The Chateau Diaries #242 It's becoming The Shopping Diaries! Stop spending, stay home, start renovating!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @LittleMore Cottage and @TorontoGWM for naming the thread, I mixed your nominations, as it's just au currant and paaaarfect.

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread:

Lochness Monster
VIP Member

Thursday at 10:05 AM
Albee said:
It is unfair of them to suggest this knowing no support is available on weekends. If you don’t feel comfortable having him home without support at the end of the line then decline their offer and arrange to take him home during week. Do not feel bad standing up for what is best for you and him.
In truth I have been living with this for 7 years now…🥲. The difference here is him being in hospital gave me a brief break emotionally…..However to confine someone to being locked indoors pretty much all of 10 days is not helpful to integration to the real world….he is looking forward to being at home and I don’t want to disappoint him.

I know I am fortunate in so many ways and tell myself this….We have paid for so much support from hourly breaks to me moving out for six months, renting a flat nearby to give me a break , and paying full time live in care…. Care at £1800 a week…. Which is not sustainable in your late 50’s. It is infuriating when you find the untrained carers get less than half that money. They cannot cook and don’t know how to support my partner. I ended up cooking ,and the last one said the bed and room were like staying in a hotel….. I paid for her to fly back to her home….

Maddening.In truth no one wants to care 24/7 for people as unwell as my partner for what feels like a life time already. He cannot recover because of his Electric shock treatment….damage. It’s soul destroying for me to watch him suffer….
I have broad shoulders, have tried to read many books, watched relevant vlogs, I am on several online support groups.
Best of all is my little support doggy friend and my garden.
Thank you to those listening to me and offering guidance. I appreciate it deeply

Attachments
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions:StephaniesSupportConsort, Pippin speaks out, banshee ob and 51 others

Marquis de Potpourri

VIP Member

Yesterday at 7:54 PM
Waddup, Yentas, trolls, and hags!
Thanks for your concern @MRShavershamsdress and @Karma baby!
Sorry for not being here as much as I want to. I've just been doing a lot of business trips lately.

Baby Update: ❤ ❤;)❤❤
My wife sent me this video of the sonogram! The doctor said the baby is 28 weeks old; strong and healthy.
Apologies for the derail! Now back to Lalande!

Attachments

Last edited: Yesterday at 7:59 PM
  • Heart
Reactions:You, lolander, MagpieSassyPants and 51 others

Le Baiseur
VIP Member

Thursday at 7:10 PM
New Channel Alert!

1684429776280.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Goatlady6, Lady Avonlea and 49 others

KyBourbon

VIP Member

Wednesday at 8:32 PM
@HalcyonOrganic You made it! 😄👍

IMG_5232.gif

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, ChattyChatelaine, CountessPompidoo and 47 others

Lady Avonlea
VIP Member

Thursday at 4:45 AM
  • This weeks patron video was an unfulfilling quickie - only 13.22 minutes which I could sleep through.
Mother & Son Roadtrip
  • Fanny and Snorty are staying overnight in a cheap roadside motel 4 hours from the shitoo, enroute home from their 5 day trip away to pick up a 'wow' factor for Bonne Maman (Fanny wants us to guess what they bought)
  • Fanny is quick to point out it's a cheap roadside motel and just to reiterate the point uses the phrase 'knock on plastic'. Of course we'll never get to see the expensive places they stayed the other 3 nights.
  • No mention of Snorty being car sick (apparently he's doing most of the driving)
In the Kitchen with Tante & Oncle
  • Just another day with Fanny saying goodbye to guests in her housecoat (hope they didn't pay more for this)
  • One of the pugs was there - don't know why??? (Do they not have their own home?)
  • Chantal & Steve are cooking dinner for the downstairs staff (+Fanny & Snorty) and Chantal's meals seem much more hearty than those served to the guests. ( 6 broccoli spears on each plate)
  • Oh Goody - Snorty has a new plate which has taken pride of place in the kitchen. It has a 'P' on it for Philip (or Paulette - Fanny's grandmother). Snorty & Fanny ohhing and awwwing together over the plate was nauseating! :sick:
  • Snorty's hair is looking thinner again - appears he removed the hair extensions
Dinner with Mr. Collins & Riff Raff (filmed night of May 13 during Eurovision final)
  • Snorty standing over Fanny reminded me of creepy Mr. Collins from Pride & Prejudice
  • Next shot and we're suddenly back at the Rocky Horror dinner scene - this time Riff Raff is in full costume
  • The large lady still doesn't look impressed with the food or portion sizes
  • Cat Woman is still there in full tiara
Dancing in the Kitchen with the Downstairs Staff
  • Fanny & Snorty are eating dinner with Riff Raff, Transylvanian Woman, Cat Woman & Janet, while the downstairs staff (including Cuz & Natti) are having fun in the kitchen watching the Eurovision finals
  • After dinner Fanny joins the kitchen crew to dance to Finland and award them 12 points
RENOVATION UPDATE - Fanny Gets All Serious
  • Hallelujah - Praise the lord - the architects report has arrived!!!! (Now we know why Nic was there visiting)
  • There's alot to digest, alot to talk about - so gird your loins tartlets!!!
  • Good news is Fanny has a path forward and can get started on the work (I'll believe it when I see it)
  • Bad news is there is far, far more needed than Fanny had realized (why is Fanny the only one suprised by this?)
  • It must be bad because Fanny is actually going to do a separate Patron vlog on Saturday, so she can talk about all it then when she's back in the cocooned safety of Lalande.
  • Stay tuned folks - same Bat tit, same Bat Channel, different Bat time!
  • The peasants may hear about it all on Sunday's CD vlog (or maybe not)
  • Fanny's plan is to tackle the work as if she were eating an elephant - one bite at a time. (Snorty, the uneducated imbecile child laughs and thinks this is funny)
Now over to you Karma baby for your wonderful upload :love:

