The Chateau Diaries #242 It's becoming The Shopping Diaries! Stop spending, stay home, start renovating!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A tartlet mentioned Johanna’s Dream Home on YouTube sometime ago. I finally just got around to checking it out. So far, I’ve watched 1 video and it might be my new favorite. She’s put out 14 videos in 1 year and has 121,000 subscribers. She does everything and lots more that we wish SJ did. I’m off to watch the rest of her videos. Anyone else watch her?❤

Yes I've seen quite a few of her vlogs... she's a master of all of her tools, very skilled ... She has created a beautiful space albeit a little cluttered with stuff for me, but her little rituals of tea making etc are a delight...she does very little if any talking too...
---
She's probably going to be the evening dinner waitress and then the night porter when everybody else has left the building! :ROFLMAO:
She whip snuffs the candles out after dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Whip woman is there to volunteer right? We haven't seen her do anything!
She's a volunteer? I had no idea! I thought she was a paying guest.
You're right - I haven't seen her do a thing, except for that one scene where Stephanie filmed her doing her whip routine out in the courtyard when paying guests were leaving!
Still, if she was a volunteer, she'd have no way of knowing how to deal with a chateau emergency. As an owner, I'd never leave a volunteer on their own to deal with my home!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Fundraising idea: Fanny could have a star registry program for the vaulted ceiling of the chapel: for $1,000 you can name a star in the chapel ceiling and within 3 years, you will receive a map showing the coordinates of where your star is located on the chapel ceiling and a package of glow in the dark star stickers to adhere to your own ceiling at home so you can replicate the chapel ceiling in your own home.
---
Second Fundraising idea: For $10,000, you may have your own S&M boudoir photo shoot in the chapel with photos taken by photographer Michael Potts, You will receive a complimentary hard hat for the photo shoot as well as a slightly used 100 Stars robe to wear during breaks between shooting photographs. All photographs will be processed through the LieLande fantasy filter and you may choose the color and intensity of your eyes,

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Yes I've seen quite a few of her vlogs... she's a master of all of her tools, very skilled ... She has created a beautiful space albeit a little cluttered with stuff for me, but her little rituals of tea making etc are a delight...she does very little if any talking too...
---

She whip snuffs the candles out after dinner.
Wow - that's really a thing!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Just thinking.
If Clara wasn't real and was only here to wind us all up! If that was the case, totally mind blowing that s/he was so dedicated for so long. Just why, OR, who in real life has the time/or would wish to do that without some kind of recompense? Not me, for sure - truly exhausting and unnecessary! I wouldn't need the money that much!
Regardless if there were a "fee" involved Just so boring taking in consideration some of the shite that is periodically exchanged here - no offence to any individual, but really, I too am guilty of that offence. :ROFLMAO:
I have always given every other member on this forum 100% the same respect no matter what their status or time spent here, FFS it's a gossip and open forum, therefore, everybody is entitled to their opinion scenario! Added to which, nobody really has the need to insult or disrespect anyone else, either!
Nonetheless, there does appear to be a clique mentality when new members wish to join. I was a victim of that mentality myself, BUT, I am made of much stronger stuff and will not be bullied or, spoken down to by anyone these days, no matter who/what status they think they have here, OR, any other area of my life! :cool:
And, not everybody on this forum has to like each other either - why should we? Plus, let me add, that that certainly works both ways too - it's a given! But, tbh, occasionally, sometimes online communication can be misconstrued too, so wires gets crossed unintentionally!
BUT, I am still confused, about why did Clara so overly protect Dan/Annalise's split and, their boys? When, she was more than ready to expose Ollie and AN OTHER in connection with somewhat "allegedly" unsavoury behaviour at the HMN, when she also knew that he had a wife and 2 daughters at that time?
Doesn't make sense to me - actually totally contradictory, in fact!

