The Chateau Diaries #21 Peep shows, Creep shows, Tour drama overflows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@TheTaxInspector I have to admit I enjoy the visits to Emmaus, and to be fair, they have found great treasures there in the past. Picture frames for example which with a bit of work could be used to frame all the weird and wonderful assortment of ‘art’ and save spending ££s on new ones. But they seemed to treat it as a joke and home in on the most tasteless and tacky objects you ever saw. I don’t think it’s a question of needing to shop there so much as well, everyone loves a brocante don’t they? That one looked extremely dull though!

Reactions: 9
I'm getting really frustrated about what's going on at the moment. I'm not usually a vindictive sort of person, but I have got to the stage where I find myself actively looking for negative comments about SSB etc on YT and on here, and feeling really happy when I find them. I want more and more people to see through the la la land situation and the more negative remarks I see the more I hope the message is getting out there.

The reason I am frustrated is because of the results of a little experiment I did yesterday. I've read on here before about the fact that la la people are amongst us, and that we could be giving them good ideas about marketing etc, and also a heads up when they are coming over badly to their public. But, also, we are acting as mods for them. I posted on here yesterday about vile comments being made on YT, saying that I was surprised that they had been left on there (for 2 days). I included a screenshot of some of the nasty remarks. I then deleted my tattle post a little while later, and guess what? within a very short time the offending comments had been removed from YT. Proof, for me that what has been said on here before, about them being amongst us, is true. I had, in essence, acted as a mod for them.

So, what to do? I don't want to be a mod for them on YT, I want to see more and more proof via negative comments that people are starting to wake up. I want those comments left in public view for as long as possible. But, I also want to be able to share things on here that will inform and encourage my fellow tattlers (a lot of who can no longer bear to watch the vlogs and who certainly don't want to waste time reading superfan comments), but who are just waiting for the day that the rotten house of cards falls.

It's a bit of a catch 22. Any advice?
If you post the copies of the mean/negative/interesting comments here on tattle, they are preserved for posterity.
Even removed tattle posts remain on tattle if they have been quoted here, I noticed.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Clicked on YouTube last night to see something unrelated, and noticed that a FULL TWO HOURS before Stephanny's premiere last night her sycophantic crew were already on there and waiting. Doing all their 'Hi everyone' and 'lovely to see you' and 'I'm really excited for tonight's premiere'. Just waiting, TWO HOURS or so before it starts. These people are unhinged.
So true. I've been reading these live chats and they have formed a mad sort of family clique. I suspect they are probably lonely people. It's become a support group. Several of them have had operations lately, some are having cancer treatment. Percy, Isabelle and Gerry join in. When the obnoxious Loki gets negative comments, he is defended by the group. The person posting the comment is attacked and told they are not part of the "family". Nati oversees the clique now. They log on early to chat to each other. Yes they are sycopanths.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Be in no doubt she is a victim of emotional abuse. SJ - I love you my new best friend. Now let's sit down over tea and have a good old chat. Marie thinks she is interested in her life story. She tells her life story. SJ is on a fishing expedition to find all those vulnerabilities and little secrets of Marie's life. She knows her inside out now. So it's I love you Marie - until you do something naughty like want to leave me - and then I hate you Marie. But I'll still tell you that I love you Marie but I'll do little things to muddle you up by being a bit mean, but with a smile. Then tell you I love you Marie. Then get one of the others to do something mean. Then I'll be nice to you. All to cause confusion. That life story Marie told her now gives SJ all the tools to use against Marie, she knows her vulnerabilities, the things she isn't happy about with herself & boy oh boy is SJ good at poking the stick in the cage. So Marie is a victim & SJ is her tormentor aided and abetted by her flying monkeys Nati & Philip.
I don’t feel sorry for ‘poor’ Marie..... She is an adult and she choose to get mixed up with these people. She is not a prisoner and she can always leave.... We all had or have problems in our lives, but we don’t go asking people for money to solve them. Want a car? Get a bank loan or a lease... Can’t do that? Get a proper job like all of us to get loan or lease! This playing ‘the poor me card’ is getting old and tiresome!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Remember that you can report people that are needlessly arguing with you/are bickering off topic like that. It is in fact against the forum rules. I see a lot of aggression directed at you, so just wanted to remind you about the report function instead of engaging with those types of people. The mods here are really great about deleting comments like that.
Thanks! I don't really feel the aggression and often it's a rather see-through straightforward fishing expedition, easy to dodge. When it get's ugly, believe me, I know when to push that button.

