The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll miss Kathy here, but she’s just a click away. I think she will ultimately be happier on YouTube where she is the boss.❤
CCEC25D5-6D74-4765-A48C-D941E1EE11D2.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I'm sorry you don't like the recipes.
They are part of a long, and successful, campaign for freedom of speech here, and the establishment of the fish shack, which welcomes everyone -- not just the OGs -- to its celebrations.
Free at last.
We can’t please everyone Billybudd and neither should we attempt to ❤ I know recipes, inc yours are greatly appreciated. This is a multifaceted forum full of what ever the Tattler wants to share and for that we’re all thankful. I’m not a cook (I so wish I enjoyed cooking) so that’s why anything food related personally just doesn’t interest me. I respect that it does others though. I’ve been here a while but I’m not a OG so can’t claim to have my feet firmly under the table, I’m still a rookie at 387 posts.

Imo we all add to the Tattle Shito experience regardless of length or service and topics, even the infuriating flying monkeys bring something to the table. Who knows, may be one day I’ll give a recipe a go … if it’s a REALLY easy one 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
That is truly a pity. But why did you expect or want to be gushed over?
What kind of expectation they promised to you prior to your trip? I mean did they market it as a B&B or was it open only for patrons or youtube fans to book (not openly on eBookers etc)? When I'm going to a B&B, I have 0 expectation of the owner or the keeper to entertain me for my stay. I'm happy to be provided the service I paid for, which is literally a bed and a breakfast.
I was brought up with the ridiculous rule that if someone takes the time to visit you, travels, dresses etc then you provide the best that you can
It's just manners nothing else. But, add to that the fact that this is a patron of yours, who is helping fund your lifestyle, then it is unforgivable. It really is just how decently raised people behave. Clearly SJ wasn't brought up decently, rather dragged up by her hair, kicking and screaming. It's breathtaking.
I feel sorry you don't understand that. There are some books on how to behave, you might want to Google the subject.

Yep. Ive been used and abused for tv and the production company will reel you in with promises of great exposure, flattery and feed your ego, but they will rip you to shreds to get the most clickbait-y content. I fell for it once and never again. Fanny falls for it over and over. Has she no dignity?
I know the feeling. I was being interviewed live about one of my plays and the interviewer was trying to be as sensational as possible whilst trying to put words in my mouth. So I just stopped talking ha ha I've never seen anyone panic as much as she did, dead air on a radio program isn't desirable ha ha.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
We can’t please everyone Billybudd and neither should we attempt to ❤ I know recipes, inc yours are greatly appreciated. This is a multifaceted forum full of what ever the Tattler wants to share and for that we’re all thankful. I’m not a cook (I so wish I enjoyed cooking) so that’s why anything food related personally just doesn’t interest me. I respect that it does others though. I’ve been here a while but I’m not a OG so can’t claim to have my feet firmly under the table, I’m still a rookie at 387 posts.

Imo we all add to the Tattle Shito experience regardless of length or service and topics, even the infuriating flying monkeys bring something to the table. Who knows, may be one day I’ll give a recipe a go … if it’s a REALLY easy one 😊
Psssstttt!
I hear oatmeal is super easy to make!!

(yes, I jest)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I spoke up and questioned her and she decided to take me and another tattler to task on her very public YouTube channel. Unacceptable. Mme Flog does not like to be questioned. She reads the news on the internet, all day every day it would appear, and takes everything as actual fact without ever seeing the thing she is ranting about with her own eyes. When someone has the audacity to question her she throws a public hissy. I have no doubt that she pushed the ignore button for me so never saw my reply to her. She likes to dish but will not accept when someone questioned or proved her wrong. She used tattle to gather for her own YouTube channel constantly referring to it. What happened to tattlers don't rattle and keep it on tattle? Mme Flog could do neither.

Mme Flog is no victim. Her leaving tattle is of her own making. For the second time. She has chosen not to accept the rules. I am not so sure that her posts were really that pertinent. She used tattle to drive and promote her own YouTube channel. She regularly derailed by discussing her neighbour problems, visits, rants about brexit etc. Often times derailment here is fun and light. Unfortunately not so with Mme Flogs derailments.
thanks so much for articulating what I wanted to say, but much better than I could! I agree with every point. I'm sorry that you too have been at the receiving end of her.
Maybe I made a mistake making my initial posts not about Stephanie, I'm certainly not a fan but what I feel is so often said by others already and I'm nodding in agreement rather than posting. Thanks for the welcome c'est moi!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

MFK Fisher's Restorative Broth
1/3 part chicken broth
1/3 part clam juice
1/3 part good white wine
Bring to just under the boil to preserve the alcohol.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Stephanie has nearly 10000% more subscribers is all I meant. No offense intended but someone with 2k subscribers is a nobody compared to someone with over 200k. Anyway consider me hounded off this platform. I have no time for either Stephanie or the smaller accounts that chase for views.

Yes I know she's not making any big money as shes a small channel with not many subscribers. People tend to change once they become a larger channel. Stephanie was not always as ghastly and money grabbing as she is today.