Reactions: 18
Just thinking.
If Clara wasn't real and was only here to wind us all up! If that was the case, totally mind blowing that s/he was so dedicated for so long. Just why, OR, who in real life has the time/or would wish to do that without some kind of recompense? Not me, for sure - truly exhausting and unnecessary! I wouldn't need the money that much!
Regardless if there were a "fee" involved Just so boring taking in consideration some of the shite that is periodically exchanged here - no offence to any individual, but really, I too am guilty of that offence. :ROFLMAO:
I have always given every other member on this forum 100% the same respect no matter what their status or time spent here, FFS it's a gossip and open forum, therefore, everybody is entitled to their opinion scenario! Added to which, nobody really has the need to insult or disrespect anyone else, either!
Nonetheless, there does appear to be a clique mentality when new members wish to join. I was a victim of that mentality myself, BUT, I am made of much stronger stuff and will not be bullied or, spoken down to by anyone these days, no matter who/what status they think they have here, OR, any other area of my life! :cool:
And, not everybody on this forum has to like each other either - why should we? Plus, let me add, that that certainly works both ways too - it's a given! But, tbh, occasionally, sometimes online communication can be misconstrued too, so wires gets crossed unintentionally!
BUT, I am still confused, about why did Clara so overly protect Dan/Annalise's split and, their boys? When, she was more than ready to expose Ollie and AN OTHER in connection with somewhat "allegedly" unsavoury behaviour at the HMN, when she also knew that he had a wife and 2 daughters at that time?
Doesn't make sense to me - actually totally contradictory, in fact!
I know people are bored of Clara. But I was sure she was Annalise because of the protection of the boys. I wavered on that assumption after reading the original Clara’s post in thread 8, she def says she was a friend of two volunteers. So her intel would be limited and the rest speculation like the rest of us. I also think that there could be more than one person posting under the “Clara” name.

Reactions: 12
But I was sure she was Annalise because of the protection of the boys.
If she protects her boys then I hope she does not let them use the quad bike for its so dangerous , many people have died or been badly injured by them - roll overs , ejections off it and crushing if it rolls and falls on top of you.
It is something I would never buy for myself , let alone children to ride or , heaven forbid, drive !
They are so prone to roll over.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I know people are bored of Clara. But I was sure she was Annalise because of the protection of the boys. I wavered on that assumption after reading the original Clara’s post in thread 8, she def says she was a friend of two volunteers. So her intel would be limited and the rest speculation like the rest of us. I also think that there could be more than one person posting under the “Clara” name.
Clara knew extremely much stuff from Steffi s past and her relatives. I don’t think Steffi told Annalise all of that, especially because she and Dan appeared very late.

That kid protecting thing can be from a different person, I am thinking about a specific woman who has connections to Steffi s past AND is connected to a little child.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh what to do?!

Her grand salon can be fixed so it does not collapse. One month of YouTube would more than cover the cost. Should she fix it???? Should she let it collapse???? Such an incredibly difficult, difficult decision.

Poor, poor Chatelaine de Shopping. Attending a flower show in London will make it all better.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Thanks @Lady Avonlea & @OhIDontKnow... for the recaps.

All she is saying is 30,000 - 40,000 per month (for 3 years) is not enough & this is the 2nd time in 6 months she has done this. She also forgets that she previously told her patrons that the patron funds only pay the salaries of renovation workers & everyone else gets paid by YT income. Amaury is the only full time worker for renovations most of her workers are part time. Her gardeners, Davy & tree surgeon are part time & seasonal workers. So she is saying she pays at least 4 renovation workers (whoever they are) £5,000 every month even though not much has been going on for months (Pinocchio).

The sense of entitlement is not just from her. Most chateau YT owners think because they live in a chateau they are entitled to other people's money & they will never stop asking for money until something is done about it. This is why penniless Dan got himself a chateau. It doesn't matter how hard they work or how much they get done, they are all using public platforms to get people to pay for their lifestyle & they all became 'builders' to beg for money. The trick is to use your building to start a patreon page, that's how to get a monthly income even when projects get completed (Fleuries) or hardly make posts (MPK), the patrons are also expected to pay for bills & maintenance. SJ is also not the only one within the chateau grifting community that has other homes apart from a chateau.

