The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's definitely been a change in atmosphere. The backdoor was left ajar and let in several slow-burn flying monkeys that are now starting their m.o. of dividing and derailing. So much so that I'm finding I enjoy being here less and less - but isn't that their intent? We just need to be louder and take them to task at the first signs they show.

BTW, the Ambrosia recipe was a hit.
The flying monkeys (likely all shiteau sponsored) previously came in hot, quickly shot their load and were almost immediately rooted out and sent on their way. The flying monkeys have more changed their tact and a few of them took a more nuanced approach, tried to ingratiate themselves in threads and are taking a slow-burn approach. Agree with Le Baiseur they are trying to divide and conquer - so tartlets must continue to stay alert, keep holding Fanny accountable and remain focused on the prize.
For those who may have wondered where I’ve been recently after my hospital/medical problem in late August, I’m travelling overseas for 2 months (first trip since COVID). Fortunately the cardiologist gave me the green light to travel, but I’m catching up with family and friends and unfortunately I currently have little time to watch CD or connect on tattle, but I’ll try to watch and join in our dialogue when I can.
Stay strong tartlets and don’t let the flying monkeys get the better of us!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I'm going to try this over winter. Any suggestions for a lamb :cry:🐑 substitute? Maybe more potatoes?
I had to look up "swede," it's aka "rutabaga" for all you fellow non-chef types.
You can make it with beef and I have made it with chicken but lamb is traditional although Welsh produced lamb is really expensive here at the moment and I often substitute NZ lamb which is cheaper. (I know, crazy!). Don't forget the leeks! Maybe try Cawl Cennin, Leek and Potato Soup.. Crusty rolls and if you can get it as it is now only available for export, Y Fenni Cheese ( with Mustard seed) made in Abergavenny.
Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 19.20.31.png

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Can you imagine ink blots all over the place or shaking hands with HRH with his hands covered in ink like a schoolboy? :) Careful Jonny Bach, you might get your marching orders.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
In honour of the new Prince of Wales, a perfect traditional Welsh recipe for a rainy day - Cawl. Cheap, easy, and delicious cawl is a traditional Welsh stew. It is believed that the dish was invented in the 14th century. Cawl was traditionally prepared in a pot over an open fire and it was usually served during festivities and special occasions.
I like to chop parsley or lovage ( - from the garden! :rolleyes:) and put it in the bottom of the soup bowl before ladling on the hot soup. Delicious with hot, crusty bread. and the saltiness of a local Caerphiloy cheese.

View attachment 1575808
Where I come from we make a very similar stew most often with beef instead of lamb and onions instead of leeks. The rest the same. My favourite on a cold winters day!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The word cawl in Welsh is first recorded in the 14th century, and is thought to come from the Latin caulis, meaning the stalk of a plant, a cabbage stalk or a cabbage.

Cawl may once have played an important part in Welsh history. A story is related concerning the Welsh king Gruffydd ap Llywelyn. Gruffydd’s father Llywelyn ap Seisyll had been king of a considerable part of Wales in the early 11th century, but on his death the throne was taken over by another dynasty. His son Gruffydd was said to be an idle youth, and one New Year’s Day was driven out of the house by his exasperated sister. Leaning against the wall of another house he heard the comments of a cook who was cooking a dish which appears to be cawl. The cook complained that one piece of meat kept rising to the surface however often it was pushed down. Gruffydd took that to refer to himself and from that day on changed his outlook on life, to such effect that by 1055 he was king of all Wales.

• Heart
I'm going to try this over winter. Any suggestions for a lamb :cry:🐑 substitute? Maybe more potatoes?
I had to look up "swede," it's aka "rutabaga" for all you fellow non-chef types.
I didn’t get the joke from a red nose skit about Mama Mia the men all had turnip heads of course later I realize that they were “Swedes”

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
If you’re looking to go with a more vegan/vegetarian option I find lentils do a good job as a substitute for any type of ground meat. You might need to adjust herbs and spices accordingly.

The flying monkeys (likely all shiteau sponsored) previously came in hot, quickly shot their load and were almost immediately rooted out and sent on their way. The flying monkeys have more changed their tact and a few of them took a more nuanced approach, tried to ingratiate themselves in threads and are taking a slow-burn approach. Agree with Le Baiseur they are trying to divide and conquer - so tartlets must continue to stay alert, keep holding Fanny accountable and remain focused on the prize.
For those who may have wondered where I’ve been recently after my hospital/medical problem in late August, I’m travelling overseas for 2 months (first trip since COVID). Fortunately the cardiologist gave me the green light to travel, but I’m catching up with family and friends and unfortunately I currently have little time to watch CD or connect on tattle, but I’ll try to watch and join in our dialogue when I can.
Stay strong tartlets and don’t let the flying monkeys get the better of us!!!
To be honest all this flying monkey stuff gets a bit silly in my mind-if they're here they're here. I think Fanny and her crew glance here and maybe send in the odd little nugget or Isabelle? But the thought that someone grifting 33,000 a month is gong to care too much about a gossip site to a large degree I believe is wishful thinking. They read here to wind us up and to ensure their content ticks the box for any malcontent going on.

On a different note I hope you enjoyed your trip and that your health continues to improve.