Reactions: 15
I think continue to post on here. The effect is fewer La La visitors will wish to be filmed or photographed. Does anyone believe Kim and her professor husband who normally attend will wish to be captured? Ruth is already out. Visiting friends from other countries will be mindful. And invited Chateau owners will be careful of mixing with SJ if they have done their market research. So gradually SJ will be left with fewer people who create new content.
It will be worse than those time share touts in a bit.
Go on holiday and a vlogger will be in your face. You will be made to sit down and open tat until your fingers bleed.

Your opinion will be garnered on falafaels and if you're not careful you will be press ganged into posing nude for photographs (tastefully of course) whilst being serenaded by the local operatic society.

You will have to sign a non disclosure agreement and be up to date with all of your shots (you'll need them!)

You may of course wear blinkered glasses and in order to participate you will need a patreon account ( to determine level of fleecing) You will also need accreditation of flattering comments on YouTube live chat and in general comments.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I don’t feel sorry for ‘poor’ Marie..... She is an adult and she choose to get mixed up with these people. She is not a prisoner and she can always leave.... We all had or have problems in our lives, but we don’t go asking people for money to solve them. Want a car? Get a bank loan or a lease... Can’t do that? Get a proper job like all of us to get loan or lease! This playing ‘the poor me card’ is getting old and tiresome!
If you have no personal experience of emotional abuse from a narcissist then you might not understand. It is likened to PTSD and can take a long time to realise it has happened to you & a long time to recover from.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
@TheTaxInspector I have to admit I enjoy the visits to Emmaus, and to be fair, they have found great treasures there in the past. Picture frames for example which with a bit of work could be used to frame all the weird and wonderful assortment of ‘art’ and save spending ££s on new ones. But they seemed to treat it as a joke and home in on the most tasteless and tacky objects you ever saw. I don’t think it’s a question of needing to shop there so much as well, everyone loves a brocante don’t they? That one looked extremely dull though!
I quite like the Emmaus trips, preferably without BJJ though.

Reactions: 8
I think continue to post on here. The effect is fewer La La visitors will wish to be filmed or photographed. Does anyone believe Kim and her professor husband who normally attend will wish to be captured? Ruth is already out. Visiting friends from other countries will be mindful. And invited Chateau owners will be careful of mixing with SJ if they have done their market research. So gradually SJ will be left with fewer people who create new content.
I agree completely. Let's put the responsibility back to where it belongs. SJ's using her grifting skills to wheel in enormous amounts of money and she's using other people to create the content for it. We know SJ sees us as trolls and blames us for "bullying absolutely lovely people so badly that they’ve even chosen to leave the chateau rather than take the abuse', because that's what se wrote in response to Boy Trotters sob-vlog. You know what, SJ, the truth hurts. It's about time those absolutely lovely people (and everybody else) start to redirect the blame to where it actually belongs: her greedy attitude that put them in the spotlight to begin with and made them complicit to her misconduct.
It's clear she will never learn anything from what we say here, it won't sink in, no matter how hard she tries to correct the mistakes we keep pointing out, the lies she sells, she will make new ones over and over again, because that's inherent to her character. But like you said: word should go out more and more to the people who are willingly helping her to line her own pockets.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

I wasn't going to post but couldn't let this one go.

Could you imagine if PP pointed to one of the monstrous napkins or tablecloths or hand made books in the local outlet only for a super fan to report that they had sent it last year. Sorry but I think it could happen. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
First thing after the intro. It seems nothing has changed since 2019... Where are the Narcissus flower emojis
Just seeing that again makes me think there is seriously something very wrong with SJ. You can see from her face that she is manic. A 40 plus woman behaving like that with her weird and self-conscious mannersims, and her voice and laughter, is uber-annoying. Also, Marie has had to put up with SJ calling her by a pretentious French version/pronunciation of her name which is completely different from her own Norwegian name of Marie. Surely, everyone deserves to be called by their real name and people should make some effort to pronounce it correctly! I don't agree with Marie's grifting and constantly referring to her sob stories but clearly she has issues and has become a target for SJ. Even in that old vlog, there were little digs and remarks, all of which, SJ would describe as humour but they are, nevertheless, spiteful and the "friendship" is all fakery. SJ reminds me of a cat grooming another cat and therefore appearing loving when it is really showing its dominance over the other one. It's what coercive control freaks do.

SJ is so self-conscious and pretentious. When being filmed from behind in the cathedral vlog, she was walking in a very unnatural way, it was so obvious she was thinking "the camera is watching me from behind"!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
They frequently visit the brocantes and despite this, take really tacky pieces of "art" to be framed. I understand that to Fanny, her father's work, despite it being naive and in poor taste to others, will have some sentimental meaning for her. I cannot for the life of me see why some of the appalling rubbish from the GAG is taken for framing, at great cost. If she insists on putting it in a frames, surely they could pick up cheap frames at Emmaus that would do the job?

Reactions: 12
I can see how that would work regarding visitors who are previous friends eg the usual bunch of party buddies for Xmas and Easter etc.

But you have got me thinking, and now I am wondering if she has been thinking ahead, and her announcement that the B&B will only be open for Patrons guarantees new meat for the vlogs. Can't you just imagine the huge queue of people just gagging to get on camera with their beloved heroine and who are prepared to travel to the shattoo, paying for the privilege, and having their 15 minutes of fame. No, I don't think SJ will ever be left with fewer people for new content.
I can see a time when top tier patrons who have paid for a stay at la la land will have their photographs next to their names at the end of the vlogs :sick:.

• Heart
True, there are no rotten old farmhouses in Britain 😂😂
There are tons of rotten old farmhouses in Britain but they cost twice as much as in a lot of other countries, very often don't have as much land attached to them & the weather is rubbish here. The UK TV programme series A Place in the Sun illustrates how much more you can get for your money. From last year : "Nurse Karen and GP Alastair from Montrose are longing for a slower pace of life and are relocating to the beautiful countryside of the Dordogne in France. The couple are looking for a character property with a pool, that’s also big enough for their whole family to come and visit, so they’ve asked for Laura Hamilton’s help. Laura has found 5 fantastic options to show them for their £175,000 budget, but will any turn out to be their idea of perfection?" https://www.aplaceinthesun.com/tv-show/original/2020/dordogne-france-laura-hamilton

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I've been reading and wanted to share a couple of things for newbies mainly.

I found tattle last year after my son's partner was constantly talking about cleaning and Mrs Hinch. I watched for a while, looked for other threads I might like too. I posted a comment similar to "why watch if you get annoyed - just turn off" and received a warning about moderating a thread. Then dipped out for what I thought was forever.

I totally misunderstand the joy that could come from this wonderful site.

Fast forward to a conversation with Nana about saint Stephanie and how she has sun shing out of her behind. Googled CD's and scam and I arrived here.

Read from thread 1 before posting.

To all the newbies. It is worth the read. It helps with getting to know the tone of the thread and the personalities of the contributors.

Nana's in hospital, not great. I'm going to be lurking for a while when I can.

Potential C19 spreading in the 💩 ooo is really pis*ing me off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Just seeing that again makes me think there is seriously something very wrong with SJ. She is manic, a 40 plus woman behaving like that, her weird and self-conscious mannersims and her voice and laughter are uber-annoying. Also, Marie has had to put up with SJ calling her by a pretentious French version/pronunciation of her name which is completely different from her own Norwegian name of Marie. Surely, everyone deserves to be called by their real name and people should make some effort to pronounce it correctly!
Should be pronounced “Maria” I think?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
. Also, Marie has had to put up with SJ calling her by a pretentious French version/pronunciation of her name which is completely different from her own Norwegian name of Marie. Surely, everyone deserves to be called by their real name and people should make some effort to pronounce it correctly!
It amuses me to hear non-native French speakers put on exaggerated accents, especially to a primarily English speaking audience! It merely serves to demonstrate to all and sundry that they are desperate to impress and instead they become a figure of fun. I can think of one poster that I find myself unable to read the name without imagining how that person would be likely to pronounce it. 😂

@Geordieboy71 Sending our very best wishes for Nana's speedy recovery. 💐

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.