Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think its just her American sense of humor. She ends her vlogs with "if you care to leave a comment". I think its just her way. I don't really think it bothered her that bad. She reads here maybe she will join us.
If it had been just a passing comment in a winking fashion I would agree. But she returned to it several times. If felt jarring and odd, strangely defensive and they don’t strike me as having any reason to be so. They work hard, are upfront and don’t beg. Well, not any more.

Reactions: 5

Madame No

VIP Member
It’s Pippin’s reflection (the little red cutie). He would cremate himself, given the chance—he cannot get enough heat and gets too close, poor old fella. I have to pull him to safety. He just loves it. No Brenda Gibbons in Southern Oregon...

---

Omg! Are you my sister? I have the exact same brother. I would love a sister... :m
We may indeed be cosmic sisters with cosmic brothers. Are you in southern Oregon? I'm in Portland. 👯‍♀️

Iolair

VIP Member
it’s about an hour from her flat to Heathrow… they could have driven there and then on to the van hire place. But then they were seen at West Byfleet train station.
The whole journeys, van, Potts meeting up and being at Lalande, travel to uk , time in London , phi phi going all the way to the Netherlands for a reunion. Who is paying this boys wages so he can travel endlessly, buy china sofas and even that tacky console for the marquis apartment. He is like a skunk leaving a trail of putrid smell after him.
I quite like the tacky console table. Napoleon III isn't it? The rest of their crap can go on a bonfire.

• Sick

UvulaDonor

VIP Member
Yes, they must be every French chateau owner's dream. Supply still exceeds demand, though.
Yes - why does France have a huge surplus of rundown great houses/chateaus? Or does it - do other European countries have heaps too, but they are too expensive to buy, whereas France's ones are cheap?

Slight disclaimer - I'm still somewhat surprised at times to find myself here - I don't like French stylez - all that fiddley shite on furniture, walls, ceilings, fabric - bleurgh. I must have been a Quaker in a former life - I like simple design.

---

Thank you for sharing that @UvulaDonor , very interesting indeed. EDIT Nominative determinism !
There is also 'Aptronym'.

"An aptronym is a name that matches the occupation or character of its owner, often in a humorous or ironic way. Also called an aptonym or a namephreak.
A contemporary example of an aptronym is Usain "Lightning" Bolt, the Jamaican sprinter who's widely regarded as the world's fastest man."

I love it! Just like the crazy driving in the early Love Bug movies!

BTW, years ago I was visiting a friend in LA whose French husband was in the entertainment industry. He had a French filmmaker visiting from France and he showed us a short film he made about Citroens taking over the town. I wish I could find that film, I've searched to no avail. The filmmaker's name was pronounced "doodoo" - are there any Euro-Tattlers familiar with him or his Citroen film?
Was it Vincent Dieutre?

Reactions: 3