The Chateau Diaries #245 Mummy, new look; Phi Phi, new pants; Ruthie, new novel - stranger than fiction!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree that her guest dinners do not need to be that elaborate. Fanny is so far up the 1980's ass it's bizarre. A simple meal, sourced from local farms and dairies would be on par with Alice Waters' Chez Panisse or any 4 star restaurant. People want to taste local and fresh and French. They are, after all, in FRANCE. Give them a set meal. A taste of the French countryside and region that she lives in. Nothing more. Have about five or 7 of those type of menus and rotate them. Locally sourced, extra points if it's from the walled garden. It's not rocket science. People aren't traveling to France for Texas bbq, or some recipe from Cypress. She really is the most shit inn keeper.

Reactions: 45
You should listen to your other cousin, Steph! ---
So now Snorts is hiding his mouth, too when eating? If I see it one more time I'll scream
I’d love to live with ashenfraudies means, she doesn’t need to budget with that kind of money coming each month, I read here earlier that some fool sent 500$ for scaffolding. On another note a friend who watches recently said she was unsubscribing because the content was too boring now, good to see the scales falling away at least from some followers eyes

Reactions: 31

James Carrington
2 hours ago
So Philip wears the same shirt to Chelsea Flower Show all day in the sunshine (to the point of getting sunburnt), wears it out all evening to the Yves Delorme shop and to Mavros, then he wears it the entire following day to drive back to La Lande in and then wears it for a third full "consecutive" day (if we believe the timelines) to return the van and prepare for all the guests...? One can only assume he also didn't shower in those 3 days as you certainly wouldn't go to the effort of showering and put on 2 day old sweaty clothes... One can only assume there is still no hot water at the Chateau then..? Any updates on the heating...
Rosie Hugh
1 hour ago
The problem with you is that you assume far too much and have far too little sense.
James Carrington
1 hour ago
And you are?

... and the rental van...

Reactions: 51
James Carrington doing God's work by asking THE OBVIOUS.

Reactions: 39
I’m sure PhiPhi and ashenfraudie did nothing to help with chicks, if there wasn’t footage I’d suspect they bought hatchlings or maybe kristy had them at home. she managed to get a product placement for “hello fresh “ in the shot . And PhiPhi really needs to change his clothes once and awhile

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
On that's simplicity itself - plant Australian natives.

Reactions: 14
Your expectations are not realistic LOL, on another note why is there all that crap in the kitchen behind the pea eater, ugh pea breath

Attachments

Reactions: 24
We aim to please, flying the flag for Surrey.

Reactions: 14
It pisses me off that those people turned up to help him and he allowed it. A/ Because, have they no sense of self preservation? And B/ Because, however stupid these people were, Dan should have provided them with hard hats the moment they went anywhere near the dump. Plus C/ The whole shiteau ruin should be out of bounds to ALL visitors together site, no exceptions. I'm fine with Dickless Dan putting his own life at risk. The man is a tragedy waiting to happen and that has to be why people watch. But it makes me angry that this self centered, thoughtless, sloppy, inept prick puts the lives of others on the line and just for content. Will these people secretly turn out to be his parents? Who cares - same rules applies. Those people should have been turned away with Dan citing how dangerous the ruin is. He doesn't permit his own kids inside the building, but he's very cavalier with other people lives, arsehole that he is.

Reactions: 29
Undee posted a video of herself wandering through Snorty's storage room shop. Basket of dead bugs, waterlogged walls, and a single rose Mareeee plucked from mummees garden....paarfect
Ye Olde Abandoned Squirrel Shoppe

Reactions: 26

Reactions: 11
why are his fingernails so darn long?

I remember once when someone made a comment about Philip's gross hair on the Manor & Maker comment section, Steve replied "oh, that's just the way men in Europe wear their hair".

I have to ask, is this long fingernail thing a look for men in Europe (I'm hoping not!).
For me, it's definitely a sign of someone who does absolutely no work.

Reactions: 32

There is no way they have cleaned that bed, professionally or otherwise, before they put it in use. It's been in a hotel for donkey's years. I understand when staying in hired accommodation that while I expect all bedsheets to have been washed and bleached in between guests that this does not extend to headboards and such but getting furniture intended for one's home is different

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.