Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Wow your reference to the young Nuns and Novices made me gasp @Summerbaby
Sounds like we went to the same school 😂 mine was in West London near a hospital ??? Sound familiar 🤔
No, mine was actually in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. A daily 20 min by train journey from my home town, excluding the 15 min walk to the station, of course! :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Marie has mentioned in a vlog that she made that she has suffered mental health issues for a number of years , relating I recall to some incident in her childhood. She self harmed. Genuinely she is ill. There is no quick fix and the idea that people on social media will help her get well or even stay well is ludicrous. She desperately needs money as I have no doubt working and concentration for a full day will be too much for her. And vloggin brings her some income and notoriety.
If a therapist in the past has told her not to allow anyone to control her etc then some take this very black and white.
Naturally It makes it almost impossible to navigate life if it’s always your own way…..

Thyroidism she mentioned that she gave up the drugs? Using crystals and manifesting… sorry , this has not helped…

I agree about the convent idea, A supportive, non judgmental, calm but structured way of living. Sometimes we have hobbies that we enjoy.Would we try and make a business from them, maybe not.
Jared is another dreamer as has already been said here. Drifters.
That stupid make believe chateau Lielande makes people think they can live in a castle, drink champagne, travel and get up late . All funded by someone else.
Absolutely, 100% agree with you.
Taking time out in a convent or any other such kind of "free" spiritual establishment might help her, doesn't mean that she would ultimately have to become a nun - does it? Unfortunately, finances might be her stumbling block. IMHO, that is what she may wish to consider raising funds for. Entirely, her decision, of course, but, I do wish her well.
The "I am Ruth" programme, also covered the "extremely upsetting" self harming element too. I have had experience of this myself through a family member and it is never easy as body dysmorphia is just so insane and 100% requires professional intervention. Absolutely, no doubt about it! Fortunately, after many years, my family member finally got through it and recovered BUT, it still upsets me to think what she actually went through. It was a very long and uphill battle! :cry:
I genuinely feel that if Marie stayed anywhere for long enough she would be able to explore and gather around her, supportive and caring individuals/organisations which might be able to help her in the long term. I sincerely hope so.

Reactions: 3

Beachgirl

VIP Member
Thanks for uploading those vlogs as a reminder, appreciate it.
Nothing personal of course, but, I am more than happy to watch Amy and Marc's vlogs via YT (which I do), so that they gain the resultant ad revenue, simply because they work so extremely hard and, therefore deserve every £/E/$.
Now, CD (or whatever they are calling themselves these days) - certainly don't! All their vlogs defo need to be uploaded here, without a shadow of a doubt! ;)
I thought if we clicked on them here that it would still count on YouTube. Have I been wrong all this time😟

Apologies in advance, as this is defo a de-rail and rant all rolled into one! But, certainly a change from Chateau Advent vlogs and marzipan etc, no matter what. 😀
Listened to Martin Lewis' podcast this morning (UK members only might recognise that name), and it raised some questions with me regarding my personal tax/NI contributions and resultant UK gov pension expectations.
Thereafter, I spent approx 2 hours attempting to clarify my personal situation in those areas in order to finally understand what I might ultimately expect in UK Gov pension payments next year.
FFS, it is an absolute minefield (I do actually have a Financial Advisor but they cannot speak to HMRC on my behalf), so it is down to me to do so, and calculations/figures appear to constantly change whenever I have called up Gov.UK in the past couple of years too!
First guy, extremely helpful - after being on hold for 45 mins - especially with removing past cache elements on my computer so that I was then able to finally, successfully register online - always been an issue in the past. Now sorted. 😀
He gave me individual telephone numbers for contacting Tax/NI departments - ok - thank you!
Then, waited at least another 45 mins only to be ultimately told that their system was down - no mention of that made during my wait, of course not! :(
Just so frustrating! AND, I am still none the wiser either, so, another telephone call, on another day and being held in the waiting system, is required too! :mad: Is this the same experience for Tattlers in other countries?

My point being, if it is this hard to just work out one individual's tax/NI/pension situation (even with independent financial advice), and, who have been totally upfront/transparent throughout her entire 46 years of working - how the hell does Stephanie Jarvis actually sleep at night accepting the kind of mess she has created for herself? :confused::(
Is that the podcast where he I said that you only have until April next year to top up your state pension. I am short by 7 years on mine but was hoping I’d have longer to top it up.

• Heart

Summerbaby

VIP Member
I also attended Catholic school. The lower grade nuns were sweet. It was all about loving Jesus and the saints. Once I got to 5th grade, then they sent in the hardcore nuns. The ones that threw things at you and scolded you in the hallways. Sister Juliet, our principal NEVER cracked a smile. They were intimidating. That said, as an adult taking retreat in a convent would be a very different experience. For one thing, you are paying to stay. They may call it a donation but money is expected.
I am so walking alongside you in your past and, present day reasoning/thinking! :love: :ROFLMAO: