Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ploppityplop2

VIP Member
Good evening, Tartlets and Tartgents! I am just catching up after an incredibly busy few days, and see you all have been a chatty lot. 🤪

Annaliese's dirty car (not the stock footage Macca Mobile one): she is a working mum with full custody of two children (it's not like the littles are having sleepovers at Dan's roofless Chateau), and Dan borrows her car. While it is a hot mess, Annaliese is doing the best she can, doesn't have a maid nor nanny, and is probably exhausted just trying to feed them, keep up on laundry, housework, homework, and spending time with them when she gets home. While it wouldn't hurt her to keep a small rubbish bin in there, it wouldn't kill Dan to clean and wash the car for her once in a while- he seems to have a lot more free time on his hands.

@Karma baby! - enjoy your holiday, soak up that sunshine in Punta Cana, and share some picts with us! It is freezing right now, even in SW Florida!

@Beachgirl - good on you for wanting to re-upholster your sofa! There is a fantastic synthetic leather called Ultra Leather (which is used in luxury cars and sailboats)- measure out how much material you would need and look on eBay- often, you will find a deal on remnants. It is relatively easy to sew (with a heavy duty sewing machine). I re-upholstered my interior boat cushions in it in 2014 (the factory ones were a hideous pink burlap, and was quoted $18K to have them recovered 😯) myself for far less (I used my Sailrite sewing machine, but an old school serger with a leather needle would have worked fine.) You'll need to use a heavier thread (I used Sailrite's V-92 because it is what I had on hand, which may be a bit much for a regular machine.) After 10 years (and much abuse), they still look amazing! (With boat cushions, it's a bit different, as they need to breathe, so the backs are done with Pfifertex mesh and zippers.)

I haven't followed Angelina Ballerina and Phil's channel in a while, so may have to watch a few to see what the fuss is about. Did Phil actually finally BUY the rented Chateau?!?

The Fleuries- just watched their latest vlog (mudroom), and am in agreement with you all- the dogs (how RIDICULOUS was Ziggy when Benoit drove up with his friends?!?) and Benoit are the highlight. I'm not sure what is going on, but (I am probably the only Anna and Philipp fan left on here after "Candlegate"), but the vlogs as of late have just felt a bit off.

As to Kathy, either you love Kathy or you don't, just like marzipan. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Kathy is just living her life, vlogging about it (she does not have a Patreon), and stating her views. While the majority of us do this with our anonymity safely ensconced behind a keyboard, she is out there calling it as she sees it, which is kind of bad-ass in a way- Kathy is a honey badger and could give two forks whether one likes her or not. While I may not agree with her on everything, none of us are perfect- if you were, you certainly would not be on a gossip site (although it is ridiculously fun!) At the end of the day, no matter what shade you 15 trolls and 3 hags throw at me, I'll still adore you (I have thick skin) and will just blame it on your menopause. But, goodness, there is no need to attack Kathy's physical appearance!

And, to end this rant on a positive note, @Beachgirl here is the interior of my sailboat with its Ultra Leather interior:
View attachment 1886171
Is that Leatherette? 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 6

C'est moi

VIP Member
He still looks like the dickless wonder he's always been.

Since I've hurt my spine, exercise has become a very real challenge. I've put on five kilos and trust me, everyone has noticed and commented. Yes, it's been a burden on my family. I struggle every day to balance exercise, pain and diet. Still, when I'm particularly down, I'm reminded of the classic scene from In Bruges... and while fat shaming is nasty and horrible to experience, I still get a laugh from it.
Excellently black humour. I love this film. Can't wait to see the Banshees of Inisherin. These two, Gleeson and Farrel, are made for each other.

And, of course, fat shaming is wrong...

• Heart

Imperious Me

VIP Member
Add Marc from Going Solo in France to this list.
He doesn't stop.
I'm not surprised he's 'going solo' because I doubt anyone could put up with his negativity.

Plus he's got some kooky ideas.
He thinks smart meters are a potential means for 'the government' to control us.
Then he wonders why his subscriber numbers aren't rocketing.

One of his vlogging heroes is . . . drum roll . . . Dan the Man. :rolleyes:
Oh him! I did watch him for a couple of months... then he started getting so depressing and rude sometimes... I'm here for a good time not a long one!

• Haha

Karma baby!

VIP Member
Using your own argument, I'm not sure we can judge Dan's parenting, based on "minutes of footage every 4 weeks." We don't know how often he babysits his own kids - neither do we know how often Annalise enjoys her little breaks away shown on her IG, when I assume Dan is looking after the boys. You can't use the same argument to defend Annalise and then to castigate Dan.
So stance we’re taking is that Dan may be a good parent too?
Good to know 😆

• Haha

Imperious Me

VIP Member
I heard that.. it clashed with the France football in the World cup. I agree they do put the hours and work in I just can't listen to them and that's probably more to do with me than them.
I do miss english chit chat, I think that's why I don't see what irritates others... I like listening to them chat naturally. She does whoop too much though I agree.

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
Oh dear @TorontoGWM I do declare you have upset flogging Catty. Take cover, she has a very delicate disposition (and not much of a sense of humour). Shit! That's put me back in the cross hairs... take cover.
Why do you say I have upset her? Someone named Camille has upset her. The field looks fine to me.