Lady Avonlea
VIP Member

Thursday at 4:45 AM
  • This weeks patron video was an unfulfilling quickie - only 13.22 minutes which I could sleep through.
Mother & Son Roadtrip
  • Fanny and Snorty are staying overnight in a cheap roadside motel 4 hours from the shitoo, enroute home from their 5 day trip away to pick up a 'wow' factor for Bonne Maman (Fanny wants us to guess what they bought)
  • Fanny is quick to point out it's a cheap roadside motel and just to reiterate the point uses the phrase 'knock on plastic'. Of course we'll never get to see the expensive places they stayed the other 3 nights.
  • No mention of Snorty being car sick (apparently he's doing most of the driving)
In the Kitchen with Tante & Oncle
  • Just another day with Fanny saying goodbye to guests in her housecoat (hope they didn't pay more for this)
  • One of the pugs was there - don't know why??? (Do they not have their own home?)
  • Chantal & Steve are cooking dinner for the downstairs staff (+Fanny & Snorty) and Chantal's meals seem much more hearty than those served to the guests. ( 6 broccoli spears on each plate)
  • Oh Goody - Snorty has a new plate which has taken pride of place in the kitchen. It has a 'P' on it for Philip (or Paulette - Fanny's grandmother). Snorty & Fanny ohhing and awwwing together over the plate was nauseating! :sick:
  • Snorty's hair is looking thinner again - appears he removed the hair extensions
Dinner with Mr. Collins & Riff Raff (filmed night of May 13 during Eurovision final)
  • Snorty standing over Fanny reminded me of creepy Mr. Collins from Pride & Prejudice
  • Next shot and we're suddenly back at the Rocky Horror dinner scene - this time Riff Raff is in full costume
  • The large lady still doesn't look impressed with the food or portion sizes
  • Cat Woman is still there in full tiara
Dancing in the Kitchen with the Downstairs Staff
  • Fanny & Snorty are eating dinner with Riff Raff, Transylvanian Woman, Cat Woman & Janet, while the downstairs staff (including Cuz & Natti) are having fun in the kitchen watching the Eurovision finals
  • After dinner Fanny joins the kitchen crew to dance to Finland and award them 12 points
RENOVATION UPDATE - Fanny Gets All Serious
  • Hallelujah - Praise the lord - the architects report has arrived!!!! (Now we know why Nic was there visiting)
  • There's alot to digest, alot to talk about - so gird your loins tartlets!!!
  • Good news is Fanny has a path forward and can get started on the work (I'll believe it when I see it)
  • Bad news is there is far, far more needed than Fanny had realized (why is Fanny the only one suprised by this?)
  • It must be bad because Fanny is actually going to do a separate Patron vlog on Saturday, so she can talk about all it then when she's back in the cocooned safety of Lalande.
  • Stay tuned folks - same Bat tit, same Bat Channel, different Bat time!
  • The peasants may hear about it all on Sunday's CD vlog (or maybe not)
  • Fanny's plan is to tackle the work as if she were eating an elephant - one bite at a time. (Snorty, the uneducated imbecile child laughs and thinks this is funny)
Now over to you Karma baby for your wonderful upload :love:

Oh well... let's see what Fanny's next offer is... I'm sure it goes in the wiki
Happy Tattling - I'm off to play the new Age Of Empires II: Return Of Rome...