This is why Marie keeps coming back even though she doesn't like creating & editing videos (& even though she has got other jobs) because she has seen an easy way to get money through an online audience & her presence at LL means more patrons. The same can be said for MPK & Selmar. If Dan can get a chateau, why can't Marie & Selmar or anyone else?

The viewers & patrons are the enablers of this greed. Billy & Dan are now heroes because they have got other people to pay for their homes & the audience can't get enough. Unless people stop donating, these people will not stop. Sometimes I wonder how they all coped before Feb 2020 (when their leader joined patreon) because they act like e-begging is the only way to survive.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Morose weed
Arranger has
Returned yet again to the chateau
In search of mental health, sex, vlog content & cheap
Emmaus vases… allegedly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Does anyone believe that the painting in the chapel rivals that of Notre Dame? Who painted the Dump chapel? The Dump chapel is less than 150 years old. If it was so valuable, why did the Dump owners do nothing to preserve for 18 years?
In Paris alone, there are 37 churches called "Notre Dame" and 100's more throughout France. Chatres, Reims, Bayeux, Amiens... just a few of the others Notre Dames I can think of off the top of my head. There's quite a few in Belgium too. Fanny, who always bends the truth to suit her narrative, could have been referring to any one of them. Backed into a corner by an angry mob weilding sharp pointy sticks, she could conceivably admit to have been misleading everyone about which Notre Dame she was talking about, but I doubt it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Kathy seems to be missing the chatting and the community as we have zoomed along 3 threads already . Enjoy the lovely countryside I always wanted to go there. Has anyone posted the latest excuses from F$F ? where they in the daily vlog or patreon ?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=84196476
Jimmy has some things to say on patron....
Jimmy McLaughlin
22min
Thank you for laying all the information out for us so clearly. Let’s face it… the Chateau and it’s people are why we watch. I suggest you have the put up the metal structural supports to hold up the roof and set the Chapel aside. Finishing the heating allows possible winter paying guests to come. Finishing Nattie and Jerry’s apartments would allow you to rent them out for more B&B income. Continue expanding to the unfinished rooms and fix them up as more rooms to lent. Finish the Grand Salon as it is a feature to attract guests. This is a business for guests and for your Viewers so that they produce revenue for improvements. It is a pipe dream to think the Viewers are going to be entertained each episode without you spending income for the garden improvements, trips, antique shopping and improvements weekly on the Chateau. In the future, when the rooms available are restored with your incredible styling and rented out, you can do step one of the Chapel. The Chapel doors are closed and no one misses it now. I think the Lake is a far, far better entertainment asset than a Chapel. Everyone can see it and enjoy it. The facing of the Chateau is seen by everyone on arrival..do it not the Chapel!!! If spending your entire budget on the Chapel and the Viewers see you with no weekly real improvements, they will go to your competitors who build and style every week. My friend said, if she sees you walk through the dead Winter Garden and talk to chickens or more time..she’s gone. 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I have my suspicions that Juniper road may be connected to someone who loves flowers and is returning to the Dump to try to unseat flower prodigy Pavlina. Who has been to the Juniper room and has repeatedly try to imply or say I am Clara Burnette for the past few days to curry favor with the Dump crew?

From August 23, 2021 tattle post #125:

Good bye Hamp-Shire, hello Suffolk (#979)
New pad already. The Juniper Room. 220.- per night. Woodditton/near Newmarket (Suffolk).
This pub is part of the Chestnut Group East Anglia, same as the Northgate Hotel /Bury St Edmunds, where Marie worked before.(in "corporate"whatever)
Where one of her future interviewees is/was head chef. What a coincidence.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Shocking - Andy thinks the owners should get a mortgage. You know that isn't going to happen!!! :ROFLMAO:
Andy
2h
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, and maybe these are dirty words to even bring it up: Low-interest construction/restoration loan? Second (or first?) mortgage? Some form of a line of credit? Ideally, a grant would be good.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.