The Chateau Diaries #215 When Grandpa gives you a tureen at age 12, even he knows you're a queen!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rumpole of the Bailey was most popular in the 70s /80s, so could be someone from late 50s onwards. I loved the TV series with the late Leo MacKern and Patricia Hodge (and I'm not in my 70s :ROFLMAO: .) It could still point to Gerry and I think this is very likely. You are of course correct in saying that slander refers to the spoken word.
I agree with you regarding viewership of Rumpole of the Bailey.
But, anyone who is wishing to appear legally savvy, AND, actually making a point about slander, would no way in hell be quoting a 40 year old TV programme as a reference/example, would they? Truly laughable, isn't it?
If they were really serious, their terminology would have been far more based on legal advice they had sought before posting their comments.
Well, that is what I would have done.
AND, again, I totally agree with you too, if the CHMN is taking advice from Gerry - God, help them! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Can afford to be a "full time youtuber" but can't afford to fix his van or get his own place. If you do not have enough money for transportation and shelter, my dude, you do not have enough money to give up JOBS. The chateau he bought is a total loss, and unless he has Bill Gates money it's going to stay a total loss. He basically said "Here. I've given you an excuse to give me money not to get things done, like my pal, SJ. Here is my hat. Fill it." So insulting and gross.
Not to Danfend, but y’all know “YT as a job” is my trigger 🤓
To be fair, he bought a car and has a place to stay for now. I think his “cabin” plan is genuine… it doesn’t mean it’s not stupid tho! 😂

Where he painfully miscalculated is the chateau.

For example, Billy is doing the exact same thing Dan wants to do. Renovating for the sake of content, to use the YT income for renovations, and basically adding free equity to his property while having fun. It’s such a win-win-win plan and I see it’s appeal.

Where Dan went soooo far off the track is:

1. I bet everything he’s not making as much as Billy from YT
2. The property he bought is not a property, it’s a ruin
3. He wants to do it all by himself (because he’s not making enough from YT)

Dan took a win-win-win opportunity and made it into a lose-meh-lose situation 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Surely Fanny got an inflammation of all the muscles of her head, neck, arms, and shoulders!
So much waving, my head was spinning!
I thought her mouth is moving so she must be lying but at least there is no back ground droning commentary... spoke too soon as we get to the part re decision of gite or honeymoon suite... well the flood gates opened (not for the first time at Lielande) and there it is. That voice, that me me me me what I want to do is..... who gives a tit as to what he wants to do. He's the hired help, boyfriend in name only. Surely baghead and Potty mouth should intervene and put him in his place (preferably on the next train home). He has far too much to say about something that he is not a part of. He really is dilusuional. I had to switch off as I couldn't listen to any more. Thank you though @Karma baby! for sharing, I do appreciate your efforts to provide us with these exclusive vlogs I just couldn't get past man cubs verbal input.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Some Tartlets have been wondering where in the world is Nick & Marie. I have been wondering if their absence is the direct result of Potty becoming a partner. He would no doubt side with the Châteaulaine during debates over the “functioning” of the Shiteau. In times of crisis Potty reaching for expensive bottles of wine rather than dealing with the situation at hand. I have wondered why Marie had put up with all the bs when she appears to be smarter than the whole lot of them.
I think the Larkins want/are out. I think Marie went along with it for a while as Antoine was a favourite/only nephew and might have had expectations. However with the arrival of the tenacious toy boy, and the increasingly ridiculous/reckless behaviour of Fanny, the Larkin’s want their money back. Luckily Potty finds himself in need of a European base with a part time friend with benefits. It seems highly probable that Amaury’s family have also bought into the “golden goose” HMN. This does mean Fanny will have to keep on Vlogging even though it’s so exhausting!

Reactions: 26
I had to laugh out loud at the question about when they are going to get engaged!

I want to know when they are going to have sex. That will be when she discovers he really is a queen!

How much longer can he delay?

• Haha
  • Heart
I agree with you regarding viewership of Rumpole of the Bailey.
But, anyone who is wishing to appear legally savvy, AND, actually making a point about slander, would no way in hell be quoting a 40 year old TV programme as a reference/example, would they? Truly laughable, isn't it?
If they were really serious, their terminology would have been far more based on legal advice they had sought before posting their comments.
Well, that is what I would have done.
AND, again, I totally agree with you too, if the CHMN is taking advice from Gerry - God, help them! :ROFLMAO:
Nater sound like bully who wants to be a stand up comedian, so yeah, that's Gerry.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Dan should calculate what materials he needs and place an order for it all to be delivered to the farmhouse and get on with the job. The whole thing could be done in a few months and probably generate good yt income.

I can't wait for him to buy oak beams or RSJs (reinforced steel joists) and bring them to his ruin in his car.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So I was thinking we only know Fanny since she started vlogging. She cried poor, poverty, but. If someone really had no.money and struggled, arent they more frugal? I am thinking of people who lived through the depression. Fanny acts more like someone who won the lottery, and is spending as fast as she can...I myself did not come from money, learned from an early age to budget and bargain shop and the difference between a want and a need. That is the problem. Its all want in her world

• Heart
I had to laugh out loud at the question about when they are going to get engaged!

I want to know when they are going to have sex. That will be when she discovers he really is a queen!

How much longer can he delay?
they are saving themselves for a marriage?

• Haha
I thought her mouth is moving so she must be lying but at least there is no back ground droning commentary... spoke too soon as we get to the part re decision of gite or honeymoon suite... well the flood gates opened (not for the first time at Lielande) and there it is. That voice, that me me me me what I want to do is..... who gives a tit as to what he wants to do. He's the hired help, boyfriend in name only. Surely baghead and Potty mouth should intervene and put him in his place (preferably on the next train home). He has far too much to say about something that he is not a part of. He really is dilusuional. I had to switch off as I couldn't listen to any more. Thank you though @Karma baby! for sharing, I do appreciate your efforts to provide us with these exclusive vlogs I just couldn't get past man cubs verbal input.
Watch the side eye that Michael Potts, her family and other long-term friends give him when he speaks. They can't stand him. She's just enjoying inflicting him on people. Hiding behind him to justify her own shopping and traveling and grifting. Typical narc.

• Heart
  • Wow
Nater sound like bully who wants to be a stand up comedian, so yeah, that's Gerry.
Could be. But, my advice to Gerry would be - is stick to your day job, i.e. taxi driver and continue to bore your customers/passengers with your "dad" jokes". :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.