Hemerocallis

VIP Member
Everyone is getting their knickers in a knot about Annalise. I need to ask a simple question. Who the hell is Annalise? Does she have a vlog? YouTube hasn't pushed her onto me... Am I missing out?
Dans ex and mother of his sons.

Reader's digest

VIP Member
She wasn't fat when they got together.. My ex put on the weight after we married.. The old question "if you love someone it doesn't matter what size they are" Well that's fine if you meet a fatty and love them, but if your partner changes so drastically, I can tell you from experience, it changes everything... they don't have the energy to participate, cleaning, fun with the kids, walking/hiking around theme parks... sex becomes a chore, there self esteem takes a hit so you're always bolstering them up, encouraging them to no avail... and watching them go back for 2nds/3rds at every meal is quite off putting... meals made to freeze for future are non existent... so 'fat shaming' isn't just about "oh they're fat, lets drag them"... it truly puts a burden on the family.
IMO if some one is overweight you can call him overweight. And I can understand your point but being overweight doesn't come overnight, there are sure some other issues and support each other. In a marriage one should work on those issues. You would not leave your partner for another disease like cancer and say, oh she became less energetic and sex was awful. I guess like someone else said, Dan became a dick because he wanted out and she might have become fat to get rid of him.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
Hey!! I was thinking the same when she was standing in front of the "Garden Thing" and talking 😂 😂

(Can you tell I'm procrastinating on the suitcase packing job? :m )
Hope you're rolling and not packing too much, remember you will just keep wearing the same thing

• Haha
  • Heart

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
The couple at the Beautiful Chateau have befriended the Influencer and Wallpaperer. That means they’ll be grifting on Patreon sooner than later and flogging candles for 200 euros.

34404387-33D9-4C1D-9EF8-447B14FE6F52.png

• Heart

suthern_lurker

VIP Member
I actually thought that was a stock image from the internet! Unbelievable! That's an invitation for rodents. No excuse! I've known plenty of very busy single moms and their cars didn't look like that. I'm more convinced than ever that none of these people were raised correctly, these are all just bad habits, nothing more. They were allowed to get away with this behavior as children and probably their parents were like this too, and now the boys will follow. The apple rarely falls far from the tree. Shocking and disgusting! And to top it all off, it's all junk food containers, bad for the body, bad for the environment. This is how white trash live in the states. Rant over (for now). 😾
Was that photo actually taken in her car? 😳 That’s not even near normal- I was thinking some cracker crumbs and maybe a hamburger wrapper or some Happy Meal toys. But good grief/ that looked staged as in someone emptied several trash cans in there/ I’m even thinking the stench would be pretty bad! Ewww! Where do the boys even sit? There’s a rug on the passengers seat??? Omgosh! I can’t even imagine- driving around like that.
*My daughters have toddlers and it is a struggle to keep the car tidy inside/ but geez/ I have never seen theirs look like that- I have seen a couple of Froot loops and some goldfish crackers. But I have never seen anything like that In their vehicles! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Someone please tell me that’s not her car!!!
I don’t want to believe that! 😳😨🙈

• Haha

Imperious Me

VIP Member
If that isn't the case, then I wonder which chateau it is then? Must be one that was originally featured on CDIY, otherwise absolutely no relevance to the Strawbridges who were featured in the news articles. Yet again, just fake news maybe! ;)
It's the one with the butch looking chef wife, (not being rude honest), and I think her hubby is Scottish... they had a cafe in the chateau..

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
7C2F9BB1-9BE7-4F5F-BE56-EE38E813FBAF.png
The fellows at Chateau Two C*cks sure could show the chatelaine and Gay Twink how to live and renovate on a budget!

FCE40896-DD65-4108-B6E4-25994488FBDC.png

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
Has her patron amount dipped? She also now says in the top 500 accounts and it was 400…..

I keep thinking about her lies.
How old Gerry actually was when she was born. He said about 12 when Derek told him Isabel was pregnant. But he would have been nearly 16 ?
What 16 year old boy spends time with a baby? A little princess playing with Barbies wanting to be a princess who might well Schream and Schream when she wanted her own way eg all the time.
From the age of three she was having holidays with her Granny in France.
She tells us she was 9 when they moved to Cransford. He said They were both in the car together driving up to see it for the first time. Was Gerry driving. . ?

Did Mummy and Derek ever have holidays together?
We hear of the many trips Fanny took with Daddy…..
So much of her story does not add up.

And now we have the MIA squirrel.
Mummy’s trip to SA delay for business????
The heating installation was supposed to commence on the 10th….
Where are they!?

As for Dana she is probably the one loyal friend . She also has a day job. Respect. I do wish she would do elegant not skater mini dresses when she cooks at the castle. And get Annanliss to condition and cut her hair.

The drink flows in chateau land. What else do they have with no friends, money worries, and the cold. Most of them don’t look that happy!?
Having said that I am no googling sheepskin coats. Fanny wearing hers has inspired me🙄
Late last year I was reading an interview with Gerry.
He said he was born in 1960.
By my calculations he is fifteen years older than Steph.
To me, Gerry looks to be in his early sixties.
So I think you are close to the mark @Lochness Monster.

View attachment 1892538
View attachment 1892430

Yel I
4 hours ago
Strange cos it's been snowing all around France for 3 days now ?
@KiKiGee . . . I love how you catch a moment with a meme or pic. It's very clever . . . and amusing

• Heart