• Heart
Reactions: 36
OMG
I can’t take a photo from IG to up load on here but have a look at the photos FRK has posted of the pink room she is staying in.
There is one of a stool that I am assuming is the same one that the 2 twats were recovering when smugmug ran out of staples. Well it has been plonked in front of the dressing table and you can see that the recovering has still not been finished as the material is poking out, as it has still not been attached to the woodwork. Lazy fuckers.

ETA the wall paper is torn in more than one place behind the dressing table, pink crayons 🖍 on order urgently.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
OMG
I can’t take a photo from IG to up load on here but have a look at the photos FRK has posted of the pink room she is staying in.
There is one of a stool that I am assuming is the same one that the 2 twats were recovering when smugmug ran out of staples. Well it has been plonked in front of the dressing table and you can see that the recovering has still not been finished as the material is poking out, as it has still not been attached to the woodwork. Lazy fuckers.

ETA the wall paper is torn in more than one place behind the dressing table, pink crayons 🖍 on order urgently.
😂

IMG_5799.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
@Karma baby! Consider this fair warning…put down the Cavill and step away from my husband…I will cut a witch. And for that I’ll use Snorty’s grandfather’s favorite dull, rusty pen knife that I had to exume…if you get my drift…🤨

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I went to Warwick Castle today with the organisation I volunteer for and saw this.
Marie Antoinette's clock from Versailles.
Thank duck its safe there and not on an auction site. Imagine if fanny the grifter got her hands on it. it would be hidden under piles of crap never to been seen again.
20230520_131334.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I went to Warwick Castle today with the organisation I volunteer for and saw this.
Marie Antoinette's clock from Versailles.
Thank duck its safe there and not on an auction site. Imagine if fanny the grifter got her hands on it. it would be hidden under piles of crap never to been seen again.
View attachment 2184628
Fanny has not stooped this low

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
To @RGA about the Chilton Co peaches- you know what I mean!!! We are just a little north of Verbena up 65. So we usually get plenty of those wonderful peaches!
*Hope that last cold snap didn’t do damage. I haven’t seen any yet....🙀

Reactions: 15
Lady Colin Campbell mentioned that she had a Chateau in France she spent very little time in. Weekends and things like that I believe. France went out of their way to try and prove that made her children French citizens, or that she was there long enough, to take part of her inheritance when her mother died. They never got it but she spent a fortune in legal bills to keep it from them. They are all playing a dangerous game with the tax authorities imo.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
The extended family of fables
Wherever Amoury is not employed and he lives in the UK….

Another Liar.
Waaaaaait a minute!!! Do you mean that Fanny’s granny (oy vey) names two of her spawn Isabelle?!? Lord love a duck! I think I need a builder’s tea and a digestive. Maybe even a lie down.🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 21
As someone who works for an interior designer this hurts my eyes in so many ways.
Why are the curtains so short??
What is going on with the heading of the curtains??
Why is the stool not finished?
The frilly valance around the table? burn it!
Don't get me started on the wallpaper or the overuse of patterns.
She doesn't use this room for paying guests does she?
I cant wait to show this to the upholsterers at work on Monday!! 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Hey Chatelaine de Shopping… your B&B guests don’t want a new bed. They want a bedroom that won’t fall down.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
As someone who works for an interior designer this hurts my eyes in so many ways.
Why are the curtains so short??
What is going on with the heading of the curtains??
Why is the stool not finished?
The frilly valance around the table? burn it!
Don't get me started on the wallpaper or the overuse of patterns.
She doesn't use this room for paying guests does she?
I cant wait to show this to the upholsterers at work on Monday!! 🤣🤣
It's the curtains which are the worst offender in my opinion. Cheap, tacky, curtain headings, and they're neither long, nor short, just hanging, with no sense of purpose. Bit like Stepha-mee-mee..no sense of purpose, no sense of direction..

• Heart
Reactions: 28
IMG_3020.png

Boring French Beans
Offer yawn worth content and minimal
Renovations
In a messy chateau where they
Never get anything done and she
Gets upset # of subscribers hasn’t grown????

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.