The Chateau Diaries #254 The Chatelaine de Shopping let The Kat out of the bag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know what I find puzzling.
I have just rewatched this vlog and at the end she appears to name everyone who was a patreon at that time and there is no Caroline Gooder on the list.
Caroline Gooder is an Admin alias …surprise, surprise, surprise
---
Are there no other single people in that area? Did Steph really start dating a guy who got plowed by her male bff a week earlier???!!!! And how infatuated could he really be with her if he tried to get with pretty much everyone at the chateau prior to her?
Aaaagh, don’t you remember Phiphi’s romantic beautiful ballet on the piano ‘You are so beautiful to me’ … so natural, so spontaneous, so genuine in his obvious affection for SJ, and of course he had no idea she would hear his soulful, hopeful singing hoping that one day SJ would realise that he was her one true love. (Stab me … it was sooo bad)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Imo Selmar coming forward with the truth and it being in the wiki where the Skankater can't get it taken down should give others the courage to come forward... The interviews on the new channel will eventually gain momentum and get more revelations... Skankanee will be directed by her manager to address the rumors... She'll lie through her teeth post some word salad bull tit... Hopefully the patrons will decrease substantially... Hopefully some patrons will report her for not fulfilling her stated use of the funds and real accounting will be called for...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Cameltoeho is obviously a sex addict...Skankanee fosters an environment of heavy drinking and freewheeling sex... Functional alcoholics abound there... He's an addict not a psychopath... Sex addicts love and get infatuated with people... He needs treatment he obviously isn't getting traveling all over with his Narc fiancee... She's the narcissist Those types are the ones who don't really people they use them to maintain an image.... A man with an actual job can't be at her beck and call... That's why she broke up with Potty...
Hello all, I promised you I will return to Stephfend, in this this case to Philfend. But being in his 20s and wanting sex every day is not being a sex addict. Even I had it as much as possible though of course I called it "making love" back then and did it only with lights off so I don't qualify as a sex addict, correct?
Ask @Heathcliffe 😂
Not sure though if he gets sex every day from Stephanie 🤷 Or anybody else there? Nobody seems to like him. So why is he staying?
Anyway, I don't mind him, I feel sorry that he wastes his best years. But I am so sick of Maria, she seems capable so why is she there? And keeps returning? She is crazy and there for dangerous , I can't stand her.
I love Chateau wrap up, you Ladies are so brave and doing a great job! 😘😍❤Amazing how you find people willing to show up!
Selmar was definitely a highlight! Though IMHO he was not working that much and having allures, too (for example when changing the garden beds or the compost Desaster ) so I can understand that Steph wanted to get rid of him. Bullying is not OK, but since they pretend to be a happy family I consider Nati snapping at him a minor incident. She probably had pms only. I don't believe it was more of that, he was just not understanding that it was time to leave. As much as I love his Intel I think it speaks against him that he spills the tea like that. No loyalty. And stupid of him since it's forever in the Web. Tatjana doesn't seem to have control over him or she agreed to him gossiping like that. So she is stupid, too. But we saw how Selmar treated her so I believe the first. Another reason why I don't like him anymore: the way how he treats Taty.... maybe he tried the same with Nati but she was not into it? He can't handle women.
Going to Honfleur in October, might have a peek at Fleuries if I feel like stalking. Will let you know. Thanks for posting the patreon videos and most of all for starting the new threads! 👍❤👌Stay healthy!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Imo Selmar coming forward with the truth and it being in the wiki where the Skankater can't get it taken down should give others the courage to come forward... The interviews on the new channel will eventually gain momentum and get more revelations... Skankanee will be directed by her manager to address the rumors... She'll lie through her teeth post some word salad bull tit... Hopefully the patrons will decrease substantially... Hopefully some patrons will report her for not fulfilling her stated use of the funds and real accounting will be called for...
We can live in hope. It appears all her patreons are happy with how she operates. She never goes below 33k. Its been over a year now with nothing going on. They seem happy to give their money away. The mind boggles.
---
What did she post for her Patreons this week?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What did she post for her Patreons this week?
200 (1).gif

@Karma baby! posted this earlier. 👇
1689260134295.png

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I don’t remember the name of the episode, but you can try searching the forum to locate the video. I recall them teasing Selmar and trying to get him upset or uncomfortable with their comments.
It was during one of the lockdown times hence the reason that Dan and Matt stayed over. Probably during one of the curfew confinements. Maybe sorting the water to the walled garden and running it along the moat?The 3 of them- Selmar, Dan and Matt were drinking late in the kitchen. Selmar rearranged the blue and white china, encouraged by Dan and Matt who did not take part, in the open cupboard in the kitchen turning pieces to face the wall. Fanny didn't notice, I think one or the other 2, or both of them snitched Selmar out.

