her self confidence to answer right back to anyone & the crafty way she puts Snorts down before he realises it.
Shock horror 😳💥 he was loading up the car on his own in a manly way with all those €4-€8 boxes wine (Patreons, see how they value you, it's YOUR money)
Never seen him move so fast as grabbing all that wine... loser...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I've just watched Chateau Chronicles with Abbey, and she's managed to say something negative regarding the French work ethic in her last three vlogs. All as subtle as her detrimental "knife skills" gaff, but there nonetheless. After giving her a second chance, her continuing blunders have lead me to dismiss her completely from my Youtube feed. I was truly cheering for her in the begining, now it's just not worth the bother.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
When I heard SJ mention that Curtis' husband was a Buddhist monk I nearly flipped out! :ROFLMAO: :unsure: Generally, Buddhist monks can't marry or have sex according to the Vinaya Code, unless he's Zen Buddhist which most other Buddhists don't even consider Buddhism, but that doesn't explain why he eats meat and drinks wine!
Depends which country you are from and which Buddhist sect you are part of. In Japan Buddhist monks can marry and have kids - they often have normal jobs too. My supervisor in Japan was one - he was an alcoholic and adulterer too.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
That's what the electric pond aerators are for. They don't kill fish and have been in use in farmed fish ponds since the 1950s to my personal knowledge.
Aerated water doesn't grow mosquitoes, as Davy clearly said. And if you don't believe him, look it up.

Good luck on that one mosquitos have been super breed now because someone bright spark ( look it up) tried to alter there dna making sterilised so of course nature being nature the super adapter now they seem to appear bigger and breed a heck lot faster.

Any florida people here you'll know. I just came from south of Egypt and this year 5 here they are ferious and size of small birds and with no pools of water around except when farmers flood the land for watering there eggs seem to lay in waiting in ground and boom 24 hours you're tearing off your skin. WHEN nerds play with nature!
That's correct- same here

Reactions: 9
Depends which country you are from and which Buddhist sect you are part of. In Japan Buddhist monks can marry and have kids - they often have normal jobs too. My supervisor in Japan was one - he was an alcoholic and adulterer too.
As @graciemckitten said, they must be Buddhist when it suits them. :ROFLMAO: ;) Zen Buddhism is like Reform Judaism, it's the "lite" version of the religion. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I would maybe want to go to #2 and #6. It's not like people are lined up waiting to get into most of these countries, quite the opposite, I'm sure.
Here is a list of 10 of the hardest countries to get a visa to visit
  1. Russia
  2. Cuba
  3. Iran
  4. Turkmenistan
  5. Chad
  6. Bhutan
  7. Saudi Arabia
  8. Western Sahara
  9. Somalia
  10. North Korea
Not to quibble, but at least for Americans, traveling to Cuba is very simple. You just choose one of the authorized categories for travel ("Support for the Cuban people is a good all-purpose one), then you pay $85 at the gate prior to boarding your flight, and off you go. I travel there multiple times a year and it's easy as pie.

Reactions: 13
I thought I heard Adriane say he's putting in a new boiler as well as taken in a huge load of drywall, so he said they'll still be working on the chateau
They will continue renovations because as Adrian said it provides their daughter with an income stream while she is at uni.

The physicality of the renovation, distance from family, another grandchild, running the business and travelling back and forth all contributed to their decision to sell. All those reason were there from the start. The key was the sale of the Ferrari which indicated to us they were under the pump. Also the house to which they are returning indicates they are in financial stress.

If they sell I will miss them.
At least they had a dream and they went for it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Also, when we take our precepts you can abstain from accepting those which you can't adhere to.

Reactions: 11
I think she is exaggerating . . . so unlike her.
He probably practises Buddhism but is not a 'Buddhist monk'.

Reactions: 15
Is Marie Wiik preggers? Of course not. She looks fine. Steph's cast-off dresses, as well as her own, are just completely unflattering.

But I suspect she owes money (or finally realized that--in her 30s--she needs to be earning some money) and is working around the HMN on projects like the bread oven room for extra pay. That's why she's so eager to please Stephanie on her accomplishments in that room. Fine.

What truly outrages me are her latest floral workshop schemes. Charging guests €115 for a foraging session around the HMN as an add-on to their stay is ludicrous, not to mention the very silly requirement of pre-booking at least one week in advance! Even more delusional is FRK's €750 charge for a "bespoke" day-long workshop. https://mariewiik.net/pages/forage-create-with-marie

Floral workshops at chateaux are common, and are always run by more experienced and talented florists than FRK. One only needs to look at one recently held in June at Erin and J-B's Chateau de Bourneau (@Albee only recently commented upon the plaster frontons there). Led by English florist Laura Lee, the all-inclusive weekend floral workshop with 2-night stay in a garden cottage on the grounds (with a pool), all meals with drinks (held within the chateau), and all materials cost €685 per person, based on double-occupancy. This was extremely reasonable and looks to have been a lot of fun. Cheaper options were also offered. God help anyone stupid enough to sign up for anything from Marie Wiik.

Exacto.
As for foraging, if they had a real botanist like Susan (https://loirenature.blogspot.com/p/index.html) to lead walks of stuff you can pick and stuff you can't (really gorgeous) they could legit charge almost as much as they are now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've just watched Chateau Chronicles with Abbey, and she's managed to say something negative regarding the French work ethic in her last three vlogs. All as subtle as her detrimental "knife skills" gaff, but there nonetheless. After giving her a second chance, her continuing blunders have lead me to dismiss her completely from my Youtube feed. I was truly cheering for her in the begining, now it's just not worth the bother.
God she is such a drip.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I thought Buddhists were lacto-vegetarian.
Maybe he's like Philip.
He's Buddhist when it suits him just as Philip is allergic when the menu doesn't suit him.
Buddhists don't have to be anything. Extremes of belief are a personal thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Well what a let down the Barbie thingy was!!!
Pink flowers just don't do it for me.
As for the Squirrel ..... I thought he would have dressed up to the Pink Nines!!! He was Very Tame . :oops:
Still....... they got the grog in and some chants too.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.