The Chateau Diaries #245 Mummy, new look; Phi Phi, new pants; Ruthie, new novel - stranger than fiction!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2207881

View attachment 2207845

chateaudelalande
2 days ago
For a last minute cancellation, our lovely Chambre de Roger is available from Thursday 1st of June up to four nights.
Please contact to [email protected] or by WhatsApp on +33659202448

christinegrover179
Is it only suitable for one person?

chateaudelalande
@christinegrover179 it is. We have availability for two people in the apartment Tack Room, for the 3rd and 4th of June too! :)
I'm taking great pleasure in hearing that someone must have cancelled.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Cami knickers has a husband and family. Fanny has Gerry as a brother….
Thank you ComtesseRosa and suthernlurker for keeping us in order.

A small town garden ,a corner that gets no sun half the year in an ‘English ‘garden looked after by one not so able lady. No patron dollars, no designer from Belgium and no wine at 10 am. Scented honeysuckle and roses and many others.

Marie is working for herself? Is she paying board? Who is paying her to cook/ housesit. Patron or Fanny?

Fanny on her ‘ grand tour’ of Europe….ladies did wear hats in those days they also wore skirts.
Your garden is lovely! I'd like to come and just sit there all day, it's such a calm and restful space!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Are we showing our gardens now???? lol mines a weedy mess but unlike some I don’t have three gardeners, the table is for sale more dead people stuff, although we had dinner there this weekend

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Jason Dubey
5 hours ago (edited)
Can I borrow your eyes? Because I CAN'T BELIEVE MY OWN! Such amazing beauty you found for us at this stunning island! You two are so fun together, and you NAILED IT ON THIS VLOG! Steph's look of joy coupled with your look of satisfaction on the boat ride back with that music actually gave me chills! Bravo, and CHEERS!!!!
Jason needs to double up on his tablets pronto !!!! o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Well, I bit the bullet and watched her travel vlog .. It looks like Camilla had her teeth fixed am I wrong?
The villa is truly spectacular but watching fanny be so dramatic is nauseating. It is a whole lot better though than watching Support squirrel in any shape or form. Anything is better than that.
And Oliver is such a clodhopper…. he gushes over fanny so much ….uuuggghhh
And I noticed that Fanny's hair is scraggly …It looks better in a chignon .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Thanks to everyone for the congratulations.
It's not easy to become a VIP here. A lot of effort, work and a significant amount of time was invested in achieving this status.
However, regardless of the status and (finally) realized right to financial compensation for participating in such an important forum, fame and fortune will not hit my head.
I'm going to relax a little this week, I deserve it, and then I'll continue with the "Watching the paint dry" series. (Preparations are underway - gardening gloves, sandpaper and a set of shelves for the children's room to be renovated)
20230531_150553.jpg

The CD got worse than my "Watching the Paint Dry" series. Total nothingness. I have nothing to say about the visit to the Italian villa either. Here is a good link, so you don't have to look for Fanny! (in case you are interested in the villa)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
It's not easy to become a VIP here. A lot of effort, work and a significant amount of time was invested in achieving this status.
Congratulations, Well if anyone is interested I'm halfway to my VIP status, 500 down 500 to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Sorry if repeating.. you're all moving too fast for me to catch up... So, Fanny got her idea of the english garden from this trip then? But had a Dutchman 'design' it? Does she ever have an original idea? I was embarrassed for her when that lady explained all the work they had done on the facade of that building... You too could have a finished project Fanny, just got to get started..

Reactions: 22
@Gertrude Maud I couldn't reply to you before the previous thread closed.

"What's this?
Stephanie drove from France to Italy . . . BY HERSELF.
According to @Clara Burnett, Stephanie is not allowed to travel unaccompanied.

Isabelle has definitely had something done to her face.
You just have to compare the recent vlog to this travel vlog from over two years ago."

I think CB suggested this to be a somewhat new phenomenon, post success of CD, not that Stephanie Jarvis had always had to travel in company.

---
Cami knickers has a husband and family. Fanny has Gerry as a brother….
Thank you ComtesseRosa and suthernlurker for keeping us in order.

A small town garden ,a corner that gets no sun half the year in an ‘English ‘garden looked after by one not so able lady. No patron dollars, no designer from Belgium and no wine at 10 am. Scented honeysuckle and roses and many others.

Marie is working for herself? Is she paying board? Who is paying her to cook/ housesit. Patron or Fanny?

Fanny on her ‘ grand tour’ of Europe….ladies did wear hats in those days they also wore skirts.
Wow, can I come hang out for some peace and quiet? :LOL:
---
Hello Tattlers, I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd come out f the shadows and say hi. You all make me laugh so much.
I watched Chateau DIY and found CD through that show. I liked SJ then. At the time I was living in Framlingham and felt a connection with a local girl. To my shame I even became a patreon. Until things didn't add up and I realised she had numerous properties and significantly more money than me! The final straw for me was seeing the nursing home they used to run. If they could afford property like that they could afford to do up their own bloody chateau.
Support squirrel winds me up more than all of them. Why does he think we need to hear from him all the time??!! Shut the F up.
I will finish by talking about the one thing we brits love talking about the most, the weather. It's freezing in the UK. Is everywhere else having a rubbish start to the summer or is it just here?
How did you find out about the additional properties and the granny farm? Was it on Tattle and then that prompted you to cancel your patronage?
I'm curious because if that is the case it shows how important those earlier threads of Tattle are (and the Wiki) and that we could be making a difference, one patron at a time.