Trying to work out the timeliness...

1st lockdown in France was from March 2020. Only essential services worked. It was eased in the saison estival, July and August 2020

2nd lockdown/confinement measures November 2020 to June 2021

3rd confinement... this is where I loose track of it. We had nightime curfews, no visiting houses/parties. Possibly in the autumn of 2021.

I don't know about the rest of you but when I count back the years and what happened when 2020 doesn't seem to exist. Fanny couldn't say that, she was doing whatever her self privileged arse wanted.

Reactions: 22
In the Chateau Wrap Up Part 3 video, Selmar said the chateau Kickstarter and festival business was fully Tats' idea with no input from Fanny.

I didn't hear that bit and really doubt as said before that fanny didn't triangulate emotions of tat by exploring the topic in discussions in depth , from experience these types of narcs are very manipulative at hinting and planting ideas when one can get a cheap thrill of evoking jealousy and selmar is still defending fanny in any part of it.

ill never forget conversations held in private with a narc mother who would drop emotional bombs like these she has meet her narc match just like mini apron at her later stage of life and in her delusion thinks I refuse to have anything to do with her because shes hooked up with another guy and not her crappy behavior throughout my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
He is unable to see behind a facade or read between the lines. If someone smiles and says nice things to him, he likes them. He refuses to blame Fanny for anything because she falsely praised him. Marie is similar in that respect; Fanny tells her she's beautiful and she feels flattered. Tatyana may be similar also. It's hard for people like that to survive in the real world. They can very easily become victims.
I understand what you're saying, but Selmar is 55 years old.....just for easy math, he was 50 years old when he came to la Lande.
Seems to me he survived in the world just beautifully until that point!
Granted, it may not be the sort of life you or I would want, but he doesn't complain about his life prior to la Lande - and to be fair, he doesn't really complain now about his life after, just the people who treated him poorly!

• Heart
Yeah, the great thing about Jello (by any other name) is it could be molded into those incredible neo-Gothic shapes. Laura Shapiro, in her book about the home economics movement, named it after what Jello and the home economists represented and hoped to achieve -- Perfection Salad, the original 1931 cabbage and gelatin recipe. Larousse Gastro is filled with some truly frightening pix -- along with the mounted sugar constructions along the lines of the Taj Mahal in boiled whatsis, an architectural urge in sugar which paralled the gelatin architecture trend. MFK Fisher has a hilarious and sad essay somewhere about crossing the Atlantic on one of her trademark cheap liners. The fifth-rate chef had a dusty pièce montée he'd made 30 years earlier he dragged out for special occasions. I used to have a neo-Gothic Jello mold for my perfection salads, it was awesome.
Thank you for the interesting and authoritative link. Macedoines, whoa. Cathedrals of J-J-J-hello.
You know how I like Jello? Because I do, sometimes, like Jello - but only one flavor, black cherry.
I make it up with slightly less water so it is extra firm (that sounds dirty, huh?) then, when it's ready (preferably, overnight) I take a fork through the pan and break it all apart, not so fine like you would if you were making a granita, but just enough to break up the solid mass of jello.
Then, I add another hated item I don't normally use - Cool Whip! I've tried it with real whipped cream and it doesn't work so well. I mix some Cool Whip into the broken up Jello until there are small chunks of Jello evenly distributed throughout. I spoon some out into a clear dessert glass (it always tastes better in a clear glass - LOL!) and top it with crushed Amaretti cookies....sometimes, I even crush the cookies and put it INTO the concoction itself or make a parfait out of it.

I don't make this for guests, just for myself and husband (who always says it is not his favorite, but once he has a couple of bites, wonders where it's been all his life!). And only maybe a couple of times a year!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Makes you wonder how big a cut of FRK’s earnings will Fanny take for allowing the workshop. On top of the shat-oh’s earnings from the stay.
Rain will stop play too because atm her workshops will / might happen...behind the breadoven room.
I doubt there are fire/ health insurances to have paid workshops. Suppose one of the workshoppees gets stung by a bee / or skin reaction from a plant and has a reaction. First aid anyone? Frk is trying but its madness and foolhardy to think this will make any money. Where will this people sit to have refreshments? Not thought through.

• Heart
It was during one of the lockdown times hence the reason that Dan and Matt stayed over. Probably during one of the curfew confinements. Maybe sorting the water to the walled garden and running it along the moat?The 3 of them- Selmar, Dan and Matt were drinking late in the kitchen. Selmar rearranged the blue and white china, encouraged by Dan and Matt who did not take part, in the open cupboard in the kitchen turning pieces to face the wall. Fanny didn't notice, I think one or the other 2, or both of them snitched Selmar out.

Trying to work out the timeliness...