Anyway I can see my view is not welcomed here.
This is quite sad that this forum has become so paranoid with perceived infiltration that new posters with alternative opinions feel hounded out ☹ at least have discussion, learn about opinion ask questions... Learn about each other, don't just hound and demand who are you to have that opinion... This forum should be free speech not a dictated mandate.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
To the point of when we go off topic for recipes, laundry, decorating or travel I find they are often sparked by something said or done by CD or one of her satellites. That said I always enjoy whatever tangent we wander off to. Otherwise I scroll on by. We are a lovely bunch, even when we’re snarky.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
To the point of when we go off topic for recipes, laundry, decorating or travel I find they are often sparked by something said or done by CD or one of her satellites. That said I always enjoy whatever tangent we wander off to. Otherwise I scroll on by. We are a lovely bunch, even when we’re snarky.
I fixed it for you.❤
We are a lovely bunch, even especially when we’re snarky.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I've been wondering. If bun boy is there to stay long-term and if Gnati and Queen Phillipa had a massive fight, who would stay? I think Gnati would win and the other thing would be out on it's ear.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I spoke up and questioned her and she decided to take me and another tattler to task on her very public YouTube channel. Unacceptable. Mme Flog does not like to be questioned. She reads the news on the internet, all day every day it would appear, and takes everything as actual fact without ever seeing the thing she is ranting about with her own eyes. When someone has the audacity to question her she throws a public hissy. I have no doubt that she pushed the ignore button for me so never saw my reply to her. She likes to dish but will not accept when someone questioned or proved her wrong. She used tattle to gather for her own YouTube channel constantly referring to it. What happened to tattlers don't rattle and keep it on tattle? Mme Flog could do neither.

Mme Flog is no victim. Her leaving tattle is of her own making. For the second time. She has chosen not to accept the rules. I am not so sure that her posts were really that pertinent. She used tattle to drive and promote her own YouTube channel. She regularly derailed by discussing her neighbour problems, visits, rants about brexit etc. Often times derailment here is fun and light. Unfortunately not so with Mme Flogs derailments.
I suspect Mme Flog will be back lurking, but not commenting, under another name.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don't usually comment on things like this, but I was up very early this morning, so saw your post and it has stuck with me throughout the morning. I feel that in an attempt to convey your own point, over and over, you might have not understood the original poster's comment. She did not expect "to be gushed over". She was talking about the Patron Day, where Patrons (like she used to be) were most definitely "gushed over". It was a contrast to her own experience:
  1. @missartemis was a Patron - this means her money funded Stephanie's lifestyle and "renovations"
  2. she went to CLL and paid for an apartment for a week
  3. as a paying customer - not to mention, she was a Patron - she was treated poorly
  4. last week was Patron Day at CLL. Clearly, Stephanie and her "team" went all out for these Patrons who spent, roughly, 6 hours there
I hope I'm not putting words in @missartemis mouth. But this is, for me, how I understood her post.

I don't know how or where you travel in your real life. But I can tell you that if I had a car accident in the middle of bleeping nowhere, I would expect to receive some help from the place I was staying. If they couldn't provide help, I would at minimal expect some compassion. Further, if I owned a B&B, I would rethink that occupation if I could provide neither of those things to my paying guests.

There are other points I haven't touched on, primarily the fact that Stephanie Jarvis tries to sell that the chateau is a place where "love and laughter" exists, but I'd like to think we can at least agree that @missartemis felt none of that! I'm assuming you agree, because your post includes the comment "any guest should be treated with respect".
Psssstttt!
I hear oatmeal is super easy to make!!

(yes, I jest)
As easy as pie 🥧 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
In honour of the new Prince of Wales, a perfect traditional Welsh recipe for a rainy day - Cawl. Cheap, easy, and delicious cawl is a traditional Welsh stew. It is believed that the dish was invented in the 14th century. Cawl was traditionally prepared in a pot over an open fire and it was usually served during festivities and special occasions.
I like to chop parsley or lovage ( - from the garden! :rolleyes:) and put it in the bottom of the soup bowl before ladling on the hot soup. Delicious with hot, crusty bread. and the saltiness of a local Caerphiloy cheese.

Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 18.53.46.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Where was Jonnie the Bonnie ? More pen trouble for the King , really funny, should use a Bic like the rest of us, enjoy only happened this afternoon 13th Sept

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
In honour of the new Prince of Wales, a perfect traditional Welsh recipe for a rainy day - Cawl. Cheap, easy, and delicious cawl is a traditional Welsh stew. It is believed that the dish was invented in the 14th century. Cawl was traditionally prepared in a pot over an open fire and it was usually served during festivities and special occasions.
I like to chop parsley or lovage ( - from the garden! :rolleyes:) and put it in the bottom of the soup bowl before ladling on the hot soup. Delicious with hot, crusty bread.
View attachment 1575808
I'm going to try this over winter. Any suggestions for a lamb :cry:🐑 substitute? Maybe more potatoes?
I had to look up "swede," it's aka "rutabaga" for all you fellow non-chef types.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Where was Jonnie the Bonnie ? More pen trouble for the King , really funny, should use a Bic like the rest of us, enjoy only happened this afternoon 13th Sept
Can you imagine ink blots all over the place or shaking hands with HRH with his hands covered in ink like a schoolboy? :) Careful Jonny Bach, you might get your marching orders.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I like to chop parsley or lovage ( - from the garden! :rolleyes:) and put it in the bottom of the soup bowl before ladling on the hot soup. Delicious with hot, crusty bread. and the saltiness of a local Caerphiloy cheese.

View attachment 1575808
Thank you I have invited guests and this will be a delightful conversation starter. ❤😍🥰😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.