I think the whole attacking newcomers and calling people flying monkeys is what actually divides this group- to flip it on its head. If you don't want newcomers and want to keep to to the original 15 then make it a closed group, I find the attacking each other bit which is often done in quite a bullying way really off putting and sometimes quite horrible, that's just me and I await the virtual kicking for raising my head above the parapet

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
In honour of the new Prince of Wales, a perfect traditional Welsh recipe for a rainy day - Cawl. Cheap, easy, and delicious cawl is a traditional Welsh stew. It is believed that the dish was invented in the 14th century. Cawl was traditionally prepared in a pot over an open fire and it was usually served during festivities and special occasions.
I like to chop parsley or lovage ( - from the garden! :rolleyes:) and put it in the bottom of the soup bowl before ladling on the hot soup. Delicious with hot, crusty bread. and the saltiness of a local Caerphiloy cheese.

View attachment 1575808
Thank you for sharing this! It looks very good and lighter and fresher than a beef stew - I can't wait to make it when the weather turns a little cooler!

Reactions: 6
I HAD A MONTH TO SET UP MY JUNK SHOP. I PULLED AN ALL-NIGHTER, AND STILL THE SLAVES-IN-RESIDENCE SET THIS UP FOR ME. I GUESS I AM SLOW OR SOMETHING...

ONLY MY BLOTCHY ‘PARTNER’ NOTICED I WAS ABSENT

LITTLE DID SHE KNOW I WAS LASER-FOCUSED ON THIS ALL NIGHT

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I have to say Clara it was because of you that I did persevere and stayed. You said some kind words to me in regards to being attacked by a fellow tattler. It was much appreciated and I stayed.
Kindness never hurts!

I broadcast the address of the CEO because I want as many people to write to the person at the top for no other reason than to try and stop the grift. When I joined I was all over Isabelle's narrative as someone who has worked in media it just didn't add up and I was pounced on. This group would in my opinion be more successful if we tried to work as a collective the old adage power in numbers is true. There is so much suspicion and cattiness at times that becomes more of the sites activity, a shame in my book. As a person I tend to trust people until given reason to question it like with Isabelle whose narrative for me didn't add up.
You have made it very clear, again and again, what you want us to do. You've also made it pretty clear what you think of us if we don't.

• Heart
  • Haha
Kindness never hurts!

You have made it very clear, again and again, what you want us to do. You've also made it pretty clear what you think of us if we don't.
I haven't said anything about you if you don't-it is up to you. You have made it clear time and the again my suggestion annoys you-why? P.S on a funny note you mentioned the packet ham a fair few times even with photos- sometimes we all want to emphasise something and say it again and again.

Kindness never hurts!

Kindness never hurts!

Last edited:
  • Angry
To be honest all this flying monkey stuff gets a bit silly in my mind-if they're here they're here. I think Fanny and her crew glance here and maybe send in the odd little nugget or Isabelle? But the thought that someone grifting 33,000 a month is gong to care too much about a gossip site to a large degree I believe is wishful thinking. They read here to wind us up and to ensure their content ticks the box for any malcontent going on.
Actually, Stephanie Jarvis pays someone to read here, so she doesn't have to. She gets reports on the subjects we talk about and more importantly the people we talk about. She then warns those people that they are mentioned on this gossip site.

I haven't said anything about you if you don't-it is up to you. You have made it clear time and the again my suggestion annoys you-why?
Because a: you keep repeating what you want us all to do and b: you keep repeating the point that if we don't, what we talk about is useless. So yes, that does annoy me. Not the suggestion, but you forcing your opinion on us.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Just watched yesterday’s “Crap Unwrapped”. What a great gift for us… Fill-Up is unwell and. spared us his boring commentary and endless attempts to make himself relevant. Fill-Up, I do hope you didn’t pick up monkeypox or another STD at a bathhouse whilst in Bore-dough the other day! 🐵 🐵 🐒 🐒

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
The word cawl in Welsh is first recorded in the 14th century, and is thought to come from the Latin caulis, meaning the stalk of a plant, a cabbage stalk or a cabbage.

Cawl may once have played an important part in Welsh history. A story is related concerning the Welsh king Gruffydd ap Llywelyn. Gruffydd’s father Llywelyn ap Seisyll had been king of a considerable part of Wales in the early 11th century, but on his death the throne was taken over by another dynasty. His son Gruffydd was said to be an idle youth, and one New Year’s Day was driven out of the house by his exasperated sister. Leaning against the wall of another house he heard the comments of a cook who was cooking a dish which appears to be cawl. The cook complained that one piece of meat kept rising to the surface however often it was pushed down. Gruffydd took that to refer to himself and from that day on changed his outlook on life, to such effect that by 1055 he was king of all Wales.
Dyma i'ch iechyd!

Reactions: 3
Actually, Stephanie Jarvis pays someone to read here, so she doesn't have to. She gets reports on the subjects we talk about and more importantly the people we talk about. She then warns those people that they are mentioned on this gossip site.
Jolly good. It is evident from content she gets pointers from here, on when to bring things up- like an excuse about the chapel, but that causes hilarity on here, it is a game of tennis and after patron day she is at match point currently and running off with the prize money monthly! I don't care if she reads here prints off the threads and wipes her arse with it to be honest. I am here for a bit of fun, gossip (of which you are a great provider so thank you) and also to see if we can stop the smug little vanity queen grifting. After patron day when you were a bit down in the mouth I was supportive to you and think I always have been so do wonder why you like to try and reel me in to a row-all fun though. Who is the lucky person who gets paid to read here? Would be great if it was you- kill two birds with one stone and a double double agent vibe (that is a joke so please keep your humour and take my reply in the light hearted manner it is meant). Bloody hell Nutty and Phi Phi must be permanently on Fanny's crumbling naughty step.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.