1st lockdown in France was from March 2020. Only essential services worked. It was eased in the saison estival, July and August 2020

2nd lockdown/confinement measures November 2020 to June 2021

3rd confinement... this is where I loose track of it. We had nightime curfews, no visiting houses/parties. Possibly in the autumn of 2021.

I don't know about the rest of you but when I count back the years and what happened when 2020 doesn't seem to exist. Fanny couldn't say that, she was doing whatever her self privileged arse wanted.
I've been looking too, it was before Tatty arrived wasn't it

Reactions: 13
In the Chateau Wrap Up Part 3 video, Selmar said the chateau Kickstarter and festival business was fully Tats' idea with no input from Fanny. As soon as he said that, I was worried. Not that Fanny's input would have made this any more feasible, but Selmar must be fanny struck by Tats to think she has any business acumen to see this through. Then again, he's fairly naive too so between the two of them you have two individuals with no stable income nor much common sense when it comes to finances.
Thats also brought aLoT of trunksceith so affordable...medieval?? Clothing . She was hoping to sell this cheap stuff to Fannys viewers too..She walked about telling Fanny she liked to wear this type of clothing. All nonsense as back in Suffolk she was in jeans. What about her elf ear job? Selmar specifically pointed/ filmed them in one of his vlogs when they were living at Chateau Soulages.
I'm afraid her home that was overgrown and neglected told us she should not have the ownership of a chateau by whatever means. They have proved since that the responsibility of financing such a venture is beyond them Thank goodness it failed. I still think Fanny encouraged and supported the idea eg giving £1000 of patron money to support the idea and of course monetized via her vlogs the dream . Fanny also said she would go to their events. Foolish all round

• Heart
FUN Fact condoms are only 30% effective against herpes 80% of hoes have or carry herpes... Sex addicts are pretty much herpes infected... All of them sitting in that heap freezing trying not to scratch all winter while patient X is gallavanting around warmer climates with Skankater is just pathetic...

Not only that, I was shooketh to find out that herpes can't be diagnosed in men most of the time. They could be carriers and not know it, so even if they were the responsible type and got tested regularly they could still unknowingly be passing herpes, which especially for women can have dire consequences.

Reactions: 9
I haven’t watched their channel for a while, but seriously doubt it! I think her husband was some sort of engineer… feel free to fact check, I have the memory of a gold fish 😅
I think her Jenny with the tea's husband is a record producer. They built a recording studio in their chateau
---
Dan is making more than enough money to hire someone to finish the house for Annaliese and the kids- he is too busy to do anything there as it doesn't generate the money the ruin is right now
The house still doesn't have a proper bathroom. He was supposed to be building that next to the boot room

• Wow
  • Sad
That is so sweet of you! At the time I took all of this pretty well (the divorce and moving). I am like a rock in an emergency or tumultuous situation. What I didn’t do was process all of it. The hits kept coming and I just focused on completing college, helping my brother and mother when I could, and working. I probably should have had therapy. I never really learned good coping mechanisms for anxiety and pain. I just stuffed it all. I drank too much, messed about with too many men, but I came through okay. I must have a guardian Angel. Graduated college, got married, got married again, had a good career. No kids though. Waited too long.

I’m sorry about your dad. It had to have been quite something to deal with. But I understand I think. I’m that way about my dad now. He’s always kept in touch, but not in a deep or supportive way. I finally have reached the point where he’s more hurtful to me than not, and it’s just time to let it go and not accommodate him anymore. Never thought I’d feel that way, but I do and it’s okay.

Big Hug back to you too!!

Big hugs and ❤ to the both of you. Family can do a lot of damage. My coping mechanism was to be stoic and never reveal any emotions, to anyone. I always focus on accomplishments and to constantly move forward, kind of robotically. I stay busy and try not to dwell on things I can never change or accept.

Anyway, I truly hope everyone here finds peace in their lives, and inner calm and happiness, especially as the older one gets, and time begins to runs out, that concept can be Extremely Difficult.

I also think the Dan and Kat thing is quite dangerous for his boys, and now that it’s all been revealed on YT, totally irresponsible and immensely hurtful for their future well being.

Prayers for the kids that they have support and guidance moving forward.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't think Selmars has that kind of filter in his head.... Or he doesn't fully understand how social media works. (like when he answers a question on a chat, that everyone can read it). I have a friend who has no idea how Facebook works, posts all kinds of things and doesnt think everyone sees it.....I do think that Selmar doesn't think Fanny or Dan will see what he is writing.
---
I would be very disappointed if Jenny hosts Fanny and her son, although I heard You tube is very keen to have the vloggers interact... It would still be sad as I like Jenny and her content
I can't see that happening. Jenny seems to be honest with class and morals. She is also very involved in the French culture. I think the other chateau owners look down on Fanny and the fake "happy chateau"
---
I would like to add to MrsP67's list of CD perplexities. I hope that's ok MrsP67. You inspired me. And by the way, Fanny will never address your questions with her Patrons. So don't hope for that...it's a waste of your time and energy. (For you tattlers, there may be answers to these questions that I missed while I was away, and I also have some of my own answers based on pure conjecture, so just bear with...)

10. What happened to the gazebo you bought for the walled garden and the large octagonal cabinet that you purchased for the China room, and all the other countless swag you’ve purchased on your addictive shopping excursions?

11. What happened to the attic that you and Potts cleaned out? Not the Narnia attic, the other one?

12. Where have you warehoused the roughly 4 thousand gifts you have received from the Cadeau? (52 weeks times 3 years times an average of 25 gifts per week)

13. What have you done for the family of your scholarship recipient since her suicide?

14. Why do you have sheep?

15. Why are you incapable of seeing the people’s eyes rolling back in their heads when you and Philly come up with hair-brained ideas that require their heavy labor and little effort on your part? For that matter, why do they drop everything and succumb to your whims?

16. Why are you decimating your beautiful forest and paying the “arborist” to do so just because he tells you it’s necessary?

17. When are you going to do something about that god-awful tennis court?

18. What happened to the natural swim pond after you were shut down by the local government for lacking planning permission?

19. Why are you still letting people gather on the crumbling patio that was found to be structurally unstable?

20. Why don’t you embrace the community you live in by actually talking to people in the shops and cafés?

21. How is it that no one in your local Département has discovered how many labor and business regulations you are skirting? (I noticed the local Maire had a great time at your open house. Just saying.)

22. Why is “Nutti’s Apartment” renovation stalled when you were able to renovate Mummy’s apartment on schedule for Escape to the Chateau DIY? If you are waiting so long for planning permission for a door or window, or whatever, why don’t you just change the plan?

23. Why did you and Mummy do such a lovely job of being accountable for your Patreon money for the first few months and then after Mums left town, no more accounting?

24. Why do you not have door locks and keys for your paying guests?

25. What happened to the architect’s plans for a new façade, and balcony?

26. What have you done with over a million dollars of income from Patreon and YouTube (combined) Since 2021?

27. Why did you stop all work on the chateau when you discovered that the building was about to collapse during the renovation of the “grand salon”?

28. Is it possible that Ian the builder and Armour have a conscience and do not want to get sued or worse because they realized that your chateau is structurally beyond repair, close to being a death trap, and you being aware of this continue to use it as a money generator by blatantly deceiving your guests and patrons?

29. How much stuff is enough?

30. How do you sleep at night?
Well said @missartemis!!

I understand what you're saying, but Selmar is 55 years old.....just for easy math, he was 50 years old when he came to la Lande.
Seems to me he survived in the world just beautifully until that point!
Granted, it may not be the sort of life you or I would want, but he doesn't complain about his life prior to la Lande - and to be fair, he doesn't really complain now about his life after, just the people who treated him poorly!
What I was saying was he can't see what people like Steph are really like so he continues to think she's ok!
---
Rain will stop play too because atm her workshops will / might happen...behind the breadoven room.
I doubt there are fire/ health insurances to have paid workshops. Suppose one of the workshoppees gets stung by a bee / or skin reaction from a plant and has a reaction. First aid anyone?
You can be sure that neither Marie nor Fanny will have considered doing a risk assessment for this or any other workshop. There will be ticks, etc in the long grass which could put people at risk of a serious disease, and if ever a building needed assessing for any risk, that chateau should be first on the list. Let's hope Fanny has third party insurance!

Last edited:
  • Heart
❤ @Jeeves grabbed it...
View attachment 2304162
This reminds me of that scene from Love Actually when Emma Thompson opened her Christmas gift expecting the necklace she had found in Alan Rickmans coat pocket (the one he bought for his secretary) and when Emma opened her gift it was a Joni Mitchell CD. God I felt her heart break and I wanted to do him serious harm...I know that relationships change as do feelings but I find it unforgiveable to have a relationship with someone else whilst still in a relationship with a partner... Is it a case of keeping the tired relationship on the back burner just in case the new relationship doesn't work out?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I doubt there are fire/ health insurances to have paid workshops. Suppose one of the workshoppees gets stung by a bee / or skin reaction from a plant and has a reaction. First aid anyone? Frk is trying but its madness and foolhardy to think this will make any money. Where will this people sit to have refreshments? Not thought through.
This has been asked before but I'm really curious to know if she's paying rent on her "studio". I ask because of the past history of her paying rent, but in conjunction with this, I also wonder if Amaury pays 'rent' on his gym.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.