Ditto on the weather. I had to go to my hair appointment in a COAT! It's June tomorrow! I can't wait to go see my parents in good ol Romania at the end of the month and then we will duck off to Greece so I can at least get to produce some Vitamin D naturally this year.
---
Here are some photos of what I would expect, as a minimum, from Fanny with three gardeners and the amount of money she has received for her “English garden”.
Seriously though, I know next to nothing about gardening, but what do all of those gardeners DO all day?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Hello Tattlers, I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd come out f the shadows and say hi. You all make me laugh so much.
I watched Chateau DIY and found CD through that show. I liked SJ then. At the time I was living in Framlingham and felt a connection with a local girl. To my shame I even became a patreon. Until things didn't add up and I realised she had numerous properties and significantly more money than me! The final straw for me was seeing the nursing home they used to run. If they could afford property like that they could afford to do up their own bloody chateau.
Support squirrel winds me up more than all of them. Why does he think we need to hear from him all the time??!! Shut the F up.
I will finish by talking about the one thing we brits love talking about the most, the weather. It's freezing in the UK. Is everywhere else having a rubbish start to the summer or is it just here?
Hot as July here in mid/southern Illinois ( that is Il, Fanny) and dry as a bone....no rain expected for the next 10 days???? And haven't had any for the past 9 days already. Illinois is too hot for me but I have lived here all of my life.... I want to move to Wisconsin...ah, that would be a dream!🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 21
(A recommendation )
Has anyone watched “ Leonora Smee” ?? Her vlogs are a breath of fresh air… A little taste of British life.
Her vlog just popped up and I started watching… Travel fashion cooking a little bit of everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@Gertrude Maud I couldn't reply to you before the previous thread closed.

"What's this?
Stephanie drove from France to Italy . . . BY HERSELF.
According to @Clara Burnett, Stephanie is not allowed to travel unaccompanied.

Isabelle has definitely had something done to her face.
You just have to compare the recent vlog to this travel vlog from over two years ago."

I think CB suggested this to be a somewhat new phenomenon, post success of CD, not that Stephanie Jarvis had always had to travel in company.

---

Wow, can I come hang out for some peace and quiet? :LOL:
---

How did you find out about the additional properties and the granny farm? Was it on Tattle and then that prompted you to cancel your patronage?
I'm curious because if that is the case it shows how important those earlier threads of Tattle are (and the Wiki) and that we could be making a difference, one patron at a time.

Ditto on the weather. I had to go to my hair appointment in a COAT! It's June tomorrow! I can't wait to go see my parents in good ol Romania at the end of the month and then we will duck off to Greece so I can at least get to produce some Vitamin D naturally this year.
---

Seriously though, I know next to nothing about gardening, but what do all of those gardeners DO all day?
I used to do 4/5 hours every 2 weeks at my clients' homes, more if required leading up to when one of them used to open for Village Garden Day each year raising cash for local charities.
And, I didn't touch the lawn area either unless she was on holiday.
She had a largish garden with 2 large patios but everything was super lush and properly managed/maintained. She used to spend an absolute fortune when we visited the local trade nursery which was virtually on her doorstep and, of course, half the price of retail nurseries.
I would imagine that each of the 3 gardeners only spend a few hours pw between March-October, minimum wage obviously! Is Kirsty the Head Gardener, I hope so, as otherwise everybody would just end up doing their "own" thing without any real plan throughout the seasons.
I think I heard SJ say to Nic recently, "see you next month".

Reactions: 13
However, regardless of the status and (finally) realized right to financial compensation for participating in such an important forum, fame and fortune will not hit my head.
I'm going to relax a little this week, I deserve it, and then I'll continue with the "Watching the paint dry" series. (Preparations are underway - gardening gloves, sandpaper and a set of shelves for the children's room to be renovated)
View attachment 2208062
The CD got worse than my "Watching the Paint Dry" series. Total nothingness. I have nothing to say about the visit to the Italian villa either. Here is a good link, so you don't have to look for Fanny! (in case you are interested in the villa)

Having watched part of this vlog would I be right in thinking that, actually, anyone can book the "private" tour of this island in lake Garda? So fanny, full of 🐂💩 again, has lied to her viewers? I guess you can't just rock up and wander around unannounced but can book a tour with the owner of the villa/island. Not so exclusive eh fanny.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I used to do 4/5 hours every 2 weeks at my clients' homes, more if required leading up to when one of them used to open for Village Garden Day each year raising cash for local charities.
And, I didn't touch the lawn area either unless she was on holiday.
She had a largish garden with 2 large patios but everything was super lush and properly managed/maintained. She used to spend an absolute fortune when we visited the local trade nursery which was virtually on her doorstep and, of course, half the price of retail nurseries.
I would imagine that each of the 3 gardeners only spend a few hours pw between March-October, minimum wage obviously! Is Kirsty the Head Gardener, I hope so, as otherwise everybody would just end up doing their "own" thing without any real plan throughout the seasons.
I think I heard SJ say to Nic recently, "see you next month".
Apart from the raised beds and greenhouse nothing else looks like it's being touched at the Shitoo. Weeds galore.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.